Resources UDF

Zedna

bgn256, you should probably open up a separate thread for this question in the general help section of the forum.  However, look at the soundplay function.  You can already use an optional wait parameter (1) to finish playing the sound before moving on to the rest of your script.

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

• 2 weeks later...

For this to work in AutoIt v3.3.10.0 and above, delete everything at the top of the script and add this...

#include-once
#include <APIConstants.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>
#include <GDIPlus.au3>
#include <Memory.au3>

_GDIPlus_Startup()

#cs
    Global Const $RT_CURSOR = 1
    Global Const $RT_BITMAP = 2
    Global Const $RT_ICON = 3
    Global Const $RT_MENU = 4
    Global Const $RT_DIALOG = 5
    Global Const $RT_STRING = 6
    Global Const $RT_FONTDIR = 7
    Global Const $RT_FONT = 8
    Global Const $RT_ACCELERATOR = 9
    Global Const $RT_RCDATA = 10
    Global Const $RT_MESSAGETABLE = 11
    Global Const $RT_GROUP_CURSOR = 12
    Global Const $RT_GROUP_ICON = 14
    Global Const $RT_VERSION = 16
    Global Const $RT_DLGINCLUDE = 17
    Global Const $RT_PLUGPLAY = 19
    Global Const $RT_VXD = 20
    Global Const $RT_ANICURSOR = 21
    Global Const $RT_ANIICON = 22
    Global Const $RT_HTML = 23
    Global Const $RT_MANIFEST = 24

Global Const $SND_RESOURCE = 0x00040004
    Global Const $SND_SYNC = 0x0
    Global Const $SND_ASYNC = 0x1
    Global Const $SND_MEMORY = 0x4
    Global Const $SND_LOOP = 0x8
    Global Const $SND_NOSTOP = 0x10
    Global Const $SND_NOWAIT = 0x2000
    Global Const $SND_PURGE = 0x40
#ce

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Excellent UDF and very helpful to keep everything in one neat little .exe package.

I thought I'd (try to) modify it to make the image resize to the control size, so that you wouldn't have to find the exact sized picture or manually convert each image to the control size.  I thought it'd be easy but I spent a frustrating few hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

The original code near the end of "_SetBitmapToCtrl" (line 270-281):

; set SS_BITMAP/BS_BITMAP style to the control
    $Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hWnd, $GWL_STYLE)
    If @error Then Return SetError(4, 0, 0)
    _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hWnd, $GWL_STYLE, BitOR($Style, $iCtrl_BITMAP))
    If @error Then Return SetError(5, 0, 0)

; set image to the control
    $hPrev  = _SendMessage($hWnd, $iCtrl_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hBitmap)
    If @error Then Return SetError(6, 0, 0)
    If $hPrev Then _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hPrev)

Return 1

I added some code to resize the image to match the control size just before the "_SendMessage" command:

$Style = _WinAPI_GetWindowLong($hWnd, $GWL_STYLE)
    If @error Then Return SetError(4, 0, 0)
    _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hWnd, $GWL_STYLE, BitOR($Style, $iCtrl_BITMAP))
    If @error Then Return SetError(5, 0, 0)

If $bResize = True Then
        Local $hBitmap_copy = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateFromHBITMAP($hBitmap)
        Local $ctrl_details = ControlGetPos("", "", $CtrlId) ; Get dimensions of Control
        If @error <> 1 and $ctrl_details[2] >=1 and $ctrl_details[3] >= 1 Then
            Local $hBitmap_Scaled = _GDIPlus_ImageResize($hBitmap_copy, $ctrl_details[2], $ctrl_details[3]) ;Resize image to Control Dimensions
            $hBitmap = _GDIPlus_BitmapCreateHBITMAPFromBitmap($hBitmap_Scaled) ; Put resized image into $hBitmap variable.
            _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap_Scaled)
        EndIf
        _GDIPlus_BitmapDispose($hBitmap_copy)
    EndIf

; set image to the control
    $hPrev  = _SendMessage($hWnd, $iCtrl_SETIMAGE, $IMAGE_BITMAP, $hBitmap_Scaled) ; use scaled image instead of original.
    If @error Then Return SetError(6, 0, 0)
    If $hPrev Then _WinAPI_DeleteObject($hPrev)

Return 1

You'll need a way of turning on the $bResize variable (since this was a one-off piece of code for a specific application, I just hardcoded it - however adding it to the argument list to make it more generic shouldn't be difficult).

I also don't know if any of those functions can error in such a way to corrupt the data or break the script, but it worked in my (virtually non-existent) testing.  If someone smarter than me would like to tell me what I've missed, I would also appreciate it.

This was the first time I've tried anything with GDI+, so please forgive any heinous mistakes.

Cheers.

Somewhere on the forum (maybe in this topic) was mentioned this kind of problem with resizing of images in AutoIt's picture control and as far as I can roughly remember there was also some clever solution using some control's style applied to picture control so it was doing resizing of image to size of picture control correctly/automatically.

I can't remember neither exact solution nor exact topic/post so try to search this topic/forum ...

Edited by Zedna

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Zedna,

First thanks for this UDF.

I have try to use it as previously (3.3.8) but now for 3.3.10.2 ... Even using the Guinness modification still having problem to compile.

; On the script begining
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=D:\Users\xxx\Pictures\xxxLogo.jpg, rt_rcdata, xxx_Logo
; Then using on my script
_ResourceSetImageToCtrl($ZZ_Logo, "xxx_Logo")
; result on the scite (3.3.7) compilation
...>Updating Program Version information. ...>Setting Program Compatibility Manifest information to Windows7 UpdateResources other: $result[0] = 0 - LastError:1359:Une erreur interne s’est produite. ...>Updating Program Manifest information. UpdateResources other: $result[0] = 0 - LastError:1359:Une erreur interne s’est produite. ...>Adding / Removing 1 resource(s). !>15:42:53 Error: EndUpdateResource: Returncode = 0 - LastError:1359:Une erreur interne s’est produite.rc:2 !>15:42:53 Error: Program Resource updating Failed. The output program will not contain the Resource updates!rc:2 +>15:42:58 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.. 

Did you have a prevision for the 'new' release, mean compliant with new 3.3.10.2 AutoIt release.

In advance thank you for your help.

Bye

Edited by the_krys

UpdateResources other: $result[0] = 0 - LastError:1359

This is not related to my resources UDF.

It's bug of AutoIt3Wrapper which is (will be) fixed in next beta/release of Scite3AutoIt3 which is (will be) comming hopefully soon.

Checkout this page for fix

http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit-script-editor/downloads/

Edited by Zedna

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I need to do  what i want in the code below:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_File_Add=soundtest.wav, sound, SoundTest

#include <resources.au3>
HotKeySet("{ESC}","Exit")

_ResourcePlaySound("SoundTest",1)

Do
    ; [My other code that must to run in that loop] <====

Sleep(50)
Until $SoundStatus = <Not playing>  ; <==== Need a way how to do this

Func Exit()
    Exit
EndFunc

I would love to have an example how to do that.

Thanks!

Hi Zedna,

Thank's for the reply

This is not related to my resources UDF.

It's bug of AutoIt3Wrapper which is (will be) fixed in next beta/release of Scite3AutoIt3 which is (will be) comming hopefully soon.

You absolutely right after some try, i have comment the  #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_xxx  one by one.

The one giving me problem whas #AutoIt3Wrapper_res_Compatibility

Sorry for disturb :oops:

And thank's again.

Hi Zedna,

First of all thank you for the great Include.

I just thought I would check whether you were aware that there seems to be a problem introduced by AutoIt 3.3.10.2 which only occurs under Windows 2008 (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 2003, 2008R2, 2012 work fine). If the same script is compiled with AutoIt 3.3.8.1 it works fine on Windows 2008 as well.

The problem is that you get a AutoIt "subscript used on non-accessible variable" error which I've managed to trace back to "DllCall($ghGDIPDll,"int","GdipCreateBitmapFromStream", "ptr",$pStream, "ptr*",0)" not returning the expected array.

• Moderators

Sifor,

Have you tried with the latest Beta (v3.3.11.3)? :huh:

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• 1 month later...

An user reported me the same problem in my program. Tested with beta 3.3.11.4 and the issue is still there.  :ermm:

SFTPEx, AutoCompleteInput_DateTimeStandard(), _ImageWriteResize()_GUIGraduallyHide(): some AutoIt functions.

Lupo PenSuite: all-in-one and completely free selection of portable programs and games.

DropIt: a personal assistant to automatically manage your files.

ArcThemALL!: application to multi-archive your files and folders.

• Moderators

Lupo73,

There has been a fair bit of variable renaming within the GDI UDFs which caught me out too recently. It was done for completely understandable consistency reasons, but unless you realise it can cause a few problems with external UDFs - I will have to re-release a couple of mine as a result. ;)

Try replacing $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll and it should work. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

...and that's why you shouldn't by directly accessing Global variables directly. In actual fact the proper way would have been for GDIPlus to use getter and setter functions for the GDIPlus Dll handle, instead of a public variable. It was actually done in Crypt.au3 so no clue why GDIPlus didn't adopt the same approach?!

It would be wise for other developers to create a wrapper function around that GDI variable e.g.

Func GDIDLL()
    Return $ghGDIPDll
EndFunc

So then you only have one instance to change.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

• Moderators

guinness,

In principle I quite agree - but it is not always obvious that these internal variables will be accessed by others. In the 2 cases involving my UDFs I refer to the GDI DLL (which is how I knew the answer above so quickly) and an internal scrollbar array within the standard ScrollBar UDF. In neither case could the original UDF writers have foreseen that I would do so, so I think it a little unfair to blame them for not providing wrappers. ;)

M23

Spoiler

I think it a little unfair to blame them for not providing wrappers.

My post is more towards those developers who will report this as a bug/unreported script breaking change, to which I will redirect them to my post and close the ticket. Edited by guinness

UDF List:

• Moderators

Guinness,

I see the point you were making - and agree completely. Personally I plead not guilty - just the once each in my case. :D

M23

Spoiler

I know ;)

UDF List:

• 2 months later...

I agree it's time this UDF be updated for those of us who use the latest version of AutoIt. I am looking at improvements tonight and tomorrow.

Edited by guinness

UDF List: