Sign in to follow this  
careca

What is the best way to check for 3 pieces of text in a string?

careca

Hi, im struggling with this issue, StringInStr could do the trick, but it doesn't seem to support 3 different strings to compare, StringRegExp is messy, i tried some ways, help was no help, so i hope you can.

So this will exemplify what i need:

$StrDropCheckFolder = StringInStr($__aGUIDropFiles[$i], ".mp3;.wav;.wma", 2)

Anything that contains those = true

I made the StringRegExp work, but only with one string at a time.

Couldn't find in help file the corresponding OR parameter.. and OR doesn't work in StringInStr.

Best regards.

Spoiler

Paster - Main function is to paste text, but has more functions. (No longer mantained, switched to String Trigger)

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Firefox Profile Backup - Backup/restore previously saved profile.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

czardas

In StringRegExp, pipe is used for OR. ==> ".mp3|.wav|.wma"

Edited by czardas
  • Like 1

jguinch

Something like this ?

Local $aFiles[] = [ "1.mp3", "2.txt", "3.wav", "4.wma", "5.doc"]
For $i = 0 To UBound($aFiles) - 1
    If StringRegExp($aFiles[$i], "(?i)\.(?:wav|mp3|wma)$") Then ConsoleWrite($aFiles[$i] & @CRLF)
Next
Edited by jguinch
  • Like 1

careca

Hi, thank you all, it is exactly that, now i've been looking at the help file, and what "czardas" posted is what is called a "Non-capturing group with reset" yes?

and what "jguinch" posted is a "Non-capturing group", have to be honest, i've seen them in the help file, but didn't have a clue it was what i was looking for.

Also im trying to understand what is what, and i've used (?i) to make whats next to it case in-sensitive, but why is "." this used between it and the grouped items?

About the $ at the end.. help file says: "Outside a character class, the dollar matches at the end of the subject text, and also just before a newline sequence if option (?m) is active."

So, like a final dot in a sentence? :P

Thanks

EDIT: after looking at it again, it seems the trailing backlash represents whats before the dot, and the dot, represents the extension dot, and is where it is, because it is common to the text in the group.

Edited by careca

Spoiler

Paster - Main function is to paste text, but has more functions. (No longer mantained, switched to String Trigger)

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

Au3Record.exe

mikell

About the $ at the end of the pattern, just try this with and without the $  :)

$str = "test.mp3.bak"
Msgbox(0,"", StringRegExp($str, "(?i)\.(?:wav|mp3|wma)$") )

careca

About the $ at the end of the pattern, just try this with and without the $  :)

$str = "test.mp3.bak"
Msgbox(0,"", StringRegExp($str, "(?i)\.(?:wav|mp3|wma)$") )

Yes, with it, it only searches the last bit, without it, searches all. Thank you

Spoiler

Au3Record.exe

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      Hello all! I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday festivities. 
      I'm working on a script that involves copying a string of text from an Excel workbook and searching for it in a particular website's search tool. If a result is found, it will do something. If not, it will do something else.
      So far, it can successfully execute the search -- and then it shows me the results in an array.
      Screenshot of the successful search:

The search results in an array:

Here's the code (sorry for all my comments):
      ;~ All the functions this app performs require the external files listed here. So, theyre "included". #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIFiles.au3> #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <DateTimeConstants.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <WinAPIShellEx.au3> #include <Date.au3> #include <ComboConstants.au3> #include <Misc.au3> #include <WinAPIProc.au3> #include <WinAPISys.au3> #include <WinAPIConstants.au3> #include <Crypt.au3> #include <ColorConstants.au3> #include <guimenu.au3> #include <IE.au3> ;~ Kill all functions and close the app at anytime by pressing F4. HotKeySet("{F4}", "_Exit") ;~ Keep track whether or not a file is selected. When the program first opens, a file is currently not selected. Global $FileChosen = 0 ;~ The app must remember certain strings of text: ;~ 1. Login page Global $urlBBLogin = "website.com" ;~ 2. Credentials Global $bbUsername = "USER" Global $bbPassword = "PW" ;~ 3. Search page Global $urlBBCourseSearch = "website.com/search" ;~ When you launch the app, the UI gets built and is displayed to the user in the center of the screen. the "Function" buttons are disabled until a file is chosen. $MasterUI = GUICreate("Master Re-Creator", 469, 145, -1, -1) $Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Choose the Excel file", 8, 8, 103, 17) $Select = GUICtrlCreateButton("Select File", 16, 32, 75, 25) $FileName = GUICtrlCreateLabel("[No File Selected]", 104, 40, 88, 17) $Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("Functions", 8, 72, 449, 65) $CheckCourse = GUICtrlCreateButton("Check Courses Exist", 24, 96, 123, 25) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) $DeleteCourse = GUICtrlCreateButton("Delete Courses", 168, 96, 123, 25) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) $CopyCourse = GUICtrlCreateButton("Copy Courses", 312, 96, 123, 25) GUICtrlSetState(-1, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ;~ While the UI is open, it listens for triggers (in this case, button presses). While 1 $UI = GUIGetMsg() Select ;~ If the app is closed, the _Exit() function is performed (same function the F4 hotkey calls). Case $UI = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE _Exit() ;~ The user has clicked the "Select File" button, the _LocateGetFileName() function is performed. Go there. Case $UI = $Select _LocateGetFileName() ;~ The user has clicked the "Check Courses Exist" button. Case $UI = $CheckCourse _CheckCourses() ;~ Other buttons are not ready EndSelect WEnd ;~ The user clicked the "Select File" button. This function will execute now. Func _LocateGetFileName() ;~ Prepare the app to take note of the details of a file. Local $sDrive = "", $sDir = "", $sFileName = "", $sExtension = "" ;~ Open a File Explorer to allow the user to select a file. Only Excel files are allowed to be chosen. Global $ChosenFileName = FileOpenDialog("Locate File", @DesktopDir, "Excel Files (*.xlsx)|Excel Macro Files (*.xlsm)", BitOR(1, 2), "") If @error Then Return 0 EndIf ;~ When an Excel file is selected, remember of the files location (path), file name, and file extension. $aPathSplit = _PathSplit($ChosenFileName, $sDrive, $sDir, $sFileName, $sExtension) ;~ Show me what file I selected in a Message Box. MsgBox(0, "Selected File", $sFileName) ;~ Display the chosen file name in the UI label (previously [No File Selected]) and make it green. GUICtrlSetData($FileName, "") $FileName = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sFileName, 104, 40) $FileName = GUICtrlSetColor($FileName, 0x32CD32) ;~ A file is now selected. The "Function" buttons are now enabled. Global $FileChosen = 1 GUICtrlSetState($CheckCourse, $GUI_ENABLE) GUICtrlSetState($DeleteCourse, $GUI_ENABLE) GUICtrlSetState($CopyCourse, $GUI_ENABLE) EndFunc ;==>_LocateGetFileName ;~ The user clicked the "Check Courses" button. This function will execute now. Func _CheckCourses() ;~ Disable the "Function" buttons again to prevent multiple processes. GUICtrlSetState($CheckCourse, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlSetState($DeleteCourse, $GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlSetState($CopyCourse, $GUI_DISABLE) ;~ Open a IE window and navigate to the login page. Global $oIE = _IECreate($urlBBLogin) ;~ Recognize the form on this page (login input boxes). Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "login") Local $oTextLogin = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "user_id") Local $oTextPass = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "password") ;~ Enter the Automation user credentials into the form. _IEFormElementSetValue($oTextLogin, $bbUsername) _IEFormElementSetValue($oTextPass, $bbPassword) ;~ Click the Login button. _IEFormSubmit($oForm) ;~ Now that were logged in, navigate to the course search page. _IENavigate($oIE, $urlBBCourseSearch) ;~ Change the search criteria to "Course ID" _bbCourseSearchCategoryChange("Course ID") ;~ Open the selected Excel file Local $oAppl = _Excel_Open() Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oAppl, $ChosenFileName, Default, Default, True) ;~ Copy just whats in cell A1 (for now) _Excel_RangeCopyPaste($oWorkbook.Worksheets(1), "A1") Global $WhatsCopied = ClipGet() ;~ Paste whats copied into the search text box and click submit Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "courseManagerFormSearch") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "courseInfoSearchText") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $WhatsCopied) _IEFormSubmit($oForm) ;~ Lets see what we got from the search Local $oBBTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 2) Local $aBBTableData = _IETableWriteToArray($oBBTable) _ArrayDisplay($aBBTableData) EndFunc ;==>_CheckCourses ;~ This function allows changing the search criteria. Func _bbCourseSearchCategoryChange($sCategoryToSearch) Local $aSearchCategory[6] = ["Course ID", "Course Name", "Description", "Instructor", "Data Source Key", "Term"] Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "courseManagerFormSearch") Local $oSearchCategory = _IEGetObjByName($oForm, "courseInfoSearchKeyString") _IEAction($oSearchCategory, "focus") _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oSearchCategory, $aSearchCategory[$sCategoryToSearch], 1, "byText") EndFunc ;==>_bbCourseSearchCategoryChange ;~ All exit commands, including F4, calls this function Func _Exit() Exit EndFunc ;==>_Exit  
      My main question is: How do I create an If... Then based on what is found in the search results? I need additional tasks to run if Col 1, Row 2 in the array contains the exact string I searched for. (Am I going about this the right way?)
      My next question (I might make a new thread for): How do I make the whole thing loop, as in, copy the next cell in the Excel sheet and do the whole thing over again until there's no more? I understand that a For/Next loop thingy would be used. I just don't know how. Loops are really confusing to me.
      Thank you all for your guidance and have a happy new year!
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I need help turning this string "20180913221626" into a formatted time string.
      I need to go from this: 20180913221626
      to this: 09/13/2018 10:16 PM
      I do not always know what the date will be so I can not just use a variable I need to actually convert/format. 
      I did see an older post in the forms that was basically the same question only the other guy did not post the working code and I can not figure out how to use _AD_GetObjectProperties properly to get what I want. 
      As always any help would be appreciated. 
      Here is the code I use to find the date, but it always gives me the unformatted version. 
      ;retrieve the items object $oItem = $oOutlook.Session.GetItemFromID($aItems[1][0], Default) $oItem.GetInspector $eSentOn = $oItem.SentOn ; When was the email sent? MsgBox("", "Sent On of the email", $eSentOn) ;******************************************************************************* ; Formats the date and time from the email ;******************************************************************************* ;Local $fDatenTime = _DateTimeFormat($eSentOn, 1) ;MsgBox("", "Formatted email time", $fDatenTime) $aProperties = _AD_GetObjectProperties($eSentOn) _ArrayDisplay($aProperties, "Did the conversion work?")  
    • Miliardsto
      By Miliardsto
      I got that func
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, "HERE") EndFunc and I call this func like that
      makeHelpImgGUI("Image",1190, 800,$SETTINGS_JPG)  
      so what is the problem in the parameter where is - "HERE" I need value of img but passed as string
      so $img = $SETTINGS_JPG and how make it "SETTINGS_JPG"

I tried something like that but not work
      Func makeHelpImgGUI($title,$width,$height,$img) $name_str = String($img) $name_str = StringTrimLeft ($name_str, 1 ) $img = GUICtrlCreatePic("",20,40,$width,$height) _ResourceSetImageToCtrl($img, $name_str) EndFunc  
    • therks
      By therks
      So I have this pattern: 
      ^(?:(\d+)|(\d+):(\d+)|(\d+):(\d+):(\d+))$ And I'm expecting (depending on input) to get a 1, 2 or 3 index array (or @error for invalid input).
      But instead I get this:
      #include <Debug.au3> Func Test($String) _DebugArrayDisplay(StringRegExp($String, '^(?:(\d+)|(\d+):(\d+)|(\d+):(\d+):(\d+))$', 1)) EndFunc Test('10') ; Results (normal, expected): ; Row 0|10 Test('10:20') ; Results (extra blank index): ; Row 0| ; Row 1|10 ; Row 2|20 Test('10:20:30') ; Results (three blank indices): ; Row 0| ; Row 1| ; Row 2| ; Row 3|10 ; Row 4|20 ; Row 5|30 Is this normal? Should I just code around it, or is there a better way to do what I'm looking for?
      I also tried reversing my regex, but it was even uglier results:
      #include <Debug.au3> Func Test($String) _DebugArrayDisplay(StringRegExp($String, '^(?:(\d+):(\d+):(\d+))|(\d+):(\d+)|(\d+)$', 1)) EndFunc Test('10') ; Results (yuck): ; Row 0| ; Row 1| ; Row 2| ; Row 3| ; Row 4| ; Row 5|10 Test('10:20') ; Results (slightly better): ; Row 0| ; Row 1| ; Row 2| ; Row 3|10 ; Row 4|20 Test('10:20:30') ; Results (nice): ; Row 0|10 ; Row 1|20 ; Row 2|30  
    • liagason
      By liagason
      Hello everyone,
      How can I display in ascending  sequence some numbers stored in a string variable?
      $str = "18,03,48,23" MsgBox(0,"test",$str) I would like it to display "03,18,23,48"