I need a guideline for storage of data.

Yes, my mistake. I'm sorry. No, the data don't need to be on the computer after the script ends.

I only need to use the data to put on a graph and when I press a save button, I will save the data, from the array or some kind, in a text file.

And when I think of it, I really don't think it is necessary that the data is sorted as my examples shows. I'm sorry for my own confusion.

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then 2D-arrays seems to be what you are looking for. Loop through the rows until the value is found then simply copy the data to the target cell and set the source cell to "".
Maybe the wiki for Arrays answers all your questions.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Nice thread!

LOL

@Valnurat

As you were asked before: Please describe your *TASK*.

From the very beginning to it's final end!

If you don't, it's virtually impossible to give you any valuable advice!

Regards, Rudi.

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

2 hours ago, water said:

Then 2D-arrays seems to be what you are looking for. Loop through the rows until the value is found then simply copy the data to the target cell and set the source cell to "".
Maybe the wiki for Arrays answers all your questions.

You see, that was also my idea, but I'm not interested to set the source to "". I would like to delete so it is empty.

I'm not sure how to find the Wiki for array.

Could you send me a link?

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

Define "empty".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

@Valnurat 

I think you should consider an ini file for this task. Why i am saying this because, you don't have excel in your pc. In an ini file, you have sections instead of columns. In each section, you have keys instead of rows.  So it will be easy to save, search, move data inside an ini file. Just look at IniRead, IniWrite functions.

And this what your ini file looks like.

Sec_1

key_1=val1

key_2=val2

key_3=val3

Sec_2

key_1=val1

key_2=val2

key_3=val3 

And so on..

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@Valnurat 

let me know your program's working scenario. From the very beginning , where this data coming from ?.  By user input or from any webpage or from any file ?

Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

We have at my work a small program that analyse some data from out ticket system. That number I need to enter in this application I will make. So I just need to have thesde numbers present for a short while.

The only problem right now as I see it, is how can I delete "" cell in a array and move the rest a place up, as I explained, if I should follow Mr. Water solution.

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

As far as i know, you are entering this data into your program. So what make you think like this 

6 hours ago, Valnurat said:

But I don't know the content from the start.

It's ok that water's solution will do the work. Anyway, mine is just another suggestion only.

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

Yes.  And why did you trying with arrays ? I am assuming that you need this data after restarting your program. Am i right ?

Spoiler

My Contributions

22 hours ago, Valnurat said:

You see, that was also my idea, but I'm not interested to set the source to "". I would like to delete so it is empty.

I'm not sure how to find the Wiki for array.

Could you send me a link?

Quite simple. Click on "wiki" at the top of this page, enter "arrays" into the search field and click "search" - that's it ;)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

2 hours ago, kcvinu said:

Yes.  And why did you trying with arrays ? I am assuming that you need this data after restarting your program. Am i right ?

I already answer that question.

On ‎21‎-‎05‎-‎2016 at 4:07 PM, Valnurat said:

Yes, my mistake. I'm sorry. No, the data don't need to be on the computer after the script ends.

I only need to use the data to put on a graph and when I press a save button, I will save the data, from the array or some kind, in a text file.

And when I think of it, I really don't think it is necessary that the data is sorted as my examples shows. I'm sorry for my own confusion.

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

2 hours ago, water said:

Quite simple. Click on "wiki" at the top of this page, enter "arrays" into the search field and click "search" - that's it ;)

LOL. Yes, true. Thank you.

But I don't see any example of how to delete cells in the arrays.

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.

You can't delete a row or column from an array. You have to copy the content of a cell and then you could use ReDim to remove the last row/column of the array.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You can't have an array with different UBound values in rows or columns. You can only reduce the UBound on full rows or columns.
As you pass the data to another program, which values does this program accept as "empty"? Space, NULL, 0 ...?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

So if my C0 have 2 values and my C1 have 4 and I do a UBound(C0) it will be 4?

If that true, then I need to run through all the columns in my array and search for cells that's not empty and then I have my "Ubound" so of speak?

Edited by Valnurat

Yours sincerely

Kenneth.