WMI ScriptOMatic tool for AutoIt

SvenP

update for 2016.05.16
fixed the combobox not working everywhere.
added setting to, in addition to Dynamic Classes, to include Abstract Classes.
added a filter ( easier to look for what you need ).

updated file in the files section.

ScriptOMatic.Add_To_ScITE_Tools_Menu.au3

Edited by argumentum
fix the "Add_To_ScITE_Tools" script, now attached here

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

update for 2015.06.08
changed the CIMv2 button to switch between CIMv2 and WMI. ( is a more practical use of the button )
added some support for remote connections. ( executes remotely based in the classes discovered in local PC )
added Save to Disk for the filter by right-click the button. ( is anoying having to set it every time )
fix CPU usage was higher than needed in the main loop. ( ..less abuse on the PC )
added the position in the array to the "select properties". ( when an error pops up, the position is there,
 making it easier to find it in the listview )

update for 2015.06.11
added a "nice" COM error handler ( in Autoit v3.2 if there is a COM error it'll tell you and no more run,
  in v3.3 it will let it slide but you don't realize there was one. So I put together a COM error handler
  that will gather all the errors and show'em to you in an array displayed by _ArrayDisplay. It includes
  the line number and the line of code it self. nice. )
added the Scite lexer. ( There are code generated that is over 6000 lines long and that is a bit too much for
  the edit control, so, I decided that since is gonna run in a PC that most likely is to have ScITE, using
  the DLL just makes sense. Everything that is needed is taken from your installation, colors, fonts, etc.
  In case that ScITE is not there, then, the edit control would be used. )

I like the progress on this project - well done!

Thanks for sharing!

:thumbsup:

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

some CleanUp

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

show me console output 

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

show me console output 

>Running:(3.3.12.0):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "G:\au3forum\Scriptomatic(2015.05.04)\scriptomaticOld2005.au3"    
--> Press Ctrl+Alt+Break to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\Array.au3" (346) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:
Local $iDim_1 = UBound($avArray, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1
Local $iDim_1 = UBound($avArray, ^ ERROR
->10:47:18 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1
+>10:47:18 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 1    Time: 1.107

Just when you start script or after some user actions ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

new link.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

uncoment this:

#Autoit3Wrapper_Testing=y

EDIT:
replace this below code with the follwing

#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

uncoment this:

EDIT:
replace this below code with the follwing

#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

​cool, good to know :)

!> Starting in DebugMode..
Line: @error-@extended: Line syntax
0016: 0-0: #Region ScriptOMatic - Options
0017: 0-0: #NoTrayIcon
0018: 0-0: Opt("GUICloseOnESC", 0)
0019: 0-0: Opt("MustDeclareVars", 1)
0021: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Tool to generate WMI code for AutoIt3.
0022: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=0.2015.6.11
0023: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Stripper=y ; for v3.3
0024: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Tidy=y
0025: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Au3Check_Parameters=-d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w 7
0026: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_Run_Au3Check=N
0028: 0-0: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y
0029: 0-0: #Tidy_Parameters=/reel
0030: 0-0: #pragma compile(AutoItExecuteAllowed, true) ; for v3.3
0032: 0-0: #EndRegion ScriptOMatic - Options
0034: 0-0: Local $isAnsiStr = "", $isAdminStr = "[User]"
0036: 0-0: If IsAdmin() Then $isAdminStr = "[Admin]"
0037: 0-0: Local $sTitle = "AutoIt ScriptOMatic Tool  [2015.05.11]" & $isAnsiStr & $isAdminStr
0039: 0-0: If $CmdLine[0] > 0 Then
0050: 0-0: #Region ScriptOMatic - GUI - pre set up
0054: 0-0: Global $ini = @AppDataDir & "\ScriptOMaticForAutoIt3\ScriptOMatic.ini"
0055: 0-0: Global $sCacheFileBaseName = StringTrimRight($ini, 3) & "cache."
0056: 0-0: If FileExists(@ScriptDir & "\ScriptOMatic.ini") Then ; it"s a portable install
0061: 0-0: If Not FileExists($ini) Then $sCacheFileBaseName = @TempDir & "\ScriptOMatic.cache." ; this way, when in portable mode( and no personal .ini, just the .exe ) is a clean exit ( if so you choose to )
0062: 0-0: Global $iTab = Int(IniRead($ini, "Settings", "g_idAST_ScriptCode_Tab", "4"))
0063: 0-0: Global $sTab = tabInt2Str($iTab)
2256: 0-0:  Local $sTab = ""
2257: 0-0:  For $n = 1 To $iTab
2258: 0-0:      $sTab &= " "
2259: 0-0:  Next
2260: 0-0:  Return $sTab
0064: 0-0: Global $a2h_td1 = IniRead($ini, "Settings", "array2html_bg1", "bgcolor="#EAEAEA"")
0065: 0-0: Global $a2h_td2 = IniRead($ini, "Settings", "array2html_bg2", "bgcolor="#E2E2E2"") ; #0080C0  #E2E2E2
0066: 0-0: Global $sett_RemoveTempFiles = Int(IniRead($ini, "Settings", "sett_RemoveTempFiles", 0))
0067: 0-0: Global $_ArrayDisplay_Override_Topmost = Int(IniRead($ini, "Settings", "ArrayDisplay_Override_Topmost", 0))
0068: 0-0: Global $_ArrayDisplay_Override_PreferredMonitor = Int(IniRead($ini, "Settings", "ArrayDisplay_Override_PreferredMonitor", 0))
0069: 0-0: Global $sSaveFile_InitDir = IniRead($ini, "Settings", "SaveFile_InitDir", @ScriptDir)
0070: 0-0: Global $sGoogleIt = IniRead($ini, "Settings", "sGoogleIt", "https://www.google.com/search?q=wmi+%22@SelectedClass%22+example+vbs")
0071: 0-0: Global $ShowOnlyDynamicClasses = Int(IniRead($ini, "Settings", "ShowOnlyDynamicClasses", 1))
0072: 0-0: Global $iArrayDefaultLimit = Int(IniRead($ini, "Settings", "iArrayDefaultLimit", 1000))
0073: 0-0: Global $iSep = Chr(1) ; for $aRemotePCs, it will be saved to INI in a StringToBinary ( to avoid plain text snooping )
0074: 0-0: Global $aRemotePCs, $gd_ComputerName, $gd_UserName, $gd_UserPassword
0075: 0-0: loadRemotePCs()
2692: 0-0:  $aRemotePCs = IniReadSection($ini, "RemotePCs")
2693: 0-0:  If UBound($aRemotePCs) == 0 Then
2706: 0-0:      Local $n, $a, $f = 1
2707: 0-0:      $aRemotePCs[0][1] = $aRemotePCs[1][1]
2708: 0-0:      ConsoleWrite(UBound($aRemotePCs) & " , " & UBound($aRemotePCs, 2) & @CRLF)
4 , 2
2714: 0-0:      _ArrayDelete($aRemotePCs, 1)
"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include\Array.au3" (346) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:
Local $iDim_1 = UBound($avArray, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1
Local $iDim_1 = UBound($avArray, ^ ERROR
->11:23:17 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1
+>11:23:17 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 1    Time: 1.335

@mLipok , actually, you're gonna see a bunch of "; for v3.3" or "; for v3.3 start" , etc.
Those are markers for another script that weeds out one version from the other, older code.
The file that I distribute in the zip file, is the one for compatibility with the current version,
the one that I work out of, is the one for win95. In my humbly stubborn approach, the reasoning is:
  if it does not need something from a newer version, for a tool, the last version that supports the widest range
of OS's, is v3.2.12.1 and it shows to be very stable and versatile BUT, I found that is strongly preferred to focus on
the current version. So, I build the one I like for the foremention reasons and the one that will run from source on the current version.
Therefore, I will take the code you reformated and apply the concept to the code for a next version that will include the fold at the edge
of the editor, like in ScITE, and also apply that criteria to the generated code, where the fold will have good use,
.... because, honestly, the code is a mess. When I started, I just wanted arrays as an output, but obsessive as am, I did not stop there.
Now I find myself in a pickle. I'd have to rewrite the whole thing to make it do what I'd like, how I'd like, in a presentable manner.
A long speech but I wanted to tell you.
Anyways, thanks for showing me a thing or two, I appreciate it, I have no peers and all expertise that's given to me lets me grow into
a better coder. ( maybe ) =P 

Ok.
If you want then I will back to this project in my free time and do some more CleanUp .

Best regards,
mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Ok.
If you want then I will back to this project in my free time and do some more CleanUp .

Best regards,
mLipok

​Thanks for the offer but I'll get around to do it. In so far the code is functional unless someone finds a bug.
I am going to rewrite it in a UDF like format. UDF for the Scite part and for the WMI.
The main loop should be as short and simple as possible,
Should be done maybe in a month or two.

• 5 months later...

I had no idea this had been updated.  I just stumbled on this looking for something else.  I used the original for years.  Then patched it myself when I needed to when I went to use it and discovered it was broken in the then current version of autoit.  According to the datestamp that was 2008.  I also had no idea that it now came with autoit.  Yes,  I do see it on my machine and that version I'm guessing is newer then one I've been using since I don't have a www lookup button on mine.

I'll have to bookmark this page and come back in a couple days when I have the time.  Outputs as arrays...  that sounds good.  I look forward to that and I'm very curious as what you mean redoing it as a UDF.   Do you mean I'd be able to pull data using your proposed UDF with just a couple lines to reference what I want instead of copying and modifying a couple sections of code from the tool.  If thats what you meant.... Then I eagerly await the future updates.

Thanks for the hard work.  I find it tough to go back and update my old code sometimes.  I've found myself wondering how I could have wrote such sloppy code or thinking why did I do it that way when this other way is so much better.    Doing so on someone else's code is just that much harder.