RegEx and MAC Address

8 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Regular expressions, I hate them, seriously  :ranting:

I have a MAC address in this format:

"A2B3B56B7C3A"

And I would like to change it in:

"A2-B3-B5-6B-7C-3A"

The MAC address can be a little longer than that one, but we are sure that the total digit number is an even number.

I've tried a lot of patterns but I have not tried the right one.

This is the closest one I've tried but the output shows a final hyphen (I could cut it through StringTrimLeft but I would like to do it using just RegEx).

ConsoleWrite(StringRegExpReplace("A2B3B56B7C3A", "(.{2})", "$1-"))

I don't understand why this pattern doesn't work :(

ConsoleWrite(StringRegExpReplace("A2B3B56B7C3A", "^(?:.{2})(.{2})+?", "-$1"))

Thanks in advance  ^_^

Edited by j0kky

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Two steps, but could you will find someone widdle it down to 1:

$string = "A2B3B56B7C3A"
$a = StringRegExp($string,"(\w{2,2})",3)
$mac = _ArrayToString($a,"-")
ConsoleWrite($mac & @CRLF)

I have no idea why _ArraytoString is byref...let's remove that:

$string = "A2B3B56B7C3A"
$mac = _ArrayToString2(StringRegExp($string,"(\w{2,2})",3),"-")
ConsoleWrite($mac & @CRLF)

Func _ArrayToString2($avArray, $sDelim = "|", $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 0)
    If Not IsArray($avArray) Then Return SetError(1, 0, "")
    If UBound($avArray, 0) <> 1 Then Return SetError(3, 0, "")

Local $sResult, $iUBound = UBound($avArray) - 1

; Bounds checking
    If $iEnd < 1 Or $iEnd > $iUBound Then $iEnd = $iUBound
    If $iStart < 0 Then $iStart = 0
    If $iStart > $iEnd Then Return SetError(2, 0, "")

; Combine
    For $i = $iStart To $iEnd
        $sResult &= $avArray[$i] & $sDelim
    Next

Return StringTrimRight($sResult, StringLen($sDelim))
EndFunc   ;==>_ArrayToString
Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

The output for the string is the same, but the pattern is not.  Although {2} and {2,2} is the same.

Like I said, someone will get it down to one function.  Not me.

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

JJust say you don't want to add an hyphen at the end

StringRegExpReplace("A2B3B56B7C3A", "(\w{2})(?!$)", "$1-")

#7 ·  Posted (edited)

You can also use this one based on an example (from Malkey ? not sure) to insert the hyphens in the righ places

Msgbox(0,"", StringRegExpReplace("A2B3Bdd56B7C3A", "..\K(?!$)", "-") )
Edited by mikell

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      Can anyone tell me why this isn't working?..
      #include <array.au3> $regexp = StringRegExp("test 'a b c'", "'([^']|'')*'|\S+", 3) _ArrayDisplay($regexp) trying to split this "test 'a b c'  'some other '' test'' ...'" into:
      0: test
      1: 'a b c'
      2: ...
      but it gives me:
      0: test
      1: c
    • anthonyjr2
      By anthonyjr2
      Hi guys,
      I am pretty bad with regex, and am having some trouble trying to come up with an expression for a certain type of string. Basically I want to be able to tell if a string is of the format:
      AA#####A
      Where the A's are any letter from A-Z and the #'s are any digit from 0-9.
      I've been playing around with a regex tester online for a while but I can't really seem to grasp the concept very well. Could anyone give me any tips?
      This isn't exactly an AutoIt specific question which is why I didn't post it in General Help & Support.
    • ViciousXUSMC
      By ViciousXUSMC
      So I ran into this crazy "program" that cant be uninstalled via WMI, MSIExec, etc.
      The only way to uninstall it was from Add/Remove programs manually... Or I found if you find it in the registry under HKCU and run the  uninstall string, it will also uninstall.
      However the string in the registry cant be run directly in a cmd window because of the format errors.
      It has spaces without quotations, it has invalid characters, etc, etc 
      I know things run different when executed in the registry, so maybe there is a way I can run the regsitry key just like how the system does?  If so chime in.
      Otherwise I did this a crude way using several stringregexpreplace() functions and have it working.
      The solution feels so barbaric and crude that I wanted to post it so some of you guys better than me can clean up the code, maybe offer alternative ways to do it, or reduce the number of times I process the string.
      Here is the string right out of the registry:
      c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VSTO\10.0\VSTOInstaller.exe /Uninstall file:///C:/Users/it022565/AppData/Local/Temp/OOBAXTOWordAddIn/ApplicationXtender.AXTO.Word.vsto Here is my cave man scripting to turn this into a run able string.

Func _UninstallOld() For $i = 1 to 100 ;Enumerate Registry $sEnumBase = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\" ;Look in HKCU for the uninstall string for the old version $sEnum = RegEnumKey($sEnumBase, $i) If @Error Then Return If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sEnum) If StringInStr(RegRead($sEnumBase & $sEnum, "DisplayName"), "Word Addin") Then ExitLoop Next If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sEnum) $sKey = "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\" & $sEnum $sKey2 = RegRead($sKey, "UninstallString") If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "Original Install Location", $sKey2) $sKey3 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey2, "(?i)(c:.*exe)", '"$1"') If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey3) $sKey4 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey3, "(?i)file:///", "") If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey4) $sKey5 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey4, "%20", " ") If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey5) $sKey6 = StringRegExpReplace($sKey5, '(?i)((?<!")c:.*vsto)', '"$1"') If $iDebug = 1 Then MsgBox(0, "", $sKey6) RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & '"' & $sKey6 & ' /s"', "", @SW_HIDE) EndFunc Basically step by step I add quotations, strip bad characters, etc.  Kind of proud for using look behind for once
      Looking forward to what you guys come up with.
    • tezhihi
      By tezhihi
      I have a file (see attached file) with a string all line and this problem on here is I want to separate all $00:, $03:, $10:, $20:, $25:, $30:, $40:, $45:, $110:, $115:, $120: and $T. It's mean that each $ with value start a new line ( a new paragraph). I tried with Regular Expression in notepad++ ex:
      Find ($00:, $01:, $03: and so on) with regex (\$)([0-9]+): and replace is \r\n\1\2 (I think \r\n is @CRLF (not sure :() ) Find $T with regex (\$T)(.*?)(\$T) and replace is \1\2\r\n\3 When I try these regex to replace in notepad on StringRegexReplace the results is incorrect . I have read some example simple about regex. Please advise me how to do that with some example on autoit . The result will be in attached photo. Thanks 
      ahihi.txt

• MyEarth
      By MyEarth
      Hello, i need to validate a string can be different things. I just need a True - False return value, no groups or things like that. It will be always one line at time to be processed by StringRegEx
      Valid:
      13:52|String
      02:52 XX|String
      13:52~SUN, MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI, SAT|String
      02:52 XX~SUN, MON, FRI|String
      22/04/2017 13:52|String
      22/04/2017 02:52 YY|String
      Not Valid
      22/04/2017 13:52~Dom|String
      I need to validate until and inclusively the | after that i don't care
      The XX and YY value are two $sVariable from my script
      SUN, MON, TUE, WED, THU, FRI, SAT are fixed value, the can be mixed but always in the same order like
      SUN
      SUN, TUE, WED
      SUN, SAT 
      The time can be 12 or 24 hours, the date is always in the same format DD/MM/YYYY. If there is a date can't be a day after that ( see not valid )
      Well i think is all
      Sorry if i don't provide a working code, regex is too way complex.
      Thanks