TheDcoder

WMI Object Code conversion to AutoIt

12 posts in this topic

Hello, I found a VB snippet which I would love to use in AutoIt :)

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process")
For Each objItem in colItems
     Wscript.Echo objItem.Name
     Wscript.Echo objItem.CommandLine
Next

Despite my best efforts, I am not able to understand a thing from that piece of code :(. All I know is that it outputs the Name and Commandline of all the processes currently running (Let's see if I am right).

Can anyone help me with convert this into AutoIt? Thanks in Advance! :D

Spoiler

My contributions to the AutoIt Community

Some messages & Apologizes:

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

PLEASE JOIN ##AutoIt AND HELP THE IRC AUTOIT COMMUNITY!

Are you sure you even tried? ;)

$strComputer = "."
$objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
$colItems = $objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Process")
For $objItem in $colItems
     ConsoleWrite($objItem.Name & "-" & $objItem.CommandLine & @CRLF)
Next

Jos

1 person likes this

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

:blink:, is that simple!? :shocked:

I probably overthought it... I read the documentation on MSDN and totally got confused... Thank you very much Jos :thumbsup:.

Spoiler

If I hurt you, Please accept my apologies, I never (regardless of the situation) mean to hurt anybody!!!

Also, I am very busy with my project so I will appear in the last row of the online list, if you want to contact me: Email@TheDcoder.xyz

Or you can have a nice chat with me in freenode, I use the same nick on freenode too!

3fHNZJ.gif

@Jos

$strComputer is just a period. Why did you store it in a variable instead of directly using ?

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Oh, I thought that there is any secret behind that variable. :) 

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

@kcvinu He just converted to code to AutoIt, kept it as original as possible :).

P.S What are you doing in the middle of the night at 2 PM?

P.P.S I see that @Jos has replied before I finished typing this :P

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

@TheDcoder 

ha ha ha..  I am working now. I had a busy schedule in these days. But i can't resist me to look at the forum.  AutoIt is circulating in my head. :) By the by what are you doing here ? :) 

My Contributions

Just now, kcvinu said:

By the by what are you doing here ? :) 

Currently on night shift mode, need to be on nights because of freelance work... most of my clients are from the US so this timezone is appropriate ;).

I am still trying to figure out WMI's database structure lol. @TheDcoder is trying to get the command line arguments of a process using its PID.

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif

#10 ·  Posted

Have a look at Scriptomatic in the Example scripts forum.
It generates WMI-AutoIt code for you.

1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2016-08-18 - Version 1.4.6.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2016-12-04 - Version 1.2.2.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#11 ·  Posted

@TheDcoder

Just read "Windows Scripting with WMI" from MS-Press. 

1 person likes this

My Contributions

#12 ·  Posted

Thanks for the advice guys, saved it for later :)

Spoiler

3fHNZJ.gif