padinski

Sound alert - after x amount of time

9 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have the following script which works beautifully :)

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Select filepath with message to display in FileOpenDialog.
Local Const $sMessage = "Select your excel file."
Local $sFilePath = FileOpenDialog($sMessage, "D:\Users\xxxx\Documents\", "Excel (*.xls;*.xlsx;*.csv)|", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST)
; Create application object or connect to an already running Excel instance
Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open()
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF:", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
;open workbook from excel
$oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, $sFilepath, Default, Default, True)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF:", "Error opening '" & $oWorkbook & "'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
;Read array from excel
Local $aArray1 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, Default)
If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF:", "Error reading from workbook." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
_ArrayDisplay($aArray1)
; Turn on progress GUI
ProgressOn("Progress", "address updates", "0%")
; counts the number of rows in the array
$rows = UBound($aArray1) -1
; script start
for $c = 1 to $rows
; Progress calcualtions
$p=($c-1)/$rows*100
ProgressSet($p,$c-1&" of "&$rows&" addresses processed")
;Address id search in IE
$oIE = _IEAttach("Address")
_IENavigate($oIE, "http://intranet/addaddresssearch")
$oForm1 = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 0)
Local $oQuery = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm1, "AddressID")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery, $aArray1[$c][0])
_IEFormSubmit($oForm1)
_IELoadWait($oIE)
If WinActive ("Message")Then
ControlClick("Message", "OK", "[CLASS:Button;INSTANCE:1]");Confirmation message box, click "ok"
Continueloop
EndIf
;Update fieldB in IE
$oForm2 = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE, 0)
Local $oQuery1 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm2, "fieldB")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery1, $aArray1[$c][1])
;Update fieldC in IE
Local $oQuery2 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm2, "fieldC")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery2, $aArray1[$c][2])
;Update fieldD in IE
Local $oQuery3 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm2, "fieldD")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery3, $aArray1[$c][3])
;Update date in IE
Local $oQuery4 = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm2, "Date")
_IEFormElementSetValue($oQuery4, "01-06-2015");Set to the first of the month
;Submit form & prepare for next address
_IEFormSubmit($oForm2)
_IELoadWait($oIE)
WinWaitActive("Message")
ControlClick("Message", "OK", "[CLASS:Button;INSTANCE:1]");Confirmation message box, click "ok"
next

Occasionally the page might hang or be slow to load. Now because this will be running on a computer next to me, I need to be alerted if the my _IEnavigate hasn't worked because the web page is unavailable or if _ieloadwait is taking to long to load so I can check whether it's an issue with the server either being down, slow or it's just IE hanging & requires me to click submit again on a form to try again. If it's just the server being slow I need to know so I can stop the script and perhaps run it again when the server is performing at full potential.

I am aware I could probably build in functions to allow for such issues, but I would prefer to handle it this way with some sort of alert.

I was wondering how I could add a command that would play a sound if more than 3 minutes has passed between a loop?
Or if it's easier, if 3 minutes has passed and a page still hasn't loaded, something like:

If _IELoadWait($oIE) >  180000 Then ; IE has waited more than 3 minutes to load webpage
SoundPlay(@WindowsDir & "\media\tada.wav", 1)
EndIf

Any help here would be much appreciated.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks Jfish I will add that into my script, should be exactly what I'm after.

Just realized _IENavigate has that same functionality too so I would use that statement after that too I take it.

If I change _IELoadWaitTimeout from the default 5 mins to 2 mins I should then get a sound alert if either _IELoadWait or _IENavigate idles for longer than 2 minutes?

Edited by padinski

If @error Then
EndIf
; Is suffice, unless you really really need to know it produced an error of 6

2 people like this

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Thanks for the help both of you.

It's just if the function changes the @error codes and you missed the script breaking changes, then it still won't break your code. For when something went well, use...

If Not @error Then
EndIf

But again, it depends entirely on how important the @error code is to you. Some people like to be descriptive to the end user, others are find with a generic "Whoops, something went wrong" kind of message.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

That is a pretty cool little script, mind posting all of your includes? 

I may want to see about setting up some automation and use this as a base.

That is a pretty cool little script, mind posting all of your includes? 

I may want to see about setting up some automation and use this as a base.

Hey mate used the following:

#include <FileConstants.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <Array.au3>
#include <IE.au3>
#include <Excel.au3>