Sign in to follow this  
Athos

Reading from a webpage

Athos

Hi Guys, I'm trying to find a way to collect data from a webpage using IE.

I already know about _IEBodyReadText($oIE) but the problem is, I just want a specific instance of that text without getting all of it.

What I want to be able to do, is to read that text line by line, and when I find a specific string on the line I want, I want to be able to print out that entire line.

The problem for me is that It _IEBodyReadText formats the text into one big string, so I would have to use split string to accomplish this task. The problem with that is, there are no lines, so I don't know how I would write something like,

if substring=Cluster read untill you reach .com, and let that be the substring....

Should I tackle this problem that way, or should I find a way to get the substring I want from the HTML itself?

Thanks,

Athos

zorphnog

Do you have an example of the html and the text that you want? There are other _IE functions that can return specific elements of the DOM, but without knowing the specifics it is hard to recommend a solution.

Athos

Sure thing. This is from the html source (note I modded it again to protect the data)

<tr><td>&amp;nbsp;</td><td><font class="f-body">This is the body of text taht I want to avoid </font></td></tr>

<tr><td>&amp;nbsp;</td><td>

<font class="f-navbar">Cluster Host = </font><font class='f-body'>

something.com</font>

I want to get Cluster host and the something.com in 1 string. That or just the something.com would be good.

Edited by Athos

water

Use function_IETableWriteToArray to retrieve the content of the table. You then can loop through the array and search for your data.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Athos

Thanks so much water! _IETable was great, because from the array, I could just specify the column and row I wanted. :D

Edited by Athos

water

Glad to be of service :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I'd like to replace 'COMMA' with ',' for example:
      $myString = "COMMA" StringRegExpReplace($myString, 'COMMA', ',') Now I've tried escaping the ',' in various ways unsuccessfully, such as:
      '[,]'
      "[,]"
      '\,'
      [,] seems to work in the pattern, I just can't figure out how to use it in the replace, and it seems everyone online is only interested in removing/replacing commas lol.
      I also tried creating and using a variable as the replacement but also didn't work:
      $myComma = "," $myString = "COMMA" StringRegExpReplace($myString, 'COMMA', $myComma) I'm sure it's super simple if someone could point me in the right direction - thanks.
      By 31290
      Hi everyone, hope you are doing fine
      Well, I'm currently writing a small script that goes to a certain web page, finds the first link of a specified section and download the file associated to this link.
      Depending on the computer that the tool is launched, the script gets the computer model and search in the (provided here) ini file which link to follow.
      At first, Dell was kind enough to provide only one link but now, they provide two of them. The first one is now a .txt file (  ) whereas my script has been designed to download only the fist and latest link released for the BIOS Update.

Here's the current code which is working with only the first and latest link of the BIOS category:
      So the question is: 
      In the case of double links like shown in the picture above, how it is possible to tell the script to download only the link containing an the .exe file?
      Of course, I could have changed the array result to [1] instead of [0] [which is working] but it seems that Dell does that randomly and that I deal with a lot of computer models.
      Thanks for the help you can provide, 
      -31290-

SEE_BIOS_LINKS.ini
    • kartune
      By kartune
      Hello, I am getting this error message when running my script:
      Case $aButiD[0] To $aButiD[$iTotButtons - 1]
      Case ^ ERROR
      Error:  Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

The script's purpose is to read my ini file and create buttons for the sections and section contents.
      The first part of the script creates buttons for the sections of the ini, once you click on the section button it should open another set of buttons of all the contents under the section
      In this case, the section in the .ini file is called "TPA"
      on the Func flavorco()
      It opens the contents of "TPA" into buttons.
      Right now, the section it is reading is determined by $sSection.
      It is only when I try to change $sSection = "TPA"
      to
      $sSection = $flavorco
      that the error starts to appear

Here is the script
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> $optbar = IniReadSectionNames("test.ini") If Not IsArray($optbar) Then Exit Local $Button[UBound($optbar) - 1] $mGUI = GUICreate('Restock Flavor Ingredients', 10 + (130 * UBound($optbar)), 100) For $x = 1 To UBound($optbar) - 1 $var = IniReadSection("test.ini", $optbar[$x]) If @error Then ContinueLoop $X_Coord = 10 + (($x - 1) * 100) $Button[$x - 1] = GUICtrlCreateButton($optbar[$x], $X_Coord, 30, 70, 30) Next GUISetState() While 1 $mMsg = GUIGetMsg() If $mMsg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then GUIDelete($mGUI) ExitLoop EndIf For $i = 0 To UBound($Button) - 1 If $mMsg = $Button[$i] Then MsgBox(0, '$Msg = ' & $mMsg, GuiCtrlRead($Button[$i]) & ' Pressed', 2) Global $flavorco = $Button ; sets the flavor company's variable Call('flavorco') EndIf Next WEnd Func flavorco() ;opened flavor company's flavors MsgBox(0, '$Msg = ' & $mMsg, GuiCtrlRead($Button[$i]) & $flavorco, 0) Local $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "\Test.ini" Local $sSection = $Button Local $aArray = IniReadSection($sFilePath, $sSection) _ArrayDelete($aArray, 0) ;_ArrayDisplay($aArray) Local $iIndex Local $iTotButtons = UBound($aArray) Local $iNumPerRow = 5 Local $iButWidth = 100 Local $iButDepth = 30 Local $aButiD[$iTotButtons] Local $hGUI = GUICreate('Ingredients Stock "' & $sFilePath & '"', 10 + ($iButWidth + 10) * $iNumPerRow, _ 10 + Ceiling($iTotButtons / $iNumPerRow) * ($iButDepth + 10), -1, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) For $i = 0 To $iTotButtons - 1 ; $x = $iXBorder + (($iRectWidth + $iSpacing) * Mod($i, $iNumCols)) $x = 10 + (($iButWidth + 10) * Mod($i, $iNumPerRow)) ; $y = $iYBorder + (($iRectDepth + $iSpacing) * Int($i / $iNumCols)) $y = 10 + (($iButDepth + 10) * Int($i / $iNumPerRow)) $aButiD[$i] = GUICtrlCreateButton($aArray[$i][0], $x, $y, $iButWidth, $iButDepth) ;, $BS_NOTIFY) Next GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $msg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $msg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete($hGUI) ExitLoop Case $aButiD[0] To $aButiD[$iTotButtons - 1] ;clicking on a flavor name $iIndex = ($msg - $aButiD[0]) $RSINGRflavor = $aArray[$iIndex][0] ;flavor name $RSINGRml = $aArray[$iIndex][1] ; ml $RSINGRgal = $aArray[$iIndex][1]*0.000264172 ;converts ml to gal Call('openflavor') EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc Func openflavor() #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=F:\Karl\AutoIt\FJ-Stock JP\GUI Forms\RSINGRSUBFORM.kxf ;opens flavor to view stock and restock submit $RSINGRSUBFORM = GUICreate($sSection & " " & $RSINGRflavor, 242, 213, 530, 269) $RSINGRFlavorTitle = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sSection & " " & $RSINGRflavor, 32, 8, 200, 28) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 16, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $RSINGRstockcaption = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Current Stock in ml:", 16, 48, 96, 17) $RSINGRstockml = GUICtrlCreateLabel($RSINGRml, 120, 48, 114, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") $RSINGRInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("ml", 40, 112, 153, 21) $RSINGRSUBMIT = GUICtrlCreateButton("SUBMIT", 16, 152, 81, 33) $RSINGRCLOSE = GUICtrlCreateButton("CLOSE", 145, 151, 81, 33) $RSINGRgalcaption = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Current Stock in gal:", 16, 80, 97, 17) $RSINGRstockgal = GUICtrlCreateLabel($RSINGRGAL, 120, 80, 114, 25) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) #EndRegion ### END Koda GUI section ### ; $msg = "" While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete($RSINGRSUBFORM) ExitLoop Case $RSINGRCLOSE GUIDelete($RSINGRSUBFORM) ExitLoop EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc  
      Any help is much appreciated!  Thanks.
      My guess is that $Button isn't an actual string??  Whenever I use msgbox it shows up the string exactly, no numbers attached.  So i'm not sure whats going on here.
    • Robdog1955
      By Robdog1955
      I'm trying to click a button on a web page. I have added a couple of MsgBox lines to allow me to watch what happens on the page. As you can see the first half of my script enters data into text boxes on the page. I have no problem there. I just cannot click on the region buttons. The "set focus" line causes an outline to appear around the EU button and the "click button" line causes the "Pick a Region" text to disappear. Here is the code I have so far.
      #include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate("http://questchecker.com/") Local $iQuestID = "123456" Local $sCharacterName = "CharacterName" Local $colForms = _IEFormGetCollection($oIE) $iCount = 0 For $oForm In $colForms $oFormElements = _IEFormElementGetCollection($oForm) For $oFormElement In $oFormElements $iCount = $iCount + 1 Local $sTagName = StringLower($oFormElement.tagName) Local $sElementType = $oFormElement.type Local $sElementName = $oFormElement.name Switch $iCount Case 6 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, "MyRealm", 0) ; realm Case 7 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, $sCharacterName, 0) Case 8 _IEFormElementSetValue($oFormElement, $iQuestID, 0) EndSwitch Next Next Local $oButtons = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "questForm") For $oButton In $oButtons If _IEFormElementGetValue($oButton) = "US" Then MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to set focus") _IEAction($oButton, "focus") MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to click button") _IEAction($oButton, "click") ExitLoop EndIf Next MsgBox(0, "", "Click Okay to quit") _IEQuit($oIE) Exit  
    • XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      Hello again,
      I'm trying to use the FileMove function to rename a bunch of text files.
      Some of the files have "_1" at the end of their name, for example, "File123_1.txt". I want to remove the "_1" so it would become "File123.txt".
      What I currently have...
              FileMove($sSource & "\*_1.txt", $sDestination & "\*.txt")
      But since I'm using a wildcard, it doesn't appear to be working. I think it's just replacing .txt with .txt. Am I going about this the wrong way? How can I use wildcards and still accomplish this?
      Any help is greatly appreciated ^__^

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.