hugomito

How to create a SharePoint entry

5 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted

Hi all,

I hope you can help me with this need. In the company I work for, every time we need to deploy a change into a Production environment, we need to add a SharePoint entry in a Calendar area. This is in order to notify Operations team that a change will be introduced on a specific date.

The fields we need to fill out are:

• ows_Project
  • ows_ChangeReq
  • ows_Description
  • ows_StartDate
  • ows_EndDate

The thing is that, I have all these values available in an AutoIT application I built called EAI Tool so, what I need is: Whenever a user click a button, a SharePoint record should be created populating SharePoint fields with the values from EAI Tool applicacion.

If you need additional information, let me know.

Regards,

#3 ·  Posted

Maybe this helps. The wiki provides an UDF for Sharepoint:

Sharepoint 2007/2010 UDF (by schoppet) - UDF to access the SOAP-Webservices of Sharepoint 2007/2010.

1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

#4 ·  Posted

Thanks Trong & Water for your posts.

The UDF site was very helpfull to understand how SharePoint works (SharePoint.au3).  Once I understood that SharePoint had it's own web services, I created my own scripts.

I am attaching a SharePoint query script. I hope this helps someone else.

Regards,

SharePoint_Query_4AutoIt.au3

#5 ·  Posted

Some more links to get you started ...

I wrote several blog posts on SharePoint and Web Services

https://audministrator.wordpress.com/2014/08/20/getting-data-from-a-web-service/

using alternative applications like Powershell and JQuery

https://audministrator.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/how-to-call-a-webservice-in-ps/

https://audministrator.wordpress.com/2015/01/24/sharepoint-using-jquery-spservices/

As you might now we can recently access PowerShell scripts from AU3... :-) Still in beta version and testing stage...

Hope this can help.

1 person likes this

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      I want create retractable bar using autoit
      I tried creating slider, but there's a problem with screen reader for the blind, so is there another retractable tape?
      It is advisable to not accept dragging with the keybord only with  mouse
      note:
      This bar is needed in the process of raising and lowering the volume
      I hope that there is a solution to do that
      i waiting your responses.
      Thanks in advance to all members and administrators
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dears
      How are you?
      I have a question, to you please.
      How do I create an edit box for numbers only and does not accept letters? using autoit
      greetings to all
      I hope you help ME
      Thanks to all in advance
    • chacoya121
      By chacoya121
      please help, how to write script for multiple choice question
      in GUI
      -single program
      -add more question to program
      example:
      1. this is the question
      a. answer a
      b. answer b
      c. answer c
      d.answer d
      - 300 questions +  700 answers
      please give me some tips to create a script
      read and write file from notepad, that mean u need notepad attach?

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good morning
      I was looking around the forum if there were some customizable solutions about creating a PDF from "0" to something like a report...
      What I'd like to do is something with a header ( 2 logos and a title ), with a table which contains data read from a file
      At the moment, I was working with HTML, since I know it and it's very simple to do a table with some data inside...
      But know, I'm a bit stuck about the exporting the HTML page to PDF... And, here too, if someone knows how to do it, please, I'm here listening
      Thanks guys

• Dequality
      By Dequality
      I honestly didn't try anything yet.
      But i was thinking about my next step would be to try creating a tetris bot for educational purpose only. Last time i created a automation script / bot for ClubPenguin, which was simply made with PixelSearch If NOT(@error) Then , bla bla u know the drill aight, so i thought i would give my self a little harder challenge instead of keep making Pixelbots, i would love to try making a Memory bot or w/e u call , i read something about memory read/record was used for Tetris bots, since i haven't used Memory, i would love to know if anyone could give me a good guide or smth to follow :-) Either a complete tetris bot guide or a guide that explains memory totally in depth ish. :-)

Dequality. #ANY-HELP-APPRECIATET