Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nektra

Wait Internet Explorer to load page

8 posts in this topic

Hi, im testing the performance of my portal IE9 with the installed IE9...

The test is this:

1) Open browser

2) Navigate to a webpage

3) Wait until its full loaded

4) Close browser

My problem is step 3... I cannot use _IECreate function because i cannot select portal IE9... How can i wait (without using winwait, sleeps, or something like that) until is full loaded?

Thanks

Can you please post the code you have so far?

That makes it easier to help.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

SplashTextOn("IE9 Automated Test", "IE9 Automated Test - Press ESC to exit", 300, 100, -1, 0, 4)
$a = 1
while $a <= 100
Run("C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer 9\iexplore.exe about:blank")
WinWait("Blank Page")
Sleep(2000)
Send("!d" & "http://www.newser.com" & "{ENTER}")
Sleep(2000)
If WinExists("Internet Explorer Security")Then
Send("s" & "a")
Sleep(1000)
EndIf
WinWait("Newser | Headline News Summaries, World News, and Breaking News - Internet Explorer, optimized for Bing and MSN")
;~ Here should I wait newser.com to full load
WinClose("Newser | Headline News Summaries, World News, and Breaking News - Internet Explorer, optimized for Bing and MSN")
WEnd

What is "portal IE9"?

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Oh, completely ignored that remark in the OPs post :lol:, guess it's something like portable, if so, try to start it and then do a _IEAttach() or _IECreate() with $f_tryAttach = 1?

Edited by KaFu

Yeah, portal is portable, sorry about that :P

KaFu, can you give me an example please? Im new at this...

Thanks for the quick responses

KaFu, can you give me an example please? Im new at this...

there is working examples in the Help file.. That'll probably be a help.

- Bruce /*somdcomputerguy */  If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• ur
      By ur
      Is there anyway to check whether the script is launched already and wait till the other instance is closed and continue after that.

• ur
      By ur
      I have kept below line to wait for IE to load the site completely and continue.
      _IELoadWait($oIE)

But, the code is continuing without waiting for it and I my execution is failing as the elements are not loaded completely.

Any suggestions for alternate code to wait for the browser to load completely?

• kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I have a workplace GUI that has a search field function that pulls up customer records to allow changes. I am attempting to 1)LOGIN 2)Enter Search field, enter a number and then {ENTER} 3)change specific field once customer record loads. I have very limited experience in GUI manipulation but I am able to login using the below:
      #include <IE.au3> Const $navOpenInNewTab = 0x0800 Dim $oIE = _IECreate('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/ASAG/index.htm') Call ("RacksheetSignIn") Func RacksheetSignIn () Local $username = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"uname") Local $password = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"pword") $oIE.Navigate2('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/apps/RackSheets/LogInSAG/login.asp',2048) _IEFormElementSetValue ($username, "xxxxxxx") _IEFormElementSetValue ($password, "xxxxxxx") Send('{Enter}') EndFunc However I can't seem to use the _IEGetObjByName or Mouseclick to focus on the search field to allow me to enter my search criteria. When I "inspect element" in the Search field I get the attached:

Any help would be MUCH appreciated

• TotalAuto
      By TotalAuto
      Hi All
      I am new to AutoIT, its community, and pretty much programming in general. 
      After a bit of online research, I decided to focus on AutoIT as my first programming attempt as it seems quite powerful and amazing once you become advanced at it. I have read some introductory pdfs which where good, including from the guy I think who invented it. I also watched various sketchy youtube videos, checked out the forum etc. I have to admit it's a bit confusing starting off but I reckon if I just keep pushing forward with continual hard work I can only get better.  
      My first AutoIT project has been to open Internet Explorer and automatically log into Twitter to save doing it manually. I plan to run this after windows start up via task scheduler. I am using the #include <IE.au3> UDF but for some reason about 20% of the time I receive the following orange error notifications at the bottom of the editor (pic attached). When it happens the IE browser just doesn't open but the program continues to run which mucks up the script. 
      Does anyone know why this is happening and how it can be fixed? Also is there some other better, less error prone way, to open IE and automatically log in?
      I have tried to use the Get Object NAME and ID commands to insert the username and password (i.e. the xxxxxxxxxx's) but when I right click to use "Inspect element" there is no name or id. It seems to be some sort of java script reference?
      I am using Windows 7 with latest updates and Internet Explorer version 11.
      As this is my first post I hope I am following protocols, and if not, please let me know and I will improve.
      Thanks

• ur
      By ur
      For the below form, I am able to automate using below code for textboxes.

#include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IEAttach("http://localhost:18170/MartAdmin/", "url") _IELoadWait($oIE) $Search = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"x-auto-16-input") _IEPropertySet($Search, 'innerText','Uday KIran') $Search = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"x-auto-18-input") _IEPropertySet($Search, 'innerText','Uday KIran') But for the Login button, there is no id or name.
      The html code when I click on Inspect element in browser, shown below.
      <button tabindex="0" class="x-btn-text" style="width: 64px; position: relative;" type="button">Log In</button> Please let me know how to click this.?