FrancescoDiMuro

Convert a string into 2D Array

19 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Good evening :)
I was looking around the forum if I could find a function that allows to convert a string into a 2 dimensional array...
The first column of the array is always the same, but the rows could change...
I have a pattern like:

Column A|Column B
Static Text 1|Data 1
Static Text 2|Data 2
Static Text 3|Data 3
Static Text 4|Data 4

Where, Static Text (1...4) will be always the same, and I don't want to change them... But, Data 1...4 are dynamic fields... So, I could have the pattern above AND I coould have the pattern I'm going to show you right below :)

Column A|Column B
Static Text 1|Data 1
Static Text 2|Data 2
Static Text 3|Data 3
Static Text 4|Data 4
Static Text 1|Data 5
Static Text 2|Data 6
Static Text 3|Data 7
Static Text 4|Data 8

How can I do in this case?

Thanks for everyone's help :)

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

#2 ·  Posted

That should be easy enough to accomplish.  One question I have is: where, and in what format, does the data come in (text file, string at a time, etc.)?  The clearer the requirements, the less re-work will be needed to shape the code to fit the data input.

#3 ·  Posted

Hi @spudw2k:)
Thanks for asking.
The string comes from a For...In Loop, and it's in the string format...
So I do something like this:

For $oElement In $oQuery
    $sStringToArray &= $oElement.SomeData1 & _
                       $oElement.SomeData2 & _
                       $oElement.SomeDataN
Next

And the, I use StringSplit() to obtain the array...

Thanks for your help! :) 

Spoiler

By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Ok, so is the following produced after StringSplit?

Column A|Column B
Static Text 1|Data 1
Static Text 2|Data 2
Static Text 3|Data 3
Static Text 4|Data 4
So this ^ is already a single dimension array?

I am curious, what does the string look like before you perform the StringSplit, particularly what delimiter are you using?  Just trying to get a clear picture.

Edited by spudw2k

#5 ·  Posted

Here is one fairly simple solution.

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>  ;$STR_NOCOUNT Const
#include <Array.au3>            ;_Array* Functions

Local $aArray[]=["Column A|Column B","Static Text 1|Data 1","Static Text 2|Data 2","Static Text 3|Data 3","Static Text 4|Data 4"]   ;Demo array to mimic dataset
_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "Starting Dataset")      ;Dataset look correct?

Local $a2DArr = StringSplit($aArray[0],"|",$STR_NOCOUNT)    ;Create new Array with first row of dataset above (Header)
_ArrayTranspose($a2DArr)    ;Convert to 2D array

For $iX = 1 To UBound($aArray)-1        ;Fill 2D Array
    _ArrayAdd($a2DArr,$aArray[$iX])
Next

_ArrayDisplay($a2DArr, "Populated 2D array")        ;Display filled 2D array

#6 ·  Posted

Just out of curiosity, why not move the logic up a level and use _ArrayAdd, like so:

;instead of
For $oElement In $oQuery
                       $oElement.SomeData2 & _
                       $oElement.SomeDataN
Next
StringSplit...
etc...

;Define your array ahead of time, then populate it through your For Loop
For $oElement In $oQuery
    _ArrayAdd($myArray, $oElement.SomeData1 & "|" & $oElement.SomeData2 & "|" & $oElement.SomeDataN
Next

1 person likes this

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

#9 ·  Posted

can you show a couple of legit values? 

What are you splitting on?  There is no pipe or CR added during the loop you provided just somedataX smashed together for ubound number of times.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

#10 ·  Posted

@Luigi My first shot was like yours, but I opted to avoid using _ArrayDelete for the first (empty) row.  Doing some quick perf comparrisons, it doesn't seem to have major impact.  Good stuff.

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

#include <array.au3>

local $aArray[0][2]

local $oQuery = ["Static Text 1" , "Data 1" , "Static Text 2" , "Data 2" , "Static Text 3" , "Data 3" ,"Static Text 4" , "Data 4"]

$flag = ""
$i = 0

For $oElement In $oQuery
    If $flag = 0 Then
        _ArrayAdd($aArray , $oQuery[$i]  , 0)
        $flag = 1
        $i+=1
        Else
        $aArray[ubound($aArray) - 1][1]=$oQuery[$i]
        $flag = 0
        $i+=1
    EndIf
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aArray)

I ask because it seems you could do it in the loop, if the return is any kind of reliable format.  I don't have a nice object example but the above array example should accurately reflect the thought

Edited by iamtheky
1 person likes this

#12 ·  Posted

@iamtheky I didn't know you could declare an array like that ($aArray[0][2]), pretty cool.

@Luigi That ^ would eliminate the need for the _ArrayDelete

#13 ·  Posted (edited)

#include <array.au3>

Local $aArray[0][2]

Local $oQuery = ["Static Text 1", "Data 1", "Static Text 2", "Data 2", "Static Text 3", "Data 3", "Static Text 4", "Data 4", "IMPAR(ODD)"]

Local $iSize = UBound($oQuery, 1) - 1
If Not Mod($iSize, 2) Then
    _ArrayAdd($oQuery, "")
    $iSize += 1
EndIf

For $ii = 0 To $iSize Step 2
    _ArrayAdd($aArray, $oQuery[$ii] & "|" & $oQuery[$ii + 1], "|")
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aArray)

Edited by Luigi

Visit my repository

#14 ·  Posted

you need the additional conditions if using a For..In Loop, or you will blow the bounds

#15 ·  Posted (edited)

35 minutes ago, iamtheky said:

local $aArray[0][2]

I did not know this was possible ! WOW!

I learned one more  today.
Edited by Luigi

Visit my repository

#16 ·  Posted

4 minutes ago, iamtheky said:

you need the additional conditions if using a For..In Loop, or you will blow the bounds

I thinking about this... if the size is multiple of 2, I believe have no problem... But, if not... There is a problem.

Visit my repository

#17 ·  Posted

Good evening guys :) Thanks everyone for the replies... Sorry for my late and not deyailed answer, but,natm, I'm sick ( a bad cold with some fever ), and with no Internet connection, so, thanks and sorry! As soon as I get better, I'll try to reply to you guys :) Again, a big thank you, and have a good day :)

Francesco :)

Spoiler

#18 ·  Posted

On 14/4/2017 at 6:55 PM, JLogan3o13 said:

Just out of curiosity, why not move the logic up a level and use _ArrayAdd, like so:

;instead of
For $oElement In $oQuery
                       $oElement.SomeData2 & _
                       $oElement.SomeDataN
Next
StringSplit...
etc...

;Define your array ahead of time, then populate it through your For Loop
For $oElement In $oQuery
    _ArrayAdd($myArray, $oElement.SomeData1 & "|" & $oElement.SomeData2 & "|" & $oElement.SomeDataN
Next

Good evening @JLogan3o13!
In this case, how can I have a 2D array? Should I do something like this? :)

For $oElement In $oQuery
    _ArrayAdd($myArray, $sHeaderRow1 & "|" & $oElement.SomeData1 & @CRLF & _
                        $sHeaderRow2 & "|" & $oElement.SomeData2 & @CRLF & _
                        $sHeaderRowN & "|" & $oElement.SomeDataN
Next

Thank you :) 

Spoiler

#19 ·  Posted

6 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

Should I do something like this? 

Why are you putting a carriage return in your elements? Have you tried it yourself, to determine if it comes out as you would expect?

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• czardas
      By czardas
      Haven't had much time to code recently. However the following thread inspired me.
      The debate about linear, parallel and binary search methods was rather interesting and, in an attempt to be diplomatic, I decided to combine @jchd's suggestion with @LarsJ's binary search example. I decided that the binary search algorithm required modification to make it more linear. As usual, 'if you invent something, it probably already exists and if it already exists, it exists for a reason'. My first attempt was not all that good. The code worked but was really a mess. I blame peer pressure (to post an example of a parallel search method).  I will delete that old code in due course.
      With a little memory jogging and a glance at the help file, the solution turned out to be quite easy: I just needed a better understanding of Euler. Further modification will be needed to work with more complicated unicode strings. The output could be returned as an array or a delimitered string. I'm not so interested in those details. I'm just going to post the algorithm for now and anyone, who wants to, can modify it to suit their needs. Both arrays must contain at least 1 element.
      Local $aFoo = [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,19,20,23,24,26,30,35,39,40,41] Local $aBar = [0,1,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,17,18,19,21,24,25,26,27,34,35,38,40] ParallelExponetialSearch($aFoo, $aBar) ; Compares two lists - returning positive matches. Each input array must be unique (individually) and in alphabetical order. Func ParallelExponetialSearch($aFoo, $aBar) Local $sFind, _ $iMin_F = -1, $iMax_F = UBound($aFoo) -1, $Lo_F = $iMin_F, $Hi_F, _ $iMin_B = -1, $iMax_B = UBound($aBar) -1, $Lo_B = $iMin_B, $Hi_B While $iMin_F < $iMax_F And $iMin_B < $iMax_B ; Toggle Arrays - Which array has most untested elements? This is the one we want to search next, ; so we can bypass more comparisons because (in theory) mismatches have a greater chance of being skipped. If $iMax_F - $iMin_F >= $iMax_B - $iMin_B Then ; $aFoo has more (or an equal number of) untested elements $Hi_F = $iMax_F $iMin_B += 1 $sFind = $aBar[$iMin_B] While $Lo_F < $Hi_F ; search $aFoo For $i = 0 To Floor(Log($Hi_F - $Lo_F) / Log(2)) $Lo_F = $iMin_F + 2^$i If $aFoo[$Lo_F] = $sFind Then $iMin_F = $Lo_F ; each match should be added to the output [perhaps an array] ConsoleWrite($sFind & " found at $aFoo[" & $Lo_F & "] = $aBar[" & $iMin_B & "]" & @LF) ExitLoop 2 ElseIf $aFoo[$Lo_F] > $sFind Then $Hi_F = $Lo_F -1 $iMin_F += Floor(2^($i -1)) $Lo_F = $iMin_F ContinueLoop 2 EndIf Next $iMin_F = $Lo_F ; minimum increment is one WEnd Else ; $aBar has more untested elements $Hi_B = $iMax_B $iMin_F += 1 $sFind = $aFoo[$iMin_F] While $Lo_B < $Hi_B ; search $aBar For $i = 0 To Floor(Log($Hi_B - $Lo_B) / Log(2)) $Lo_B = $iMin_B + 2^$i If $aBar[$Lo_B] = $sFind Then $iMin_B = $Lo_B ; each match should be added to the output [perhaps an array] ConsoleWrite($sFind & " found at $aFoo[" & $iMin_F & "] = $aBar[" & $Lo_B & "]" & @LF) ExitLoop 2 ElseIf $aBar[$Lo_B] > $sFind Then $Hi_B = $Lo_B -1 $iMin_B += Floor(2^($i -1)) $Lo_B = $iMin_B ContinueLoop 2 EndIf Next $iMin_B = $Lo_B ; minimum increment is one WEnd EndIf WEnd EndFunc ;==> ParallelExponetialSearch I hope this will be useful to someone. I believe it deserved a thread of its own!
    • cheeroke
      By cheeroke
      Hi all,
      I got this code and would like to be able to change Baud Rate and instead of sending character by character i would like to be able (if possible) to send whole string. But i don't know how to change it.
      I am taking input from file and processing whole line (this is done in FilesHandling.au3).
      To execute this i am just calling SendData("FileName", int) in "main" script.
      Any help very appreciated.
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include "FilesHandling.au3" ;init DLL function, we need handle to call the function $h = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "CreateFile", "str", "\\.\COM19", "int", BitOR($GENERIC_READ,$GENERIC_WRITE), "int", 0, "ptr", 0, "int", $OPEN_EXISTING, "int", $FILE_ATTRIBUTE_NORMAL, "int", 0) $handle=$h[0] Func SendData($FileName, $LineNumber) ;string to be send $c = readFile($FileName, $LineNumber) $cLenght = StringLen($c) $aArray = StringSplit($c, "") ;_ArrayDisplay($aArray, "", Default, 64) For $i = 1 To $cLenght writeChar($handle, $aArray[$i], $cLenght) Next ;move to next line writeChar($handle, @CR,1) EndFunc ;write a single char func writeChar($handle,$c,) $stString = DLLStructCreate("char str") $lpNumberOfBytesWritten = 0 DllStructSetData($stString, 1, $c) $res = _WinAPI_WriteFile($handle, DllStructGetPtr($stString, "str"), 1,$lpNumberOfBytesWritten) if ($res<>true) then ConsoleWrite ( _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage() & @LF) EndIf EndFunc  
    • RC86
      By RC86
      Afternoon!
      I have a requirement to return both a string and an array from a function so as a result I put them both into an array and returned that.  I can access them in their entirety after returning them but then I can't seem to access the array elements after this.  Should I be able to or is there a prettier way?
      #include <Array.au3> ;Memory info returned as a string and an array $memoryInfo = _getMemoryInfo() msgbox(0,"Memory Info",$memoryInfo[0]) _ArrayDisplay($memoryInfo[1],"Memory as an Array") Local $newArray[7] $memoryInfo[1] = $newArray msgbox(0,"Test element",$newArray[0]) _ArrayDisplay($newArray) Func _getMemoryInfo() Local $newArray[7] Local $array = MemGetStats() $newArray[0] = $array[0] ;% of memory in use $newArray[1] = Round($array[1]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total physical RAM $newArray[2] = Round($array[2]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Availaible physical RAM $newArray[3] = Round($array[3]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total pagefile $newArray[4] = Round($array[4]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available pagefile $newArray[5] = Round($array[5]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Total virtual $newArray[6] = Round($array[6]/1024 * 0.001,2) ;Available virtual $memoryUsage = $newArray[1] - $newarray[2] $pagefileUsage = $newArray[3] - $newarray[4] ;Output/Return Local $returnArray[2] $returnArray[0] = "Memory: " & $memoryUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[1] & " GB " & @CRLF & "Pagefile: " & $pagefileUsage & " GB/" & $newArray[3] & " GB " $returnArray[1] = $newArray return $returnArray EndFunc A bit messy but hopefully it's understandable what I'm trying to achieve.
      Thanks!
    • FroVN
      By FroVN
      Hi, i have a problem :" can't set the name of file with a special character like: \;/;";|;...  have anyway to short the StringInSrt and Stringreplace? i am using this code but too long
      $title=InputBox(0,'','','')
         if StringInStr($title,'\') or StringInStr($title,'/') or StringInStr($title,':') or StringInStr($title,'*') or StringInStr($title,'?') or StringInStr($title,'"') or StringInStr($title,'<') or StringInStr($title,'>') or StringInStr($title,'|') Then
             $title=StringReplace($title,'\','-')
              $title=StringReplace($title,'/','-')
               $title=StringReplace($title,':','-')
                $title=StringReplace($title,'*','-')
                 $title=StringReplace($title,'?','-')
                  $title=StringReplace($title,'"','-')
                   $title=StringReplace($title,'<','-')
                    $title=StringReplace($title,'>','-')
                     $title=StringReplace($title,'|','-')
         EndIf

• Jibberish
      By Jibberish
      I am having difficulties getting updated results from GUICtrlCreateInput. I wrote a small script to demonstrate what I am trying to do.
      This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file.
      The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay.
      Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future
      plumbing.
      The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot
      figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed.
      ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; This script reads a text file into an array and displays the Name and Number from the text file. ; The user can check a name and change the number, and the results are displayed in _ArrayDisplay. ; Only the Checked names are displayed in their original position. This is necessary for future ; plumbing. ; ; The problem with this script is the original number is returned, not the changed number. I cannot ; figure out how to get the updated number to be displayed. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ #include-once #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <array.au3> #include <Date.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> Local $iMax = 6 ;Default number of Videos - 1 for the array counter Dim $aTextFile[$iMax][2] ; [start with 5 entries][Name, Number] Don't get confused! [Row][Column] Local $i = 0 Local $iLeft = 30 Local $iTop = 30 Local $sName Local $sNumber Local $aArray Local $iMaxCol = 5 Local $iRow = 0 Local $iCol = 0 Local $aNumberCount[$iMaxCol][2] $aArray1 = ReadFile() $aNamesNumbers = DisplayNames($aArray1) _ArrayDisplay($aNamesNumbers) ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; ReadFile() places the contents of the NameNumber.txt file in an array ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Func ReadFile() Local $sFileData = @ScriptDir & "\NameNumber.txt" Local $iStrReturn = 0 Local $aArrayFile Local $aTextFile[$iMaxCol][2] Local $aName Local $sCheckBox1 Const $iL = 10 ; Count from Left for GUI so all buttons line up Local $sFill Local $iA = 0, $iN = 0 ; Put the Names into an Array _FileReadToArray($sFileData, $aArrayFile) For $iA = 0 To $aArrayFile[0] ; Step through the array looking for Names If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Name:") Then $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":") $sFill = $aName[2] If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol] EndIf $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill $iRow += 1 EndIf Next $iCol = 1 $iRow = 0 $sFill = "" For $iA = 1 To $aArrayFile[0] ; Step through the array looking for Numbers If StringInStr($aArrayFile[$iA], "Number:") Then $aName = StringSplit($aArrayFile[$iA],":") $sFill = $aName[2] If UBound($aTextFile) <= $iRow Then ; Resize the array when $iRow is equal to the element count in the array to prevent subscript error ReDim $aTextFile[UBound($aTextFile) + 1][$iMaxCol] EndIf $aTextFile[$iRow][$iCol] = $sFill $iRow += 1 EndIf Next Return $aTextFile EndFunc ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display the Name and Number ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Func DisplayNames($aArray1) Local $aName[$iMax] Local $aNumbers[$iMax] $iMMCount = UBound($aArray1) $iMMCount -=1 Local $iWidth = 300 Local $iLength = 300;$iMMCount * 30 GUISetFont(12) $hGUI = GUICreate("Edit / Update Number Test", $iWidth, $iLength, -1, -1) GUICtrlCreateLabel(" Name Number",1,5) ;$iTop += 30 ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display Name with a Checkbox. Only Checked Names should be saved. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1 $sNameText = $aArray1[$i][0] $iNameLength = StringLen($sNameText) $aName[$i] = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox($sNameText,$iLeft, $iTop) $iTop += 30 Next ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Display the number from the text file below each name. Allow the user to change the number and display the ; new number. ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ $iLeft = 60 GUIStartGroup() $iTop = 28 For $i = 0 to $iMMCount Step 1 $sNumberText = $aArray1[$i][1] $aNumberCount[$i][1] = $sNumberText $aNumberCount[$i][0] = GUICtrlCreateInput($sNumberText,$iLeft, $iTop, 50,18, $GUI_DOCKAUTO) GUICtrlSetPos($aNumberCount[$i][0],200) $iTop += 30 Next ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ; ; Read the checked names and (possibly updated) number ; ;~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ $iMMCount = UBound($aNumberCount) $iMMNewCount = $iMMCount - 1 Local $aGUICheckbox[$iMMCount] Local $aCheckedNameNumber[$iMMCount][2] $iLeft = 30 Local $idCloseGUI = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close",$iLeft, $iTop) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $idCloseGUI For $i = 0 To $iMMNewCount Step 1 Switch GUICtrlRead($aName[$i]) Case $GUI_CHECKED $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] = $aArray1[$i][0] Case $GUI_UNCHECKED EndSwitch Switch GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0]) Case $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][1]) EndSwitch Next ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd For $i = 0 to $iMMNewCount step 1 GUICtrlRead($aNumberCount[$i][0]) If $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][0] <> "" Then $aCheckedNameNumber[$i][1] = $aNumberCount[$i][1] EndIf Next GUIDelete($hGUI) Return $aCheckedNameNumber EndFunc This is the text file I am reading. If you want to try this out put the NameNumber.txt file in your script directory. It's attached to the post.
      * This is a dummy file with a Name and Number * The only purpose of this file is to read the updated Number. Name:Taggart Number:916 Name:Mongo Number:90 Name:Hedley Lamarr Number:22 Name:Bart Number:9999 Name:The Waco Kid Number:2244 If I change the number, the original number is displayed at the end, not the updated/modified number. I need the modified number to be displayed.
      Thanks in advance for any assistance!
      Jibberish
      NameNumber.txt