PINTO1927

open excel and update pivot

50 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

hello guys, I'm doing one excel pivot connected to a mysql script to display it in a table array . I need you to open the excel file , the pivot is updated .

where do I fix it?

$excel = _Excel_Open(False)
 $foglio = "*** PATH ***"
 $lavoro = _Excel_BookOpen($excel, $foglio, Default, True, True)
 $risultato = _Excel_RangeRead($lavoro, Default, $lavoro.ActiveSheet.Usedrange.Columns("A:I"), 1)

Edited by PINTO1927

$lavoro.ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable1").PivotCache.Refresh

Set the name of the Pivot table accordingly.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Hi water,

The name of the pivot And this ?

despite the inclusion of the string the array table is not updated with the correct values

$excel = _Excel_Open(False)
                  $foglio = "*** PATH ***"
                  $lavoro = _Excel_BookOpen($excel, $foglio, Default, Default, 3)

$lavoro.ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Tabella__192.168.1.206_GAT_RETENTION_Sintetico_Giorgio").PivotCache.Refresh

$risultato = _Excel_RangeRead($lavoro, Default, $lavoro.ActiveSheet.Usedrange.Columns("A:I"), 1)

Immagine.png

I started the Excel macro recorder, updated the Pivot table, closed the macro recorder and checked what it had recorded.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

This:

Sub Update()
'
' Update Macro
'

'
    Selection.ListObject.QueryTable.Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
End Sub

Unfortunately this only refreshes the selected table. How many tables do you have on this worksheet?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

it is just a table structured in sql and loaded into Excel.

If you only want to update the worksheet ? or load the mysql query directly in the script ..

Edited by PINTO1927

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

I tried them all , but The worksheet is still not catch up to the moment of the opening array ..

$foglio = "*** PATH ***"
$lavoro = _Excel_BookOpen($excel, $foglio)
$excel.Application.Calculate
local $finale[UBound($risultato)][9]

for $1 = 0 to UBound($risultato) - 1
   $finale[$1][0] = $risultato[$1][0]
   $finale[$1][1] = $risultato[$1][1]
   $finale[$1][2] = $risultato[$1][2]
   $finale[$1][3] = $risultato[$1][3]
   $finale[$1][4] = $risultato[$1][4]
   $finale[$1][5] = $risultato[$1][5]
   $finale[$1][6] = $risultato[$1][6]
   $finale[$1][7] = $risultato[$1][7]
   $finale[$1][8] = $risultato[$1][8]
next
   _Excel_BookClose($lavoro, True)
   _Excel_Close($excel)
   $array = _ArrayDisplay($finale,*** TITLE ***,default, 32,default, default)

$excel.Application.Calculate

and

$excel.Worksheets(1).Calculate

This should refresh all pivot tables in the active worksheet of the opened workbook.

For $oPivotTable in $lavoro.ActiveSheet.PivotTables
    $oPivotTable.RefreshTable
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

$foglio = "*** PATH ***"

$oPivotTable.RefreshTable
Next

Still nothing .. mystery ..

Edited by PINTO1927

We need to add some error checking:

$foglio = "*** PATH ***"

$bRefreshed = $oPivotTable.RefreshTable
    If @error Then 
        ConsoleWrite("Pivot Table '" & $oPivotTable.Name & "' error on refresh: " & @error & @CRLF)
    Else
        ConsoleWrite("Pivot Table '" & $oPivotTable.Name & "' refreshed: " & $bRefreshed & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

I just noticed from your path specification that the Excel workbook seems to be on a Sharepoint server. The Excel UDF is untested in combination with sharepoint.
Can you copy the workbook to a local drive and run the script with the copy of the workbook?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

It is the file is present in a shared nas .

I tried anyway to copy the file to desktop, changed path in the script, but the array table does not update the file ...

carry the script full:
$foglio = "C:\Users\giorgio.pinto\Desktop\RETENTION.xls"

$bRefreshed = $oPivotTable.RefreshTable
If @error Then
ConsoleWrite("Pivot Table '" & $oPivotTable.Name & "' error on refresh: " & @error & @CRLF)
Else
ConsoleWrite("Pivot Table '" & $oPivotTable.Name & "' refreshed: " & $bRefreshed & @CRLF)
EndIf
Next

for $1 = 0 to UBound($risultato) - 1
$finale[$1][0] = $risultato[$1][0]
$finale[$1][1] = $risultato[$1][1]
$finale[$1][2] = $risultato[$1][2]
$finale[$1][3] = $risultato[$1][3]
$finale[$1][4] = $risultato[$1][4]
$finale[$1][5] = $risultato[$1][5]
$finale[$1][6] = $risultato[$1][6]
$finale[$1][7] = $risultato[$1][7]
$finale[$1][8] = $risultato[$1][8]
next
_Excel_BookClose($lavoro, True)
_Excel_Close($excel)
$array = _ArrayDisplay($finale,'TEST',default, 32,default, Default)

ConsoleWrite

does not return any result

Then there are no Pivot tables in the active sheet :(

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Which is?

the content present in the excel spreadsheet has a connection to external data in the spreadsheet has been imported a view created in mysql ... could this be the problem ?

excel in the table is also checked the item being open file , the table is updated ..

$foglio = "C:\Users\giorgio.pinto\Desktop\RETENTION.xls"

but when I do this: the data reported by the array are not updated ..

Seems we are not talking about Pivot tables but Query tables. So I think the code should look like:

For $oQueryTable in $lavoro.ActiveSheet.QueryTables
    $bRefreshed = $oQueryTable.Refresh
    If @error Then
        ConsoleWrite("Query Table '" & $oQueryTable.Name & "' error on refresh: " & @error & @CRLF)
    Else
        ConsoleWrite("Query Table '" & $oQueryTable.Name & "' refreshed: " & $bRefreshed & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Next

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki