Simpel

[Solved] returning data from compiled script

12 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi.

If I embedd a compiled autoit script into my new script, is there a possibility to pass some data from the compiled embedded exe to my script?

I know it's possible with an ini or txt-file. But is there something without creating a file? I plan to return an array or an unformatted string of datas with delimiters inside.

Any ideas?

Regards, Conrad

Edited by Simpel
solved

SciTE = 3.6.2.0/full   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win7Pro SP1   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE   H:\...\AutoIt3   H:\...\AutoIt3\Include   H: = Network Drive

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Consolewrite?

EDIT: One other thought: I have also used a GUI control to set data that can be read from another app before.  I don't believe the GUI or control has to be set to visible for it to work.

Edited by Jfish

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

Hi,

I have to get data from a data base with an authentification, I don't want to know. So one guy will write me a compiled AI-script passing me the data. I send via command line a question and I want to get back the data. How can he pass me the data? Is it clearer now?

Regards, Conrad

SciTE = 3.6.2.0/full   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win7Pro SP1   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE   H:\...\AutoIt3   H:\...\AutoIt3\Include   H: = Network Drive

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Where is the compiled app the other guy is writing that interacts with the database?  Is it on your machine?  I think you are saying it is an AI (Adobe Illustrator) script, correct?  How much data is it?  Can you use a network protocol to send and receive it?

Build your own poker game with AutoIt: pokerlogic.au3 | Learn To Program Using FREE Tools with AutoIt

Hi,

the compiled app is local on my machine. It is written in autoit (AI), too. I guess it is text or binary.

Regards, Conrad

Have you seen this?

StdinWrite

If both are in AutoIt, should not be difficult.

Alternatively pipe the commands 

find *.* | del *.* :) 

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Ok,

the examples tell me how to send something to a child and to receive it back. But what should the child do to get the data and to push it back to parent?

Can me someone give an example in two parts? First the parent, second the child executed by the parent.

Regards, Conrad

Conrad, You can do it this way. You must download AutoItObject UDF.

Parent.au3:

#include <Array.au3>
#include "AutoItObject.au3"

MsgBox( 0, "Parent", "This is parent" )

_AutoItObject_StartUp()

; Register object to transfer data
Global $sDataTransferObject = "DataTransferObject"
Global $oDataTransferClass, $oDataTransferObject, $hDataTransferObject
$oDataTransferClass = _AutoItObject_Class()
$oDataTransferClass.AddProperty( "ArrayData" )
$oDataTransferObject = $oDataTransferClass.Object
$hDataTransferObject = _AutoItObject_RegisterObject( $oDataTransferObject, $sDataTransferObject )

; Create array
Global $aArray[1000][10]
For $i = 0 To 1000 - 1
  For $j = 0 To 9
    $aArray[$i][$j] = $i & "/" & $j
  Next
Next
_ArrayDisplay( $aArray, "Array on parent" )

; Transfer data
$oDataTransferObject.ArrayData = $aArray

; Start child
ShellExecuteWait( "Child.au3" )

; ------- Parent waiting while child is executing -------

MsgBox( 0, "Parent", "This is parent again" )

; Receive data on parent
$aArray = $oDataTransferObject.ArrayData
_ArrayDisplay( $aArray, "Modified array on parent" )

; Unregister data transfer object
_AutoItObject_UnregisterObject( $hDataTransferObject )

_AutoItObject_Shutdown()

Exit

Child.au3:

#include <Array.au3>

MsgBox( 0, "Child", "This is child" )

; Data transfer object
Global $sDataTransferObject = "DataTransferObject"
Global $oDataTransferObject = ObjGet( $sDataTransferObject )

; Receive data on child
Global $aArray = $oDataTransferObject.ArrayData
_ArrayDisplay( $aArray, "Array on child" )

; Modify array on child
For $i = 0 To 100 - 1
  $aArray[$i][0] = "Modified"
  $aArray[$i][1] = "on"
  $aArray[$i][2] = "child"
Next
_ArrayDisplay( $aArray, "Modified array on child" )

; Transfer data
$oDataTransferObject.ArrayData = $aArray

Exit

1 person likes this

Sorry @LarsJ but I can't find  AutoItObject UDF. I get 1326 pages of results and I cant' find that UDF. Any suggestion?

Regards, Conrad

Thanks very much LarsJ and Jfish. Your examples work great and that UDF seemed to be a powerful thing.

Regards, Conrad