Thanks,
Nice : simple and no loss of quality.
A clone of Fastone image capture would be nice!

Thanks for this example of GDI+ processing

A minor point: I found with the first couple of examples that if the lower boundary of the crop area is below the edge of the GUI then no result is written, yet no error is generated.  I mention this because upon first use, nothing appeared to work ... and then I happened upon this condition as the cause.

Thanks,
Nice : simple and no loss of quality.
A clone of Fastone image capture would be nice!

Thanks ldub,

The purpose was not to rewrite Faststone Image Capture but more or less emulate the crop of Faststone Image Viewer.

You may wish to have a look at MrCreatoR screen capture Utility that comes pretty close to Faststone Capture

Contributions

CheckUpdate - SelfUpdating script ------- Self updating script

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

MsgBox with CountDown ------------------- MsgBox with visual countdown

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Input Period udf ------------------------------ GUI for a period input

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

Excel Chart UDF ----------------------------- Collaboration project with water 

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

TaskListAllDetailed --------------------------- List All Scheduled Tasks

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

Oracle SQL Report Generator -------------  Oracle Report generator using SQL

SQLite Report Generator -------------------  SQLite Report generator using SQL

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Animated animals ----------------------------- Fun: Moving animated objects

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

Thanks for this example of GDI+ processing

A minor point: I found with the first couple of examples that if the lower boundary of the crop area is below the edge of the GUI then no result is written, yet no error is generated.  I mention this because upon first use, nothing appeared to work ... and then I happened upon this condition as the cause.

I will check what you mean when I have a free moment​, but it shouldn't be too hard to do some basic error checking.

Contributions

Dynamic input validation ------------------- Use a Input masks can make your life easier and Validation can be as simple

Display Multiline text cells in ListView ---- Example of pop-up or ToolTip for multiline text items in ListView

Presentation Manager ---------------------- Program to display and refresh different Border-less GUI's on a Display (large screen TV)

USB Drive Tools ------------------------------ Tool to help you with your USB drive management

Excel ColorPicker ---------------------------- Color pickup tool will allow you to select a color from the standard Excel color palette

GetDateInString ------------------------------ Find date/time in a string using a date format notation like DD Mon YYYY hh:mm

Computer Info --------------------------------- A collection of information for helpdesk

Shared memory Demo ----------------------- Demo: Two applications communicate with each other through means of a memory share (using Nomad function, 32bit only)

Universal Date Format Conversion -------- Universal date converter from your PC local date format to any format

Disable Windows DetailsPane -------------- Disable Windows Explorer Details Pane

SQLite ListView and BLOB demo ---------- Demo: shows how binary (image) objects can be recognized natively in a database BLOB field

DSN-Less Database connection demo --- Demo: ActiveX Data Objects DSN-Less Database access

Perforated image in GUI --------------------- Fun: Perforate your image with image objects

UEZ's Perforator major update ------------- Fun: Pro version of Perforator by UEZ

Visual Crop Tool (GUI) ----------------------- Easy to use Visual Image Crop tool

Visual Image effect (GUI) -------------------- Visually apply effects on an image

I updated the udf to avoid trespassing the edge of the GUI while selecting the crop area.

Fix implemented on qwert's suggestion.

Contributions

Why it is not possible to mark area from right to left?

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Why it is not possible to mark area from right to left?

​I didn't think about left handed people, sorry.  Let me check.

Question, do you know by any chance what the best method is to obscure the non selected area of the picture?

Contributions

From right to left I mean select an point, click the left mouse button to mark the area by moving your mouse to the left upper area.

It work only to the right lower area.

Regarding the obscure the non selected area. What you can do is to clone the bitmap and blur the cloned bitmap. When selection has started copy the blurred image and afterwards copy the marked area from the non blurred bitmap. Might be high CPU consuming process.

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

From right to left I mean select an point, click the left mouse button to mark the area by moving your mouse to the left upper area.

It work only to the right lower area.

Regarding the obscure the non selected area. What you can do is to clone the bitmap and blur the cloned bitmap. When selection has started copy the blurred image and afterwards copy the marked area from the non blurred bitmap. Might be high CPU consuming process.

​Hi UEZ,

yes, I understood what you meant ;) , I am working on a fix, not that crazy to do, but need some time.

Concerning the darkening process, I though about overlaying a black png image and alpha blend it, need four squares to darken the surrounding area, I think this is less CPU consuming.

2015-05-20_104328.thumb.jpg.52a7f7e50407

However, I tried to do this yesterday evening, did not succeed, I am not able to make the image visible.  Stopped my search after 3 hours of frustration, sometimes it just not the right moment...

Contributions

Visual Crop UDF Update version 1.0.0.4
New:

• Mark crop area in any direction
  • resizing Corner grabbers (use with Ctrl Left Mouse button)
  • Mouse cursor changes over move and resizing area
  • Redraw when left mouse clicking outside of crop area (restart crop), Right Mouse click, same result.
  • Magnifier (de-)selectable with Ctrl-M or F2.

Contributions

I uploaded the script again, same version (sorry for the early downloaders) because no major changes..

• Inserted UDF description
  • One extra error check
  • Removed all global variables, there are none now.

Contributions

I finally realized the last missing feature, I found a way to obscure the non-crop area by using _GDIPlus_BitmapApplyEffectEx()

If you look at the code, you will find the picture tampering hereunder

#=====#monochromize unselected area=====================

and the reset hereunder

#=== reset image (remove monochrome) ===================

You may wonder why I repeat the 'monochromize' 2 times and 'reset' 3 times. I did not want to use global variables in the udf. I prefer to have the script a bit longer and avoid the use of globals. Of course if you disapprove, you can always create two functions and declare 10 global variables.

Unless bugs are found or someone comes with an interesting idea, ver 1.0.0.5 will be the last edit on this topic.

I leave version 1.0.0.4 (no obscuration) for whom is interested.  The last version might not be comfortable to use on slower PCs.

Edited by GreenCan

Contributions

Hi @GreenCan,

3 years later and this script is still awesome. Thanks I really like example 2!

May I ask if you can help me place some GUI components on the bottom of the crop screen? When I try, the refreshing keeps overwriting the button or labels. 

I have seen a frame UDF but that allows the user to resize the frames. I'd like to have your crop image on the top 90% of the screen and have the lower 10% of the screen an area to add some labels and buttons.

Thanks for any help and thanks again for the great code for the tool