Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ascend4nt

_WinGetAltTabWinList

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

_WinGetAltTabWinList

Since Authenticity was awesome enough to post how to get the Alt-Tab-able Windows, I decided to wrap it into a simple UDF that can be used just as WinList. The potential use is great. One person has already used the code to create a replacement Alt-Tab interface.

Simple example:

#include "_WinGetAltTabWinList.au3"
#include <Array.au3>
Local $aWindows=_WinGetAltTabWinList("","",True)
_ArrayDisplay($aWindows)

*UPDATES:11/30/2010:

• Fixed extended-style check to skip over certain windows that shouldn't be in the list, cleaned up and shortened code a bit.

Download the ZIP at my Site

Ascend4nt's AutoIT Code License agreement:

While I provide this source code freely, if you do use the code in your projects, all I ask is that:

• If you provide source, keep the header as I have put it, OR, if you expand it, then at least acknowledge me as the original author, and any other authors I credit
  • If the program is released, acknowledge me in your credits (it doesn't have to state which functions came from me, though again if the source is provided - see #1)
  • The source on it's own (as opposed to part of a project) can not be posted unless a link to the page(s) where the code were retrieved from is provided and a message stating that the latest updates will be available on the page(s) linked to.
  • Pieces of the code can however be discussed on the threads where Ascend4nt has posted the code without worrying about further linking.
Edited by Ascend4nt

*UPDATES:11/30/2010:

• Fixed extended-style check to skip over certain windows that shouldn't be in the list, cleaned up and shortened code a bit.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• AndyK70
      By AndyK70
      I'm trying to fill a ListView with all normal viewable windows to act with them.
      First I tried with WinList:
      Local $aWinList = WinList("[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)(.+)]") Local $aTmp, $iID ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aWinList) For $i = $aWinList[0][0] To 1 Step -1 ; going backwards not disturbing the index while cycling through and deleting some If StringStripWS( $aWinList[$i][0], 3) == "" Or _ Not BitAND(WinGetState($aWinList[$i][1]), $WIN_STATE_VISIBLE) Or _ BitAND(WinGetState($aWinList[$i][1]), $WIN_STATE_MINIMIZED ) Then _ArrayDelete($aWinList, $i) Else ; Window has a Title and is "visible" $aTmp = WinGetPos($aWinList[$i][1]) If $aTmp[0] < -1000 Or $aTmp[1] < -1000 Then ; Window is minimized or tray icon _ArrayDelete($aWinList, $i) EndIf EndIf Next $aWinList[0][0] = UBound($aWinList)-1 ; getting actual # of windows ; Each row is now [ID]=> [Title], [hWnd] But it keeps getting Windows which are definitely not there at least not visible:

Those windows "Rechner", "Einstellungen", "Netflix", "Microsoft Store", ... are not there!?! 
      It should list only the first three windows, which are real.
      I even tried it with _WinAPI_ UDF:
      $hWnd = _WinAPI_GetForegroundWindow() ; Add items _GUICtrlListView_BeginUpdate($idListview) If $hWnd <> 0 Then $iI = 0 Do If _WinAPI_IsWindow($hWnd) And _WinAPI_IsWindowVisible Then _GUICtrlListView_AddItem($idListview, WinGetTitle($hWnd)) _GUICtrlListView_AddSubItem($idListview, $iI, $hWnd, 1) $iI += 1 $hWnd = _WinAPI_GetWindow($hWnd, $GW_HWNDNEXT) EndIf Until $hWnd = 0 EndIf But it is the same...

How can i distinguish those invisible windows from normal ones?
      PS: I'm using Windows 10, maybe it is important to know?
    • AutoitMike
      By AutoitMike
      I am currently using Autoit's "WinList" function in an Autoit script, I fully understand it.
      Autoit provides a nice Library for Word VBA so that Some of Autoit's functions can be used within a MSWord VBA script, some of which I am using.
      I have a use for Autoit's "WinList" function which has been provided by AutoIt in their Library for MSWord VBA scripting. The WinList function Creates an array when run. MSWord VBA does not seem to allow this. To create an array in VBA you have to first DIM it, and this does not seem to work for the WinList function.
      For example:
      Dim AutoIt As New AutoItX3Lib.AutoItX3
      MyArray= Autoit(WinList)  produces an error, whether I dim the array or not. 
      It seems that AutoIt has provided a function for VBA that cant be used ??
      Can someone figure out a way to use WinList within Word VBA?
      Thanks

• cappy2112
      By cappy2112
      Hi,

It's been a while since I've used AutoIt, but I'm having fun with it again.
      I'm running on Windows 7 Pro, 64_bit. with AutoIt 3.3.14.2+ 

In my program, I've called Winlist(), so that I can get a list of all windows on the system.
      I then iterate through the titles, and attempt to copy the title & handle of Windows I'm specifically interested in.
      While this seems to be a very easy task, I'm having a strange problem copying the title & handle of the two windows that I'm interested in.
      In the For loop:
      For $i = 1 To $AllWindowsCount ConsoleWrite() displays the expected Title & handle, from the WindowsDupe array, so it appears that the copy from the $AllWindows array
      works as expected.
      However, when
      _ArrayDisplay($WindowsDupe) is called after the for loop, $WindowsDupe is empty.

I wasn't able to find any functions in the help file, for copying entire arrays or certain elements, so I thought I would just copy them manually, as seen in the for loop.
      What am I doing wrong with the WindowsDupe array?

Thanks

Thanks

My code is attached.
      ListWindows2.au3
    • JohnNash
      By JohnNash
      So the code I use is as follows:
      Local $InstancesList = WinList("[REGEXPTITLE:(?i)(.*Paint.*|.*WinAmp.*)]")
      And then if this number changes, I do something. But once in a while I SEE a new window paint being opened but nothing happens. 
      So I added logs and printed the InstancesList and saw it did not pick up the new paint. 
      Now I also added a WinList with Class to doublecheck, but still now and then it fails. So I was wondering if this is a known problem, and whether there are alternatives of workarounds.

• JohnNash
      By JohnNash
      Hi, I use winlist to count the amount of instances of a specific window (in combination with a reg expression). Over multiple runs, it seems that it fails 1 in a hundred times more or less.                                   Any idea how/why? And are there alternatives to use as a backup/check?