buymeapc

Listview Item Without Icon Shows Empty Space

buymeapc

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a listview with subitem icons and I achieved this by simply rearranging the order of the columns, so that the first column is in the middle, thus appearing as a subitem with an icon - this method prevents the "icon clipping" that happens when using subitem icons in a listview. My issue is that when I select a row that does not have an icon, the space where the icon would be is white. Is there a way to make this transparent, so it looks like the entire row is selected?

Here's an example - click the second listview item/row to see a blank space where the icon would be.

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GuiImageList.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $hGui, $listview, $hImage
    Local $iLV_EXStyle_NoChecks = BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES, $LVS_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER, $LVS_EX_HEADERDRAGDROP)

$hGui = GUICreate("Listview Test With Icons", 400, 300)
    $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Col 1|Col 2|Col 3", 2, 2, 394, 268, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $LVS_SHAREIMAGELISTS))
    _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($listview, $iLV_EXStyle_NoChecks)
    GUISetState()

; Create the image list
    $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(16, 16, 5, 3)
    _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 165)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($listview, $hImage, 1)

; Set the order so the first column is moved to the middle,
    ; acting like a subitem with an icon
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnOrder($listview, "1|0|2")

; Add the items
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item1|Item2|Item3", $listview)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item4|Item5|Item6", $listview)

; Set an icon for just the first item
    _GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($listview, 0, 0)

Do
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>_Main

Earthshine

snip. don't know. your requirements seem weird to me. why can't everyone have an icon? even just a '-' character?

I see no clipping in the example that you got your code from in the Help file

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

buymeapc

It's going to be a list of applications which will have a column for updates that are available. If there's an update available, it shows a 'new' icon with the new version. If no update is necessary, it's just an empty subitem. And if an item with no updates available is selected, it just looks weird with this white square in the subitem. I was hoping there was some trick to make it blend in.

I've attached an image where I've selected the item without an icon and it shows the 'placeholder' where an icon would be as a white square - it just looks weird to me.

2018-01-19_10-09-17.png

Earthshine

I kind of like it, like a tree node. but I hope you can make it transparent. good luck. there are other gui and color wizards around here than me for that.

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

careca

didnt try but, maybe set background color for that item as blue when selected?

I placed a white icon and it looks like this

screenshot - 20012018-1835.jpg

Edited by careca

Spoiler

Paster - Main function is to paste text, but has more functions. (No longer mantained, switched to String Trigger)

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Firefox Profile Backup - Backup/restore previously saved profile.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

mikell

You might use a dirty workaround... create a zero-width column 0 and set it at the last column position

#include <GuiConstantsEx.au3>
#include <GuiListView.au3>
#include <GuiImageList.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

_Main()

Func _Main()
    Local $hGui, $listview, $hImage
    Local $iLV_EXStyle_NoChecks = BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES, $LVS_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER, $LVS_EX_HEADERDRAGDROP)

$hGui = GUICreate("Listview Test With Icons", 400, 300)
    $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("|Col 1|Col 2|Col 3", 2, 2, 394, 268, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $LVS_SHAREIMAGELISTS))
    _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($listview, $iLV_EXStyle_NoChecks)
    GUISetState()

; Create the image list
    $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(16, 16, 5, 3)
    _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 165)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($listview, $hImage, 1)

; Set the order so the first column is moved to the end
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($listview, 0, 0)
    _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnOrder($listview, "1|2|3|0")

; Add the items
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("|Item1|Item2|Item3", $listview)
    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("|Item4|Item5|Item6", $listview)

; Set an icon for just the first item
    _GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($listview, 0, 0, 2)

Do
    Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
    GUIDelete()
EndFunc   ;==>_Main

• Like 2

buymeapc
On 1/21/2018 at 8:44 AM, mikell said:

You might use a dirty workaround... create a zero-width column 0 and set it at the last column position

Perfect idea!! This was exactly the look I was looking for. Thank you mikell!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• dimm
      By dimm
      Is it possible to compile script without any icon resources included?
      When I make exe it uses default system icon of current OS even if I compile as console application.
      On other versions of Windows it looks a little strange

Update:
      It seems that the only way is remove icons from exe after compilation using resource editors like ResHacker.

another bad solution:
      Using corrupted 35 bytes icon file. Windows can't load it and shows default system icon.
      #pragma compile(Icon, broken.ico) broken.ico
    • Broihon
      By Broihon
      Hey guys,

I ran into a problem when I wanted to delete items of a listview using the delete key. My approach is to register my own WndProc for the listview and then filter the $WM_GETDLGCODE msg and then call the original WndProc.
      That works like a charm. The problem is that when the listview gets redrawn it somehow ends up in an infinite loop. The listview is suddenly emtpy and I can't interact with any controls of the GUI at all. Here's the code:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GUIListView.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> $h_GUI = GUICreate("Test", 200, 200, 350, 350) $h_LV = GUICtrlCreateListView("Col 1|Col 2|Col 3", 0, 0, 200, 200) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 0, "bla0", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 1, "bla1", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 2, "bla2", 2) _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($h_LV, "") _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 0) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 1) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($h_LV, 3, "bla3", 2) $h_LV_NewWndProc = DllCallbackRegister("WndProc_LV", "int", "hwnd;uint;wparam;lparam") $g_LV_OldWndProc = _WinAPI_SetWindowLong(GUICtrlGetHandle($h_LV), $GWL_WNDPROC, DllCallbackGetPtr($h_LV_NewWndProc)) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Func WndProc_LV($hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) Return _WinAPI_CallWindowProc($g_LV_OldWndProc, $hWnd, $uMsg, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>WndProc_GUI Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE DllCallbackFree($h_LV_NewWndProc) As you can see I'm doing nothing in the WndProc of the listview. I'm simply calling the original WndProc. This still "freezes" when I mess with the width of the columns or in the original project when I add more items that they don't fit in the listview and I have to scroll. If I don't do that it's working fine.
    • c.haslam
      By c.haslam
      I have
      Local $idListview = GUICtrlCreateListView("",8,8,@DesktopWidth/2-16,@DesktopHeight-150,$LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, _ $LVS_EX_INFOTIP) Local $hListView = GUICtrlGetHandle($idListview) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 0, "Filename", 400) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 1, "Ext", 50) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 2, "Size",70) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 3, 'Date time',100) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 4, "Path", 385) _GUICtrlListView_InsertColumn($hListview, 5, "sizeInt", 0) _GUICtrlListView_JustifyColumn($hListview, $kSize,1) ; right align then further on
      While True $sFnamExt = FileFindNextFile($iSrch) If @error Then ExitLoop EndIf $sAtts = FileGetAttrib($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt) If StringInStr($sAtts,'D') Then If $sFnamExt<>'$RECYCLE.BIN' Then $sDirs &= '?'&$sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt EndIf Else $p = StringInStr($sFnamExt,'.',0,-1) ; last If $p=0 Then $sFnam = $sFnamExt $sExt = '' Else $sFnam = StringLeft($sFnamExt,$p-1) $sExt = StringTrimLeft($sFnamExt,$p) EndIf _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($hListview,$sFnam,-1,_GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hListview)+1000) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sExt,$kExt) $nSize = FileGetSize($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt) $sSize = AddThousandsSeparator($nsize) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sSize,$kSize) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$nsize,$kSizeInt) $nTotBytes += $nSize $a1 = FileGetTime($sPath&'\'&$sFnamExt,$FT_MODIFIED,$FT_ARRAY) $t = $a1[0]&'-'&$a1[1]&'-'&$a1[2]&' '&$a1[3]&':'&$a1[4] _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$t,$kDateTime) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($hListview,$nItem,$sPath,$kPath) If $gSQL Then $s = "Insert into tbl values ("&_SQLite_Escape($sFnam)&","&_SQLite_Escape($sExt)&",'"& _ $sSize&"','"& _ $t&"',"&_SQLite_Escape($sPath)&","&$nSize&")" _SQLite_Exec(-1,$s) If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf EndIf EndIf WEnd FileClose($iSrch) You will see that I heeded the advice in Help > _GUICtrlListView_AddItem: "As AutoIt uses the $iParam parameter to store the controlID of native-created ListView items, this value should be set sufficiently high for UDF-created items to avoid possible conflict with any existing controls - a starting value of 1000 is recommended."
      (It's unfortunate that the Example does not heed this advice. OK, it doesn't need to because there are no other controls, but still --- it would help neophytes if it did. Also to me _GUICtrlListView_AddItem is not native because it is a UDF. Confused?)
      My script then does a sort using SQLite, and updates the ListView:
      Local $hQuery Local $colNames = ['fnam','ext','nsize','dateTime','path','SizeInt'] Local $s = "Select * FROM tbl ORDER BY "&$colNames[$ncol]&';' _SQLite_Query(-1,$s, $hQuery) If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf Local $aRow[$kSizeInt+1] Local $iItem=-1 While _SQLite_FetchData($hQuery, $aRow, False, False) = $SQLITE_OK ; Read Out the next Row If @error Then MsgBox(0,@ScriptLineNumber,_SQLite_ErrMsg()) EndIf $iItem += 1 For $i = $kFnam To $kSizeInt _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($hListview,$aRow[$i],$iItem,$i,Default) Next WEnd This works, but I had earlier coded
      _GUICtrlListView_SetItem($hListview,$aRow[$i],$iItem,$i,Default,$iItem+1000) because the same advice is in the Help for this function.
      So my care in specifying $param back-fired! What am I not understanding?
      The only difference in what works is that the $param parameter is defaulted.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I am building a management for the company I work with, and I just imported a real amount of rows ( about 29000 ), in my SQLite DB.
      The thing I am not understanding, is the time that the script takes to build this amount of rows in the ListView.
      I didn't measure it, but I think it took 2 minutes or so to create each ListView item...
      It is normal that it takes so much time?
      What can I do to improve the creation of the items?

Here's the code I am using to query and to create ListView items...
      ; Articles ListView: Global $lvwArticles = GUICtrlCreateListView("ID|Fornitore|Codice|Descrizione|EU|Prezzo|Sconto Applicato|Note", 14, 87, 1507, 660, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_LISTVIEW,$LVS_SORTASCENDING,$LVS_SORTDESCENDING), BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_GRIDLINES,$LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT)) ; Query $strQuery = "SELECT * FROM ARTICOLI;" ; Query Execution _SQLite_GetTable2d($objDatabase, $strQuery, $arrResult, $intRows, $intColumns) If @error Then ; Error Handling Else ; Cleaning the ListView _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($lvwArticles) If @error Then ; Error Handling Else ; No records in the Table If UBound($arrResult) < 2 Then ; Error Handling Else _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($lvwArticles) For $intCounter = 1 To UBound($arrResult) - 1 $strListViewItem = $arrResult[$intCounter][0] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][1] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][2] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][3] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][4] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][5] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][6] & "|" & _ $arrResult[$intCounter][7] $objListViewItem = GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($strListViewItem, $lvwArticles) Next _GUICtrlListView_EndUpdate($lvwArticles) EndIf EndIf EndIf Thanks in advance

Best Regards.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      First, I want to apologize with you for the title not very clear, but I thought a little bit on which title to set at the thread, and this is the one that came in mind.
      Now, let me explain what I'm trying to understand.

I am making an application ( with n clients ), with an SQLite Database, which has a Main form, and n sub-forms... 
      Since these sub-forms are called several times, because they are used to add or update records to the Database, I put the code that generates the GUI of these sub-forms in Functions.
      There are two sub-forms which are "treated" as two main forms, since even them have n sub-forms, which perform various tasks.
      Where am I stucked?

For the Main form I created a Status Bar, in order to display messages ( add/delete/update/search results ), and it works perfectly with all the forms which don't have other sub-forms.
      For the two forms, which indeed have n sub-forms, I created two separated Status Bars, which are (re)created everytime I call the function that then displays the form.
      Practically, I can't set icons to these two Status Bars, and I don't know why.
      I'm really sorry that I don't feel clear enough, so, here you are an example of what I am saying.
      I recreated exactly what my script does:
      #include <GuiButton.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiStatusBar.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) Global $frmSubForm, _ $txtSubFormField, _ $sbSubFormStatusBar, _ $objSB_IconError = _WinAPI_LoadShell32Icon(109), _ $objSB_IconInformation = _WinAPI_LoadShell32Icon(277) #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $frmMainForm = GUICreate("Main Form", 300, 300, -1, -1) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "ExitApplication") $sbMainStatusBar = _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create($frmMainForm) $btnCreateSubForm = GUICtrlCreateButton("Create Sub Form", 105, 110, 75, 41, BitOR($BS_CENTER,$BS_VCENTER,$BS_MULTILINE)) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "GenerateSubForm") GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Arial") _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetSimple($sbMainStatusBar) _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($sbMainStatusBar, "") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $frmMainForm) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Func ExitApplication() Exit EndFunc Func GenerateSubForm() #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form= $frmSubForm = GUICreate("Sub-Form", 300, 300, -1, -1, -1, -1, $frmMainForm) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "DeleteSubForm") $txtSubFormField = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 0, 0, 100, 20) $btnCheckSubFormField = GUICtrlCreateButton("Check Field", 105, 110, 75, 41, BitOR($BS_CENTER,$BS_VCENTER,$BS_MULTILINE)) GUICtrlSetOnEvent(-1, "CheckSubFormField") GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "Arial") $sbSubFormStatusBar = _GUICtrlStatusBar_Create($frmSubForm) _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetSimple($sbSubFormStatusBar) _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($sbSubFormStatusBar, "") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $frmSubForm) GUISetState(@SW_DISABLE, $frmMainForm) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### EndFunc Func DeleteSubForm() ; Declared Globally => $frmSubForm GUIDelete($frmSubForm) GUISetState(@SW_ENABLE, $frmMainForm) EndFunc Func WriteToStatusBar($sbStatusBar, $objSB_Icon, $strText) _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetIcon($sbStatusBar, 0, $objSB_Icon) _GUICtrlStatusBar_SetText($sbStatusBar, $strText) ConsoleWrite("Icon Handle: " & $objSB_Icon & @CRLF) EndFunc Func CheckSubFormField() ; Declared Globally => $txtSubFormField If GUICtrlRead($txtSubFormField) = "" Then ; Declared Globally => $sbStatusBar WriteToStatusBar($sbSubFormStatusBar, $objSB_IconError, "Field NOK.") Else WriteToStatusBar($sbSubFormStatusBar, $objSB_IconInformation, "Field OK.") EndIf EndFunc The text is set, but icon is not.
      Could someone please tell me why?
      Thanks everyone in advance  

Best Regards.