Sign in to follow this  
kokoilie

Can ObjCreate be used with a program created in Autoit?

kokoilie

I'm using irrlight to display 3D models in a window but I can't create any controls in this window
and I thought I could compile the code and use objcreate () to display the irrlight (3D) part and overlay it with the autoit gui controls

if it won't work is there a way to add gui controls on to the window created by the .dll?

Edited by kokoilie

water

I have never used it myself but maybe the >Au3Irrlicht UDF is what you are looking for.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Richard Robertson

You can't show standard Windows controls on top of a 3D render unless you cache the rendered image and use it as a background.

kokoilie

About the Irrlicht UDF that's exactly what i'm using.

How exactly do I cache the render and use it as background? Or more importantly how resource effective this will be?

Edited by kokoilie

Richard Robertson

I've never used Irrlicht so I'm afraid I don't know. Most 3D systems let you save a render to an image and you can set that to the background.

kokoilie

Maybe it will be the same way as to render texture from the camera, but if I can't do it with irrlicht can you tell me about a 3D system that you used or know how to work with?

Richard Robertson

Maybe it will be the same way as to render texture from the camera, but if I can't do it with irrlicht can you tell me about a 3D system that you used or know how to work with?

I'm sorry but I have never actually done 3D programming. I know that if you hook in to DirectX or OpenGL directly instead of using a helper library, you can use almost anything as a texture source.

Werty

It can be done by punching holes in the Gui like so...

#include "./Bin/au3Irrlicht2.au3"
#include <Misc.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

$Gui = GUICreate("AutoIt Window", 800, 600, -1, -1)
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_exit")

;Embed Irrlicht RenderWindow---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_IrrStart($IRR_EDT_opengl, 1024, 768, $IRR_BITS_PER_PIXEL_32, $IRR_windowed, $IRR_SHADOWS, $IRR_capture_EVENTS, $IRR_VERTICAL_SYNC_Off)
_IrrSetWindowCaption( "IrrLicht Window")

Local $outer_rgn, $inner_rgn, $combined_rgn

$outer_rgn = _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn(0, 0, 800, 600)
    $inner_rgn = _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn(103, 102, 200, 122)
    $combined_rgn = _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn(0, 0, 0, 0)
    _WinAPI_CombineRgn($combined_rgn, $outer_rgn, $inner_rgn, $RGN_DIFF)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($outer_rgn)
    _WinAPI_DeleteObject($inner_rgn)
    _WinAPI_SetWindowRgn(WinGetHandle("IrrLicht Window", ""), $combined_rgn)

GUICtrlCreateButton("Hey", 100, 80, 100, 22)

WinMove("IrrLicht Window", "", -3, -22)
_WinAPI_Setparent(WinGetHandle("IrrLicht Window", ""), $Gui)
WinActivate("AutoIt Window")

GUISetState()
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;add your IrrLicht stuff here.....

WHILE _IrrRunning()

_IrrBeginScene(128,128,128)
    _IrrDrawScene()
    _IrrEndScene()
    Sleep(5)
WEND

Func _exit()
    _IrrStop()
    Exit
EndFunc ; _exit

kokoilie

Thanks Werty, works like a charm.

Never thought I could use that (actually never knew it's an option). Well guess i'm still green and have much to learn.

One more thing... can I put those "punched holes" back or should I try to make the whole gui that way?

Werty

It would be easier just making the autoit window wider than the irrlicht window, now that's it's embedded, and then use the extra space for controls like buttons, tabs etc.

Then there's no need to punch holes.

Something like this...

#include "./Bin/au3Irrlicht2.au3"
;#include <Misc.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>

$Gui = GUICreate("AutoIt Window", 800, 458, -1, -1)
HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_exit")

;Embed Irrlicht RenderWindow---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_IrrStart($IRR_EDT_opengl, 640, 480, $IRR_BITS_PER_PIXEL_32, $IRR_windowed, $IRR_SHADOWS, $IRR_capture_EVENTS, $IRR_VERTICAL_SYNC_Off)
_IrrSetWindowCaption( "IrrLicht Window")
_WinAPI_SetWindowRgn(WinGetHandle("IrrLicht Window", ""), _WinAPI_CreateRectRgn(3, 22, 640, 480)) ; Cut off IrrLicht Window Border

GUICtrlCreateButton("Hey1", 680, 40, 100, 22)
GUICtrlCreateButton("Hey2", 680, 80, 100, 22)
GUICtrlCreateButton("Hey3", 680, 120, 100, 22)

WinMove("IrrLicht Window", "", -3, -22)
_WinAPI_Setparent(WinGetHandle("IrrLicht Window", ""), $Gui)
WinActivate("AutoIt Window")

GUISetState()
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
;add your IrrLicht stuff here.....

WHILE _IrrRunning()

_IrrBeginScene(128,128,128)
    _IrrDrawScene()
    _IrrEndScene()
    Sleep(5)

WEND

Func _exit()
    _IrrStop()
    Exit
EndFunc ; _exit
  • Like 1

kokoilie

Actually now that I started playing with it and reversed the setparrent part so that the gui is child to the irrlicht render
so to hide the controls I don't want to see I just call GUISetState (@SW_HIDE)

Also the way I want to make it I don't even need to make the gui transparent while it's visible 

Richard Robertson

That's actually a really interesting way to do that. Not the most efficient, but interesting nonetheless.

andy2

It is working at my end too! Thanks for sharing it Werty.

Luigi

Wow! This amazing!

Visit my repository