Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JScript

_GUICtrlInputCueBanner.au3 (UDF) - Sets cuebanner/placehold in the input control!

40 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Function Reference

_GUICtrlInputCueBanner.au3

Creates a cuebanner/placehold (background comment) in the control using Call Back!

Sintax:

_GuiCtrlInput_SetCueBanner( iCtrlID, "sText", iFrontColor, iBackColor )
_GuiCtrlInput_UnSetCueBanner( iCtrlID )

Supports:

; GUICtrlCreateInput() function!

Downloads:

Version: 0.9b

_GUICtrlInputCueBanner_(RedirectLink).html

(Previous downloads: 31)

Note: Functions renamed, see fixes below! Works on Windows XP!

Usage example is included!

Sample:

Posted Image

Fixes:

• 0.9.1012.2600b
  • 10/09/2012 -> Functions renamed:

_GuiCtrlInput_SetComment ------> _GuiCtrlInput_SetCueBanner

_GuiCtrlInput_UnSetComment --> _GuiCtrlInput_UnSetCueBanner

Thanks to Mat, James and guinness

0.9.0912.2600b

• 09/09/2012 -> First release!

Regards,

João Carlos.

Edited by JScript

http://forum.autoitbrasil.com/ (AutoIt v3 Brazil!!!)

Somewhere Out ThereJames Ingram

somewh10.png

dropbo10.pngDownload Dropbox - Simplify your life!
Your virtual HD wherever you go, anywhere!

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

.... GOTOs? We don't need no stinkin' GOTOs! ....

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

@guinness

I had seen, excellent!

But I created this because the text remains even if the control is in focus!

And we can also set the foreground and background color...

Regards,

João Carlos.

Edited by JScript

somewh10.png

@guinness

I had seen, excellent!

But I created this because the text remains even if the control is in focus!

Have a look at the original thread >>

GUICtrlSendMsg($iControlID, $EM_SETCUEBANNER, False or True, "Text")

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

@guinness

Nice!

I had seen it on this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb761639% 28v = VS.85% 29.aspx

But in my UDF we can also set the foreground and background color!

Regards,

João Carlos.

somewh10.png

Just out of curiosity what application did you use for the animation?

@AZJIO

It's a great detail, after all the WinXP will still survive much more than the Win98!

I test my UDFs first in WinXP and this is why I included the number 2600 in the version number of my UDFs!

Regards,

João Carlos.

somewh10.png

A novel approach JScript

Also gets around the XP compatibility issues of EM_SETCUEBANNER

@AZJIO

Minimum OS for EM_SETCUEBANNER is XP

Regarding any other posts of EM_SETCUEBANNER, a simple forum check for pre-existing examples would have sufficed,

but that is done so infrequently here...

I see fascists...

@AZJIO

Minimum OS for EM_SETCUEBANNER is XP

Regarding any other posts of EM_SETCUEBANNER, a simple forum check for pre-existing examples would have sufficed,

but that is done so infrequently here...

All of the examples on the Forum I have not checked, but was looking for an opportunity to make such a control (GenPass v0.2). This abbreviation I have in _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCueBanner. And the example is not working, so I made this conclusion. screenshot

All of the examples on the Forum I have not checked, but was looking for an opportunity to make such a control (GenPass v0.2). This abbreviation I have in _GUICtrlComboBox_SetCueBanner. And the example is not working, so I made this conclusion. screenshot

Hi AZJIO

Two reasons for using JScripts alternative to native EM_SETCUEBANNER in XP

1/

I forgot to mention XP has an issue with Asian Language support that was not fixed until Vista.

Microsoft could not be bothered to fix it in any of the XP service packs of course...

Sorting it all Out : EM_SETCUEBANNER vs. international support in XP and Server 2003

https://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2006/02/25/538735.aspx

2/

Display cuebanner when edit has focus feature does not work in XP.

EM_SETCUEBANNER Message, wParam TRUE - not working for XP. - MSDN Forums

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2799112&SiteID=1

I see fascists...

#18 ·  Posted (edited)

It works for me, on XP SP3 using AutoIt V3.3.8.1. Edited by guinness

It works for me, on XP SP3 using AutoIt V3.3.8.1.

Russian is included in lack of Asian language support in XP

I see fascists...

Russian is included in lack of Asian language support in XP

Yeh, I posted at the same time as you did so missed your post.