Chimp

How to convert from x y Excel coordinates R1C1 to A1 notation range?

Chimp

Hi
Does someone know if there is an easy way to convert numerical coordinates of row, column to an A1 notation range object (or at least to an A1 notation string)?
that is: if I have 2 numerical values for row and column, say row 3 and column 5, I would get an E3 string or better an $oRange object rappresenting that range (a single cell in this case)
Thanks on advance.

Edited by Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Danyfirex
Cells(Row,Column).Address 

EDIT

Excel udf has one to do it.

_Excel_ColumnToLetter

Saludos

Edited by Danyfirex
Edit

Danyfirex

I wrote this:

Func _GetNotation($oExcel,$iX,$iY)
    if IsObj($oExcel) Then
        Return StringReplace($oExcel.Cells($iX,$iY).Address,"$","")
    EndIf
EndFunc

Saludos

• Like 1

Chimp

Thanks a lot Danyfirex,
exactly what I was loocking for.

Saludos  :)

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

water

Or use functions _Excel_ColumnToLetter and _Excel_ColumnToNumber.

• Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Chimp

Thanks a lot water for pointing writing also those useful functions

cheers

Edited by Chimp

water

As I have dropped support for R1C1 notation in the new Excel UDF I had to provide such functions ;)

• Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Chimp

As I have dropped support for R1C1 notation in the new Excel UDF I had to provide such functions ;)

Well done water!

... Also, about this subject, I would advise those who have to deal with excel's ranges, this nice tutorial, also by @water

https://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/Excel_Range

Bioform

=cell("address", indirect(address(R,C)))

R is your row number, C = column number

=cell("address", indirect(address(6,2))) would return $B$6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      Hey. I'm working on a new project and was wondering if there is a better way to "update" my Column E array. 
      Here is my code: 
      Local $nI  = 0                                                            ;Creates a name index of 0: nI = Name index Local $nII = 1                                                            ;Creates a name index of 1 for second loop: nII = Name Index 2 For    $iN = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1                                       ;Checks the roster for any names that appear twice      For $iN2 = 0 To $IndexRows Step 1          if $d_Names[$nI] == $d_Names[$nII] And $d_Names[$nII] <> "" Then              Local $timeSheetName = _ArraySearch($e_Names, $d_Names[$nI], 0, 0, 0, 0, 1)              ;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Found it", $d_Names[$nI] & " In column E on Row " & $timeSheetName)              Local $eI  = $timeSheetName + 1              ;ConsoleWrite($timeSheetName & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite($eI & @CRLF)              ;ConsoleWrite(@CRLF)              _Excel_RangeInsert($OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "E" & $eI & ":F" & $eI, $xlShiftDown)                                                                          ;Inserts a empty cell in columns E and F.              _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $d_Names[$nII], "E" & $eI)                                                                         ;Fills the empty cell in columns E with the doubled name              $aArray_Index = 2                                           ;Array element counter              For $Index = 2 To $IndexRows Step 1                        ;Loops through every row in the Excel file unto no rows are found or a null row is found                  $Array_Value_E = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "E"&$Index)                  $e_names[$aArray_Index] = $Array_Value_E                ;While the code loops every value in column E is stored in the E array (updating the array)                  $aArray_Index += 1              Next              ExitLoop          EndIf      Next      $nI  += 1      $nII += 1 Next Basically, It checks a roster for people whose name appears twice then inserts a new "row" for that person because they work in two different departments.
      I have to find that name however in Column E if two appear in column D. My code works but I think it is not as efficient as it could be. 
      Any ideas on how to improve the "update" for my array?
      (once it finds the double names in Column D it then searches for that name by going name by name in the Column E array and once it finds it inserts a new row. However, the E array doesn't have that new row stored in it so I have to "update" the array to properly find the next name)
      Any and all tips would be greatly appreciated. 

NOTE: Just assume I'm opening the excel file properly please do not add that code in, it only complicates your answer. 
    • smud
      By smud
      Currently, I'm working on a program that will display Dialog boxes with either Yes or No.
      For each dialog, I reward the user with X amount of Credits.
      I'm hoping to output the amount of credits to a cell in a column (there will be 20 different columns).
      It will only post to a row that is equal to today's date (first column). If no row exists yet with the current date, it will start a new row.
      Any suggestions?
      Thank you
    • nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      How do I properly convert this to Autoit? This is a VBA macro that I recorded in Excel.
       ActiveSheet.Outline.ShowLevels RowLevels:=2 I need this to close my subtotal once it is finished. 
      any help will be greatly appreciated. 
    • Skeletor
      By Skeletor
      Hi All,
      While creating a few excel spreadsheets using AutoIt, I came across something which to my limiting time to research the forums I don't anyone has mentioned. 
      The color pallettes are reversed. 
      Huge shock to me.

I wanted to produce a red row but kept on getting blue. 
      Seems like 0xFF0000 was red on the charts but when running the script, I got blue. 
      I then played around with the colors, and after a few tries, I finally got Red. 
      Reversed the FF0000 and the result is 0000FF.

So for Excel compared to Html
      0000FF (Red) - Excel
      0000FF (Blue) - Html

FFFF00 (Cyan) - Excel
      FFFF00(Yellow) - Html

• Jemboy
      By Jemboy
      Yesterday I had to make some little changes to an old Autoit program we use at my work.
      The program reads some data and convert it to Excel.
      Before writing the cell, it is changed to text and later on I slap the column with an autofitwidth.
      Furthermore weI execute a conditional format on the sheet, to make the data more readable.
      I quickly found out that because of the breaking changes Excel.udf had starting from AutoIt 3.3.12.0,
      a lot of things had to been changed.
      The changes I had to do, only took 10 minutes.
      After trying to adjust the script for over 5 hours, to get it working with the new Excel.udf, I gave up.
      I stopped changing the script, uninstalled the my Autoit and went looking for an older version.
      Luckilly I was able to find Autoit v3.3.8.1 (with corresponding Scite) in my software repository.
      Installing Autoit V3.3.8.1 and compiling the file, now took me  10 minutes .

So why did I not get the old script working with the new Excel.udf?
      There are several reasons I failed getting the old script working with the new Excel UDF.
       I had some pressure from management to fix it ASAP (and got a little anxious)  Most all resources on the internet point to the working of the old EXcel.UDF And offcourse there were thosing "breaking changes",
      with new functions using diffrent parameters or using parameters in different order. One of the column's on the sheet is used to store EAN13 (barcode) and was formatted like 1,23E12.
      I couldn't change the cell to text, also autofitwidt was not working and using conditional formatting was also a no-no.
      So in the end I could use the new Excel UDF, but not desapointed management.

What would I like to ask?
      I understand that sometimes you want to rewrite a program to make it better. I even understand that one has to make breaking changes sometimes.
      But in this case because of lacking examples/resources my day went completely down the drain.
      I would like to ask the Excel.udf developpers to:
      Make more functions available to do things like changing cell properties easily, changing cell color, do an autofit columnwidth, format data conditionally. 
        Or write an Example using the (new) Excel UDF, making examples how to format a cell, do conditional format, changing cell colors etc.
        I probably am more of an example guy.
      Having a good Excel.UDF Example showing a lot of common things normally makes, programming things easy for me.
      Because I can keep tweaking snippets until I get it working the way I want it.

So dear developpers, could you help me and other future user out?