kcvinu

DllCall gives an error number 3

Hi all,

I have made a dll file in vb.net with a single function which returns a List(Of String). I have double check the name of the function. But it gives me an error number3. That means, function  not found in the dll file. What to do ?

this is my code

Local $dllPath = "E:\VB Works\OLEDB COM Works\TestApp\OLEDBtest\OLEDBtest\bin\Debug\OLEDBtest.dll"
Local $DBpath = "E:\KSEB METER READING\MRDB.accdb"
Local $SQL_Query = "SELECT Reading FROM DMR"
Local $hDll = DllOpen($dllPath)

Local $CallingDll = DllCall($hDll,"str","OneColumnFromDB","str",$DBpath,"str", $SQL_Query)

if @error Then
    Alert(@error)
Else
    Alert("OK")
EndIf
Exit

DllClose($hDll)

And this is vb,net code

Imports System.Data.OleDb
Public Class SelectFromDB
    Public Function OneColumnFromDB(ByVal DBpath As String, ByVal SQLstr As String) As List(Of String)
        Dim RetValues As New List(Of String)
        Dim Conn As New OleDb.OleDbConnection
        Dim Cnstr As String = "Provider = Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source = " & DBpath
        Conn.ConnectionString = Cnstr
        Dim Cmd As New OleDb.OleDbCommand(SQLstr, Conn)
        Try
            Conn.Open()
            Dim Sdr As OleDb.OleDbDataReader = Cmd.ExecuteReader
            While Sdr.Read()
                RetValues.Add(Sdr.Item(0))
            End While
            Sdr.Close()
            Cmd.Dispose()
            Conn.Close()

Catch ex As Exception
            RetValues.Add(ex.Message)
            Conn.Close()
        End Try
        Return RetValues
    End Function
End Class

Edited by kcvinu

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@trancexx , You mean, my vb.net code is wrong. do you ? 

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

I didn't take trancexx's comment as being that either. As mentioned before I am not a VB.NET dev, but in C# we would register the assembly using regasm.exe. See >> https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/166704-net-compiled-dll-assembly-in-autoit-the-simple-approach/

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

@guinness, Yes, i know about regasm. But i thought that it's only needed when we want to create a COM dll. Now, you are saying that, i need to register this dll with regasm. Ok. Let me try. Thank you :) 

@guinness , Thank you for the link. In that post, you said that to copy paste the dll from Debug dir to Script dir. In my case, dll file is still in the Debug dir. But i wonder, my function only returns error number 3, that means "Function not found in the dll file". Not the dll. 

Edited by kcvinu

My Contributions

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Skysnake
      This is relevant
      From here https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3454315/is-it-possible-to-pin-a-dll-in-memory-to-prevent-unloading
      I use several UDFs on the Forum to do various things.  Those UDFs work very well.
      Effectively the UDFs are DLL wrappers, that make it possible to access DLL functions easily without the long hard slog of DLLCall() every time.
      However, I have now run into the issue that multiple UDF DLLCalls are slow. Not mind numbingly slow, but slow enough to become noticeable with a large of repeated function calls.
      So I was wondering, is it possible to "load a DLL into memory" and leave it there for the duration of my script's lifetime, avoid repeated DLL on-disk reads with a persistent in memory DLL?
      From Microsoft
      https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/dlls/about-dynamic-link-libraries
      Looks like what I want to do is: load-time dynamic linking,
      So next question, (a) how do I do this with AutoIt (b) How would this impact on standard AutoIt type DLL calls?

The point is speed.  Is there a different approach?
      Or am I barking up the wrong tree?
      Skysnake
    • By supersonic
      Hi -
      Currently I'm playing around with Windows Credential Manager. I'm trying to access it with DllCall("advapi32.dll", ...) using the functions 'CredWriteW', 'CredReadW' and 'CredDeleteW'. All well. Another function I have to deal with is 'CredEnumerateW': https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/wincred/nf-wincred-credenumeratew/ .
      That's the test code I have so far:
      #include <Array.au3> #include <String.au3> Local $tCredentialsCount = DllStructCreate("DWORD;") Local $tPointerToArrayOfPointers = DllStructCreate("PTR;") ; Local $tPointerToArrayOfPointers = DllStructCreate(_StringRepeat("PTR;", 200)) ; ??? Local $aResult = DllCall("advapi32.dll", "BOOL", "CredEnumerateW", _ "WSTR", Null, "DWORD", 1, "DWORD", DllStructGetPtr($tCredentialsCount), "PTR", DllStructGetPtr($tPointerToArrayOfPointers)) If (Not @error) Then Local $iCredentialsCount = DllStructGetData($tCredentialsCount, 1) _ArrayDisplay($aResult, $iCredentialsCount) Local $hPointerToArrayOfPointers = DllStructGetData($tPointerToArrayOfPointers, 1) MsgBox(0, "$hPointerToArrayOfPointers", $hPointerToArrayOfPointers) ; Fails... For $i = 1 To 10 ; $iCredentialsCount MsgBox(0, $i & "___" & (($i * 2) - 1), DllStructGetData($tPointerToArrayOfPointers, ($i * 2) - 1)) Next $tCredentialsCount = 0 $tPointerToArrayOfPointers = 0 DllCall("advapi32.dll", "NONE", "CredFreeW", "PTR", $hPointerToArrayOfPointers) EndIf The DllCall seems to function properly - I get a valid count of credentials (on my computer ~ 133) and a pointer "to array of pointers".
      What is meant by "array of pointers"?
      Microsoft says: Pointer to an array of pointers to credentials. The returned credential is a single allocated block. Any pointers contained within the buffer are pointers to locations within this single allocated block.
      How to access these pointers... Contained within the buffer???
      Any information you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.
    • By bladem2003
      Hello,
      i need help to translate the c code to autoit .
      I don't understand the callback function.

#include <windows.h> #include <stdio.h> // native IR Data by PAnsiChar typedef void CALLBACK CallBackPAnsiChar(char*, char*, char*, char*); typedef int (__stdcall *impInitPAnsiChar)(CallBackPAnsiChar); CALLBACK MyCallBackPAnsiChar(char* Protocol, char* Address, char* Command, char* Flags) { printf("\nIR Data received: Protocol: %s, Address: 0x%s, Command: 0x%s, Flags: 0x%s", Protocol, Address, Command, Flags); fflush(stdout); } int main(int argc, char **argv) { impInitPAnsiChar InitPAnsiChar = NULL; // Load DLL file HINSTANCE hinstLib = LoadLibrary(TEXT("USB_IR_Remote_Receiver.dll")); if (hinstLib == NULL) { printf("\nERROR: unable to load DLL\n"); return 1; } // Get function pointer InitPAnsiChar InitPAnsiChar = (impInitPAnsiChar)GetProcAddress(hinstLib, "InitPAnsiChar"); if (InitPAnsiChar == NULL) { printf("\nERROR: unable to find DLL function\n"); FreeLibrary(hinstLib); return 1; } if (InitPAnsiChar(*MyCallBackPAnsiChar)) { printf("\nInit DLL with InitPAnsiChar successfull"); } else { // Unload DLL file FreeLibrary(hinstLib); return 0; } while(1) { } //return 0; }  
    • By Yirrlaar
      Hello All,
      I'm using "ImageSearch2015.au3" and i'm trying to figure out WHY, for the life of me, I can't find an image is hidden.
      So what I came up with, is as follows:
      _ImageSearchAreaHidden("C:\icon.png", 1, 0, 0, 800, 600, $x1, $y1, 80, 0) Func _ImageSearchAreaHidden($findImage, $resultPosition, $x1, $y1, $right, $bottom, ByRef $x, ByRef $y, $tolerance, $transparency = 0) Local $h, $result local $TestScreen = "C:\TestScreen.png" ;previsous screenshot of the image looking for, fully visible If Not FileExists($findImage) Then Return "Image File not found" If $transparency <> 0 Then $findImage = "*" & $transparency & " " & $findImage If $tolerance < 0 Or $tolerance > 255 Then $tolerance = 0 If $h_ImageSearchDLL = -1 Then _ImageSearchStartup() If $tolerance > 0 Then $findImage = "*" & $tolerance & " " & $findImage $result = DllCall($h_ImageSearchDLL, "str", "ImageSearchEx", "str", $TestScreen, "int", $x1, "int", $y1, "int", $right, "int", $bottom, "str", $findImage) If @error Then Return "DllCall Error=" & @error If $result = "0" Then Return False $array = StringSplit($result[0], "|") If (UBound($array) >= 4) Then $x = Int(Number($array[2])) ; Get the x,y location of the match $y = Int(Number($array[3])) If $resultPosition = 1 Then $x = $x + Int(Number($array[4]) / 2) ; Account for the size of the image to compute the centre of search $y = $y + Int(Number($array[5]) / 2) EndIf Return True EndIf EndFunc ;==>_ImageSearchAreaHidden Now when the folder with the icon is completely visible, it finds the icon without any issues, however if I cover up the icon, it no longer finds the image in the folder.
      Any ideas?
    • By Bilgus
      So first things first the example in the help file for _WinApi_Enum_Windows has an error
      ;_ArrayDisplay($aResult, "_WinAPI_EnumWindows", Default, Default, Default, Default, "#|Handle|Class|Title|Text|Process") Should Be _ArrayDisplay($aResult, "_WinAPI_EnumWindows", Default, Default, Default, "Handle|Class|Title|Text|Process") Next is a bit of helpful info on LPCSTR in a callback function it needs  to be passed as a PTR
      DllCallbackRegister($sFUNCT, $sRETURN, "ptr") Finally on to my question
      I'd want to call EnumPropsEX and pass a string through lparam + append to it rather than declaring anything globally
      I can Come up with two ways to do this The second it a lot more code but possibly safer but the first way I think Should do
      1. From a bit of testing It seems AutoIt won't overflow a DllStruct?
      2. Are strings passed through DLL call guaranteed to be 'an ANSI string (a minimum of 65536 chars is allocated)' as the Helpfile clearly states?
      #include <Array.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> Example() Func Example() Local $aWindows = _WinAPI_EnumWindows() Local $aResult[$aWindows[0][0]][6] For $i = 1 To $aWindows[0][0] $aResult[$i - 1][0] = "0x" & Hex($aWindows[$i][0], 8) $aResult[$i - 1][1] = $aWindows[$i][1] $aResult[$i - 1][2] = WinGetTitle($aWindows[$i][0]) $aResult[$i - 1][3] = WinGetText($aWindows[$i][0]) $aResult[$i - 1][4] = WinGetProcess($aWindows[$i][0]) $aResult[$i - 1][5] = _ArrayToString(EnumProps($aWindows[$i][0]), ", ", 1) Next _ArrayDisplay($aResult, "_WinAPI_EnumWindows", Default, Default, Default, "Handle|Class|Title|Text|Process|Properties") EndFunc ;==>Example Func EnumProps($hWnd, $vDLL = 'user32.dll') ; Create callback function. Local $iErr = 0 Local $aProps[1] = [0] Local $hCb = DllCallbackRegister('_PropEnumProcEx', 'int', 'hwnd;ptr;handle;ptr') ; Call EnumPropsEx Local $aRet = DllCall($vDLL, 'int', 'EnumPropsEx', 'HWND', $hWnd, 'ptr', DllCallbackGetPtr($hCb), 'str', "") If @error Or Not $aRet[0] Then $iErr = @error ConsoleWrite("EnumProps Error:" & $iErr & @CRLF) ElseIf $aRet[3] <> "" Then $aProps = StringSplit($aRet[3], ";") EndIf DllCallbackFree($hCb) Return SetError($iErr, 0, $aProps) EndFunc ;==>EnumProps Func _PropEnumProcEx($hWnd, $sProp, $hData, $pStr) Local $iSzStr = _WinAPI_StringLenA($sProp) + 1 ; + Null Char If $iSzStr > 1 Then Local $tProp = DllStructCreate('char[' & $iSzStr & ']', $sProp) Local $tRetn = DllStructCreate('char[65535]', $pStr) DllStructSetData($tRetn, 1, DllStructGetData($tRetn, 1) & DllStructGetData($tProp, 1) & ";") EndIf Return 1 EndFunc ;==>_PropEnumProcEx ;-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Func EnumProps2($hWnd, $iSzBuffer = 4096, $vDLL = 'user32.dll') ; Create callback function. Local $iErr = 0 Local $sProps Local $aProps[1] = [0] Local $hCb = DllCallbackRegister('_PropEnumProcEx', 'int', 'hwnd;ptr;handle;ptr') Local $tProps = DllStructCreate('int;int;char[' & $iSzBuffer & ']') DllStructSetData($tProps, 1, $iSzBuffer) ;BufferSz DllStructSetData($tProps, 2, $iSzBuffer) ;BufferRemaining ; Call EnumPropsEx Local $aRet = DllCall($vDLL, 'int', 'EnumPropsEx', 'HWND', $hWnd, 'ptr', DllCallbackGetPtr($hCb), 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tProps)) If @error Or Not $aRet[0] Then $iErr = @error DllStructSetData($tProps, 2, 0) EndIf DllCallbackFree($hCb) $sProps = DllStructGetData($tProps, 3) If DllStructGetData($tProps, 2) > 0 Then If $sProps <> "" Then $aProps = StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sProps, 1), ";") EndIf Else If Not $iErr Then $iErr = 6 ;buffer overflow Return SetError($iErr, -DllStructGetData($tProps, 2), $aProps) EndIf Return $aProps EndFunc ;==>EnumProps2 Func _PropEnumProcEx2($hWnd, $sProp, $hData, $ptProp) Local $iSzStr = _WinAPI_StringLenA($sProp) + 1 Local $tProp = DllStructCreate('char[' & $iSzStr & ']', $sProp) If $iSzStr > 1 Then Local $sRet = DllStructGetData($tProp, 1) Local $iSzBuffer = DllStructGetData(DllStructCreate('int', $ptProp), 1) Local $tRetn = DllStructCreate('int;int;char[' & $iSzBuffer & ']', $ptProp) DllStructSetData($tRetn, 2, DllStructGetData($tRetn, 2) - $iSzStr) If DllStructGetData($tRetn, 2) > 0 Then DllStructSetData($tRetn, 3, DllStructGetData($tRetn, 3) & $sRet & ";") EndIf EndIf Return 1 EndFunc ;==>_PropEnumProcEx2