[Solved]: @ScriptDir + space in parameter FileGetShortName not working

5 hours ago, Subz said:

Opt('ExpandVarStrings', 1)

is only needed when you have variables inside of a string. Which isn't the case here. So it is a question of quotes.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@water can you give me a short example? So that I can see the difference between Option 1 and 2 and what are the advantages/disadvantages of both?

I couldn't find some useful in the help file.

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Something like this:

Opt("ExpandVarStrings", 0)
Global $sResult = "Test"
MsgBox(0, "ExpandVarStrings = 0", "The value of variable $$sResult = $sResult$")

Opt("ExpandVarStrings", 1)
MsgBox(0, "ExpandVarStrings = 1", "The value of variable $$sResult = $sResult$")

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Iraj
      Hello Team, Greetings!
      Is there any way to run any 3rd party application silently in background without the GUI getting in the front ?
      I was implementing angry-ip scanner with autoit & wanted the angry-ip application to run in background quietly as I am copying its output to other file on completion. is there any way to achieve my query?
      Below is code I tried: 
      $range = "192.168.0.1 192.168.0.255" ShellExecuteWait("C:\Windows\DDM\ipscan.exe","-f:range "&$iprange&" -q -o C:\temp\ScanResults.csv","","open",@SW_HIDE) Thanks!
    • By Doniel
      Hi there! 😃
      I've 2 simple scripts:
      Script 1 starts script 2 Script 1 gets executed with normal user rights (un-elevated) Script 2 contains an #RequireAdmin and therefor can only start elevated I want to read the output of script 2 with script 1 AND have the UAC of script 2 being activated as fullscreen Script 1 (Scripts location is the same as script 2 that I'm running with Run()
      Local $iPID, $sOutput $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "C:\Entwicklung\Autoit\Test\Temp.exe", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 0x2) ProcessWaitClose($iPID) $sOutput = StdoutRead($iPID) StdioClose($iPID) ConsoleWrite($sOutput) MsgBox(1, 1, 1) Script 2 (compiled as Temp.exe)
      #RequireAdmin ConsoleWrite("Return") MsgBox(1,1,"ADMIN") Now my problems are the following:
      Without the #RequireAdmin I can read the output with no problem, but not with the #RequireAdmin ($sOutput is empty) Using @SW_HIDE in the Run() command makes the UAC always start minimized (see attached picture) and the admin has to always manually click on the icon to enter his credentials since the UAC doesn't start in fullscreen. Here and on a few other sites they explain that the program launching the elevated program NEEDS to be activated in order to directly show the UAC fullscreen and not minimized. Using @SW_SHOW would get rid of the problem, BUT that leaves me with an ugly cmd.exe floating the whole time while the elevated script ist running. And my questions to that I'm seeking an answer for are:
      Problem 1: Is it just not possible to read from an elevated program with an un-elevated user/script? I also get the Access Denied if I press No on the UAC as an Output in $sOutput (Guess since its's still un-elevated) Problem 2: Is there a way to either make the floating black and blank cmd.exe being moved to the background and be non visible to the user OR to somehow bring the minimized UAC to the foreground/fullscreen? What I already tried and what didn't help me:
      $iPID = Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & "C:\Entwicklung\Autoit\Test\Temp.exe", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE, 0x2) While Not WinExists("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung") ConsoleWrite(1) WEnd WinActivate("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung") WinSetState("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung", WinGetText("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung"), @SW_SHOW) WinSetState("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung", WinGetText("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung"), @SW_MAXIMIZE) WinSetState("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung", WinGetText("Temp.exe erfordert Ihre Berechtigung"), @SW_ENABLE) The While-Loops helps a lot and also stops after a second or so (► Stops to write ones (1)). That means that the actual "window" of the UAC is found, but all the WinXXX functions don't do anything and the UAC stays minimized. I also tried to minimized/move the cmd.exe to the background with WinActivate() and WinSetState() with no success.
      $iPID = ShellExecute("C:\Entwicklung\Autoit\Test\Temp.exe", "", @ScriptDir, "open", @SW_HIDE) Using ShellExecute() instead of Run() completely solves the UAC to fullscreen problem BUT I haven't found a consistent way to read the output of ShellExecute(). Neither here on the forum nor somewhere else. If I'd be possible to read the output from ShellExecute() then all my problems would be solved at once!
      Also tried a few more things and playing with some parameters but everything with no success.
      I'd really love some help and support here from you.
      Thanks in advance!

• By chenni037
      I need to save the execution result as a text file. Is there any solution?
      ShellExecute ( "filename" [, "parameters" [, "workingdir" [, "verb" [, showflag]]]] )    if  parameters have " > " can't Execute correctly, 
      Example 1:
      ShellExecute("diskspd.exe", "-b128K  -c64M f:\estfile.dat > test123.txt", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)  ;Error
      ShellExecute("diskspd.exe", "-b128K  -c64M f:\estfile.dat", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)                         ;OK
      Example 2:
      ShellExecute("help", "dir > helpdir.txt", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)  ;Error
      ShellExecute("help", "dir", "", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE)                         ;OK
      T1.au3
    • By ambad4u
      Hello and Good Day to All!
      I am trying to install .NET 3.5 on Windows 10 x64bit via autoit (via ShellExecuteWait + PowerShell).
      If I run this line, it will runs without issues:
      ShellExecuteWait('PowerShell.exe', '-executionpolicy Bypass -File "' & @ScriptDir & '\OJP83BU523.ps1' & '"') "OJP83BU523.ps1" contains: DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName:NetFX3 /All /Source:D:\Sources\sxs /LimitAccess
      However, since I won't know in advance the drive letter of the "sources" folder, I created a script to generate a PowerShell Script to give a correct path for it.
      With the modified script below, PowerShell only blinks and nothing happens
      ShellExecuteWait('PowerShell.exe', '-executionpolicy Bypass -File "' & @ScriptDir & '\' & $filename & '"') or
      ShellExecuteWait('PowerShell.exe', '-executionpolicy Bypass -File "' & $filename & '"')  
      I wish I know the difference with "$filename" and "\OJP83BU523.ps1" usage, as for me, it should be the same.
      Attached is my entire autoit script.
      any help is appreciated!, many thanks in advance!
      test.au3
    • By rudi
      Hello,

I found a couple of threads asking quite similar questions, but without finding a "straight" solution to Access the internal phone storage as well as the plugged in SD-Card.

While the SD Card is quite an easy Job (shutdown phone, remove SD, plug into some Card Reader, Access it using a drive letter), the internal storage isn't accessible this way.

Of course I *CAN* Access all the (regular visible) Content, when connected to a Windows box.

But this way I cannot estimate, where all the space was eaten up. So I'd like to know, how to address the "root" Folder of the internal storage of my Android Phone to get it's subfolders and files. Going through the whole Folder tree recursively isn't my Problem, it's just howto address the very first Folder and then to read all files (with sizes) and names of the subfolders.

Regards, Rudi.