DoomSack

Which browser to work with AutoIt

22 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone ,
                           I am really confused right now about which browser to choose to work with AutoIt. I have been using IE but honestly, IE crashes more often and is not really as customized as any other browsers out there. So here are my questions.
1. which browser to choose ? (e.g: firefox, chrome, etc)

2.why?

That's it .

Would like to here everyone's detailed suggestions, so as to make a really good decision.

Thank you All.

Just now, JohnOne said:

computer and use IE.

Details: all others are simply a right royal pain in the arse

Hehe .. There is nothing wrong with my computer. its just that when ever my script goes over more than 2 hours of usage of IE it crashes.

But, Thank you for your views on the topic, will keep in mind.

What makes you sure that the same problem will not arise with FireFox or Chrome?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

1 minute ago, water said:

What makes you sure that the same problem will not arise with FireFox or Chrome?

Good question, I don't know and that is why I am asking the question here before trying it for myself and wasting my time learning everything. Mostly, someone or the other might have worked with it and they can show their generosity by sharing their views, so that I can take a decision.

Thank you

40 minutes ago, DoomSack said:

its just that when ever my script goes over more than 2 hours of usage of IE it crashes.

I would first try to find the cause of the crash. "Running for 2 hours" sounds like you are running the script in a loop. There might be a memory leak causing the crash.
Which error message do you get when your script crashes?

Can you post your script so we might have a look at it?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, water said:

I would first try to find the cause of the crash. "Running for 2 hours" sounds like you are running the script in a loop. There might be a memory leak causing the crash.
Which error message do you get when your script crashes?

Can you post your script so we might have a look at it?

Yes, I am running the script in a loop. Sorry I cant share the script. But, probably the cause is due to cache memory, i.e. what I think. the script includes constantly opening webpages, and the loop runs for almost 2k times and maybe the cache is the cause.

And I don't get any error message, the script just waits for the web page to load and exits. Meanwhile, internet explorer stops working and windows ask me to debug the IE or close IE.

Edited by DoomSack

Check the memory consumption while running. Maybe you need to release some ressources after each loop.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Just now, water said:

Check the memory consumption while running. Maybe you need to release some ressources after each loop.

Ohh.. !! And how do I do that ??

Windows Task Manager?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

1 hour ago, water said:

Windows Task Manager?

Lol. Could you be more specific about how automate it.

Why automate? Just start the Task-Manager and then your script and watch how memory consumption increases.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

8 hours ago, junkew said:

All browsers are fine. See ff.au3 chrome.au3 ie.au3

Generic iuiautomation in examples section can deal with safari to.

Check if you cannot use inetget functions.

Thank you Junkew .. Will Look into that ..

#15 ·  Posted (edited)

No need to Fix your computer, just use Firefox.

Details: all others are simply a right royal pain in the arse to use ... especially IE.

Spoiler

:P;)

Edited by TheSaint
1 person likes this

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

15 hours ago, water said:

Why automate? Just start the Task-Manager and then your script and watch how memory consumption increases.

Whenever I run my script I close the applications first run ccleaner and then run my script and I leave. I return back to my system after couple of hours. That is why I want a solution to this problem in a way that I don't have to do anything manually.

Just now, TheSaint said:

No need to Fix your computer, just use Firefox.

Details: all others are simply a right royal pain in the arse to use ... especially IE.

Thank you very much saint. I was thinking to use firefox, just wanted someone to tell me. Will do so .

No worries, I was just correcting JohnOne's spelling mistakes. :lol:

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

Just now, TheSaint said:

No worries, I was just correcting JohnOne's spelling mistakes. :lol:

:D No Further Comments on the topic :P

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

just use Firefox.

Firefox FTW :thumbsup:

1 person likes this

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Viki
      By Viki
      This is my first time here so please dont bombard me that what a silly question I am asking!!
      I have 500 rows (A1:A500) in a spreadsheet and I just want to copy one by one row and then paste into another application and then press enter, loop should repeat this until finishes all 500 rows.
      I have looked at clipget(), clip(put() but dont know how to select next row in next turn. I also looked at Array to store but again no luck. Can some guide me please..
    • DineshPawar
      By DineshPawar
      0down votefavorite   In my current project, Excel macro open AutoIt script using a function Call Shell("location of autoit script").
      For proper functioning of AutoIt script it's need to be close parent Excel workbook, so this closing Excel action is written in AutoIt script itself.
      But as soon as AutoIt script close parent Excel workbook then script get pause and it do nothing.
      How open the AutoIt script from Excel workbook and after that parent Workbook get close?
    • AndroidZero
      By AndroidZero
      I want to animate transparent GIFs on my gui.
      I searched, read and tested a lot UDFs
      At the end none fits to me
      I wrote my own animated function, but its flickering sometimes just for a miliseconds but still doesnt looks good.

Below is my code for Testing and also the GIF images you need for it.
      GUIChangeImage() is the Animation Function.
      CODE:
      ;************FOR GATHER HTML SOURCE CODE********************** #include <IE.au3> #include <InetConstants.au3> ;************FOR GUI*********** #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> ;**********FOR BUTTON ********** #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> ;**********FOR STRINGS ********** #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <String.au3> ;**********FOR COMBOBOX ********** #include <StringConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <GuiComboBox.au3> ;**********FOR FONTS ********** #include <FontConstants.au3> ;**********FOR GIF ANIMATION ********** #include <GIFAnimation.au3> ;**********FOR PROCESS ********** #include <Process.au3> #include <SendMessage.au3> #include <GDIPlus.au3> #include <WinAPIDiag.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode",1) Global Const $SC_DRAGMOVE = 0xF012 Global $hGUIAccountCreator Global $graphics_path = @ScriptDir & "\graphics" Global $fontSize_TextBody = 8.5, $fontName_TextBody = "", $fontWeight_TextBody = $FW_BOLD, $fontColor_TextBody = 0x5A2800 GUI_open_AccountCreator() Func GUI_open_AccountCreator() Global $hGUIAccountCreator = GUICreate("Tibia Account Creator - SubZero", 350, 400, -1, -1, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "GUI_Close_AccountCreator") GUICtrlCreatePic($graphics_path & "\WindowAccountCreator.gif", 0, 0, 350, 400) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) ;********* GUI CONTROLS (LABELS,INPUTS,COMBOBOXES) ********************************************************************** GUICtrlCreateLabel(" Create New Account", 25,47,103,14,$SS_CENTERIMAGE) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT) GUICtrlSetFont(-1,8,$fontWeight_TextBody,0,$fontName_TextBody,1) GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0xFFFFFF) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Account Name:",30,75,75,14) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT) GUICtrlSetFont(-1,8,$fontWeight_TextBody,0,$fontName_TextBody,1) GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0x5A2800) Global $inptBox_Acc = GUICtrlCreateInput("",130,75,150,20) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Email Adress:",30,100,70,14) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT) GUICtrlSetFont(-1,8,$fontWeight_TextBody,0,$fontName_TextBody,1) GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0x5A2800) Global $inptBox_Email = GUICtrlCreateInput("",130,100,150,20) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Password:",30,125,55,14) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT) GUICtrlSetFont(-1,8,$fontWeight_TextBody,0,$fontName_TextBody,1) GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0x5A2800) Global $inptBox_Passwd = GUICtrlCreateInput("",130,125,150,20,$ES_PASSWORD) GUICtrlSetData($inptBox_Passwd, "") GUICtrlCreateLabel("Character Name:",30,170,83,14) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT) GUICtrlSetFont(-1,8,$fontWeight_TextBody,0,$fontName_TextBody,1) GUICtrlSetColor(-1,0x5A2800) Global $inptBox_CharName = GUICtrlCreateInput("",130,170,150,20) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Sex:",30,195,23,14) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT) GUICtrlSetFont(-1,$fontSize_TextBody,$fontWeight_TextBody,0,$fontName_TextBody,1) GUICtrlSetFont(-1,8,$fontWeight_TextBody,0,$fontName_TextBody,1) GUICtrlSetColor(-1,$fontColor_TextBody) Global $comboBox_sex = GUICtrlCreateCombo("",130,195,150,20,$CBS_DROPDOWNLIST) ;LoadSexIntoComboBox() GUICtrlCreateLabel("World Location:",30,240,77) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT) GUICtrlSetFont(-1,$fontSize_TextBody,$fontWeight_TextBody,0,$fontName_TextBody,1) GUICtrlSetFont(-1,8,$fontWeight_TextBody,0,$fontName_TextBody,1) GUICtrlSetColor(-1,$fontColor_TextBody) Global $comboBox_world = GUICtrlCreateCombo("",130,240,150,20,BitOr($CBS_DROPDOWNLIST, $WS_VSCROLL)) ;LoadWorldsIntoComboBox() Global $label_status = GUICtrlCreateLabel("",20,360,200,30) GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, $GUI_BKCOLOR_TRANSPARENT) ;********* GUI CONTROLS (LABELS,INPUTS,COMBOBOXES) ********************************************************************** ;********* CONTROL PICS ********************************************************************** Global $btn_randAccName = GUICtrlCreatePic($graphics_path & "\Die_Static.gif", 280, 75, 26, 26) GUICtrlSetTip($btn_randAccName, "Generate a random account name") GUICtrlSetCursor($btn_randAccName,0) ;GUICtrlSetOnEvent($btn_randAccName,"GenerateRandomAccName") GUICtrlSetOnEvent($btn_randAccName,"GUIChangeImage") Global $btn_x = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 315, 5, 40, 36) GUICtrlSetTip($btn_x, "Close") GUICtrlSetCursor($btn_x,0) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($btn_x,"GUI_Close_AccountCreator") Global $btn_donate = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 112, 313, 126, 47) GUICtrlSetTip($btn_donate, "Donate") GUICtrlSetCursor($btn_donate,0) ;GUICtrlSetOnEvent($btn_donate,"Donate") ;********* CONTROL PICS ********************************************************************** ;********* GDI+ DRAW ********************************************************************** _GDIPlus_Startup() Local $hImg = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($graphics_path & "\X_Tic-Tac-Toe_Token.gif") Local $hHBMP = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImg) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($btn_x, 0x0172, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBMP)) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImg) Local $hImg = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($graphics_path & "\Die_Static.gif") Local $hHBMP = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImg) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($btn_randAccName, 0x0172, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBMP)) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImg) Local $hImg = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($graphics_path & "\btn_donateCC_LG.gif") Local $hHBMP = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImg) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($btn_donate, 0x0172, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBMP)) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImg) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() ;********* GDI+ DRAW ********************************************************************** _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUIAccountCreator, 0x26f50b) GUISetIcon(@ScriptDir & "\TibiaInfo.ico") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUIAccountCreator) WinSetOnTop($hGUIAccountCreator,"",1) GUIRegisterMsg($WM_LBUTTONDOWN, "_WM_LBUTTONDOWN") EndFunc Func GUIChangeImage() _GDIPlus_Startup() GUICtrlDelete($btn_randAccName) Local $btn_randAccName = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 280, 75, 26, 26) Local $hImg = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($graphics_path & "\Die_Frame2.gif") Local $hHBMP = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImg) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($btn_randAccName, 0x0172, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBMP)) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImg) _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUIAccountCreator, 0x26f50b) Sleep(100) GUICtrlDelete($btn_randAccName) Local $btn_randAccName = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 280, 75, 26, 26) Local $hImg = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($graphics_path & "\Die_Frame3.gif") Local $hHBMP = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImg) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($btn_randAccName, 0x0172, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBMP)) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImg) _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUIAccountCreator, 0x26f50b) Sleep(100) GUICtrlDelete($btn_randAccName) Local $btn_randAccName = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 280, 75, 26, 26) Local $hImg = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($graphics_path & "\Die_Frame4.gif") Local $hHBMP = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImg) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($btn_randAccName, 0x0172, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBMP)) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImg) _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUIAccountCreator, 0x26f50b) Sleep(100) GUICtrlDelete($btn_randAccName) Local $btn_randAccName = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 280, 75, 26, 26) Local $hImg = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($graphics_path & "\Die_Frame5.gif") Local $hHBMP = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImg) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($btn_randAccName, 0x0172, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBMP)) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImg) _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUIAccountCreator, 0x26f50b) Sleep(100) GUICtrlDelete($btn_randAccName) Local $btn_randAccName = GUICtrlCreatePic("", 280, 75, 26, 26) GUICtrlSetCursor($btn_randAccName,0) GUICtrlSetOnEvent($btn_randAccName,"GUIChangeImage") Local $hImg = _GDIPlus_ImageLoadFromFile($graphics_path & "\Die_Static.gif") Local $hHBMP = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hImg) _WinAPI_DeleteObject(GUICtrlSendMsg($btn_randAccName, 0x0172, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hHBMP)) _GDIPlus_ImageDispose($hImg) _WinAPI_SetLayeredWindowAttributes($hGUIAccountCreator, 0x26f50b) _GDIPlus_Shutdown() EndFunc Func GUI_Close_AccountCreator() Exit EndFunc Func _WM_LBUTTONDOWN($hWnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) _SendMessage($hGUIAccountCreator, $WM_SYSCOMMAND, $SC_DRAGMOVE, 0) EndFunc While 1 Sleep(10) WEnd  

• ur
      By ur
      I am maintaining all the reusable code in a separate file as library.au3.
      In that file I have referenced some dependent files using fileinstall, so that they will be extracted when necessary.

Problem is, if I use a function in the library.au3 in another script which doesn't require this dependent file, as I am including the whole file using include tag, it is embedding that file also.
      Is there any way to exclude that.

• GAM
      By GAM
      Am trying to execute perl script from autoit script but its not running. Th command that I have given is...
      $rootDir = automation Run("cmd.exe /" & "C:\" & $rootDir & "\updatesource.pl") Can someone help please!