Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

SciTE help - Functions to remain expanded/or not even after I close the window

Let me explain better.And Im 100% sure many have this problem and would be awesome if there would be a fix for this . So :

In the SciTE script editor, if I load a big project, I want my source code to be clean, good ordered and concise. Because I have many functions, I often tight or expand them via that left little '+' or '-' cube button of the function. But after I close the SciTE window, ofc my sourcecode gets saved but not and the functions state ! Everytime I start the project , I start with all the functions expanded, despite if they were tightened or expanded :( .

What could I do to SciTE to save my code state too ? :(

Edited by Rickname

This is an option I could add to SciTE Jump, but in terms of SciTE I don't think there is an option.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

This is an option I could add to SciTE Jump, but in terms of SciTE I don't think there is an option.

It would be pretty good, still, SciTE Jump doesn't work with 'Case' or 'While' or other those kind of loops/functions, or am I wrong ? Would be really really awesome if Scite could be updated with this function !

Edited by Rickname

SciTE Jump doesn't because it wouldn't make much sense. Comments, Functions and Regions are parsed in a script.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Dan_555
      Hi, here are few functions for the ListBox.
      I have searched the forum, but most of the functions are for listview, so i took one example code from melba23 (clear selection) and
      wrote few more functions. (Because my current project needs them).

These functions work only on a Multi-selection ListBox . 
      Edit: Only 1 function does not work with single selection box.
      The functions do: Clear Selection, Delete Selected items, Invert Selection, Move selected items up and down.
       The example code has 2 Listboxes. The selected items on the left ListBox can be moved up and down. The right Listbox has buttons for the other functions.
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListBox.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> Local $singlesel = 0, $iMsgBoxAnswer = 0 ;MsgBox features: Title=Yes, Text=Yes, Buttons=Yes and No, Icon=Question, Modality=Task Modal $iMsgBoxAnswer = MsgBox(8228, "Choose Listbox selecton type", "Yes for single, No for multi selection box") If $iMsgBoxAnswer = 6 Then $singlesel = 1 ;Yes Local $BL_1,$BL_2,$BR_1,$BR_2,$BR_3,$BR_4,$BR_5,$BR_6 Global $hForm1 = GUICreate("Listbox test", 349, 287) $LB_1 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 6, 40, 157, 244, BitOR($LBS_NOTIFY, $LBS_MULTIPLESEL, $WS_HSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL)) If $singlesel = 1 Then $LB_2 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 179, 40, 157, 244, BitOR($LBS_NOTIFY, $WS_HSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL)) Else $LB_2 = GUICtrlCreateList("", 179, 40, 157, 244, BitOR($LBS_NOTIFY, $LBS_MULTIPLESEL, $WS_HSCROLL, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL)) $BR_3 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Reverse Sel", 272, 22, 68, 17) EndIf $BL_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Up", 20, 3, 35, 18) $BL_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Down", 60, 3, 35, 18) $BR_1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Up", 200, 3, 35, 18) $BR_2 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Down", 240, 3, 35, 18) $BR_4 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Clear Sel", 217, 22, 52, 17) $BR_5 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Delete", 175, 22, 40, 17) $BR_6 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Populate", 290, 3, 50, 18) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) For $x = 0 To 50 If $x <= 10 Then GUICtrlSetData($LB_1, $x & " test", 0) GUICtrlSetData($LB_2, $x & " Test", 0) Next While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $BL_1 $a = Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_1, -1) If $a > -1 Then WinSetTitle($hForm1, "", "Moved items: " & $a) Case $BL_2 $a = Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_1, 1) If $a > -1 Then WinSetTitle($hForm1, "", "Moved items: " & $a) Case $BR_1 Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_2, -1) Case $BR_2 Listbox_ItemMoveUD($LB_2, 1) Case $BR_3 Listbox_ReverseSelection($LB_2) Case $BR_4 Listbox_ClearSelection($LB_2) Case $BR_5 Listbox_DeleteSelectedItems($LB_2) Case $BR_6 ;Populate GUICtrlSetData($LB_2, "") ; Clears the listbox For $x = 0 To 50 GUICtrlSetData($LB_2, $x & " Test", 0) Next EndSwitch WEnd ;note $hLB_ID - is the Listbox id Func Listbox_DeleteSelectedItems($hLB_ID) Local $aSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems($hLB_ID) ;Get selected items Local $i, $slb = 0, $y, $x If $aSel[0] = 0 Then ;If the array is empty, there is no selection, or it is a single selection listbox For $x = 0 To _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hLB_ID) - 1 $y = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSel($hLB_ID, $x) If $y = True Then $slb = 1 _GUICtrlListBox_DeleteString($hLB_ID, $x) ;Perform a delete on single sel. LB ExitLoop EndIf Next EndIf If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_BeginUpdate($hLB_ID) For $i = $aSel[0] To 1 Step -1 ;Loop backwards and delete the selected items _GUICtrlListBox_DeleteString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i]) Next _GUICtrlListBox_EndUpdate($hLB_ID) EndIf EndFunc ;==>Listbox_DeleteSelectedItems Func Listbox_ClearSelection($hLB_ID) ;Removes the selection from multi and single selection ListBox Local $aSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems($hLB_ID) ;Code from Melba23 - Autoit Forum Local $slb, $x, $y If $aSel[0] = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_SetCurSel($hLB_ID, -1) $slb = 1 EndIf If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_BeginUpdate($hLB_ID) For $i = 1 To $aSel[0] _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i], False) Next _GUICtrlListBox_EndUpdate($hLB_ID) EndIf EndFunc ;==>Listbox_ClearSelection Func Listbox_ReverseSelection($hLB_ID) ;Logically, this function works only on multi-selection listboxes Local $i Local $aCou = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hLB_ID) Local $cSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCaretIndex($hLB_ID) ;Save the caret _GUICtrlListBox_BeginUpdate($hLB_ID) For $i = 0 To $aCou _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $i, Not (_GUICtrlListBox_GetSel($hLB_ID, $i))) Next _GUICtrlListBox_SetCaretIndex($hLB_ID, $cSel) ;Restore the caret _GUICtrlListBox_EndUpdate($hLB_ID) EndFunc ;==>Listbox_ReverseSelection Func Listbox_ItemMoveUD($hLB_ID, $iDir = -1) ;Listbox_ItemMoveUD - Up/Down Move Multi/Single item in a ListBox ;$iDir: -1 up, 1 down ;Return values -1 nothing to do, 0 nothing moved, >0 performed moves Local $iCur, $iNxt, $aCou, $aSel, $i, $m = 0, $y, $slb = 0 ;Current, next, Count, Selection, loop , movecount $aSel = _GUICtrlListBox_GetSelItems($hLB_ID) ;Put selected items in an array $aCou = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCount($hLB_ID) ;Get total item count of the listbox If $aSel[0] = 0 Then $y = _GUICtrlListBox_GetCurSel($hLB_ID) If $y > -1 Then _ArrayAdd($aSel, $y) $aSel[0] = 1 $slb = 1 EndIf EndIf ;WinSetTitle($hGUI, "", $aSel[0]) ;Debugging info Select Case $iDir = -1 ;Move Up For $i = 1 To $aSel[0] If $aSel[$i] > 0 Then $iNxt = _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1) ;Save the selection index - 1 text _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1, _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i])) ;Replace the index-1 text with the index text _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i], $iNxt) ;Replace the selection with the saved var $m = $m + 1 EndIf Next For $i = 1 To $aSel[0] ;Restore the selections after moving If $aSel[$i] > 0 Then If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1, 1) Else _GUICtrlListBox_SetCurSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] - 1) EndIf EndIf Next Return $m Case $iDir = 1 ;Move Down If $aSel[0] > 0 Then For $i = $aSel[0] To 1 Step -1 If $aSel[$i] < $aCou - 1 Then $iNxt = _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1) _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1, _GUICtrlListBox_GetText($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i])) _GUICtrlListBox_ReplaceString($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i], $iNxt) $m = $m + 1 EndIf Next EndIf For $i = $aSel[0] To 1 Step -1 ;Restore the selections after moving If $aSel[$i] < $aCou - 1 Then If $slb = 0 Then _GUICtrlListBox_SetSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1, 1) Else _GUICtrlListBox_SetCurSel($hLB_ID, $aSel[$i] + 1) EndIf EndIf Next Return $m EndSelect Return -1 EndFunc ;==>Listbox_ItemMoveUD  
    • By Professor_Bernd
      Hello.
      PSPad4AutoIt3 consists of the Editor PSPad and the Improvement Kit, and can be used as an portable Editor IDE for AutoIt3.
      The author of the PSPad Editor is Jan Fiala. I (Professor Bernd) am only the author of the Improvement Kit.

After months of work, PSPad4AutoIt3 version 1.0.0 beta is now ready.  
      I like to call it the "first real" version, because the Improvement Kit now handles a lot of things autonomously. So PSPad remains operable when an au3 script is started. Also there is now a setup that makes the installation easier. 👍 And for those who don't like/do not want an installer, there is a download without setup. Without setup, the user has to take care of the prerequirements himself. Only recommended for experienced users.
      The core functionalities "Run, Check Syntax, Compile and Comile Dialog" are integrated and work very well. Thanks to @Jos for extending AutoIt3Wrapper!  There are also a few more features that you can find in the main menu, menu item "Scripts" => "_AutoIt". These include "Debug to Console", "Debug to MsgBox" and the "Koda FormDesigner" as a helper for creating GUIs. In this menu there is also an item "_Tips and shortcuts". After a click the AutoIt-relevant shortcuts are displayed.
      The language in the menu "_AutoIt" is English. The language for PSPad in general can be set for more than 40 languages (Main menu => Settings => Program Settings => Language).
      PSPad4AutoIt3 is in a beta stage and does not have many features yet. But I am working on it!
      More information (EN, DE) and the download can be found in my PSPad4AutoIt3 Projekt in the AutoIt.de forum.
      I would be glad if you have a look at it and write me your opinion. Have fun!

2020-04-20 Note: The minimum version for AutoIt3 HAS TO BE 3.3.14.5!

I had hoped that the changes would not be so severe, so in the downloads the minimum version 3.3.14.0 is still indicated. Unfortunately, it has recently become apparent that with older versions the main functions, e.g. CompilerRunner, the AutoIt3 Help and the upcoming CallTipViewer, fail.

The downloads can be used so far, but everybody has to take care of the AutoIt3 version 3.3.14.5 by himself!
      Thank you very much,
      Bernd.

New version PSPad4AutoIt3 v1.2.0 beta (2020-08-03). Download in Posting # 1 , Info Details
    • By Dan_555
      Hi, 
      i'v just uploaded my latest project: Simple Snippet Manager to the Downloads. area :

The intended usage is to select a Snippet, and to copy it's contents into your favorite Editor.
          The Copy/Paste process happens over the (windows)Clipboard. 
          The previous clipboard content is not restored.
          There is a time limit of 60 seconds, in which the pasting of the text is allowed (starting when the App window gets inactive).  
          The Hotkey is reenabled, when the main Window is activated.

This is a File/Folder based manager. 
          The App is configured to hold 4000 files and 400 folders with searching depth of 5 sub-folders.

The root folder is freely selectable, but it  should be a Folder with writing permission.
          Please install the App in a folder with Writing permission, too. 
          This App only uses an .ini file to save it's configuration, which has to be in the same folder as the App.

First configuration:
      1. Open the config Window.
      2. Enter the Language name, create or seek a root folder, enter an extension.
      3. Click on Set button.
      4. Click on the Exit button.
      The Language configuration is done, adding files or folders are needed:
       1. Select the language from the dropbox list, and click on Get Lang button.
      2a. Right Click on the root folder, chose New folder to add categories.
      2b. or chose New/Edit file to open the builtin text editor
       3. Paste or Write a snippet-code, enter a filename and save it.

(Repeat the 3. as needed)

Usage:
      Select a language, then click on Get Lang button.
      Choose a file with the left mouse button.
      Check if the code was loaded in the Textarea at the bottom.
      Switch to your Sourcecode editor, and press the Hotkey (default= Ctrl/Strg b) to copy and paste the text.
      There is a time limit of 60 seconds, after the main window gets inactive, in which the copy&pasting is allowed.
      Changelog:
      V1.02        (24.06.2020)
                  Addition: Undocumented ini setting: StartLoadLastUsedLanguage
                            Setting this to 1 (default value) will now reload the Last used language at start.
                            Last used language counts for the Language, selected with [Get Lang] button. The [Config] button will delete the last used language.
                            LastUsedLanguageNr, LastUsedLanguageName ini settings are used internaly for the above function.
                   Added version string to the main Window title.
      V1.01        (23.06.2020)
                  Bugfix    : Starting the App without the ini file now sets the correct starting Hotkey (Ctrl b)
                  Addition: Clipboard is saved, before pasting, and restored after pasting. (May work with text data only. p.s. untested!)
    • By Dan_555
      Simple Snippet Manager (AutoIt v3.3.14.5)
       The intended usage is to select a Snippet, and to copy it's contents into your favorite Editor.
          The Copy/Paste process happens over the (windows)Clipboard. 
          The previous clipboard content is not restored.
          There is a time limit of 60 seconds, in which the pasting of the text is allowed (starting when the App window gets inactive).  
          The Hotkey is reenabled, when the main Window is activated.

This is a File/Folder based manager. 
          The App is configured to hold 4000 files and 400 folders with searching depth of 5 sub-folders.

The root folder is freely selectable, but it  should be a Folder with writing permission.
          Please install the App in a folder with Writing permission, too. 
          This App only uses an .ini file to save it's configuration, which has to be in the same folder as the App.

First configuration:
      1. Open the config Window.
      2. Enter the Language name, create or seek a root folder, enter an extension.
      3. Click on Set button.
      4. Click on the Exit button.
      The Language configuration is done, adding files or folders are needed:
       1. Select the language from the dropbox list, and click on Get Lang button.
      2a. Right Click on the root folder, chose New folder to add categories.
      2b. or chose New/Edit file to open the builtin text editor
       3. Paste or Write a snippet-code, enter a filename and save it.

(Repeat the 3. as needed)

Usage:
      Select a language, then click on Get Lang button.
      Choose a file with the left mouse button.
      Check if the code was loaded in the Textarea at the bottom.
      Switch to your sourcecode editor, and press the Hotkey (default= Ctrl/Strg b) to copy and paste the text.
      There is a timelimit of 60 seconds, after the main window gets inactive, in which the copy&pasting is allowed.

The Download includes:
      32 + 64bit exe, sourcecode, icon, read me text and 2 Instructional Helpfiles in Html and PDF format.
    • By Bhooshan
      I need to mute an ongoing call on Microsoft teams without activating the window. Teams allows us to mute using shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+m but only when the window is active.
      # Used set option as ongoing call can be with any person which leads to change in Title Name.
      AutoItSetOption ( "WinTitleMatchMode", 2 ) 
      # I am not clear with the control ID which will be good to use here and also the key combination of ^M       
      ControlSend ( "Microsoft Teams", "", "[CLASS:Intermediate D3D Window; INSTANCE:1]", "{ctrl down}")

Can anyone help...!!!