Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Athos

Reading from a webpage

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I'm trying to find a way to collect data from a webpage using IE.

I already know about _IEBodyReadText($oIE) but the problem is, I just want a specific instance of that text without getting all of it.

What I want to be able to do, is to read that text line by line, and when I find a specific string on the line I want, I want to be able to print out that entire line.

The problem for me is that It _IEBodyReadText formats the text into one big string, so I would have to use split string to accomplish this task. The problem with that is, there are no lines, so I don't know how I would write something like,

if substring=Cluster read untill you reach .com, and let that be the substring....

Should I tackle this problem that way, or should I find a way to get the substring I want from the HTML itself?

Thanks,

Athos

Do you have an example of the html and the text that you want? There are other _IE functions that can return specific elements of the DOM, but without knowing the specifics it is hard to recommend a solution.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

Sure thing. This is from the html source (note I modded it again to protect the data)

<tr><td>&amp;nbsp;</td><td><font class="f-body">This is the body of text taht I want to avoid </font></td></tr>

<tr><td>&amp;nbsp;</td><td>

<font class="f-navbar">Cluster Host = </font><font class='f-body'>

something.com</font>

I want to get Cluster host and the something.com in 1 string. That or just the something.com would be good.

Edited by Athos

Use function_IETableWriteToArray to retrieve the content of the table. You then can loop through the array and search for your data.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Thanks so much water! _IETable was great, because from the array, I could just specify the column and row I wanted. :D

Edited by Athos

Glad to be of service :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• JustinZandee
      By JustinZandee
      I need a random string generator which creates 15 letters/numbers.
      How can I make that?
    • anthonyjr2
      By anthonyjr2
      Hi guys,
      I am pretty bad with regex, and am having some trouble trying to come up with an expression for a certain type of string. Basically I want to be able to tell if a string is of the format:
      AA#####A
      Where the A's are any letter from A-Z and the #'s are any digit from 0-9.
      I've been playing around with a regex tester online for a while but I can't really seem to grasp the concept very well. Could anyone give me any tips?
      This isn't exactly an AutoIt specific question which is why I didn't post it in General Help & Support.
    • LoneWolf_2106
      By LoneWolf_2106
      Hi everybody,
      i have a question related to strings items in an Array and sorting. Maybe someone can advice me how to solve the issue.
      I have an Array of strings, every item of the Array is as following:
      INFO [13.06.2017 11:48:01] [Thread-13] [ConGenImpUsb -> waitForConnection]  INFO [07.06.2017 08:55:44] [main] MDU5 - Ver 5.1x I want to sort the item in the array by date and time, is there any function which allows me to sort by date/time?
      Thanks in advance
    • Innominate
      By Innominate
      How can I filter out everything in a string except for text between specific tags, specifically between <title>Message title</title> and <body id="msgFeedSummaryBody" selected="false">Summary text</body>

I also want to extract the URL, which is given three times:
           1. Message-Id: <https://www.linktopage.htm@localhost.localdomain>
           2. Content-Base: https://linktopage.htm (no closing tag for this, just a line feed with the next one beginning with “Content-Type: “)
           3. <base href="https://www.linktopage.htm">

Having extracted the Message title, Summary text, and URL, I want to save that in one of various text files, with a prompt for user input giving me a way (such as entering a letter, word, or clicking a radio button; the latter is preferable) to specify which file.

Here is the code I have so far:

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase HotKeySet("^h", "_copy") While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Func _copy() Send("^u") ; opens the message source of the news feed in my e-mail client (Thunderbird) showing all of the desired information Sleep(1000) Send("^a") ; select all of it Sleep(1000) Send("^c") ; copy it to clipboard EndFunc Now how can I filter the clipboard contents (as above), add to it (adding “-----------------------” as a separator, display it to the screen (for confirmation), and append it as plain text to one of several different files?

Thank you!
    • vikashbitm2010
      By vikashbitm2010
      Hi all,
      I want to return string from autoit script to the python code.
      Autoit:
      Exit("22 FE 45") -> not working
      Exit(1) -> Working
      Exit(0) -> Working
      python:
      import os
      res=os.system(autoitmine.exe)
      print "res",res
      I got some hint of @ExitCode macro, but dont know how to use it to get the string in python variable 'res'.
      Please resolve this issue for me if anyone knows about this.