Is AutoIT perfect?

Also the part about useful examples and snippets not appearing anymore isn't fair ileandros. I and many others have posted useful snippets in the last 6 months, it's just you don't find them of any use for you.

The examples are user generated content and have little to do with the development of the language.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

@ileandros Moderation. is an unrelated issue, and I disagree with you. Moderators should remove code that breaks forum rules. For that they need to be able to edit other people's posts.

I have seen moderator editing a reproducer of someone who had not used code tags. That guys hadn't used code tags because he has problem reading small letter and has a special screen for that.

Recommending useing code tags is ok. Editing to put the code tags is unexeptable for me.

And as for the moderators, i said since there are moderators why dev team keeps doing their job??? If a dev has such power then just remove the moderators. I can't find any use of them after that. In general and support forum i see more threads locked by devs than mods.

Anyway i dont want to discuss more this.

Edit: I have not personall problem with those guys. Afterall Jon knows better than me what he is doing

Also the part about useful examples and snippets not appearing anymore isn't fair ileandros. I and many others have posted useful snippets in the last 6 months, it's just you don't find them of any use for you.

The examples are user generated content and have little to do with the development of the language.

And who finds them??? Because all the latests examples have like 2-3.

Usefull means that will help people and will help language development.

This is usefull

NomadMemory is usefull

IE UDF is usefull

INet UDF is usefull except of the _GetIP which i find rediculus and 100% unstable function. No debugs nothing.

SQL is good

WinApi is good

@replace is good.

FF udf is good

opera udf is good

Not iptool

not youtube download

not skype automatation...

Edited by ileandros

I feel nothing.It feels great.

i dont want to discuss more this.

I couldn't agree more.

Also the point about _GetIP isn't quite valid, because it was updated ages ago to be stable. PM if it isn't working for you or post in Trac.

Edited by guinness

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Func _GetIP()
Local $aReturn, $bRead, $sRead
$bRead = InetRead("http://checkip.dyndns.org/")
$sRead = BinaryToString($bRead)
$aReturn = StringRegExp($sRead, '(?s)(?i)<body>Current IP Address: (.*?)</body>', 3)
If @error = 0 Then
Return $aReturn[0]
EndIf
$bRead = InetRead("http://automation.whatismyip.com/n09230945.asp")
$sRead = BinaryToString($bRead)
If @error Then
Return SetError(1, 0, -1)
EndIf
Return $sRead
EndFunc ;==>_GetIP

Seriously you find this function stable???

Cuz i find it nothing more than useless.

P.S i just read that it is your function. Didn't knew it. No offence.

Edited by ileandros

I have seen moderator editing a reproducer of someone who had not used code tags. That guys hadn't used code tags because he has problem reading small letter and has a special screen for that.

I vaguely remember this. I thought it had to do with a mobile device. The thread was stupid anyway.

And as for the moderators, i said since there are moderators why dev team keeps doing their job??? If a dev has such power then just remove the moderators.

What makes you think all devs have the power to lock threads? This is a presumption. It's also somewhat ridiculous to complain about stuff like this when people invest time and effort to create the best product they can. Mods do a good job - easing the workload, period. Edited by czardas

P.S i just read that it is your function. Didn't knew it. No offence.

None taken. I did say PM me or post in Trac so this thread doesn't go off-topic as it already has done. That function you posted is outdated and old, it doesn't reflect the version I committed to AutoIt back in April.

A word to the wise, instead of saying something is wrong, fix it instead!

UDF List:

None taken. I did say PM me or post in Trac so this thread doesn't go off-topic as it already has done. That function you posted is outdated and old, it doesn't reflect the version I committed to AutoIt back in April.

A word to the wise, instead of saying something is wrong, fix it instead!

I don't think that it is such a big problem going of topic. It is a chat forum after all ;)

I can imagine that a newer verions have more url to return the ip???

I would love to know what shall i do in case those urls are down for some reason and this function is used in security company of the state with 1000 people working with it

So ileandros, what you are really saying is you'll be happy if there are more examples that help you personally.

I'm not surprised you don't want to talk more about such a subject, because you're spouting a ton of shite.

I'd like to see all these recent threads edited by devs too, you wont show them because there's only really one dev that actually moderates the forum.

Conclusion: selfishly full of shit.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

So ileandros, what you are really saying is you'll be happy if there are more examples that help you personally.

I'm not surprised you don't want to talk more about such a subject, because you're spouting a ton of shite.

I'd like to see all these recent threads edited by devs too, you wont show them because there's only really one dev that actually moderates the forum.

I find this udf one of the bests that a dev has released. I have never used it

Conclusion? Keep comments like this "selfishly full of shit." for your self.

I would love to know what shall i do in case those urls are down for some reason and this function is used in security company of the state with 1000 people working with it

I know the answer to this. Blame the tools, or if it's the English gov then blame the Chinese. Ping!

Edit

Like gunness suggested, these things are easy to fix.

Edited by czardas

I find this udf one of the bests that a dev has released. I have never used it

Conclusion? Keep comments like this "selfishly full of shit." for your self.

You're not the boss of me, why don't you go and complain to one of the mods or dev team you hate so much.

You took a topic about autoit development and made it about you and the udfs you like, and that you want them updated.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Can we have a fund raiser to bring Valik back? (no disrespect implied)

If only I had chose a necromancer.

Yes, to topic title.

AutoIt is as perfect a system as anyone of us.

Edited by Xandy

You're not the boss of me, why don't you go and complain to one of the mods or dev team you hate so much.

You took a topic about autoit development and made it about you and the udfs you like, and that you want them updated.

I hate noone. And if it makes you feel better, neither you.

In case you are stupid enough and in case you dont know english read my reponse to you again, use google translate or something similar, you will find an answer ;)

I am wondering but can't understand what your saying. What "you"? And what underlines are those? Are they supposed to mean something? I am an englishman in NY ain't i?

Did i offend you somehow? I am not getting what you trying to achive.

If you need some attention get a pet. Will do ;)

I hate noone. And if it makes you feel better, neither you.

In case you are stupid enough and in case you dont know english read my reponse to you again, use google translate or something similar, you will find an answer ;)

I am wondering but can't understand what your saying. What "you"? And what underlines are those? Are they supposed to mean something? I am an englishman in NY ain't i?

Did i offend you somehow? I am not getting what you trying to achive.

If you need some attention get a pet. Will do ;)

I don't see any ambiguity in what I am saying.

This is a thread about autoit and it's development.

You pipe up that you don't like devs editing or locking threads.

You further spout that you're not happy with the udfs you specifically like not being updated as often as you want them to.

And then go on to suggest that new examples you have seen are worthless, because they are no good to you.

I can see you are not very bright, but a child could understand what I'm saying, it's black and while.

Things started to get messy when Valik departed. Despite his swearing, which didn't always go down too well with everyone, he was the only person around here who knew how to run a tight ship.

They have?

Sorry to disagree, and as much as I like Valik, I see no reason for all this seeming despair.

As I recall it, he voluntarily jumped ship.

You can all speculate on his reasons for that, but only he really knows.

One could speculate though, that he cared more about getting his own way (as a Mod, not Dev), than giving us the users, what we want or need.

We have a different hand on the rudder now, and things no doubt have returned to the more measured pace of previous times, making allowance for a language that has reached a certain level of maturity.

I don't see how it hasn't been a tight ship around here since Valik's departure either.

I think both Jos and Melba23 have been doing an excellent job.

Hasn't been too many upsets or bannings ... less than previously in fact.

Because of recent departures from Dev, there is obviously a further delay on the next update .... which had been held off anyway, because of many changes .... some unfinished by those departures.

So just be patient.

P.S. I'm only speaking up from things I've become aware of to some degree, so do not take what I say, as the concrete words of Jon, Jos or any other developer, etc.

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

@TheSaint I'm referring more to update news, release change documentation, discussion of new features. I mean he ran a tight ship in terms of helping with decision making, offering guidance to trancexx. Hell there's a list as long as my arm. You always knew where you stood with Valik, there was no beating around the bush. Whatever happened behind the scenes, I can only guess. When Jos walked out I was very sad about that too. It seems there's a lot of emotionalism involved. It's perhaps to be expected from talented people - that much I can guarantee. I don't know why moderation seems to be on everyone's mind. That's another story altogether - one that never crossed my mind when I made that statement.

There have been no posts in the Latest Beta thread between 26 July 2012 and 27 Jan 2013. That isn't how things used to be. You can argue that Valik quit after these dates if you like.

Edited by czardas

@czardas - fair enough, but it didn't come over that way, and Valik was known just as much for his Moderating, which was where all the trouble was at. :wacko:

I'm aware, that a few alpha's have been released, with probably only a select few having access to them.

I can confirm, that a lot of work has been going on behind the scenes, even by many of the MVP's with the essential skills.

I'm not one of those latter, but I can say I've been very impressed with our current team, despite the loss of two key members in recent months.

I'm mostly an MVP for my Good Looks and Charm! :D;)

And because I'm so Saintly. o:)

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

@TheSaint - I get the connection between 'tight ship' and 'moderation', so perhaps it was a bad choice of words. You know what they say - 'worse things have happened at sea!' ;)

I feel no need to add any further comments other than to say I think it's a pity about some of the things that happened recently. It's out of my hands anyway, and that smiley's far too smug.

Edited by czardas

• Jos locked this topic