GarnetDagger

autoit firebird odbc insert or Update

4 posts in this topic

I would love to have some help or guidance 

I am able to Query from my database but I am not able to Update or insert etc because I lack the knowledge for it

this is my code for to retrieve some data from and works perfect

Dim $ueberschriften = ""
Dim $anzahl = 0
Dim $dsncount = 1
Global $DSN = "MTXXV5"
Global $Query = "Select * from VIEWS"

Func SSSQL($SSQuery) ;SuperSonicSQL 
    ConsoleWrite($SSQuery & @LF)
    $cmboVal = ""
    $adoCon = ObjCreate("ADODB.Connection")
    $adoCon.Open($DSN)
    $adoRs = ObjCreate("ADODB.Recordset")
    $adoSQL = $SSQuery
    $adoRs.CursorType = 2
    $adoRs.LockType = 3
    $adoRs.Open($adoSQL, $adoCon)
    With $adoRs
        Global $QueryAnswer = .GetRows
    EndWith
    Return $QueryAnswer
EndFunc   ;==>SSSQL

and this is my failed attempt, The Query is correct but I want to able to use it in autoit instead of have to manual update or insert into flamerobin

$SS_SQL_Insert_or_Update = "INSERT INTO DETECTION (DNAME,DTYPE,WINNAME,AREA,COLOR,MOUSE) VALUES ('PopUpTradeInviteYes        s                    ','SEARCH','XXX','175,240,550,240,65,228,82,234','5062478','0') "

Func SSSQLIU($SS_SQL_Insert_or_Update) ;SuperSonicSQL :P
    $cmboVal = ""
    $adoCon.Open($DSN)
    $adoRs = ObjCreate("ADODB.Record")
    $adoSQL =$SS_SQL_Insert_or_Update
;~     $adoRs.CursorType = 2
    $adoRs.LockType = 4
;~     With $adoRs
;~         Global $QueryAnswer = .GetRows
;~     EndWith
;~     Return $QueryAnswer
EndFunc   ;==>SSSQL

I am at a total loss and I am just trying this at random but I am also going to sleep now

I would love to have some minor examples

"C:\_CC_V10_DetectionTAB.au3" (174) : ==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
$adoRs^ ERROR

This seems to be the solution (at least for me)  any extra info or feedback is appreciated )

$cmboVal = ""
    $adoCon.Open($DSN) ;Data Source Name
    $adoRs = ObjCreate("ADODB.Recordset")
    $adoSQL = $SS_SQL_Insert_or_Update
    $adoRs.CursorType = 1
    $adoRs.LockType = 3
;~  $adoRs.Open($adoCon)
    $adoCon.Execute($adoSQL)
    $adoCon.Close
EndFunc   ;==>SSSQLIU

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

$adoCon.Open($DSN) ;Data Source Name
    $adoCon.Execute($SS_SQL_Insert_or_Update)
    $adoCon.Close
EndFunc   ;==>SSSQLIU

You don't need a recordset object here, this is a command which doesn't produce results.

Also, you shouldn't open and close the connection for every SQL operation. Open the connection at program start, close it at program termination.

Edited by jchd

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

I encourage you to use:

Signature beginning:   Wondering who uses AutoIT and what it can be used for ?
* GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *
ADO.au3 UDF     POP3.au3 UDF     XML.au3 UDF    How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x  for other useful stuff click the following button

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST API *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 - BETA * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF *

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Best coding practices * 

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * 

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2017-06-04