ur

How to run commands without CMD window

ur

When I execute any batch command then it is prompting a command window for 1 second till the command executes with the below command.

$CMD = "net localgroup administrators domainaname\usename /add"
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /q /c " & $CMD)

Is there any way to exeute the command without showing the window.

water

Set parameter 3 of RunWait to @SW_HIDE.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

ur

Set parameter 3 of RunWait to @SW_HIDE.

Previously I tried with below command hoping that second argument is mandatory and it didn't work.

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /q /c " & $CMD,@SW_HIDE)

It is working only when we give second argument also.

RunWait(@ComSpec & " /q /c " & $CMD,@ScriptDir,@SW_HIDE)

Thanks for the input.

ur

@water

Can you please tell how to keep admin manifest to our code when building it to exe.

water

Correct. When you do not want to specify the second argument then set it to "". That's how it is documented in the help file.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

water

Some aspects of the manifest can be set using the #pragma directive.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

ur

This one won't elevate the app, but it restrict the code block to write condition whether it is running in elevated mode or not.

But is there any way to keep otion while building so that user when double clicks the exe, then he should be prompted with UAC window.

water

That's what #RequireAdmin does. When you start the script you get the UAC prompt.
Run this script and you will get "1" if run as admin:

#RequireAdmin
MsgBox(0, "", "IsAdmin: " & IsAdmin())

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

jguinch

But is there any way to keep otion while building so that user when double clicks the exe, then he should be prompted with UAC window.

It's the job of #RequireAdmin, at the beginning of your script.