Dequality

Need help IE automation.

Dequality
Posted (edited)

I don't really have any code cuz whatever i try it doesnt work -.- 

Can anyone please make me a sample i can study? <,< i need to make a simple script to open explorer click some objects on the site , rinse repeat.. a example with autoit' website is just fine i just need to study it.. the i can't seem to find any yt video on this.. '-_-

And yes i tried looking at the manual .. but i dont get anything from it <.<'

Any help highly appreciatet <3 

Edited by Dequality

Dequality
ERROR CODE

--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Warning from function _IEGetObjByName, $_IESTATUS_NoMatch (Name: Activity, Index: 0)
--> IE.au3 T3.0-2 Error from function _IEAction(click), $_IESTATUS_InvalidDataType
#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/", 0, 1, 1, 0)
Sleep(5000)
$Activity = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "Activity")

_IEAction($Activity, "click")

FrancescoDiMuro
26 minutes ago, Dequality said:

Can anyone please make me a sample i can study?

There are quite a tons on the forums and on the Help file, where you should start looking at from.

The console is telling you exactly what your script is doing, so, you don't need any help from anyone.

Just understand what you have done.

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

Thoughts:

• I will always thank you for the time you spent for me.
    I'm here to ask, and from your response, I'd like to learn.
    By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Dequality
Just now, FrancescoDiMuro said:

There are quite a tons on the forums and on the Help file, where you should start looking at from.

The console is telling you exactly what your script is doing, so, you don't need any help from anyone.

Just understand what you have done.

Well.. ty i guess? :blink:

TheXman

Assuming that your snippet of code was trying to click the "Activity" tab below:

image.png.1352956374d028bab3d2d343319a1899.png

If you look at the actual HTLM source for that link, it looks like:

<a href="https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/discover/unread/" data-navitem-id="2">Activity</a>

As you can see, that tag does not have a "name" attribute equal to "Activity" (name="Activity").  As a matter of fact, no tag on that page has an attribute with name="Activity".  That is why you got the NoMatch error.

What it appears you were trying to do was to click the link whose text was "Activity".  If so, then you want something similar to:

#include <IE.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.autoitscript.com/forum")

_IELinkClickByText($oIE, "Activity")

If you were not trying to click that link, maybe a better explanation of what you were trying to do would help.

As FrancescoDiMuro said, the help file and forum are full of examples.  Spending some time looking thru the _IE* functions and their examples in the Help file, as well as the IE_Example example and trying to understand what is going on in those examples, should give you a solid foundation upon which to build upon.  If you actually spent time looking thru them, as you said, and got nothing from it, I doubt that you would get anything more from any additional examples that anyone else could provide.

Nine

Well, it may sound obvious for those who spent hundreds of hours scripting a specific UDF.  But I understand the one who is starting and facing with  this incredible amount of information.  Been there too.  So thanks for @TheXman to give a clear explanation of the mechanics behind it.

• Thanks 1

Dequality
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, TheXman said:

Assuming that your snippet of code was trying to click the "Activity" tab below:

image.png.1352956374d028bab3d2d343319a1899.png

If you look at the actual HTLM source for that link, it looks like:

<a href="https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/discover/unread/" data-navitem-id="2">Activity</a>

As you can see, that tag does not have a "name" attribute equal to "Activity" (name="Activity").  As a matter of fact, no tag on that page has an attribute with name="Activity".  That is why you got the NoMatch error.

What it appears you were trying to do was to click the link whose text was "Activity".  If so, then you want something similar to:

#include <IE.au3>

Local $oIE = _IECreate("https://www.autoitscript.com/forum")

If you were not trying to click that link, maybe a better explanation of what you were trying to do would help.

As FrancescoDiMuro said, the help file and forum are full of examples.  Spending some time looking thru the _IE* functions and their examples in the Help file, as well as the IE_Example example and trying to understand what is going on in those examples, should give you a solid foundation upon which to build upon.  If you actually spent time looking thru them, as you said, and got nothing from it, I doubt that you would get anything more from any additional examples that anyone else could provide.

I wan't to be able to find a button by _IEObjGetById/Name seems like its more reliable? :think: but ty a lot for the explanation! will try it out right now :)!

#include <IE.au3>

$oIE = _IECreate("https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/", 0, 1, 1, 0)
Sleep(5000)

I tried this now, no error but still didnt click anything? :think: 

Edited by Dequality

FrancescoDiMuro
1 hour ago, Dequality said:

I tried this now, no error but still didnt click anything?

To say that, you should check for an error, and you do it with

If @error Then
    ConsoleWrite("Error calling FunctionName. Error: " & @error & @CRLF)
Else
    ; Do something
EndIf

Spoiler

Thoughts:

By my knowledge, I can help someone else, and "that someone" could help in turn another, and so on.

/*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Dequality
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

To say that, you should check for an error, and you do it with

If @error Then
    ConsoleWrite("Error calling FunctionName. Error: " & @error & @CRLF)
Else
    ; Do something
EndIf

Think i fixed it, it's working properly now but i have to hit a button which is written in java is that possible? :think: 

<a href="javascript:void(0);" onclick="return('0', '427', 'autotrainer', '', '', '', '525251', '', '', '', '30', '');"><strong>btn</strong> <br><small><i>30 </i></small></a>

this is the text i get when i right click > inspect the element :think: 

Edited by Dequality

Nine
11 hours ago, Dequality said:

I tried this now, no error but still didnt click anything?

Was trying to see if I had the same problem as you.  And Yes I had. So after few hours of testing I finally found that there is 2 "Activity" links and it's the second link that works.

Dequality
On 04/01/2019 at 5:25 PM, Nine said:

Was trying to see if I had the same problem as you.  And Yes I had. So after few hours of testing I finally found that there is 2 "Activity" links and it's the second link that works.

How did you find the second one? 

Nine
5 hours ago, Dequality said:

How did you find the second one? 

$collection = _IELinkGetCollection ($oIE)

$c = 0
for $obj in $collection
  If not $obj.id Then ContinueLoop
  $c += 1
  $arr[$c][0] = $obj.name
  $arr[$c][1] = $obj.id
  $arr[$c][2] = $obj.innerText
  $arr[$c][3] = $obj.outerText
Next

_ArrayDisplay ($arr)

FrancescoDiMuro
Posted (edited)

@Nine
Shouldn't you set $c+=1 before the Next command?

Spoiler
#include <Array.au3>

Global $intRow = 0, _
       $arrSomeArray[10][1]

For $i = 0 To 9 Step 1
    $arrSomeArray[$intRow][0] = $intRow
    $intRow += 1
Next

_ArrayDisplay($arrSomeArray)

In this way, you have one row that is not filled :)

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

Thoughts:

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Nine
5 minutes ago, FrancescoDiMuro said:

@Nine
Shouldn't you set $c+=1 before the Next command?

Reveal hidden contents
#include <Array.au3>

Global $intRow = 0, _
       $arrSomeArray[10][1]

For $i = 0 To 9 Step 1
    $arrSomeArray[$intRow][0] = $intRow
    $intRow += 1
Next

_ArrayDisplay($arrSomeArray)

In this way, you have one row that is not filled :)

yes i know but it is only a debugging tool, I thought you would have known that :huh2:

FrancescoDiMuro

@Nine
Yeah, sure 
:)

Spoiler

Thoughts:

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ: