kcvinu

How to make a newline in Word with COM

2 posts in this topic

Hi all (Especially @water)

I wonder how to do this task in word from autoit.

Assume that i pasted some text into word with this code.

Local $oWord = ObjGet("","Word.Application")
Local $wRangeObj = _Word_DocRangeSet($oWord, 0)

Local $data = ClipGet()                                     
$wRangeObj.Text = $data

$wRangeObj.Font.Bold = True

So far so good. Now, i need to enter a new line in word and turn the Font.Bold = False.  

Currently, i did it with activating the word window and Send() function. But i would like to do it with the help of COM object. How can i do that ? 

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2016-08-18 - Version 1.4.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2016-12-04 - Version 1.2.2.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• MrCheese
      Merge word documents
      By MrCheese
      Hi Guys,
      Firstly, thanks for your  help in the past.
      I have a new activity I need to accomplish.
      In summary:
      * need to read a cell in excel (containing a file name)
      * open the file name in word (as its a word document
      *copy the word document
      *paste the word document into the master document
      *read next cell in excel
      ... and repeat until you reach the bottom of the column.

I can read cells open workbooks etc.
      But as far as copying and pasting in word - where is the best place to start, and what functions should I be looking at. Or even if autoit is the right system to use?
      Thanks

• TheDcoder
      WMI Object Code conversion to AutoIt
      By TheDcoder
      Hello, I found a VB snippet which I would love to use in AutoIt
      strComputer = "." Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2") Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process") For Each objItem in colItems Wscript.Echo objItem.Name Wscript.Echo objItem.CommandLine Next Despite my best efforts, I am not able to understand a thing from that piece of code . All I know is that it outputs the Name and Commandline of all the processes currently running (Let's see if I am right).
      Can anyone help me with convert this into AutoIt? Thanks in Advance!
    • TheDcoder
      Cannot save word document - Strange/Unknown error
      By TheDcoder
      Hello, I am trying to save an word document but it won't work , This is my REALLY simple script:
      #include <Word.au3> Global $oWord = _Word_Create(False, True) _Word_DocSaveAs($oWord) MsgBox(0, @error, @extended) And my MsgBox:

I know that its a COM error because @error is set 2... but what about the COM error code? I cannot find anything related to -2147352570!
    • soloprt
      select com port and show what device is connected to it
      By soloprt
      hi  am new and i just started learning autoit
      am starting to do a little program that can help me in my work
      i dont know how to do it correctly : a combobox that shows what com port are connected to devices in the computer and when i choose a port and click on a button called info_port  i want that he desplay in $result the name of the device connected to the choosen com port.
      i want to use this file to help me : CommMG.au3
      thanks
      #include 'CommMG.au3' ;comm ports library Global $result = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 364, 135, 568, 595) Global $info_port = GUICtrlCreateButton("Info", 291, 85, 56, 25) Global $Port = GUICtrlCreateCombo("", 150, 85, 135, 24) $portlist = _CommListPorts(0) If Not @error = 1 Then For $pl = 1 To $portlist[0] GUICtrlSetData($Port, $portlist[$pl]) Next EndIf While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg  
      CommMG.au3
    • aiter
      word com error trapping possible bug in udf
      By aiter
      I am testing intercepting com errors in Word and I have found a possible bug in the UDF, it might not be a bug it just means a workaround.
      I have found the com error bug in _Word_Create
      Func _Word_Create($bVisible = Default, $bForceNew = Default) Local $oAppl, $bApplCloseOnQuit = False If $bVisible = Default Then $bVisible = True If $bForceNew = Default Then $bForceNew = False If Not $bForceNew Then $oAppl = ObjGet("", "Word.Application") <------- here is the line which causees com error This happens in the following example
      #include <Word.au3> main() func main() local $oErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "_ErrFunc") $oWord = _Word_Create() $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($oWord, @ScriptDir & "\Dear.docx", False, Default, True) $myrange = $oDoc.Range $myrange.Select sleep(3000) _Word_DocClose($oDoc) _Word_Quit($oWord) endfunc ; User's COM error function. Will be called if COM error occurs Func _ErrFunc($oError) ; Do anything here. ConsoleWrite(@ScriptName & " (" & $oError.scriptline & ") : ==> COM Error intercepted !" & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.number is: " & @TAB & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.number) & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.windescription:" & @TAB & $oError.windescription & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.description is: " & @TAB & $oError.description & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.source is: " & @TAB & @TAB & $oError.source & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.helpfile is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpfile & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.helpcontext is: " & @TAB & $oError.helpcontext & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.lastdllerror is: " & @TAB & $oError.lastdllerror & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.scriptline is: " & @TAB & $oError.scriptline & @CRLF & _ @TAB & "err.retcode is: " & @TAB & "0x" & Hex($oError.retcode) & @CRLF & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>_ErrFunc This script causes a com error to occur and it has the following error
      test.au3 (53) : ==> COM Error intercepted ! err.number is: 0x80020006 err.windescription: Unknown name. err.description is: err.source is: err.helpfile is: err.helpcontext is: err.lastdllerror is: 0 err.scriptline is: 53 err.retcode is: 0x00000000 Line 53 is
      If Not $bForceNew Then $oAppl = ObjGet("", "Word.Application") as I mentioned above.
      When I force a new instance of Word, no error occurs eg
      #include <Word.au3> main() func main() local $oErrorHandler = ObjEvent("AutoIt.Error", "_ErrFunc") $oWord = _Word_Create(True,True) $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($oWord, @ScriptDir & "\Dear.docx", False, Default, True) $myrange = $oDoc.Range $myrange.Select sleep(3000) _Word_DocClose($oDoc) _Word_Quit($oWord) endfunc So it seems that if I want to open up  existing Word instance (use _Word_Create() ) I will have to create my own _Word_Open to bypass this problem.
      (If Word is already open the problem will not occur)
      Comment?