Gowrisankar

Required help to move mails to different folder

Gowrisankar

Dear members,

I'm trying to move unread mails from Inbox to a different folder using OutlookEx UDF.

But its not working for me. I'm not sure what mistake I do.

I get the error code 6 when the following is executed. From the UDF it is observed that  "No or an invalid item has been specified".

Note : The UDF version is 1.3.3.1. AutoIt version (v3.3.14.2).

#include <OutlookEX.au3>

Global $oOutlook = _OL_Open()
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF", "Error creating a connection to Outlook. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)

Global $aOL_Item = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Inbox", $olMail, "[UnRead]=True", "", "", "Subject", "", 1)
If $aOL_Item[0][0] = 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemMove Example Script", "Could not find a task item in folder 'Outlook-UDF-Test\SourceFolder\Tasks'. @error = " & @error)
_ArrayDisplay($aOL_Item, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemFind Example Script - Unread mails")
_OL_ItemMove($oOutlook, $aOL_Item[1][0], Default, "*\Outlook-UDF-Test\TargetFolder\Mail")
If @error <> 0 Then Exit MsgBox(16, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemMove Example Script", "Error moving specified task. @error = " & @error)

Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks and regards,

Gowrisankar R.

Gowrisankar

I found it myself. Used "EntryID" along with "Subject".

Pointed the "EntryID" column of the array to move the mail. It worked.

Thanks and regards,

Gowrisankar R.

water

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• TheSaint
      By TheSaint
      Files Checklist
      Just a simple little (complex enough) program I whipped up, for a purpose ... but only too happy to share.
      It can of course be modified to do more, but at the moment just compares file names with or without path ... Location versus Checklist.
      There are of course other compare programs out there, most doing a lot more than mine (i.e. WinMerge or FileComparer). But I wanted something quick and simple with drag & drop, that uses up a smallish amount of screen real estate.
      NOTE - The SAVE button is also a LOAD one, and displays 'Load' when the list is empty. So you can save and load specific lists. While in SAVE mode, the button can also be used with CTRL held down, to ADD another list to existing (displayed one) ... combining as they say ... though not saved until you SAVE. CLEAR button removes a selected entry, or if used with CTRL held down, queries about removing all listed entries.

Files Checklist v1.2.zip
      Files Checklist v1.3.zip
      Files Checklist v1.4.zip  (Includes a BUGFIX.)
        (source included)
      WARNING - While this program does not act on files or folders ADDED or CHECKED, you might act on the results, so I advise caution, and I also recommend using the new 'Relative' option in v1.3 or newer ... but you still need to understand what you are doing and what the results actually mean. Some basic examples in the next post.
      Enjoy!
      RELATED
      Users might also be interested in another somewhat related program of mine.
      DeleteIf Same
      Cheers!
    • bscarano
      By bscarano
      @water

Wondering if you know if the OutlookEx.udf will allow someone to "paste'/"create" a table in an appointment?
      I can add text to the body, but I'd like to all be formatted to look nice for the user.
    • water
      By water
      Extensive library to control and manipulate Microsoft Outlook.
      Theads: Development - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort

KNOWN BUGS (last changed: 2018-01-26)
      Function _OL_RuleConditionSet does not properly handle parameter rule condition type ($iRuleConditionType) when value $olConditionSentTo is passed. it is being processed the same way as $olConditionFrom.
      Thanks to user Moonscarlet for reporting this bug.
      Fixed with version 1.3.3.1 of the UDF.
    • gf100
      By gf100
      Newbie. I am writing a script that requires me to reference the TO:, FROM:, BCC, SUBJECT, BODY of a new email that's being composed.  I need to go directly to these location and work with them.  Is there anyway to detect these in AUTOIT for the present gmail client screen without knowing its resolution and text size?  Any help is greatly appreciated.
    • ur
      By ur
      We can send mails using SMTP settings in AutoIT.
      But is there anyway to read the mails and start the program if we get the mail with the particular subject.

I mean, I have automated a build process and it starts from windows task scheduler my autoit program at morning 3 AM.
      If it fails in the middle, it will be sent to the dev team guys with the logs as attachment.
      Then I am connecting manually to the remote machine to trigger the task again.
      Is there anyway to start this task once I receive a mail with the specific subject like "start the build" automatically.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.