RegEx and MAC Address

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Regular expressions, I hate them, seriously  :ranting:

I have a MAC address in this format:

"A2B3B56B7C3A"

And I would like to change it in:

"A2-B3-B5-6B-7C-3A"

The MAC address can be a little longer than that one, but we are sure that the total digit number is an even number.

I've tried a lot of patterns but I have not tried the right one.

This is the closest one I've tried but the output shows a final hyphen (I could cut it through StringTrimLeft but I would like to do it using just RegEx).

ConsoleWrite(StringRegExpReplace("A2B3B56B7C3A", "(.{2})", "$1-"))

I don't understand why this pattern doesn't work :(

ConsoleWrite(StringRegExpReplace("A2B3B56B7C3A", "^(?:.{2})(.{2})+?", "-$1"))

Thanks in advance  ^_^

Edited by j0kky

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Two steps, but could you will find someone widdle it down to 1:

$string = "A2B3B56B7C3A"
$a = StringRegExp($string,"(\w{2,2})",3)
$mac = _ArrayToString($a,"-")
ConsoleWrite($mac & @CRLF)

I have no idea why _ArraytoString is byref...let's remove that:

$string = "A2B3B56B7C3A"
$mac = _ArrayToString2(StringRegExp($string,"(\w{2,2})",3),"-")
ConsoleWrite($mac & @CRLF)

Func _ArrayToString2($avArray, $sDelim = "|", $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 0)
    If Not IsArray($avArray) Then Return SetError(1, 0, "")
    If UBound($avArray, 0) <> 1 Then Return SetError(3, 0, "")

Local $sResult, $iUBound = UBound($avArray) - 1

; Bounds checking
    If $iEnd < 1 Or $iEnd > $iUBound Then $iEnd = $iUBound
    If $iStart < 0 Then $iStart = 0
    If $iStart > $iEnd Then Return SetError(2, 0, "")

; Combine
    For $i = $iStart To $iEnd
        $sResult &= $avArray[$i] & $sDelim
    Next

Return StringTrimRight($sResult, StringLen($sDelim))
EndFunc   ;==>_ArrayToString
Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

The output for the string is the same, but the pattern is not.  Although {2} and {2,2} is the same.

Like I said, someone will get it down to one function.  Not me.

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

JJust say you don't want to add an hyphen at the end

StringRegExpReplace("A2B3B56B7C3A", "(\w{2})(?!$)", "$1-")

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

You can also use this one based on an example (from Malkey ? not sure) to insert the hyphens in the righ places

Msgbox(0,"", StringRegExpReplace("A2B3Bdd56B7C3A", "..\K(?!$)", "-") )
Edited by mikell

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• ISI360
      By ISI360
      Hi!

I need a little bit help from some RegEx experts please:
      I would make my ISN AutoIt Studio faster when generating the scripttree. And what would be better to do this via regex?
      Problem is i am not really good at this regex stuff. So maybe someone could help me here.

The challange is to get all Global Variables from a script via RegEx in a Array.
      Here is a example script with some tests:
      Global $Var1 = 1234 Local $Local_Var = 1234 $Ignore_me_too = 1234 Global $Var2 = 1234, $var3 = 1242 Global $ahIcons[30], $ahLabels[30] Global Const $Var4 = iniread($inivar1,"jj","jj","") , $var5= iniread($inivar2,"jj","jj","") Global $Var_String = "was" Global $Array_Test[16] = [1,15,16,0,31,15,25,15,25,30,8,30,8,15,1,15] Global Enum $MARGIN_SCRIPT_NUMBER = 0, $MARGIN_SCRIPT_ICON, $MARGIN_SCRIPT_FOLD Global Const $Delim = '\', $Delim1 = '|' Global $hard1 = "a", _ $hard2 = "b", _ $hard3 = "c"  
      The returning array should look like this:
      $Var1 $Var2 $var3 $Var4 $var5 $Var_String $Array_Test $MARGIN_SCRIPT_NUMBER $MARGIN_SCRIPT_ICON $MARGIN_SCRIPT_FOLD $Delim $Delim1 $hard1 $hard2 $hard3  
      I already made some success with a expression i found in the SciTE Jump Tool:  (\$\w+)(?:[\h\[.=+*/^,)\-])?
      This nearly returns the perfect results. But it does not check if it´s a global variable (with the const and enum options) and also returns variables in commands (for example $inivar1)
      I also found this regex: (?im:^(?=Global|Const|Enum|Static)(?:Global)?\h*(?:Const|Enum|Static)?(?:(?<=Enum)\h+Step\h+[+*-]\d+)?\h*)([^\r\n .\=]+)
      This returns also usefull results...but trying to understand this explodes my head

Maybe someone can help me here?
      Thanks in advance!
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      Can anyone tell me why this isn't working?..
      #include <array.au3> $regexp = StringRegExp("test 'a b c'", "'([^']|'')*'|\S+", 3) _ArrayDisplay($regexp) trying to split this "test 'a b c'  'some other '' test'' ...'" into:
      0: test
      1: 'a b c'
      2: ...
      but it gives me:
      0: test
      1: c
    • anthonyjr2
      By anthonyjr2
      Hi guys,
      I am pretty bad with regex, and am having some trouble trying to come up with an expression for a certain type of string. Basically I want to be able to tell if a string is of the format:
      AA#####A
      Where the A's are any letter from A-Z and the #'s are any digit from 0-9.
      I've been playing around with a regex tester online for a while but I can't really seem to grasp the concept very well. Could anyone give me any tips?
      This isn't exactly an AutoIt specific question which is why I didn't post it in General Help & Support.
    • ViciousXUSMC
      By ViciousXUSMC
      So I ran into this crazy "program" that cant be uninstalled via WMI, MSIExec, etc.
      The only way to uninstall it was from Add/Remove programs manually... Or I found if you find it in the registry under HKCU and run the  uninstall string, it will also uninstall.
      However the string in the registry cant be run directly in a cmd window because of the format errors.
      It has spaces without quotations, it has invalid characters, etc, etc 
      I know things run different when executed in the registry, so maybe there is a way I can run the regsitry key just like how the system does?  If so chime in.
      Otherwise I did this a crude way using several stringregexpreplace() functions and have it working.
      The solution feels so barbaric and crude that I wanted to post it so some of you guys better than me can clean up the code, maybe offer alternative ways to do it, or reduce the number of times I process the string.
      Here is the string right out of the registry:
      c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0\VSTOInstaller.exe /Uninstall file:///C:/Users/it022565/AppData/Local/Temp/OOBAXTOWordAddIn/ApplicationXtender.AXTO.Word.vsto Here is my cave man scripting to turn this into a run able string.

Func _UninstallOld() For $i = 1 to 100 ;Enumerate Registry $sEnumBase = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\" ;Look in HKCU for the uninstall string for the old version $sEnum = RegEnumKey($sEnumBase, $i) If @Error Then Return If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sEnum) If StringInStr(RegRead($sEnumBase & $sEnum, "DisplayName"), "Word Addin") Then ExitLoop Next If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sEnum) $sKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\" & $sEnum $sKey2 = RegRead($sKey, "UninstallString") If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "Original Install Location", $sKey2) $sKey3 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey2, "(?i)(c:.*exe)", '"$1"') If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey3) $sKey4 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey3, "(?i)file:///", "") If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey4) $sKey5 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey4, "%20", " ") If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey5) $sKey6 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey5, '(?i)((?<!")c:.*vsto)', '"$1"') If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey6) RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & '"' & $sKey6 & ' /s"', "", @SW_HIDE) EndFunc Basically step by step I add quotations, strip bad characters, etc.  Kind of proud for using look behind for once
      Looking forward to what you guys come up with.
    • tezhihi
      By tezhihi
      I have a file (see attached file) with a string all line and this problem on here is I want to separate all $00:, $03:, $10:, $20:, $25:, $30:, $40:, $45:, $110:, $115:, $120: and $T. It's mean that each $ with value start a new line ( a new paragraph). I tried with Regular Expression in notepad++ ex:
      Find ($00:, $01:, $03: and so on) with regex (\$)([0-9]+): and replace is \r\n\1\2 (I think \r\n is @CRLF (not sure :() ) Find $T with regex (\$T)(.*?)(\$T) and replace is \1\2\r\n\3 When I try these regex to replace in notepad on StringRegexReplace the results is incorrect . I have read some example simple about regex. Please advise me how to do that with some example on autoit . The result will be in attached photo. Thanks 
      ahihi.txt