I hope you can help me with this. I need to connect to a Database using Cloudera ODBC Driver for Impala. I installed the driver, created a User DSN (drona2) and tested it successfully (got the message: Successfully connected to data source!) but when I try to connect to the database using a Conneciton String, it simply didn't work.
I tried connecting to the database using the User DSN, I previously created, that has all parameters needed but got the following error:
$ProviderDatasource = 'DSN=drona2;'
$conn_Database = ObjCreate ("ADODB.Connection")
$conn_Database.ConnectionString = $ProviderDatasource
==> The requested action with this object has failed.:
Also I tried adding all parameters to my connection string as follows but also got the same error:
$ProviderDatasource = 'Driver=Cloudera ODBC Driver for Impala;Host=MyHost.domain.com;PORT=21050;AuthMech=3;UID=MyUserId@domain.com;PWD=MyPasswordc;Schema=default;SSL=1;AllowSelfSignedCerts=1;AllowHostNameCNMismatch=1;CheckCertRevocation=1;KrbFQDN=_HOTS;KrbServiceName=impala;ServicePrincipalCanonicalization=1'
I hope someone has used this driver successfully before and can shed some light here.
If you need additional information, let me know.
How to detect / determine if requested ODBC driver is not available? Not installed? Is there a specific function / error code to check for?
I asked this on the ADO.UDF support page, but I think the issue is not limited to that UDF. What test can be run to determine if the requested ODBC data driver is available?
Im about to start making an autoit script that will read the current ODBC settings, have a drop down to select a different one which would then update the ODBC in windows to use the new settings.
Can anyone point me in the direction of how to read the ODBC 32 bit settings? are they in the registry?
Local $sAxName Local $oMSComm $sAxName = "MSCOMMLib.MSComm.1" $oMSComm = ObjCreate($sAxName) MsgBox(0, Default, StringFormat("Name: %s, Obj %d, Err %d", $sAxName, IsObj($oMSComm), @error)) I'm talking to serial ports (for Arduino) using the MSComm object. It all runs fine from SciTE or .exe. If I compile to .a3x the object is not created. I could manage without .a3x but I like it because it compiles faster.
I'm trying to connect to Firebird database via AutoIt. Something that was supposed to be a cakewalk so far ended with no succes, as usual hoping for your help.
I'm using the following Firebird Direct Access for Visual Basic DLL: http://sourceforge.net/projects/fbdll4vb/files/. And the code below comes from Stephen Podhajecki (Eltorro) Firebird UDF (only parts I need at the moment):
The code above gives me this:
The specific kind of server\database I need to connect to is belong to following application if that matters: http://www.projetex.com/, it is using Firebird 2.5. While ODBC\123 comes from following settings in the Server Administrator utility:
I've installed a VM with above mentioned application, server and databse running on it so I have admin rights to access it for testing. Nevertheless when I tried to use a gsec (a command prompt utility that comes with the app) to display a list of users it only gave me this:
gsec -user Admin -password admin -database "C:\Program Files\AIT\Projetex 9\Projetex Server\Database\Projetex.fdb" -display
use gsec -? to get help
Your user name and password are not defined. Ask your database administrator to setp up a Firebird login.
unable to open database.
So I changed it to ODBC, and there was some progress:
gsec -user ODBC -password 123 -database "C:\Program Files\AIT\Projetex 9\Projetex Server\Database\Projetex.fdb" -display
invalid request BLR at offset 37
table USERS is not defined
I tried to add a user mjolnir\123 and this time there was no progress:
gsec -user ODBC -password 123 -database "C:\Program Files\AIT\Projetex 9\Projetex Server\Database\Projetex.fdb" -add mjolnir -pw 123
An error occured while attempting to add the user.
invalid request BLR at offset 51
table USERS is not defined
It seems I'm not quite understand how the damn thing works. The Server Administrator utility have plenty of users including the admin, all of the have access to read the database and could do this via Projetex client, neither cann't do this nor via gsec, not programmaticlly via AutoIt code above. And then it says smth about "table USERS" which is not defined apparently, looks like database users is not the same thing as server users and I'm doing it wrong.