Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
James

Validate IPV6 Address

7 posts in this topic

Quick function for validating IPV6. It's not advanced, but can validate several notations.

; Default example
If _ISIPV6IP('3ffe:1900:4545:3:200:f8ff:fe21:67cf') Then MsgBox(0, '', 'Valid IPV6 address!')
; Leading zeroes
If _ISIPV6IP('2001:db8:85a3:0:0:8a2e:370:7334') Then MsgBox(0, '', 'Valid IPV6 address!')
; Groups of zeroes
If _ISIPV6IP('2001:db8:85a3::8a2e:370:7334') Then MsgBox(0, '', 'Valid IPV6 address!')

Func _ISIPV6IP($Addr)
Return StringRegExp($Addr, "(([\da-f]{0,4}:{0,2}){1,8})")
EndFunc
1 person likes this

Nice James.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Nice, but it also returns true for an empty string. You need anchors in your regexp and demand atleast one character. After some playing around I got this:

Func _ISIPV6IP($sAddr)
    Return StringRegExp($sAddr, "^(?i)([\da-f]{1,4}|::)((:{0,2}[\da-f]{0,4}){0,7})$")
EndFunc

Also added case-insensitive flag. Passes 332 of the 486 tests in this perl script. Check the mindboggling regular expression patterns in there :wacko:

[center]Spiderskank Spiderskank[/center]GetOpt Parse command line options UDF | AU3Text Program internationalization UDF | Identicon visual hash UDF

Just out of curiosity, how would you have to modify that to show as invalid an address like this 2001:db8:85a3::8a2e::7334, where's there's 2 sets of double colons?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Nice, but it also returns true for an empty string. You need anchors in your regexp and demand atleast one character. After some playing around I got this:

Func _ISIPV6IP($sAddr)
Return StringRegExp($sAddr, "^(?i)([da-f]{1,4}|::)((:{0,2}[da-f]{0,4}){0,7})$")
EndFunc

Also added case-insensitive flag. Passes 332 of the 486 tests in this perl script. Check the mindboggling regular expression patterns in there :wacko:

Nice, I only wrote it quickly for something at work, but yours is much better. For this, I didn't even visit gskinners website ;)

Just out of curiosity, how would you have to modify that to show as invalid an address like this 2001:db8:85a3::8a2e::7334, where's there's 2 sets of double colons?

Dunno, the patterns I linked to are pretty complex. I'd do it with StringReplace however:

Func _ISIPV6IP($sAddr)
    StringReplace($sAddr, '::', '_')
    If @extended > 1 Then Return False
    Return StringRegExp($sAddr, "^(?i)([da-f]{1,4}|::)((:{0,2}[da-f]{0,4}){0,7})$")
EndFunc

With this addition it passes 359 of the 486 tests.

1 person likes this

[center]Spiderskank Spiderskank[/center]GetOpt Parse command line options UDF | AU3Text Program internationalization UDF | Identicon visual hash UDF

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• akira2891
      By akira2891
      Hi,
      I was wondering is this all inputs can be done in 1 box with 3 fields and not to use another gui.
      And how can i validate data for example if i don't enter username he prompt me a message box all time until field is empty.
      I try like this but it give me a msgbox and continue on another field.
      $username = InputBox("Add new user", "Username", "", "", 200, 130, Default, Default, 0) if $username <> " " then msgbox(0, "", "Please enter username") endif $email = InputBox("Add new user", "Email", "", "", 200, 130, Default, Default, 0) $password = InputBox("Add new user", "Password", "", "*", 200, 130, Default, Default, 0)  
    • czardas
      By czardas
      Much work still needs to be done on my current project, but design concepts often benefit more from early criticism. Although there may be nothing particularly innovative about this project, user experience is everything. I would like you to look at the behaviour of the controls on this GUI. Unless you type something really awful, it allows you to finish typing the formula before testing the input. When typing into an edit control, pressing the enter key activates the okay button.
      The program itself, mainly consists of a listview control, which you can't see - just imagine it looks like a stone age version of Excel with a nice paint job, but no bells or whistles. What Row Sum (Σ) is intended to do is loop through all the rows, calculate a sum and print the output in a newly created column. The user is prompted to type a formula into the following GUI. Please try to figure it out, and break it any way you can.
      #include <GUIConstants.au3> #include <GuiEdit.au3> #include <Misc.au3> Global $g_iAvailableCols = 24 ; arbitary dev variable [column count will eventually be read from a listview control] ; missing several thousand lines of code... Formula() ; caution about including columns containing empty fields in the formula ; empty fields are treated as zero ; with addition and subtraction there is never any problem ; multiplication by an empty field (or by zero) returns zero ; division by an empty field (or by zero) returns an empty field [unless - see exception] ; use of the power operator is limited to rows in which all referenced fields contain numbers ; imaginary roots of negative numbers return an empty field [unless - see exception] ; exception: infinity (or an imaginary number) to the power of zero returns a meaningless number Func FormulaSyntax() MsgBox(BitOR(64, 8192), "Row Sum (" & ChrW(0x03A3) & ") : Syntax To Use", _ ; $MB_ICONINFORMATION, $MB_TASKMODAL " mathematical operators :" & @TAB & "+ - * / ^" & @CRLF & _ " column numbers :" & @TAB & @TAB & "c1, c2, c3 etc..." & @CRLF & _ " decimal digits :" & @TAB & @TAB & "0 to 9 and ." & @CRLF & _ " parenthesis :" & @TAB & @TAB & "( )" & @CRLF & _ " minus sign :" & @TAB & @TAB & "-1, -c2, -(c3) etc..." & @CRLF & _ " example :" & @TAB & @TAB & @TAB & "c1 +c2 -c3") EndFunc ;==> FormulaSyntax Func Formula() ; ($hParent, $idListView, $hListView) ; [missing parent window] Local $sTitle = "Row Sum (" & ChrW(0x03A3) & ")", _ $iStyle = BitOR($WS_CAPTION, $WS_POPUP, $WS_SYSMENU), _ $iExStyle = BitOR($WS_EX_MDICHILD, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW, $WS_EX_TOPMOST) Local $hChild = GUICreate($sTitle, 334 +25, 105 +1, Default + 100, Default + 100); , $iStyle, $iExStyle, $hParent) Local $hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Formula :", 8, 8, 55, 18) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hSyntax = GUICtrlCreateButton("???", 72, 7, 40, 20) Local $hLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Header :", 127, 8, 49, 18) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hHeader = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 182, 7, 170, 20) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 7, 33, 320 +25, 40, BitOR($WS_TABSTOP, $ES_MULTILINE)) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hCheckBox = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox(" Round to", 7, 79, 75, 20) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hPlaces = GUICtrlCreateInput("2", 86, 79 +1, 20, 20, BitOR($WS_TABSTOP, $ES_CENTER, $ES_NUMBER)) GUICtrlCreateLabel("decimal places", 114 -2, 79 +2, 92, 18) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10) Local $hCancel = GUICtrlCreateButton("Cancel", 210, 79 +1, 66, 20) Local $hOkay = GUICtrlCreateButton("OK", 285, 79 +1, 66, 20) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) Local $sInput = "", $aArray, $iError = 0, $iCols = $g_iAvailableCols ; $iCols = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($hListView), _ ; >>> CHANGE THIS LATER ;$iRows = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($hListView), $aColOrder = _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnOrderArray($hListView) Local $vTemp, $msg2, $iPlaces = '2' While 1 $msg2 = GUIGetMsg() If $msg2 = $hCancel Or $msg2 = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Then ExitLoop If $msg2 = $hSyntax Then FormulaSyntax() ContinueLoop EndIf $vTemp = GUICtrlRead($hPlaces) If $vTemp <> $iPlaces Then If $vTemp > 14 Then GUICtrlSetData($hPlaces, 14) $iPlaces = 14 _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($hPlaces, 0, -1) ElseIf Not $vTemp Then GUICtrlSetData($hPlaces ,'0') $iPlaces = '0' _GUICtrlEdit_SetSel($hPlaces, 0, -1) EndIf EndIf If BitAND(GUICtrlRead($hCheckBox), $GUI_CHECKED) == $GUI_CHECKED _ And BitAND(GUICtrlGetState($hPlaces), $GUI_DISABLE) == $GUI_DISABLE Then GUICtrlSetState($hPlaces, $GUI_ENABLE) ElseIf BitAND(GUICtrlRead($hCheckBox), $GUI_CHECKED) <> $GUI_CHECKED _ And BitAND(GUICtrlGetState($hPlaces), $GUI_ENABLE) == $GUI_ENABLE Then GUICtrlSetState($hPlaces, $GUI_DISABLE) EndIf $sFormula = GUICtrlRead($hInput) If $sFormula <> $sInput Then If StringRegExp($sFormula, '[^ ]') Then ; spaces between components are ignored If Not ValidSyntax($sFormula, $iCols) Then If @extended < 5 Then If $iError = 0 Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFA090) $iError = 1 ElseIf $iError Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFFFFF) $iError = 0 EndIf ElseIf $iError Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFFFFF) $iError = 0 EndIf ElseIf $iError Then GUICtrlSetBkColor($hInput, 0xFFFFFF) $iError = 0 EndIf $sInput = $sFormula EndIf ; BitAND(WinGetState($hChild), $WIN_STATE_ACTIVE) = 8 If $msg2 = $hOkay Or (_IsPressed("0D") And BitAND(WinGetState($hChild), 8) = 8 And (ControlGetFocus($hChild) = "Edit2" Or ControlGetFocus($hChild) = "Edit1")) Then $sFormula = GUICtrlRead($hInput) ; If StringRegExp($sFormula, '[^ ]') And ValidSyntax($sFormula, $iCols) Then ; missing formula execution code MsgBox(0, "VALID SYNTAX", "Well done, your formula can safely be executed, but" & @CRLF & "can't find parent window.") ExitLoop Else Switch @extended Case 1 $vTemp = "The formula contains illegal characters." Case 2 $vTemp = "No such column exists." Case 3 $vTemp = "The formula contains a syntax error." Case 4 $vTemp = "The formula is missing opening parenthesis." Case 5 $vTemp = "The formula is unterminated" case 6 $vTemp = "The formula is missing closing parenthesis." EndSwitch MsgBox(262160, "uh-uh!", StringRegExp($sFormula, '[^ ]') ? $vTemp : "Please enter a formula.") While _IsPressed("0D") Sleep(50) WEnd ;$iError = 1 EndIf EndIf WEnd GUIDelete($hChild) EndFunc ; formula Func ValidSyntax($sFormula, $iMax) ; [currently requires external check that string <> ""] ; quick test for accepted characters If StringRegExp($sFormula, '(?i)[^c \d\.\+\-\*/\^\(\)]') Then Return SetExtended(1, False) ; illegal characters If StringRegExp($sFormula, '(?i)\.\D|c[0\D]|\d\s+[\.\d]') Then Return SetExtended(3, False) ; syntax $sFormula = StringStripWS($sFormula, 8) ; strip all spaces ; split to separate formula components Local $aFormula = StringRegExp($sFormula, '(?i)\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+|\-\(|[\+\-\*/\^\(\)]|.+', 3), _ ; create array [ADDED] ==> |.+ $iLast, $sTest, $sExpect = '(?i)\-?\(|\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+|\-', _ ; valid first component $iBracket = 0, $bSyntax = False, $bNoSuch = False, $bTermination = False ; error tracking variables For $i = 0 To UBound($aFormula) -1 If Not StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], $sExpect) Then ; unexpected code sequence $bSyntax = True ExitLoop EndIf If StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '(?i)\-?c\d+') Then ; column number $sTest = StringRegExpReplace($aFormula[$i], '(?i)[\-c]+', '') If $sTest > $iMax Or $sTest == 0 Then ; no such column exists $bNoSuch = True ExitLoop EndIf $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ; operators / closing brackets ElseIf StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '\-?\d*\.\d*') Then ; decimal If $aFormula[$i] == '.' Or $aFormula[$i] == '-.' Then If $i = UBound($aFormula) -1 Then $bTermination = True ExitLoop EndIf $bSyntax = True ; badly formated decimal ExitLoop EndIf $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ; as above ElseIf StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '\-?\d+') Then ; integer $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ElseIf StringRegExp($aFormula[$i], '\A[\+\-\*/\^]\z') Then ; operator $iLast = UBound($aFormula) -1 If $i = $iLast Or ($i = $iLast -1 And $aFormula[$iLast] == '-') Then $bTermination = True ExitLoop EndIf $sExpect = '(?i)\-?\(|\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+' ElseIf $aFormula[$i] == '(' Or $aFormula[$i] == '-(' Then ; opening bracket $iBracket += 1 $sExpect = '(?i)\-?\(|\-?c\d+|\-?c|\-?\d*\.\d*|\-?\d+|\-' ElseIf $aFormula[$i] == ')' Then ; closing bracket $iBracket -= 1 $sExpect = '[\+\-\*/\^\)]' ElseIf $aFormula[$i] = 'c' Or $aFormula[$i] = '-c' Then ; unterminated column number If $i = UBound($aFormula) -1 Then $bTermination = True Else $bSyntax = True ExitLoop EndIf Else ; unexpected exception [this should never happen] $bSyntax = True ExitLoop EndIf If $iBracket < 0 Then ExitLoop ; closing (unopened) parenthesis error ; [formula looks okay so far] Next ; better to be a bit wordy [for clarity] If $bNoSuch Then Return SetExtended(2, False) ; no such column exists If $bSyntax Then Return SetExtended(3, False) ; syntax error If $iBracket < 0 Then Return SetExtended(4, False) ; missing opening parenthesis If $bTermination Then Return SetExtended(5, False) ; formula may not terminate with operator or c If $iBracket > 0 Then Return SetExtended(6, False) ; missing closing parenthesis ; ConsoleWrite('valid' & @LF) Return True ; formula is correct EndFunc ;==> ValidSyntax  
    • Mecano
      By Mecano
      Hallo members,
      Looking for the right regex for password validation, the password must be eight characters long including at least 1 number and includes both lower and uppercase letters and at least 1 special character.
      € , £ and letters with umlauts, accents, etc. are not allowed.
      I have made a test gui with two different validations, this is just for testing purposes, but is this right way to do it?
      '((?=.*\d)(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*\W).{8,8})' and
      '([A-Za-z: ]+\$([A-Z0-9]+)([\s]*[A-Za-z: ]+\$([A-Z0-9]+)){0,2})'  
      The test GUI
      #NoTrayIcon #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.3.12.0 Author: myName Script Function: Template AutoIt script. #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; Script Start - Add your code below here #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1) Local $GUI, $Password, $Button1, $Button2 $GUI = GUICreate("Form1", 412, 261, 192, 124) $Password = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 96, 32, 193, 21, BitOR($GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT, $ES_PASSWORD)) GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $EM_SETCUEBANNER, False, "8 characters") GUICtrlSetLimit(-1, 8, 8) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Export", 97, 77, 193, 25) $Button2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Import", 97, 123, 193, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 Local $StringPassw = GUICtrlRead($Password) Local $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 ; Export If $StringPassw = "" Then MsgBox(16, "Error!", "Password can not be empty") GUICtrlSetState($Password, $GUI_FOCUS) ; regex for testing, the password must be eight characters including one uppercase letter, one special character and alphanumeric characters. ElseIf StringRegExp($StringPassw, '((?=.*\d)(?=.*[A-Z])(?=.*\W).{8,8})') Then MsgBox(0, "Strong", "Password is 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 special character, alphanumeric characters") ; Debug ; Export() GUICtrlSetState($Button1, $GUI_DISABLE) Else MsgBox(64, "Password is not strong!", "Re-type password, Password must be 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 special character, alphanumeric characters") GUICtrlSetData($Password, "") EndIf Case $Button2 ; Import If $StringPassw = "" Then MsgBox(16, "Error!", "Password can not be empty") ; another regex for testing GUICtrlSetState($Password, $GUI_FOCUS) ElseIf StringRegExp($StringPassw, '([A-Za-z: ]+\$([A-Z0-9]+)([\s]*[A-Za-z: ]+\$([A-Z0-9]+)){0,2})') Then MsgBox(0, "Strong", "Password is 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 special character, alphanumeric characters") ; Debug ; Import() GUICtrlSetState($Button2, $GUI_DISABLE) Else MsgBox(64, "Password is not strong!", "Re-type password, Password must be 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 special character, alphanumeric characters") GUICtrlSetData($Password, "") EndIf EndSwitch WEnd  
      searched the forum, but good not find a good example
      Edit;
      the password must be eight characters long including at least 1 number and includes both lower and uppercase letters and at least 1 special character.
      € , £ and letters with umlauts, accents, etc. are not allowed.

I need only a single regular expression
      Thanks in advance

• PCI
      By PCI
      Hi everyone 
      I've read all yesterday forums , i think it's me , but i could not find a clue for this :
      I need to generate large numbers and output into csv format or excel format
      - Range between 3000000 and 9000000 
      - Need 5000000 numbers
      - Numbers should not be in series ( Mixed and Random )
      - I would prefere to have a check digits at the end
      Anyone could help please ?

Thank you

• careca
      By careca
      Did this because i needed, retrieves a list of adapters from the registry, shows you your current Mac Address of the adapter in use, the user simply changes the second input field to the address he wants, then select the adapter on the list, and click 'set', after a reboot, the mac should be changed.
      (The field to input the mac to set accepts '-' ':' or no separation character. ex: AA:BB:CC... or AA-BB-CC... or AABBCC...)