BETA: SciTE v5x & lua Dynamic_include and "Smart" AutoComplete for Vars/UDFs/Abbrevs

Jos

@Jos

also find some issues

When I type

then abbreviations are poped up.

I think that when starting typing minus sign then any calltip should not appear

image.png.ed41650471a4299706587d083a93dd49.png

Can you confirm the same behavior on your side ?
Is it issue or intentionall per design feature ?

edit:
it only occurs when 

autocomplete.au3.min.length=3

is not set

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

• Developers

@mLipok,

I have uploaded a separate zip file with an update for the LUA files for testing. Could you download that and use this version for generating the log files in case there is still an issue? 

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers
9 minutes ago, mLipok said:

When I type

Agree.... Is changed in the separate zip file I just uploaded again. :) 

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I already was able to make replicator just doing tests with my recent ENV... then I do test with the new ENV.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

• Developers

Thanks,... and please re-download the uploaded a separate zip file with an update for the LUA files for testing as I needed to fix something!!

... and I also need some more testing for the -1 thing as I believe that isn't correct yet.    :) 

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

replicator with recent ENV:

> time: 0.07 secs Dropdown for $_wd_debug_err with 1 item(s) out of 15663
--> AddMissingIncludes wordcheck $_WD_DEBUG_Error time: 33.49 secs
--> AddMissingIncludes linecheck  time: 32.39 secs

and the new ENV (from one post above) 

> time: 0.05 secs Dropdown for $_wd_debug_err with 1 item(s) out of 15663
--> AddMissingIncludes wordcheck $_WD_DEBUG_Error time: 4.00 secs
--> AddMissingIncludes linecheck  time: 3.95 secs

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@Jos I just sent to you email with 

AutoItPortable_for_JOS__testing_LUA_2023-04-06.zip 

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Hm, am I the only onle having the issue that the first 3 characters of each file get cut off when editing it?

Have an existing .au3 which starts with "#Region". When opening it in the new Scite, it starts with "gion", and the file immediatley gets saved with the first 3 Chars cut of.

Re-Adding the "#Re" and saving, the file on the disk is fine and works, untit I dare to open it in Scite again... I'm sure it has to do with BOM...

Re-installed the old version, everything's fine. 

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

• Developers

There definitely is an issue with the File with BOM stuff, but all I can get is that a file save as UTF8-WithBOM isn't recognised as such and shows as UTF withoutBOM when reopened.

Do you have an example file that shows the lost of the characters?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

I do not get the issue that I loose 3 characters with that attached file. Do you have any settings in SciTEConfig for codepage or something like that?
Which exact version are you using?  The x86 version in the Beta installer?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I'm using the setup-file from your post 

it's the 23.402.1150.0.15 Installer, to be more precise. Should I overwrite it with a different version?

SciTEUser.properties

Edited by Marc
properties added

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

• Developers

The update will only work when SciTE is closed..   so please check your version in help/about.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jos You can organize your beta files in a structured (obvious directory tree) so that automatic updates can be performed by software instead of having to download and update them manually.

I wrote software that automatically updates files at: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/
But with the new version I have to rewrite the new code again.

Regards,

• Developers

I lost you as nothing has changed. This available installer is a different Beta than standard,as there are many big changes, but will replace the current production when i have the comfortable feeling its ready for it. Autodownloading anything from Beta is not something i would encourage without knowing what/why it is updated as it must ght not be ready for production yet.

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 hour ago, Jos said:

The update will only work when SciTE is closed..   so please check your version in help/about.

It says:

32-bit
Version 5.3.5   Scintilla:5.3.4   Lexilla:5.2.4
    Apr  2 2023 16:03:32
by Neil Hodgson.
 Updated by Jos

• Developers

Yep...that is the last one...   Strange I don't het the issue with lost characters...  I will soon have an update to fix the other issues see so hopefully that fixes it for you too.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

1 hour ago, Trong said:

I wrote software that automatically updates files at: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/download/beta_SciTE4AutoIt3/

Can you share the code over github ?

I think mamy people will be happy to contribute, including me.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Developers
1 hour ago, mLipok said:

Can you share the code over github ?

I think mamy people will be happy to contribute, including me.

Again... Lets not get any automation stuff for Beta things I post as I do not want to see things happen automatically and me getting the crap about it, so this discussion needs to end here and now and not pollute this thread any further!  Thanks

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.