kcvinu

How to make a newline in Word with COM

2 posts in this topic

Hi all (Especially @water)

I wonder how to do this task in word from autoit.

Assume that i pasted some text into word with this code.

Local $oWord = ObjGet("","Word.Application")
Local $wRangeObj = _Word_DocRangeSet($oWord, 0)

Local $data = ClipGet()                                     
$wRangeObj.Text = $data

$wRangeObj.Font.Bold = True

So far so good. Now, i need to enter a new line in word and turn the Font.Bold = False.  

Currently, i did it with activating the word window and Send() function. But i would like to do it with the help of COM object. How can i do that ? 

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2016-08-18 - Version 1.4.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2016-12-04 - Version 1.2.2.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I've coded the small script below, but it can't seem to get the instance of Windows Media player as it keeps going to @error, I've not used com objects before so any assistance would be appreciate. I already have WMP open and minimised. I retrieved "WMPlayerApp" from the AutoIT info tool, I've included a copy below.
      I'm using these sources:
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd564085.aspx
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd564018.aspx
      $oWMP = ObjGet("", "WMPlayerApp") If @error Then MsgBox(0, "Can't get WMP", "Couldn't connect to the WMP instance") Exit EndIf $wmpPlayState = $oWMP.playState MsgBox(0, "Play State", $wmpPlayState) $wmpSongName = $oWMP.currentMedia.name MsgBox(0, "Play State", $wmpSongName) I've also seen references to the below, but I want to get an existing open WMP:
      ObjCreate("wmplayer.OCX") and have looked at the WMP.udf but can't see how it will do either of the functions I've coded above.

• Duck
      By Duck
      I'm attempting to read each line of a word document and assign the line to a variable. Similarly to how you can read a line from a text file (.txt or .csv) using FileReadLine(). So far i have been unsuccessful in reading from a .doc/.docx file, nor have i found any documentation that has helped.

In searching for a solution i did find a function to convert the word doc to a text file, however my script is for (PCI) auditing purposes and i do not want to create a new file on the HDD.  I have also read through the _Word UDF help files... Unless im not understanding the _Word UDF correctly, I did not see anything that functions similarly to the FileReadLine function.
      Any help/advice is greatly appreciated!  

Here is what i have been attempting to do(doesn't work): 

#include <file.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <LuhnCheck.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <Word.au3> Global $sPath = 'C:\Users\' Global $filePath Global $pii = @ScriptDir & '\pii_CreditCard.csv' Global $filesArray = _FileListToArrayRec($sPath , '*.txt;*.csv;*.doc;*.docx;*.xls;*.xlsx',1,1,0,2) For $i = 1 to $filesArray[0] ;Loop through file extensions and add files to the fileArray ;Assign the position in the filesArray to filePath (filePath is set to full path in FileListToArrayRec) $filePath = $filesArray[$i] readFile($filePath) Next Func readFile($file) If StringInStr($file, '.txt') Or StringInStr($file, '.csv') Then ; .txt file readTxtFile($file) ElseIf StringInStr($file, '.doc') Then ; .doc & .docx files ;============================================== part that does not work========================= Local $oWord = _Word_Create() ;$openFile = FileOpen($file, 0); While 1 Local $line = FileReadLine(_Word_DocOpen($oWord, $file, Default, Default, True)) If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop ;lookForCreditCardNumbers($line) MsgBox(0,0, $line) WEnd FileClose($openFile) ;============================================== part that does not work========================== EndIf EndFunc Func readTxtFile($fileToOpen) $openFile = FileOpen($fileToOpen, 0); open file for reading and assing it to the openFile variable While 1 Local $line = FileReadLine($openFile) If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop lookForCreditCardNumbers($line) WEnd FileClose($openFile) EndFunc Func lookForCreditCardNumbers($evaluateString) $aResult = StringRegExp($evaluateString, '[4|5|3|6][0-9]{15}|[4|5|3|6][0-9]{3}[-| ][0-9]{4}[-| ][0-9]{4}[-| ][0-9]{4}', $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH) If Not @error Then Local $newString1 = StringReplace($aResult[0], ' ', '') ;remove spaces Local $newString2 = StringReplace($newString1, '-', '') ;remove dashes Local $bool = _LuhnValidate($newString2) ; Check possible CC number against the Luhn algorithm If $bool = 'True' Then Local $piiCSV = FileOpen($pii, 1) ;open text file for appending/writing, 1 FileWriteLine($piiCSV, $filePath & ', ' & $newString2) FileClose($piiCSV) EndIf EndIf EndFunc  
    • MrCheese
      By MrCheese
      Hi Guys,
      Firstly, thanks for your  help in the past.
      I have a new activity I need to accomplish.
      In summary:
      * need to read a cell in excel (containing a file name)
      * open the file name in word (as its a word document
      *copy the word document
      *paste the word document into the master document
      *read next cell in excel
      ... and repeat until you reach the bottom of the column.

I can read cells open workbooks etc.
      But as far as copying and pasting in word - where is the best place to start, and what functions should I be looking at. Or even if autoit is the right system to use?
      Thanks

• TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello, I found a VB snippet which I would love to use in AutoIt
      strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2") Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process") For Each objItem in colItems Wscript.Echo objItem.Name Wscript.Echo objItem.CommandLine Next Despite my best efforts, I am not able to understand a thing from that piece of code . All I know is that it outputs the Name and Commandline of all the processes currently running (Let's see if I am right).
      Can anyone help me with convert this into AutoIt? Thanks in Advance!
    • TheDcoder
      By TheDcoder
      Hello, I am trying to save an word document but it won't work , This is my REALLY simple script:
      #include <Word.au3> Global $oWord = _Word_Create(False, True) _Word_DocSaveAs($oWord) MsgBox(0, @error, @extended) And my MsgBox:

I know that its a COM error because @error is set 2... but what about the COM error code? I cannot find anything related to -2147352570!