kingjacob90

Know what object to use!?

3 posts in this topic

HI

I am wanting to know what my CPU temp is but don't know what object to use. I don't relay know how objget works so would not know where to start. I have seen people integrate things like windows speech to text into their scripts but don't know how they know what object to use! How do I find the right object? And how dose it work?

Thanks Jacob

Look in help file for Obj/COM Reference. there some resources also looking in google. 

Saludos

venezuela.png Would you like to say thank to Danyfirex using a warmy way?  offer me a cup of coffee... coffee.png

autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

AutoIt...

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Did you search the forum? IIRC this subject has been discussed before.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• genius257
      By genius257
      I've made a library, based on AutoItObject UDF with the goal of implementing getter and setter functionality and make it possible to define new object properties in as few steps as possible.
      Thank you to @trancexx for getting me on the right track, and all users in Hooking into the IDispatch interface for the code to get me going.
      If I've forgotten to add credit, please let me know
      Example:
      #include "AutoItObject_Internal.au3" $myCar = IDispatch() $myCar.make = 'Ford' $myCar.model = 'Mustang' $myCar.year = 1969 $myCar.__defineGetter('DisplayCar', DisplayCar) Func DisplayCar($oThis) Return 'A Beautiful ' & $oThis.parent.year & ' ' & $oThis.parent.make & ' ' & $oThis.parent.model EndFunc MsgBox(0, "", $myCar.DisplayCar) More examples: https://github.com/genius257/AutoIt-projects/tree/master/AutoItObject Internal/Examples
      Version: 1.0.3
      AutoItObject_Internal.au3
      Documentation:

Edit2 (19th March 2017):
      First of all, sorry about the lack of updates on this project. I always start too many projects and end up ignoring old projects, if I run into problems ^^'.
      So I've started moving my AutoIt scripts to GitHub. I will still post the most recent script version here.
    • WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I've coded the small script below, but it can't seem to get the instance of Windows Media player as it keeps going to @error, I've not used com objects before so any assistance would be appreciate. I already have WMP open and minimised. I retrieved "WMPlayerApp" from the AutoIT info tool, I've included a copy below.
      I'm using these sources:
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd564085.aspx
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd564018.aspx
      $oWMP = ObjGet("", "WMPlayerApp") If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Can't get WMP", "Couldn't connect to the WMP instance") Exit EndIf $wmpPlayState = $oWMP.playState MsgBox(0, "Play State", $wmpPlayState) $wmpSongName = $oWMP.currentMedia.name MsgBox(0, "Play State", $wmpSongName) I've also seen references to the below, but I want to get an existing open WMP:
      ObjCreate("wmplayer.OCX") and have looked at the WMP.udf but can't see how it will do either of the functions I've coded above.

• harvester2001
      By harvester2001
      Hi
      I need help, I found script to check computer model. I want use it in loop to chceck multiple pc`s (targets.txt with computer names).
      But when i try use inside loop i get error: Variable must be of type "Object" and I dont know how to fix this
      Plz help

Local $targets = @ScriptDir& "\targets.txt" Local $log_name = "\scan.log" $msgBox = MsgBox(4, "Scan", "need tergets.txt") Example() Func Example() If $msgBox = 7 Then exit EndIf If Not FileExists($targets) Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "File: targets.txt - no exist !") Exit EndIf FileOpen($targets, 0) Global $arr[1000] ReDim $arr[_FileCountLines($targets)+1] For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($targets) $line = FileReadLine($targets, $i) $arr[$i] = $line ; chceck if pc is online Local $iPing = Ping($arr[$i], 250) If $iPing Then ; ONLINE Local $strComputer = $arr[$i] $colItems = "" $Output="" $Output = $Output & "Computer: " & $strComputer & @CRLF $Output = $Output & "==========================================" & @CRLF $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\CIMV2") $colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_ComputerSystemProduct", "WQL", _ "0x10" + "0x20") If IsObj($colItems) then For $objItem In $colItems $Output = $Output & "Vendor: " & $objItem.Vendor & @CRLF $Output = $Output & "SN: " & $objItem.IdentifyingNumber & @CRLF $Output = $Output & "Name: " & $objItem.Name & @CRLF $Output = $Output & "UUID: " & $objItem.UUID & @CRLF if Msgbox(1,"WMI Output",$Output) = 2 then ExitLoop $Output="" Next Else Msgbox(0,"WMI Output","No WMI Objects Found for class: " & "Win32_ComputerSystemProduct" ) Endif Else ;OFFLINE _FileWriteLog(@ScriptDir & $log_name, $arr[$i]&" OFFLINE") EndIf Next EndFunc  

• Leo1906
      By Leo1906
      I have a problem here. I have a Script wich opens a Gui with an iExplore Object embedded. The GuiCreate is in an external Function an called in the main while of the script.
      When the Gui closes the Gui gets destoyed. But unfortunately the iExplore Obejct still remains. You can see this by the RAM usage of the exe. After opening a Website the RAM usage stays at  ~ 50 Mb RAM (depending on the website).
      I want it to fall back to the normal state (around 4 MB).
      You can see my attempts to delete the object properly. According to the help an embedded object should get deleted when the GUI gets deleted ...?

GUICreate("Display", 600, 360, -1, -1) Local $oIE = _IECreateEmbedded() $obj = GUICtrlCreateObj($oIE, 0, 0, 600, 360) GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0xff0000) _IEPropertySet($oIE, "addressbar", False) _IEPropertySet($oIE, "menubar", False) _IEPropertySet($oIE, "statusbar", False) _IEPropertySet($oIE, "toolbar", False) _IEPropertySet($oIE, "resizable", False) _IENavigate($oIE, $dest&"\index.html") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Local $iMsg = GUIGetMsg() Local $tmsg = TrayGetMsg() Select Case $iMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ;~ $obj = 0 ;~ _WinAPI_DeleteObject ( $obj ) ;~ _IEQuit($obj) ;~ _MemGlobalFree($obj) ;~ $oIE = 0 ;~ _WinAPI_DeleteObject ( $oIE ) ;~ _IEQuit($oIE) ;~ _MemGlobalFree($oIE) GUIDelete() Case $tmsg = $exit _exit() EndSelect WEnd  
      I would be very happy for your help  
      Kind regards