Sign in to follow this  
James

Validate IPV6 Address

Quick function for validating IPV6. It's not advanced, but can validate several notations.

; Default example
If _ISIPV6IP('3ffe:1900:4545:3:200:f8ff:fe21:67cf') Then MsgBox(0, '', 'Valid IPV6 address!')
; Leading zeroes
If _ISIPV6IP('2001:db8:85a3:0:0:8a2e:370:7334') Then MsgBox(0, '', 'Valid IPV6 address!')
; Groups of zeroes
If _ISIPV6IP('2001:db8:85a3::8a2e:370:7334') Then MsgBox(0, '', 'Valid IPV6 address!')

Func _ISIPV6IP($Addr)
Return StringRegExp($Addr, "(([\da-f]{0,4}:{0,2}){1,8})")
EndFunc

Nice James.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Nice, but it also returns true for an empty string. You need anchors in your regexp and demand atleast one character. After some playing around I got this:

Func _ISIPV6IP($sAddr)
    Return StringRegExp($sAddr, "^(?i)([\da-f]{1,4}|::)((:{0,2}[\da-f]{0,4}){0,7})$")
EndFunc

Also added case-insensitive flag. Passes 332 of the 486 tests in this perl script. Check the mindboggling regular expression patterns in there :wacko:

[center]Spiderskank Spiderskank[/center]GetOpt Parse command line options UDF | AU3Text Program internationalization UDF | Identicon visual hash UDF

Just out of curiosity, how would you have to modify that to show as invalid an address like this 2001:db8:85a3::8a2e::7334, where's there's 2 sets of double colons?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Nice, but it also returns true for an empty string. You need anchors in your regexp and demand atleast one character. After some playing around I got this:

Func _ISIPV6IP($sAddr)
Return StringRegExp($sAddr, "^(?i)([da-f]{1,4}|::)((:{0,2}[da-f]{0,4}){0,7})$")
EndFunc

Also added case-insensitive flag. Passes 332 of the 486 tests in this perl script. Check the mindboggling regular expression patterns in there :wacko:

Nice, I only wrote it quickly for something at work, but yours is much better. For this, I didn't even visit gskinners website ;)

Just out of curiosity, how would you have to modify that to show as invalid an address like this 2001:db8:85a3::8a2e::7334, where's there's 2 sets of double colons?

Dunno, the patterns I linked to are pretty complex. I'd do it with StringReplace however:

Func _ISIPV6IP($sAddr)
    StringReplace($sAddr, '::', '_')
    If @extended > 1 Then Return False
    Return StringRegExp($sAddr, "^(?i)([da-f]{1,4}|::)((:{0,2}[da-f]{0,4}){0,7})$")
EndFunc

With this addition it passes 359 of the 486 tests.

[center]Spiderskank Spiderskank[/center]GetOpt Parse command line options UDF | AU3Text Program internationalization UDF | Identicon visual hash UDF