Report Help File Issues Here

BrewManNH

I will leave this with you Mat if you're contacting trancexx.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

The help file doesn't mention the fact that variable and function names are case insensitive. SomeFunc() is the same as SomefUnC() to AutoIt.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

The help file doesn't mention the fact that variable and function names are case insensitive. SomeFunc() is the same as SomefUnC() to AutoIt.

Done.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Really? I wonder at what point I learned that then.

Messing around with code perhaps. I can't seem to locate any mention of it. Can you? Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I did a search for case sensitive, insensitive and sensitive, all I found was some changelog entries that didn't deal with variables or functions.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I know of no mention that AutoIt language is case-insensitive.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I wonder if it was documented in AutoIt2 and I assumed (rightly) it carried over?

Nope, couldn't find it there either.

Edit: Wow, the syntax is totally different and usage. I will stick with v3.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

RegRead

Add a table

IniRead

Specify that returns a string data type

History of AutoIt and Developers (.TOC)

AutoIt and Developer History (Title)

_ArrayDisplay

$sheader

_GUICtrlComboBox_ReplaceEditSel

; Limit text in edit box

_GUICtrlComboBox_ReplaceEditSel($hCombo, "New Edit Text")

_GUICtrlComboBox_ShowDropDown

; show drop down

_GUICtrlComboBox_ShowDropDown($hCombo)

hide

_GUICtrlComboBox_AddString, etc.

; Add files

_GUICtrlComboBox_AddDir($hCombo, "", $DDL_DRIVES, False)

_GUICtrlComboBox_SetCueBanner

GUICreate("ComboBox Get Count", 400, 296)

Edited by AZJIO

I will look at your changes in the next couple of days, unless another MVP (most notably Mat) decides to edit in between then.

Edit: And AZJIO, try to be more specific please in the future e.g. are these in the include files, help section (.txt) or the examples?

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

I did have a look at the first point:

RegRead

Add a table

For REG_DWORD: The internal variable type is a double (as returned by VarGetType), but data is truncated to an integer when writing as REG_DWORD so the result can't be a double. "Int64, 32 bits" is just going to confuse people so I'm going to change the REG_DWORD return type to just be "A 32 bit integer". I agree that a table is a better way to display this information though.

I can't seem to see what REG_EXPAND_SZ does.

#include <Constants.au3>

RegWrite("HKCU\Test", "test1", "REG_SZ", "%PATH%")
RegWrite("HKCU\Test", "test2", "REG_EXPAND_SZ", "%PATH%")

$vVal = RegRead("HKCU\Test", "test1")
$vVal2 = RegRead("HKCU\Test", "test2")

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, Default, "SZ: " & @TAB & @TAB & $vVal & @CRLF & "EXPAND_SZ: " & @TAB & $vVal2)

RegDelete("HKCU\Test")

Guinness, while I remember, could you please make sure any new examples you write don't have side effects on the system? For instance the RegWrite example leaves keys and values in the registry, it should have some RegDelete calls at the end to tidy up (I'll fix that when I add the table).

Same goes for any File* functions. I seem to remember FileCopy copying the entire user directory somewhere else on the hard drive. That's a pretty extreme case, but there are probably others that leave mess behind.

Edited by Mat

Those functions you mentioned I haven't touched yet, also look at the changes I made to the File functions a couple of days ago (not FileCopy/Move yet) and you will see this is what I've been doing. Same for the Win functions where Notepad wasn't being closed.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

If someone does have the urge to re-write the GUI examples, then this is the structure I'm looking for.

GUICreate:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Create a GUI with various controls.
    Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Example1")
    Local $iOK = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 310, 370, 85, 25)

; Display the GUI.
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $iOK
                ExitLoop

EndSwitch
    WEnd

; Delete the previous GUI and all controls.
    GUIDelete($hGUI)
EndFunc   ;==>Example

GUICtrlCreateButton:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

Example()

Func Example()
    ; Create a GUI with various controls.
    Local $hGUI = GUICreate("Example", 300, 200)

; Create a button control.
    Local $iNotepad = GUICtrlCreateButton("Run Notepad", 120, 170, 85, 25)
    Local $iClose = GUICtrlCreateButton("Close", 210, 170, 85, 25)

; Display the GUI.
    GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hGUI)

Local $iPID = 0
    While 1
        Switch GUIGetMsg()
            Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, $iClose
                ExitLoop

Case $iNotepad
                ; Run Notepad with the window maximized.
                $iPID = Run("notepad.exe", "", @SW_SHOWMAXIMIZED)

EndSwitch
    WEnd

; Delete the previous GUI and all controls.
    GUIDelete($hGUI)

; Close the Notepad process using the PID returned by Run.
    If $iPID Then ProcessClose($iPID)
EndFunc   ;==>Example
Edited by guinness

UDF List: