Good morning,

Apologies if this thread already exists or I've completely missed the answer in a similar thread. 

I'm new to Autoit since yesterday, albeit that I've had an account for 3 years, I'm only starting to get into it. I am trying to create a script which will read my CSV row by row and create a variable per cell on that row. In my job I'm going to need to fill out a webform 100 times over so I would like to input each variable into my chosen field on this webform and repeat.

I've been playing with AutoIT and this is what I've done so far, am I on the right track? I was thinking of using the StringSplit functions but I am a bit clueless to be honest. Any help would be Great to get me started.

#include <file.au3>
#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include <array.au3>

_BrowseForFile()

Global $aOutput, $FilePath

_FileReadToArray ($FilePath,$aOutput,4,",")
_ArrayDisplay($aOutput)

Func _BrowseForFile() ;Sets $FilePath
    global $FilePath=FileOpenDialog("Browse for CSV",@DesktopDir,"csv files (*.csv)",$FD_MULTISELECT + $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST)
EndFunc

Edited by Churchy112

Yes, I think you are on the right track.
I suggest to drop function _BrowseForFile as a single line function is a lot of overhead.
As _FileReadToArray can handle CSV files now you've got a 2D array.
You would then need two loops to process each line (outer loop) and each cell in the row (inner loop).

Which browser do you use to fill the web form?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-07-31 - Version 1.4.12.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Thanks for your suggestions.

I'll be using Chrome but I can switch to any if more compatible. I'm hoping to apply this to other uses such as iTunes account creation. I work with schools and for every Apple device in school I need to create an Apple ID for it, so thats on average 60 Apple IDs per school :(.

Would you mind giving me a example of the loops that I could have a play with?

I'm not sure you need two loops because I assume you process all fields of a reacord (row) and write them to a single web page.
So it could look like:

For $i = 1 to $aOutput[0][0]
    ; Write the first field to the web page: $aOutput[$i][0]
    ; Write the second field to the web page: $aOutput[$i][1]
    ; ...
Next

How to write the data to the web page depends on the browser you use. Easiest is IE (a UDF comes with AutoIt), more complex gets FF etc.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2019-07-31 - Version 1.4.12.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2019-07-24 - Version 1.3.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (NEW 2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

I'm not sure you need two loops because I assume you process all fields of a reacord (row) and write them to a single web page.
So it could look like:

For $i = 1 to $aOutput[0][0]
    ; Write the first field to the web page: $aOutput[$i][0]
    ; Write the second field to the web page: $aOutput[$i][1]
    ; ...
Next

How to write the data to the web page depends on the browser you use. Easiest is IE (a UDF comes with AutoIt), more complex gets FF etc.

Thanks! I just need to have a play at the emulation functions and I'll give it a go tomorrow with iTunes form at my school.