TheDcoder

WMI Object Code conversion to AutoIt

15 posts in this topic

Hello, I found a VB snippet which I would love to use in AutoIt :)

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process")
For Each objItem in colItems
     Wscript.Echo objItem.Name
     Wscript.Echo objItem.CommandLine
Next

Despite my best efforts, I am not able to understand a thing from that piece of code :(. All I know is that it outputs the Name and Commandline of all the processes currently running (Let's see if I am right).

Can anyone help me with convert this into AutoIt? Thanks in Advance! :D

AutoIt.4.Life Clubrooms - Life is like a Donut (secret key)

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

Are you sure you even tried? ;)

$strComputer = "."
$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process")
For $objItem in $colItems
     ConsoleWrite($objItem.Name & "-" & $objItem.CommandLine & @CRLF)
Next

Jos

1 person likes this

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

:blink:, is that simple!? :shocked:

I probably overthought it... I read the documentation on MSDN and totally got confused... Thank you very much Jos :thumbsup:.

Spoiler

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

@Jos

$strComputer is just a period. Why did you store it in a variable instead of directly using ?

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Oh, I thought that there is any secret behind that variable. :) 

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@kcvinu He just converted to code to AutoIt, kept it as original as possible :).

P.S What are you doing in the middle of the night at 2 PM?

P.P.S I see that @Jos has replied before I finished typing this :P

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

@TheDcoder 

ha ha ha..  I am working now. I had a busy schedule in these days. But i can't resist me to look at the forum.  AutoIt is circulating in my head. :) By the by what are you doing here ? :) 

My Contributions

Just now, kcvinu said:

By the by what are you doing here ? :) 

Currently on night shift mode, need to be on nights because of freelance work... most of my clients are from the US so this timezone is appropriate ;).

I am still trying to figure out WMI's database structure lol. @TheDcoder is trying to get the command line arguments of a process using its PID.

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Have a look at Scriptomatic in the Example scripts forum.
It generates WMI-AutoIt code for you.

1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

@TheDcoder

Just read "Windows Scripting with WMI" from MS-Press. 

1 person likes this

My Contributions

Thanks for the advice guys, saved it for later :)

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

#14 ·  Posted

Isn't it exactly what @water said in post #10 of this very same thread (371 days before you)?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

#15 ·  Posted

More than a year later I am no where better than I was at Post #1, lol :lol:. Still struggling to navigate through Microsoft's documentation for WMI COM API, I might try Script-o-matic, at the moment I cannot recall what I was looking to do with WMI.

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• timmalos
      By timmalos
      Hey all.
      I'm a little stuck starting with COM interfacing with Microsoft OneNote.
      The msdn doc is there : https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/jj680118.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
      I found, with the OleViewer what I need to access :
      // Generated .IDL file (by the OLE/COM Object Viewer) // // typelib filename: 3 [ uuid(0EA692EE-BB50-4E3C-AEF0-356D91732725), version(1.1), helpstring("Microsoft OneNote 15.0 Object Library"), custom(DE77BA64-517C-11D1-A2DA-0000F8773CE9, 134218339), custom(DE77BA63-517C-11D1-A2DA-0000F8773CE9, 2147483647), custom(DE77BA65-517C-11D1-A2DA-0000F8773CE9, Created by MIDL version 8.00.0611 at Mon Jan 18 19:14:07 2038 ), custom(0F21F359-AB84-41E8-9A78-36D110E6D2F9, Microsoft.Office.Interop.OneNote.dll) ] library OneNote { // TLib : // TLib : OLE Automation : {00020430-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} importlib("stdole2.tlb"); // Forward declare all types defined in this typelib interface IQuickFilingDialog; interface IQuickFilingDialogCallback; interface IApplication; interface Windows; interface Window; dispinterface IOneNoteEvents; typedef [uuid(552E0E02-B287-4EC6-9CC0-4BA019EE5EA1)] enum { hsSelf = 0, hsChildren = 1, hsNotebooks = 2, hsSections = 3, hsPages = 4 } HierarchyScope; typedef [uuid(41C8F6EA-0AF0-4A4F-99E9-5EB01EBFC9A3)] enum { heNone = 0, heNotebooks = 1, heSectionGroups = 2, heSections = 4, hePages = 8 } HierarchyElement; typedef [uuid(4DB67B4F-CC7D-45B5-88FE-569AE5798FF2)] enum { rrtNone = 0, rrtFiling = 1, rrtSearch = 2, rrtLinks = 3 } RecentResultType; typedef [uuid(B5EB9D34-5278-4D8A-AE1F-2F88EA56BBCE)] enum { cftNone = 0, cftNotebook = 1, cftFolder = 2, cftSection = 3 } CreateFileType; typedef [uuid(D6E78E55-7EE7-4A31-BF3E-B01E819599BA)] enum { piBasic = 0, piBinaryData = 1, piSelection = 2, piFileType = 4, piBinaryDataSelection = 3, piBinaryDataFileType = 5, piSelectionFileType = 6, piAll = 7 } PageInfo; typedef [uuid(D6166973-3665-4EDB-94B0-77C65C34B51C)] enum { pfOneNote = 0, pfOneNotePackage = 1, pfMHTML = 2, pfPDF = 3, pfXPS = 4, pfWord = 5, pfEMF = 6, pfHTML = 7, pfOneNote2007 = 8 } PublishFormat; typedef [uuid(E195F3E3-8EC3-4A67-81FE-DDBEC2B42D3F)] enum { slBackUpFolder = 0, slUnfiledNotesSection = 1, slDefaultNotebookFolder = 2 } SpecialLocation; typedef [uuid(452D048E-7F61-4258-94B9-A39E19C290DA)] enum { flEMail = 0, flContacts = 1, flTasks = 2, flMeetings = 3, flWebContent = 4, flPrintOuts = 5 } FilingLocation; typedef [uuid(82FC5A95-FEB7-4242-95E1-369C5DFE3F49)] enum { fltNamedSectionNewPage = 0, fltCurrentSectionNewPage = 1, fltCurrentPage = 2, fltNamedPage = 4 } FilingLocationType; typedef [uuid(226CC8E6-1ED0-4770-A7F1-A80BB4DDF07B)] enum { npsDefault = 0, npsBlankPageWithTitle = 1, npsBlankPageNoTitle = 2 } NewPageStyle; typedef [uuid(B67BC7E1-91B9-4F50-8471-77C76F8D63D6)] enum { dlDefault = 0xffffffff, dlNone = 0, dlLeft = 1, dlRight = 2, dlTop = 3, dlBottom = 4 } DockLocation; typedef [uuid(68555133-B62F-4490-9D66-9E9BFC68F6C6)] enum { xs2007 = 0, xs2010 = 1, xs2013 = 2, xsCurrent = 2 } XMLSchema; typedef [uuid(1ECC88B3-6D2B-4EDD-8DD5-BB11E5D34C09)] enum { tcsExpanded = 0, tcsCollapsed = 1 } TreeCollapsedStateType; typedef [uuid(13F18B04-E76F-42E0-97E6-8B6ABF38B484)] enum { nfoLocal = 1, nfoNetwork = 2, nfoWeb = 4, nfoNoWacUrl = 8 } NotebookFilterOutType; [ odl, uuid(1D12BD3F-89B6-4077-AA2C-C9DC2BCA42F9), helpstring("IQuickFilingUI Interface"), dual, oleautomation ] interface IQuickFilingDialog : IDispatch { [id(00000000), propget] HRESULT Title([out, retval] BSTR* bstrTitle); [id(00000000), propput] HRESULT Title([in] BSTR bstrTitle); [id(0x00000001), propget] HRESULT Description([out, retval] BSTR* bstrDescription); [id(0x00000001), propput] HRESULT Description([in] BSTR bstrDescription); [id(0x00000002), propget] HRESULT CheckboxText([out, retval] BSTR* bstrText); [id(0x00000002), propput] HRESULT CheckboxText([in] BSTR bstrText); [id(0x00000003), propget] HRESULT CheckboxState([out, retval] VARIANT_BOOL* pfChecked); [id(0x00000003), propput] HRESULT CheckboxState([in] VARIANT_BOOL pfChecked); [id(0x00000004), propget] HRESULT WindowHandle([out, retval] uint64* pHWNDWindow); [id(0x00000005), propget] HRESULT TreeDepth([out, retval] HierarchyElement* pTreeDepth); [id(0x00000005), propput] HRESULT TreeDepth([in] HierarchyElement pTreeDepth); [id(0x00000006), propget] HRESULT ParentWindowHandle([out, retval] uint64* pHWNDParentWindow); [id(0x00000006), propput] HRESULT ParentWindowHandle([in] uint64 pHWNDParentWindow); [id(0x00000007), propget] HRESULT Position([out, retval] tagPOINT* pPoint); [id(0x00000007), propput] HRESULT Position([in] tagPOINT pPoint); [id(0x00000008)] HRESULT SetRecentResults( [in] RecentResultType recentResults, [in] VARIANT_BOOL fShowCurrentSection, [in] VARIANT_BOOL fShowCurrentPage, [in] VARIANT_BOOL fShowUnfiledNotes); [id(0x0000000a)] HRESULT AddButton( [in] BSTR bstrText, [in] HierarchyElement allowedElements, [in] HierarchyElement allowedReadOnlyElements, [in] VARIANT_BOOL fDefault); [id(0x0000000b)] HRESULT Run([in] IQuickFilingDialogCallback* piCallback); [id(0x0000000c), propget] HRESULT SelectedItem([out, retval] BSTR* pbstrSelectedNodeID); [id(0x0000000d), propget] HRESULT PressedButton([out, retval] unsigned long* pButtonIndex); [id(0x0000000e), propput] HRESULT TreeCollapsedState([in] TreeCollapsedStateType rhs); [id(0x0000000f), propput] HRESULT NotebookFilterOut([in] NotebookFilterOutType rhs); [id(0x00000010)] HRESULT ShowCreateNewNotebook(); [id(0x00000011)] HRESULT AddInitialEditor(BSTR initialEditor); [id(0x00000012)] HRESULT ClearInitialEditors(); [id(0x00000013)] HRESULT ShowSharingHyperlink(); }; typedef struct tagtagPOINT { long x; long y; } tagPOINT; [ odl, uuid(627EA7B4-95B5-4980-84C1-9D20DA4460B1), helpstring("IQuickFilingDialogCallback Interface"), dual, oleautomation ] interface IQuickFilingDialogCallback : IDispatch { [id(0x60020000)] HRESULT OnDialogClosed([in] IQuickFilingDialog* dialog); }; [ odl, uuid(452AC71A-B655-4967-A208-A4CC39DD7949), helpstring("IApplication Interface"), dual, oleautomation ] interface IApplication : IDispatch { [id(0x60020000)] HRESULT GetHierarchy( [in] BSTR bstrStartNodeID, [in] HierarchyScope hsScope, [out] BSTR* pbstrHierarchyXmlOut, [in, optional, defaultvalue(2)] XMLSchema xsSchema); [id(0x60020001)] HRESULT UpdateHierarchy( [in] BSTR bstrChangesXmlIn, [in, optional, defaultvalue(2)] XMLSchema xsSchema); [id(0x60020002)] HRESULT OpenHierarchy( [in] BSTR bstrPath, [in] BSTR bstrRelativeToObjectID, [out] BSTR* pbstrObjectID, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] CreateFileType cftIfNotExist); [id(0x60020003)] HRESULT DeleteHierarchy( [in] BSTR bstrObjectID, [in, optional, defaultvalue(00:00:00)] DATE dateExpectedLastModified, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL deletePermanently); [id(0x60020004)] HRESULT CreateNewPage( [in] BSTR bstrSectionID, [out] BSTR* pbstrPageID, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] NewPageStyle npsNewPageStyle); [id(0x60020005)] HRESULT CloseNotebook( [in] BSTR bstrNotebookID, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL force); [id(0x60020006)] HRESULT GetHierarchyParent( [in] BSTR bstrObjectID, [out] BSTR* pbstrParentID); [id(0x60020007)] HRESULT GetPageContent( [in] BSTR bstrPageID, [out] BSTR* pbstrPageXmlOut, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] PageInfo pageInfoToExport, [in, optional, defaultvalue(2)] XMLSchema xsSchema); [id(0x60020008)] HRESULT UpdatePageContent( [in] BSTR bstrPageChangesXmlIn, [in, optional, defaultvalue(00:00:00)] DATE dateExpectedLastModified, [in, optional, defaultvalue(2)] XMLSchema xsSchema, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL force); [id(0x60020009)] HRESULT GetBinaryPageContent( [in] BSTR bstrPageID, [in] BSTR bstrCallbackID, [out] BSTR* pbstrBinaryObjectB64Out); [id(0x6002000a)] HRESULT DeletePageContent( [in] BSTR bstrPageID, [in] BSTR bstrObjectID, [in, optional, defaultvalue(00:00:00)] DATE dateExpectedLastModified, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL force); [id(0x6002000b)] HRESULT NavigateTo( [in] BSTR bstrHierarchyObjectID, [in, optional, defaultvalue("")] BSTR bstrObjectID, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL fNewWindow); [id(0x6002000c)] HRESULT NavigateToUrl( [in] BSTR bstrUrl, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL fNewWindow); [id(0x6002000d)] HRESULT Publish( [in] BSTR bstrHierarchyID, [in] BSTR bstrTargetFilePath, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] PublishFormat pfPublishFormat, [in, optional, defaultvalue("")] BSTR bstrCLSIDofExporter); [id(0x6002000e)] HRESULT OpenPackage( [in] BSTR bstrPathPackage, [in] BSTR bstrPathDest, [out] BSTR* pbstrPathOut); [id(0x6002000f)] HRESULT GetHyperlinkToObject( [in] BSTR bstrHierarchyID, [in] BSTR bstrPageContentObjectID, [out] BSTR* pbstrHyperlinkOut); [id(0x60020010)] HRESULT FindPages( [in] BSTR bstrStartNodeID, [in] BSTR bstrSearchString, [out] BSTR* pbstrHierarchyXmlOut, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL fIncludeUnindexedPages, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL fDisplay, [in, optional, defaultvalue(2)] XMLSchema xsSchema); [id(0x60020011)] HRESULT FindMeta( [in] BSTR bstrStartNodeID, [in] BSTR bstrSearchStringName, [out] BSTR* pbstrHierarchyXmlOut, [in, optional, defaultvalue(0)] VARIANT_BOOL fIncludeUnindexedPages, [in, optional, defaultvalue(2)] XMLSchema xsSchema); [id(0x60020012)] HRESULT GetSpecialLocation( [in] SpecialLocation slToGet, [out] BSTR* pbstrSpecialLocationPath); [id(0x60020013)] HRESULT MergeFiles( [in] BSTR bstrBaseFile, [in] BSTR bstrClientFile, [in] BSTR bstrServerFile, [in] BSTR bstrTargetFile); [id(0x60020014)] HRESULT QuickFiling([out, retval] IQuickFilingDialog** ppiDialog); [id(0x60020015)] HRESULT SyncHierarchy([in] BSTR bstrHierarchyID); [id(0x60020016)] HRESULT SetFilingLocation( [in] FilingLocation flToSet, [in] FilingLocationType fltToSet, [in] BSTR bstrFilingSectionID); [id(0x00000064), propget] HRESULT Windows([out, retval] Windows** ppONWindows); [id(0x00000066), propget, hidden] HRESULT Dummy1([out, retval] VARIANT_BOOL* pBool); [id(0x60020019)] HRESULT MergeSections( [in] BSTR bstrSectionSourceId, [in] BSTR bstrSectionDestinationId); [id(0x00000068), propget] HRESULT COMAddIns([out, retval] IDispatch** ppiComAddins); [id(0x00000069), propget] HRESULT LanguageSettings([out, retval] IDispatch** ppiLanguageSettings); [id(0x6002001c)] HRESULT GetWebHyperlinkToObject( [in] BSTR bstrHierarchyID, [in] BSTR bstrPageContentObjectID, [out] BSTR* pbstrHyperlinkOut); }; [ odl, uuid(6D4B9C3E-CC05-493F-85E2-43D1006DF96A), helpstring("List of our Windows Interface"), dual, oleautomation ] interface Windows : IDispatch { [id(00000000), propget] HRESULT Item( [in] unsigned long Index, [out, retval] Window** Item); [id(0x00000001), propget] HRESULT Count([out, retval] unsigned long* Count); [id(0xfffffffc), propget] HRESULT _NewEnum([out, retval] IUnknown** _NewEnum); [id(0x00000003), propget] HRESULT CurrentWindow([out, retval] Window** ppCurrentWindow); }; [ odl, uuid(8E8304B8-CBD1-44F8-B0E8-89C625B2002E), helpstring("Window Interface"), dual, oleautomation ] interface Window : IDispatch { [id(00000000), propget] HRESULT WindowHandle([out, retval] uint64* pHWNDWindow); [id(0x00000001), propget] HRESULT CurrentPageId([out, retval] BSTR* pbstrPageObjectId); [id(0x00000002), propget] HRESULT CurrentSectionId([out, retval] BSTR* pbstrSectionObjectId); [id(0x00000003), propget] HRESULT CurrentSectionGroupId([out, retval] BSTR* pbstrSectionObjectId); [id(0x00000004), propget] HRESULT CurrentNotebookId([out, retval] BSTR* pbstrNotebookObjectId); [id(0x00000009)] HRESULT NavigateTo( [in] BSTR bstrHierarchyObjectID, [in, optional, defaultvalue("0")] BSTR bstrObjectID); [id(0x0000000a), propget] HRESULT FullPageView([out, retval] VARIANT_BOOL* pIsFullPageView); [id(0x0000000a), propput] HRESULT FullPageView(VARIANT_BOOL pIsFullPageView); [id(0x0000000b), propget] HRESULT Active([out, retval] VARIANT_BOOL* pIsActive); [id(0x0000000b), propput] HRESULT Active(VARIANT_BOOL pIsActive); [id(0x0000000d), propget] HRESULT DockedLocation([out, retval] DockLocation* pDockLocation); [id(0x0000000d), propput] HRESULT DockedLocation(DockLocation pDockLocation); [id(0x0000000e), propget] HRESULT Application([out, retval] IApplication** ppiApp); [id(0x0000000f), propget] HRESULT SideNote([out, retval] VARIANT_BOOL* pIsSideNote); [id(0x00000010)] HRESULT NavigateToUrl([in] BSTR bstrUrl); [id(0x00000011)] HRESULT SetDockedLocation( [in] DockLocation DockLocation, [in] tagPOINT ptMonitor); }; [ uuid(E2E1511D-502D-4BD0-8B3A-8A89A05CDCAE), helpstring("IOneNoteEvents Interface"), nonextensible ] dispinterface IOneNoteEvents { properties: methods: [id(0x00000001)] void OnNavigate(); [id(0x00000002)] void OnHierarchyChange([in] BSTR bstrActivePageID); }; [ uuid(D7FAC39E-7FF1-49AA-98CF-A1DDD316337E), version(1.0), helpstring("Application Class") ] coclass Application { [default] interface IApplication; [default, source] dispinterface IOneNoteEvents; }; typedef [uuid(D3F5A756-4BAC-4D3D-9BAF-90935121AAA6)] enum { hrMalformedXML = 0x80042000, hrInvalidXML = 0x80042001, hrCreatingSection = 0x80042002, hrOpeningSection = 0x80042003, hrSectionDoesNotExist = 0x80042004, hrPageDoesNotExist = 0x80042005, hrFileDoesNotExist = 0x80042006, hrInsertingImage = 0x80042007, hrInsertingInk = 0x80042008, hrInsertingHtml = 0x80042009, hrNavigatingToPage = 0x8004200a, hrSectionReadOnly = 0x8004200b, hrPageReadOnly = 0x8004200c, hrInsertingOutlineText = 0x8004200d, hrPageObjectDoesNotExist = 0x8004200e, hrBinaryObjectDoesNotExist = 0x8004200f, hrLastModifiedDateDidNotMatch = 0x80042010, hrGroupDoesNotExist = 0x80042011, hrPageDoesNotExistInGroup = 0x80042012, hrNoActiveSelection = 0x80042013, hrObjectDoesNotExist = 0x80042014, hrNotebookDoesNotExist = 0x80042015, hrInsertingFile = 0x80042016, hrInvalidName = 0x80042017, hrFolderDoesNotExist = 0x80042018, hrInvalidQuery = 0x80042019, hrFileAlreadyExists = 0x8004201a, hrSectionEncryptedAndLocked = 0x8004201b, hrDisabledByPolicy = 0x8004201c, hrNotYetSynchronized = 0x8004201d, hrLegacySection = 0x8004201e, hrMergeFailed = 0x8004201f, hrInvalidXMLSchema = 0x80042020, hrFutureContentLoss = 0x80042022, hrTimeOut = 0x80042023, hrRecordingInProgress = 0x80042024, hrUnknownLinkedNoteState = 0x80042025, hrNoShortNameForLinkedNote = 0x80042026, hrNoFriendlyNameForLinkedNote = 0x80042027, hrInvalidLinkedNoteUri = 0x80042028, hrInvalidLinkedNoteThumbnail = 0x80042029, hrImportLNTThumbnailFailed = 0x8004202a, hrUnreadDisabledForNotebook = 0x8004202b, hrInvalidSelection = 0x8004202c, hrConvertFailed = 0x8004202d, hrRecycleBinEditFailed = 0x8004202e, hrAppInModalUI = 0x80042030 } Error; [ uuid(DC67E480-C3CB-49F8-8232-60B0C2056C8E), version(1.0), helpstring("Application2 Class") ] coclass Application2 { [default] interface IApplication; [default, source] dispinterface IOneNoteEvents; }; }; So far, I didn't manage to be able to interact with it : There is my code (based on same issue someone had in 2011
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_UseX64=n #include <Array.au3> #include "AutoItObject\AutoItObject.au3" ;=============================================================================== ;interface "OneNoteIApplication" Global Const $sCLSID_OneNoteApplication = "{0039FFEC-A022-4232-8274-6B34787BFC27}" Global Const $sIID_IOneNoteApplication = "{2DA16203-3F58-404F-839D-E4CDE7DD0DED}" ; Definition Global $dtagIOneNoteWindows = $dtagIDispatch Global $dtagIOneNoteApplication = $dtagIDispatch & _ "GetHierarchy hresult(bstr;dword;bstr*);" & _ "UpdateHierarchy hresult(bstr);" & _ "OpenHierarchy hresult(bstr;bstr;bstr*;dword);" & _ "DeleteHierarchy hresult(bstr;double);" & _ "CreateNewPage hresult(bstr;bstr*;dword);" & _ "CloseNotebook hresult(bstr);" & _ "GetHierarchyParent hresult(bstr;bstr*);" & _ "GetPageContent hresult(bstr;bstr*;dword);" & _ "UpdatePageContent hresult(bstr;double);" & _ "GetBinaryPageContent hresult(bstr;bstr;bstr*);" & _ "DeletePageContent hresult(bstr;bstr;dword);" & _ "NavigateTo hresult(bstr;bstr;bool);" & _ "Publish hresult(bstr;bstr;dword;bstr);" & _ "OpenPackage hresult(bstr;bstr;bstr*);" & _ "GetHyperlinkToObject hresult(bstr;bstr;bstr*);" & _ "FindPages hresult(bstr;bstr;bstr*;bool;bool);" & _ "FindMeta hresult(bstr;bstr;bstr*;bool);" & _ "GetSpecialLocation hresult(dword;bstr*);" ; List Global $ltagIOneNoteApplication = $ltagIDispatch & _ "GetHierarchy;" & _ "UpdateHierarchy;" & _ "OpenHierarchy;" & _ "DeleteHierarchy;" & _ "CreateNewPage;" & _ "CloseNotebook;" & _ "GetHierarchyParent;" & _ "GetPageContent;" & _ "UpdatePageContent;" & _ "GetBinaryPageContent;" & _ "DeletePageContent;" & _ "NavigateTo;" & _ "Publish;" & _ "OpenPackage;" & _ "GetHyperlinkToObject;" & _ "FindPages;" & _ "FindMeta;" & _ "GetSpecialLocation;" ;=============================================================================== _AutoItObject_StartUp() Global $objOneNote = ObjCreate("OneNote.Application") Global $pOneNote = _AutoItObject_IDispatchToPtr($objOneNote) _AutoItObject_IUnknownAddRef($objOneNote) Global $oOneNote = _AutoItObject_WrapperCreate($pOneNote, $dtagIOneNoteWindows) ;~ Global $oOnenote = ObjCreateInterface($sCLSID_OneNoteApplication,$sIID_IOneNoteApplication,$dtagIOneNoteApplication,True) ;~ ; Check if object is created: If Not IsObj($oOneNote) Then MsgBox(48, "Error", "Object not created. Something is wrong.") Exit EndIf $aCall = $oOneNote.GetTypeInfoCount(0) $iTypeInfoCount = $aCall[1] ConsoleWrite("$iTypeInfoCount = " & $iTypeInfoCount & @CRLF) $Window = $oOneNote.Windows ;~ ConsoleWrite("Test = " & $Window.CurrentPageId & @CRLF) $str = "onenote:///R:\Software\OneNote%20EOD\EOD%20Scrum\Sprint%20136.one#section-id={D2EB7AEB-362B-490A-9CE0-0B9316DF0DAD}&end" $hBSTR = DllCall("oleaut32.dll", "ptr", "SysAllocString", "wstr", $str) $aCall = $oOnenote.NavigateToUrl($hBSTR[0])  
      Can someone help me to go in the good direction? I'm a little lost with what's needed, (CLSID and IID whereas I have only a UUID and can't find a good starting doc online)
      Thanks a lot,

• nikink
      By nikink
      Hi all,
      I have a bit of code that works on my old Win10 PC, that fails on my new Win10 PC, and I think the only significant difference is the version of Autoit - old PC has 3.3.12, new has 3.3.14.
      I couldn't find anything mentioned in the change logs though, so perhaps I'm wrong.
      Anyway, the code to replicate my issue is:
      Test('username', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test(' ', ' ') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', 'DOMAIN') Func Test($un, $dom) $compName = 'PCNAME' $FullName = '.' $Description = '.' ; get the WIM object $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $compName & "\root\cimv2") ; get default user full name and description $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") If IsObj($objAccount) Then $FullName = $objAccount.FullName $Description = $objAccount.Description EndIf ConsoleWrite($FullName & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($Description & @CRLF) Return EndFunc  
      On my old PC this code will output just . and . for each of those line currently commented out. Which is fine.
      On my new PC any of those commented out lines of code cause an error, and the script won't even compile.
      $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") $objAccount = $objWMIService^ ERROR I'm very much a newb with the WMI stuff and objects, but it looks like the .Get property is failing when either $un or $dom aren't valid in v3.3.14, whereas in 3.3.12 the .Get would fail to return an object, which is then caught by the If statement.
      Am I on track with this? Is there some new/better way to code the example so that 3.3.14 will compile it?
    • ModemJunki
      By ModemJunki
      Edit: I found out from looking into the post from coffeeturtle that not all motherboards support WMI temperature reading. You have to explore the WMI namespaces for your system!
      I (stupidly) fried a computer. It was an old Zotac small form factor device that was junked at work, so I turned it into a home theater PC.
      But I had put it in my "audio rack", which has glass doors and not very good ventilation. Normally I would open the doors while it was running and I use a media remote which would hibernate the system. At some point, it woke up by itself (probably Windows Update) and did not go to sleep again. Unfortunately this happened during the summer months while I was away on a small holiday and of course the glass doors were closed.
      When I finally noticed the system was on, it was super hot and the fan was at full blast. Dead. No POST, no green light on the mainboard even with a new power supply, old mechanical laptop hard drive gives errors when connected to another device. My next home project will be to make some appropriate ventilation in the audio cabinet.
      For the replacement I bought a used HP ultra small form factor machine and decided to start working on an app to monitor the ambient temperature sensor on the motherboard and shutdown the system if needed. I used some code for smooth label updates from here (needed updating to work with latest AutoIT) and temperature conversion from here (not really needed, only if you want temperatures in something other than C).
      Maybe I will work on this some more and make it configurable with an .INI file or even storing the settings in registry, but since I probably won't I thought I'd put it up as an example of what a non-expert can do with an afternoon of coding and ideas from the community here.
      This uses an ambient temperature sensor populated on HP machines in HP-specific WMI extensions but the WMI query can easily be changed to any available sensor including CPU or GPU.
      The watchdog monitors temperature, warns with S.O.S beeping if the set point is exceeded, and either shuts down if a timeout is reached while the temperatures are high or goes back to monitoring if the temperature goes lower then the set point, and logs events to the Windows application event logs.
      The GUI it puts up is very small at the top center of the screen (very small on a 4k display anyway).
      #requireadmin because of the WMI query.
      A timer for the WMI query because of prior experience using similar functions in WinPE to get model infos from HP WMI bios extensions.
      If you play around with this, please post your fixes/improvements/changes back to this thread.
      Have fun!
      Edit: Updated to show "Unable to query temperature" if the WMI query returns a null
      #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=temperature-2-multi-size.ico #RequireAdmin #NoTrayIcon #include <Temperature.au3> #include <FFLabels.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Global $winLogger = "C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventcreate.exe" ; application to use for event logging Global $MessageSource = "HP TempMon" Global $width = 185 Global $height = 15 Global $FontSize = 8 Global $FontFamily = 'Microsoft Sans Serif' Global $normClr = 0xFF000000 Global $warnClr = 0xFF0000 Global $WMInameSpace = "HP_BIOSNumericSensor" ;~ Global $WMIReadSensor = "Chassis Thermal Index" ; HP 8300 Global $WMIReadSensor = "System Ambient Temperature" ; HP Z400 Global $warnTmp = 46.1111111111 ; degrees C ;~ Global $warnTmp = 24 ; degrees C for testing Global $ovrtmpTime = 5 ; in minutes Global $hGUI = GUICreate("Board Temperature", $width, $height, -1, 0, BitOR($WS_SYSMENU, $WS_POPUP), BitOR($WS_EX_TOPMOST, $WS_EX_WINDOWEDGE, $WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)) Global $lb1 = _GUICtrlFFLabel_Create($hGUI, "", -1, -1, $width, $height, 8, -1, 0, 1, $normClr) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) _TempSenseLoop() Func _TempSenseLoop() While 1 Sleep(250) $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete($hGUI) Return Case Else $s_ambTempC = _doQueryHPNumSens(5, $WMInameSpace, $WMIReadSensor, "100") ; + 100 Select Case $s_ambTempC = "" _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetTextColor($lb1, $normClr) _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetData($lb1, "Unable to query temperature") Case $s_ambTempC < $warnTmp _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetTextColor($lb1, $normClr) _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetData($lb1, "Board temperature: " & $s_ambTempC & "C" & "/" & Round(_CelsiusToFahrenheit($s_ambTempC), 0) & "F") Case Else _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetTextColor($lb1, $warnClr) _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetData($lb1, "Board temperature: " & $s_ambTempC & "C" & "/" & Round(_CelsiusToFahrenheit($s_ambTempC), 0) & "F") _doLog("System ambient temperature has exceeded " & $warnTmp & "C.", "WARN", $MessageSource) _AlarmMonitor($ovrtmpTime, $warnTmp) EndSelect EndSwitch WEnd EndFunc ;==>_TempSenseLoop Func _AlarmMonitor($min, $tmp) Local $Shutdown = 1 Local $s_ambTemp Local $freq = 3500 Local $shrt = 200 Local $long = 500 Local $timer = TimerInit() Local $wait = 1000 * ($min * 60) While TimerDiff($timer) < $wait $s_ambTemp = _doQueryHPNumSens(5, $WMInameSpace, $WMIReadSensor, "100") ; + 100 If $s_ambTemp >= $tmp Then _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetData($lb1, "WARNING! OVERTEMP!") Beep($freq, $shrt) Beep($freq, $shrt) Beep($freq, $shrt) Sleep(250) Beep($freq, $long) Beep($freq, $long) Beep($freq, $long) Sleep(250) Beep($freq, $shrt) Beep($freq, $shrt) Beep($freq, $shrt) _GUICtrlFFLabel_SetData($lb1, "Board temperature: " & $s_ambTemp & "C" & "/" & _CelsiusToFahrenheit($s_ambTemp) & "F") Sleep(2000) ElseIf $s_ambTemp < $tmp Then $Shutdown = 0 ExitLoop EndIf WEnd If $Shutdown = 1 Then _doLog("The system is shutting down due to overtemperature conditions. The temperature at the time of shutdown was " & $s_ambTemp & "C" & "/" & _CelsiusToFahrenheit($s_ambTemp) & "F", "ERRR", $MessageSource) Shutdown(24) ElseIf $Shutdown = 0 Then _doLog("System ambient temperature has been reduced below " & $warnTmp & "C.", "INFO", $MessageSource) EndIf EndFunc ;==>_AlarmMonitor Func _doQueryHPNumSens($min, $class, $name, $sleep) ; $sleep = milliseconds Local $s_tempReading = "" Local $s_HPBiosWMIService = "winmgmts:\\" & @ComputerName & "\Root\HP\InstrumentedBIOS" Local $objHPBiosWMIService = ObjGet($s_HPBiosWMIService) Local $s_biosQuery = $objHPBiosWMIService.ExecQuery("select * from " & $class & " where Name='" & $name & "'") $timer = TimerInit() ; we may need to wait for the HP WMI extensions to enumerate in WMI, in WinPE this takes some minutes. $wait = 1000 * ($min * 60) If Not IsObj($s_biosQuery) Then ; we do need to wait, put up a splash screen $s_WMISplash = 1 SplashTextOn("WMI", "Probing WMI (up to 10 minutes)...", 300, 50, -1, -1, 1) Sleep(1000) While TimerDiff($timer) < $wait Sleep(500) $objHPBiosWMIService = ObjGet($s_HPBiosWMIService) If IsObj($objHPBiosWMIService) Then Sleep(500) $colProdName = $s_biosQuery If IsObj($colProdName) Then For $oItem In $colProdName $s_tempReading = $oItem.CurrentReading Next EndIf EndIf WEnd ElseIf IsObj($s_biosQuery) Then ConsoleWrite($s_biosQuery & @CRLF) For $oItem In $s_biosQuery $s_tempReading = $oItem.CurrentReading Next Else $s_tempReading = 0 EndIf Sleep($sleep) Return $s_tempReading EndFunc ;==>_doQueryHPNumSens Func _doLog($message, $type, $msgsrc) Select Case $type = "INFO" $logTyp = "INFORMATION" Case $type = "WARN" $logTyp = "WARNING" Case $type = "ERRR" $logTyp = "ERROR" EndSelect If FileExists($winLogger) Then RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $winLogger & " /L Application /T " & $logTyp & " /SO " & Chr(34) & $msgsrc & Chr(34) & " /ID 1000 /D " & Chr(34) & $message & Chr(34), "", @SW_HIDE) EndIf EndFunc ;==>_doLog  

Temperature.au3
      FFLabels.au3
      HP_Temp.au3
    • ModemJunki
      By ModemJunki
      Hello,
      In Windows 10 PowerShell, one can do this to change the metric for a NIC in Windows 10:
      Get-NetAdapter | Where-Object -FilterScript {$_.InterfaceAlias -Eq "Ethernet 2"} | Set-NetIPInterface -InterfaceMetric 2 I know I can script the above PowerShell line (and it works!), but I wanted to try something I hadn't done before after looking into jguinch's most excellent Network configuration UDF. I wanted to make use of the SetIPConnectionMetric method in the WMI classes. There is an example VBscript here but this is not for Windows 10. Using AutoIT would also give better control over capturing error return codes than with PowerShell.
      But I cannot get my script to work! The return from SetIPConnectionMetric() is 0, which would indicate success. Yet the change does not happen. I also tried WMI methods using .put_ but this fails.
      Anyone more experienced than I have ideas to make this work?
      #RequireAdmin _SetNicInterfaceMetric2("Ethernet 2", "2") Func _SetNicInterfaceMetric2($NIC_NAME, $METRIC) Local $s_setIndx = 0 $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel = impersonate}!\\" & "." & "\root\cimv2") $colNICItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapter WHERE NetConnectionID = '" & $NIC_NAME & "'", "WQL") If IsObj($colNICItems) Then For $objItem In $colNICItems $s_nicIndex = $objItem.Index Next ConsoleWrite("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE Index = '" & $s_nicIndex & "'" & @CRLF) $colNAC = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("SELECT * FROM Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration WHERE Index = '" & $s_nicIndex & "'", "WQL") If IsObj($colNAC) Then For $objNetCard In $colNAC If $METRIC <> $objNetCard.IPConnectionMetric Then ConsoleWrite("Metric was set to " & $objNetCard.IPConnectionMetric & ". Setting to " & $METRIC & "." & @CRLF) $s_isSet = $objNetCard.SetIPConnectionMetric($METRIC) ConsoleWrite("SetIPConnectionMetric Result = " & $s_isSet & @CRLF) Else ConsoleWrite("Metric is already set to " & $METRIC & @CRLF) EndIf Next EndIf EndIf EndFunc ;==>_SetNicInterfaceMetric2  
    • AndyS19
      By AndyS19
      I have code that does a WMI SQL query to find all defined printers, and I want to parse the returned object in several places.  However, after parsing it the first time, all other times fail to find any printer objects.
      Here is my test code:
      test() Func test() Local $oPrinters, $oPrinter, $err, $cnt, $oP, $query $query = "SELECT * FROM Win32_Printer" $oPrinters = doQuery($query) $err = @error LogMsg("+++: $err = " & $err & ", isObj($oPrinters) = " & IsObj($oPrinters)) If ($err == 0) Then LogMsg("FIRST LOOP") ; <=== FIRST LOOP $cnt = 0 $oP = $oPrinters LogMsg("+++: isObj($oP) = " & IsObj($oP)) For $oPrinter In $oP $cnt += 1 LogMsg("+++: isObj($oPrinter): " & IsObj($oPrinter) & ", $oPrinter.Name ==>" & $oPrinter.Name & "<==") Next LogMsg("+++: Found " & $cnt & " printers") LogMsg("SECOND LOOP") ; <== SECOND LOOP $cnt = 0 $oP = $oPrinters LogMsg("+++: isObj($oP) = " & IsObj($oP)) For $oPrinter In $oP $cnt += 1 LogMsg("+++: isObj($oPrinter): " & IsObj($oPrinter) & ", $oPrinter.Name ==>" & $oPrinter.Name & "<==") Next LogMsg("+++: Found " & $cnt & " printers") EndIf EndFunc ;==>test Func doQuery($sQuery, $lnum = @ScriptLineNumber) #forceref $lnum LogMsg("+++:" & $lnum & ": doQuery(" & '"' & $sQuery & '"' & ") entered") Local $oWMIService, $oResults, $errstr Local $wbemFlags = BitOR(0x20, 0x10) ; $wbemFlagReturnImmediately and wbemFlagForwardOnly $oWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & "localhost" & "\root\CIMV2") If (IsObj($oWMIService)) Then $oResults = $oWMIService.ExecQuery($sQuery, "WQL", $wbemFlags) If (IsObj($oResults)) Then LogMsg("+++: doQuery() returns @error = 0, Good: returning the object") Return (SetError(0, 0, $oResults)) ;;; Good: return the object Else $errstr = "" _ & "WMI Query failed." & @CRLF _ & "This is the query:" & @CRLF _ & " " & $sQuery LogMsg("+++: ====>" & $errstr & "<===") LogMsg("+++: doQuery() returns @error = 1") Return (SetError(1, 0, $errstr)) ; Error: Query faled EndIf Else $errstr = "" _ & "WMI Output" & @CRLF _ & "No WMI Objects Found for class: " & @CRLF _ & "Win32_PrinterDriver" & @CRLF _ & "using this query:" & @CRLF _ & " " & $sQuery LogMsg("+++: ====>" & $errstr & "<===") MsgBox(0, "ERROR", $errstr) ; Error: Cannot get $oWMIService object Exit (1) EndIf EndFunc ;==>doQuery Func LogMsg($msg, $lnum = @ScriptLineNumber) ConsoleWrite("+++:" & $lnum & ": " & $msg & @CRLF) EndFunc ;==>LogMsg Parsing the returned $oPrinters object shows 5 printers:
      +++:15: FIRST LOOP +++:18: +++: isObj($oP) = 1 +++:22: +++: isObj($oPrinter): 1, $oPrinter.Name ==>Microsoft XPS Document Writer<== +++:22: +++: isObj($oPrinter): 1, $oPrinter.Name ==>Microsoft Office Document Image Writer<== +++:22: +++: isObj($oPrinter): 1, $oPrinter.Name ==>Fax<== +++:22: +++: isObj($oPrinter): 1, $oPrinter.Name ==>Canon MG7100 series Printer WS<== +++:22: +++: isObj($oPrinter): 1, $oPrinter.Name ==>Canon MG6100 series Printer WS<== +++:24: +++: Found 5 printers Parsing it again, shows no printers:
      +++:26: SECOND LOOP +++:29: +++: isObj($oP) = 1 +++:35: +++: Found 0 printers