How can I confirm TCPStartUp has started?

Hello, I'm trying my hand at a simple TCP server and client but I have a bit of a worry! I create a simple GUI to return the error code following the TCPStartUp command and its returning an error! I have tried using some example TCP Scripts too which don't seem to work properly. 

Would someone mind having a look at my code below and tell me if the TCPStartUp should be working? Should it be returning errorcode 1? 

And should my text steps be TCP Listen > TCP Accept > TCP Recieve?

I'm a bit of a noob so any help would be hugely appreciated :)

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Opt('GUIonEventMode', 1)

$GUI = GUICreate("S.M.I Server", 472, 311, 751, 312)
$Content = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 8, 8, 313, 289, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_EDIT,$ES_READONLY))

GUICtrlSetData($Content, "Content")

IF @error == 1 Then
    GUICtrlSetData($content, "TCP Services started with: " & @Error)
    GUICtrlSetData($content, "TCP Services failed with error: " & @error)

While 1
        GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "quit", $GUI)

Func quit()
    GUICtrlSetData($content, "TCP Shut Down: " & @error)

TcpStartup() will return 1 if the service started and 0 if not. You can use @error macro in case the function call failed to start tcp service to see wherethe problem is.

When the words fail... music speaks

try this:

; == Start the TCP service.

Func Example()
    Local $vTCP = TCPStartup() ; Start the TCP service.
    If $vTCP = 1 Then
        MsgBox(64, "", $vTCP)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

Edited by 232showtime

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.

try this:

; == Start the TCP service.

Func Example()
    Local $vTCP = TCPStartup() ; Start the TCP service.
    If $vTCP = 1 Then
        MsgBox(64, "", $vTCP)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

​I assigned a variable to TCPStartUp() as you did and this returns the error code I'm now expecting within my GUI!  Thanks.

Next step is trying to get another script to talk to this one.

You don't really need to hardcode the 1, If $vTCP Then is enough as anything that isn't zero is consider True, with zero meaning False. This is the beauty (or ugly side) of dynamic languages.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ripdad
      By ripdad
      I have had several people ask for this, so I decided to work the algorithm for it and this is the result.
      What is it?
      A Gateway Proxy Sends and Receives Data Unmodified.
      What is it used for?
      You can use it as a gateway, relay or router between two known static IP addresses.
      More information is in the header of the script.
      Download: LocalGatewayProxy.au3
      You will need WSA_NBTCP.au3 from here:
      If you have any questions or problems, let me know.
    • ripdad
      By ripdad

This script is based on algorithm code from EnrMa.
      Updated: January 22, 2018
      Made improvements. Changes are in the script header.
      Known Issues: AutoIt x64 does not work properly with this script.
      Download: LocalProxyServer_v1.00.zip
    • ripdad
      By ripdad
      WSA_NBTCP.au3  (Windows Sockets API - Non-Blocking Transmission Control Protocol)
      Version: 1.00
      Type: UDF
      This is an accumulation of WSA code from many sources and modified to suit myself.
      These functions have been thoroughly tested using a Local Proxy Server, which
      is about the most strenuous test you can use.
      Includes my rendition of how a TCPRecv Timeout should work. Also includes a
      timewait/timeout using Select for TCP Send, which works great for that function.
      You will need a loop to use _WSA_TCPRecv(). An example will be forthcoming in a second post.

- AutoIt Versions: thru (32Bit only).
      - TCPStartup() at beginning of script on startup.
      - TCPShutDown() and _WSA_Cleanup() on exit.
      Download UDF: WSA_NBTCP.au3
    • tarretarretarre
      By tarretarretarre
      Yep yep, this is pretty much an attempt to port the existing project's concept https://socket.io/ to AutoIt's Codebase. So i will not go in to so much detail.
      This is how the communication is done http://i.imgur.com/0mMfsBD.png Each client is isolated to the server http://i.imgur.com/rVO2LFb.png Features
      Easy API VarType Translation (Example: If the server sends an int, the client will receive an int and vice versa) Fully featured examples Data encryption (Using Autoit's UDF Crypt.au3) Limitations / Drawbacks
      It is not possible to Broadcast/Emit objects Only 1D-arrays are allowed to be Broadcasted/Emitted (2D arrays will probably never be supported) Changelog
      Version 1.5.0 (This update DOES NOT break scripts)
      Added AutoIt like docs under Docs\. The docs are generated so its a 1 to 1 reflection of the UDF headers. Print of documentation Added a production ready server example. Added a new method: _Io_DevDebug which will display useful information when debugging. Added a new method: _Io_SetMaxRecvPackageSize which defaults to whatever _Io_setRecvPackageSize is set to. Added a new method: _Io_setOnPrefix which defaults to _On_ Added a new default client & server event called flood. Flood occurs when exceeding the $__g_io_nMaxPacketSize. $__g_io_nMaxPacketSize is set by _Io_SetMaxRecvPackageSize Fixed the 16 parameter limit when sending data with _Io_Emit, _Io_Broadcast, _Io_BroadcastToAll and _Io_BroadcastToRoom. This works on the same premise that AutoIt's Call Does Fixed a TRUNCATION problem when receiving packages which could cause crashes! Fixed a programming error which caused $__g_ionPacketSize to reset to default 4096 if _Io_Connect or _Io_listenwere called after _Io_setRecvPackageSize Fixed _Io_setEventPreScript and _Io_setEventPostScript They didnt work. Lol. Changed how events are fired so the client cannot crash the server by sending the wrong number of parameters (This also allows for optional parameters on callbacks) Changed _Io_On. The second parameter $fCallback can now be set to null. Doing this, the function assumes that the callback is: _On_<eventName>.  
      Changelog History
      Api methods
      Please see the docs provided
      Default events
      Server events
      connection Client events
      banned Server and Client events
      disconnect flood View source on github
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.0.0.zip (OLD!)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.1.0.zip (OLD)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.3.0.zip (OLD)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.4.0.zip (OLD)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.5.0.zip (NEWEST 2017-12-20)
    • timmalos
      By timmalos
      Hello all.
      In case this is interesting few of you, I share my AMCP 2.1 protocol UDF in AutoIT. This protocol is used by CasparCG server, which is a Windows and Linux software used to play out professional graphics, audio and video to multiple outputs as a layerbased real-time compositor. It has been in 24/7 broadcast production since 2006. It's free and opensource.
      The UDF I share allows communication between an AutoIt based client and the CasparCG, based on following documentation : http://casparcg.com/wiki/CasparCG_2.1_AMCP_Protocol
      If you want more details on CasparCG :  official WebSite or have a look to this video
      I'm currently building a full Client based on AutoIt, with many features like drag-and-drop layers, but sadly I can't share it right now, might come later. Don't hesitate to ask questions if you have any or need a basic example.
      The only requirement for this UDF is the other Event-driven TCP UDF by Kip

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.