Website screenshot / information

Hay guys

Just had an idea and wanted to know where to start. I want to download a screenshot of a website automatically into a .png .jpg ect format so I can then set it as my desktop background.

This might be for for news: When the latest news is added to a website a screenshot of that website is saved and added to my desktop background.

I have tried using website that already do the screenshot but you have to open the website and click the button for it to generate one and thus InetGet does not help.

Any Ideas?

Maybe you can take a look at : 

ScreenCapture.au3 

_ScreenCapture_Capture

You capture what you need. 

You update your registry. 

Then you refresh your explorer.exe

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

@caramen That would work but would involve opening the website, while this could be automatic it would be cool to be able to do it without having anything physically open. I had thought about using a website downloader but again they have tocbe opened to work (the ones I know about).

This very well might not be possible.

Can be done with webDriver only if the website itself got a screencapture function

You can't capture an image that is not existing.

You can if you want get some text from the website. If that enouth for you. I mean in silent mode.

My video tutorials : ( In construction )  || My Discord : https://discord.gg/S9AnwHw

How to Ask Help ||  UIAutomation From Junkew || WebDriver From Danp2 || And Water's UDFs in the Quote

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-10-19 - Version 1.4.10.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

I am false ?

Becose the OP said : 

14 hours ago, kingjacob90 said:

without having anything physically open.

So basically i answer to this... But if i am false feel free to correct me :/ We are all.  I am here for learn :) . How whould you record an non opened windows i am listening to you.

Becose as you can see in my sig i am the one promoting your UDF. It is so great... 

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

3 minutes ago, kingjacob90 said:

Thanks @Danp2 and @caramen for your input. I will definitely have a look at the webDriver UDF; it also sounds really good for other things I have in mind :)

Thanks again,

Jacob

This udf is so powerfull. the only thing i dont like but that we cannot bypass is the chromedriver.exe it have to be one each computer that will run the script. But this is not from the UDF. It is from chrome. 

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

@caramen It is possible to use the _IE functions to operate on a non-visible IE object. The same is true with the Web driver. I hinted at that in my earlier post when I mentioned "headless" mode.

This statement is wrong --

18 hours ago, caramen said:

Can be done with webDriver only if the website itself got a screencapture function

You can't capture an image that is not existing.

The Webdriver specs support taking a screen shot. You can read more about it here.

:)

You helped me a lot :) But :P 

Same as this post : 

On 21/11/2018 at 2:42 PM, caramen said:

I am sorry but no for me there is a difference between erase the line and erase the string. The line is still here

I dont wanna play with words but... Becose I have bad in english. I will say with that quote, you know what i mean :P;) .

Edited by caramen

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

25 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Actually, I don't. Feel free to clarify. ;)

Dont call a cat like a dog :) 

An "non opened window" is not same as an "existing hidden window" That's all. Particulary when ppl are learning. Precise baths must be used.

In my quote careca was thinking about an obvius reaction. But not it was a file modification (Help file ) forgetten by the autoIT team. 

If the words i used was corectly understood. It was not an obvius reaction but a bug, or maybe "depend from where you see the problem" a forgetten reaction in the help file.

In France i know we're not in France here :P the words are very importante. I was taken on the baths that I used several times on the forum that's why I said all this. 

1 hour ago, Danp2 said:

This statement is wrong --

So i dont agree with this. :) 

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

B)

Spoiler

Water's UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki