RaiNote

Reading assembly Code

18 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello,

My question is would it be possible to read an assembly Code of an executable? Like

_AssemblyRead($Process,$PointerAdress,$Value) or _AssemblyRead($Executable,$PointerAdress,$Value) ==> _Assembly("MyTool.exe",0xB61016,"CALL 00B64974")

If not would it be possible to read the HEX Data? _HEXRead("MyTool.exe", 00C1E000,  00 00 00 00|00 00 F0 7F|00 00 00 00|00 00 00 00,        ð) $Process,$Adress,$HEXData,$HEXINASCII

Answers to the Forum Rules:

---> I am asking this to create an Anti-Cheat/Anti-Crack for my program. So that if it get the wrong assembly Code it will Close the Program.

---> Only reading no writing.

I hope someone can help me ;)

Edited by RaiNote

• C++/AutoIt/OpenGL Easy Coder
  • I will be Kind to you and try to help you
  • till what you want isn't against the Forum
  • Rules~

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

If billion dollar companies can't do it, what makes you think you're any different? Honestly the time you waste trying to add preventive measures, is time you could be applying to your application's feature set, so that people will want to pay (or whatever your reasoning is behind this).

Edited by guinness
I meant can't

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

Non selling of my programs just for some "Event" Codes etc which gives addionals Features, which can some People use before it publicly get released that would be one of the main reasons. °-°

• Rules~

By the way I meant "can't" in my previous post. Anyhow...I am clueless as to what you meant. Maybe someone else can help.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Are you trying to prevent anybody from modifying the EXE or something else?

There is  always the option to check the hash of the ran program, but of course that check can be updated as well :)

Jos

1 person likes this

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Just to check if something changed and prevent it from starting if it has been changed that's what i finally want.

Edited by RaiNote

• Rules~

@Jos How will you check the hash if you change the code for checking the hash? :muttley:

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

@Jos How will you check the hash if you change the code for checking the hash? :muttley:

Isn't that what I already stated? ...  there is no way to protect programs, you can only make it difficult. ;)

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

@Jos True, not a big problem for free software :lol:, Maybe use another script to check the hash? That would only complicate things instead of making it difficult I guess...

TD :)

Spoiler

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

yes, i know people who are able to read "0x578B7C240881C704050000" as

push edi
    mov edi, dword[esp+8]
    add edi,1284

I am not a compiler-developer so i can´t do it ,  i have to use a tool called "disassembler/debugger"

Write "0x578B7C240881C704050000" into a textfile, open this file with IDA Pro (free) and voila, "translated" into assembly.

Open an *.EXE or DLL-file into IDA Pro gives you full access to the code. 

And this is the point, where someone has to start with "protection". 

And Jos is right, " there is no way to protect programs, you can only make it difficult."

Well kind of said that back in post #2, but  seems the OP tried to ignore me.

@Guinness

mean me? well sorry i wasn't online. But to make it more clearly what i want to make.

Main Program just some program which is being checked by another Program which reads the assembly Code and If the CODE has some changes which is in the original Version can't be found at the adress it will be prevented from starting.(may from Registry preventing) at all i don't want to make it difficult at begin only to check if the Code has been changed. I hope i said it clearly engough :/

• Rules~

If you are using another program to check your program, then you can simply hash check using _Crypt_HashFile, TD :)

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

mean me? well sorry i wasn't online. But to make it more clearly what i want to make

Yes.

#15 ·  Posted (edited)

@TheDcoder well i don't want the hash but i found a solution for Assembly. ^^

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/86672-autoit-inline-assembly-udf/ but it Looks like only for using the language not to read a file. But maybe i could do this with an DLL and the DllCall Function or would that probably fail?

Edited by RaiNote

• Rules~

But to make it more clearly what i want to make....

... at begin only to check if the Code has been changed. ...

@TheDcoder well i don't want the hash but i found a solution for Assembly. ^^

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/86672-autoit-inline-assembly-udf/ but it Looks like only for using the language not to read a file. But maybe i could do this with an DLL and the DllCall Function or would that probably fail?

Now i am pretty sure that you have no idea of what you are talking about....

Do you have ever written some lines "Assembly"? And how could that solve your problem even if you would use the fasm.dll? 

Makes all no sense to me.

Btw. If you want to try Assembly in combination with an AutoIt-Script, try AssembleIt. You will find it in the german forum. Debugger included.

1 person likes this

@AndyG i know enough to handle this i also written with the Assembly language some console programs. :/ but think whatever you want. ^-^

• Rules~