Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deye

check RequireAdmin

6 posts in this topic

quoting the help file about #RequireAdmin:

"In case system doesn't have elevation mechanism (e.g. disabled UAC) new process will run under the same user as the original."

just to be clear about correctnone-correct cases regarding #RequireAdmin:

1. if the user is running under a disabled UAC, he wont be able to run as another user with admin rights ?

2. using #RequireAdmin and a disabled UAC wont give any message that user hasn't got admin privileges to run.., but then the script continue's (the script needs a routine to figure this out) ?

thanks

quoting the help file about #RequireAdmin:

"In case system doesn't have elevation mechanism (e.g. disabled UAC) new process will run under the same user as the original."

just to be clear about correctnone-correct cases regarding #RequireAdmin:

1. if the user is running under a disabled UAC, he wont be able to run as another user with admin rights ?

2. using #RequireAdmin and a disabled UAC wont give any message that user hasn't got admin privileges to run.., but then the script continue's (the script needs a routine to figure this out) ?

thanks

1. false.

2.part1 true.

2.part2 don't understand.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

JohnOne

let me try and rephrase the second part 

since there is no (or - might be) built-in command to check  if UAC is disabled when using #RequireAdmin then the script needs a special routine added to check if it can run as elevated ..(as it necessarily need to be.. - elevated)

thanks

Without being able to test UAC being disabled, I believe a script with #RequireAdmin will simply not run if it cannot be elevated.  You could always verify this with IsAdmin() like in the help file example for #RequireAdmin.

If you are looking to see if script was run with admin, there are some good examples on the forum.

And here's a small one I just found in a christmas cracker.

;#RequireAdmin

MsgBox(0,0, _RunningAsAdmin())

Func _RunningAsAdmin()
    $tmp = @ProgramFilesDir & "\" & @ScriptName & ".tmp"

$Success = FileWrite($tmp, "")
    FileDelete($tmp)

Return $Success
EndFunc   ;==>_RunningAsAdmin

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• DrLarch
      By DrLarch
      Is it possible to make an AutoIt script/exe always prompt for credentials regardless if the logged in account is admin or not? I know #requireadmin will prompt if the account isn't admin, but I need to run under different credentials regardless. I'm trying to have the script prompt for domain admin credentials even if the user is a local admin. I know how to do it via shortcut (ie. C:\Windows\System32\runas.exe /noprofile /user:domain\user "%windir%\system32\notepad.exe"), but would like it to be all contained cleanly with the one AutoIt script, if possible.
      Oops - sorry, started this in the wrong section. Can an admin please move?
    • hemichallenger
      By hemichallenger
      Hello everyone,
      Question: When adding #RequireAdmin within the script. It runs everything in the script with administrator rights. That's good because there are some functions i like to run with administrator rights. But I'm curious if it possible If within the script i had a option to open IE or Firefox for example. I don't want that to open with administrator rights. Is it possible when you select to open IE or Firefox, it opens that in a standard user?
      V/r
    • handofthrawn
      By handofthrawn
      I have a script that starts up all my work programs.  Programs like ventrilo, trillian, and other work stuff.  In the past week, I noticed two of these programs not starting up while 6 of them work the same.  I investigated and I notice these only start when I run the script as administrator (or add #requireadmin).  I use windows 7 and have no UAC.  I have not changed anything to my OS except install updates.  I'm so confused why only some of these programs now start up and require admin.  If I double click the executable or run in command prompt, they startup fine. 
      Does anyone have a clue what happened to cause this change and if I can change it back? 
      Below is the code I ran as a test.  Only the last program now starts up unless I add #requireadmin or right click and run the script as admin.  Thanks for any help.

#include <Misc.au3>
      RUN("C:\Program Files\Ventrilo\Ventrilo.exe")
      Sleep(1000)
      RUN("C:\Program Files (x86)\Trillian\trillian.exe")
      RUN("C:\Program Files (x86)\Stealth Alerts\SAClient.exe") ;  This works just fine

• coffeeturtle
      By coffeeturtle
      Currently, if a program kicks off the UAC, the UAC properly lists the Program name, File origin and Program location. However, the Publisher for my compiled scripts comes up as Unknown.
      Is there a way to register/publish a script so that this field can be populated when the UAC is requested?
      Thank you.
      C-T
    • JoshuaBarnette
      By JoshuaBarnette
      I have been using AutoIT for several years now, although mostly with Windows XP. As my company is undertaking a massive Windows 7 conversion, I find that some of the features of AutoIT do not seem to work as I would think they should, which brings about my question today...
      I use the AutoIt3Wrapper with my compiled scripts and everything works well generally; however, I have a need to include two commands in an AutoIT script that have to be RunAsAdmin. I have the AutoITWrapper set as "#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_requestedExecutionLevel=requireAdministrator" and I am prompted for UAC elevation. The commands; however, do not seem to be elevating.
      RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No', @HomeDrive, @SW_HIDE) RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures', @HomeDrive, @SW_HIDE) If I post the commands into an elevated command prompt they work correctly, but via the script they seem to be ignored.
      I appreciate any ideas and/or assistance.
      Thanks In Advance!!!