Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kudrow

Going Crazy

29 posts in this topic

OK I am going crazy with StingRegExp. I have to be missing something. It is giving me a positive match for a SINGLE letter of the string to look for. So if I tell it to look for "pass" and the search string contains password it returns positive. Why does it not match EXACT!? I am not looking for partial matches, I need exact, case sensitive as well. 

Any thoughts?

$inBoundip = $sClientIPAddress
    $inBoundData = TCPRecv ($iSocket, 5)
    If $inBoundData=="login" Then
        TCPSend ($iSocket, "success")
        $inBoundData = TCPRecv ($iSocket, 2048)
    $convert = BinaryToString ($inBoundData)

$convert2 = BinaryToString (_EncDec(0, $convert))
    $stringtosplit = StringSplit($convert2, "#")
    $username = $stringtosplit[1]
    $password = $stringtosplit[2]
    $path = "C:\accounts\" & $username & "\" & $username & ".txt"
    $accountExists = FileExists ($path)
    If $accountExists == 1 Then
        $datafile = FileRead ($path)
        $chckpass = StringRegExp($datafile, $password)

The string it is evaluating is a text file containing other data including a password. I am searching the entire data file to see if $password exist in it. So if the users password is "password" and its inside the data file and $password = "pass" or "pa" or "word" or any character it returns true. It should be able to see that "pass" is not an exact match to "password".

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

kudrow,

Something like this perhaps: ;)

$sKey = "blah"

Global $aString[3] = ["BlahblahBlah", " blah", "blah"]

For $i = 0 To 2
    If StringRegExp($aString[$i], "^" & $sKey & "$") Then
        ConsoleWrite("Found" & @CRLF)
    Else
        ConsoleWrite("Not Found" & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Next
M23 Edited by Melba23
Typo

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

This is how I would do it

$sKey = "pa"

Global $aString[3] = ["pass", " password", "pa"]

For $i = 0 To 2
    If $aString[$i] == $sKey Then
        ConsoleWrite("Found" & @CRLF)
    Else
        ConsoleWrite("Not Found" & @CRLF)
    EndIf
Next

NEWHeader1.png

I agree with J1 : StringInStr should suffice, no ?

Also, be careful to special chars (reserved chars of RegExp) in your key that you want to search to. You should use "Q" & $sKey & "E" To match something like P@$$w0rd+

I truly believe that the == is the fastest absolute test.

8)

NEWHeader1.png

#11 ·  Posted (edited)

Thank you for the replies everyone. I did try StingInStr before I posted for help and received the same results. I received positive returns on partial matches. I am going to evaluate the examples yall provided above to see if I can understand them and then test them. Thanks again everyone for the help!

I am a little confused. $password can be anything. It is actually a string from a login GUI. I take this string and use it as the pattern to search for. So if a users stored password is "AutoITRocks" and they enter (for example) "Auto" in the password field of the GUI, it returns a true value based on the partial match.

Edited by kudrow

The string it is evaluating is a text file containing other data including a password. I am searching the entire data file to see if $password exist in it.

So "==" will obviously don't do the trick, either StringInStr because it will match "pa" in "password" - requirements quite clear in OP's post #3

$Password = "pass"
$data = " big sting of data including the pissward password inside as well as the shorter pass word"

If StringInStr($data, " " & $Password & " ") Then
    MsgBox(0, "Woo", "Hoooo!")
EndIf

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

#14 ·  Posted (edited)

Maybe:

StringRegExp($string, "\b\Q" & $password & "\E\b")

?

Edit:

or exact match:

StringRegExp($string, "^\b\Q" & $password & "\E\z")
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Where's your pattern?

looks like you just need StringInStr.

The pattern is $password

I am going to throw that out there, look in my signature for PasswordValid to check the validity of the password too e.g. enough digits, lowercase chars etc.

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 04/09/2015

$Password = "pass"
$data = " big sting of data including the pissward password inside as well as the shorter pass word"

If StringInStr($data, " " & $Password & " ") Then
    MsgBox(0, "Woo", "Hoooo!")
EndIf

Ok so this is looking for spaces on either side of the variable $password correct?

#19 ·  Posted (edited)

Yes, I suppose it's a rather poor example

No it's not. 

It is essentially the same as

Stringregexp($data, '\b\Q' & $Password & '\E\b')

as suggested earlier.

The OP's problem was not making the match restrictive enough.

kylomas

Edited by kylomas

Forum Rules         Procedure for posting code

"I like pigs.  Dogs look up to us.  Cats look down on us.  Pigs treat us as equals."

- Sir Winston Churchill

I am going to throw that out there, look in my signature for PasswordValid to check the validity of the password too e.g. enough digits, lowercase chars etc.

Got it! I will be using this for the registration side of the script! Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Robinson1
      By Robinson1
      Well the plan is to use the power of regular expressions engine of AutoIT for patching binary data.
      Something like this: StringRegExp( $BinaryData,  "(?s)\x55\x8B.."

<cut> ... Okay straight to question/problem
      ... certain bytes that are in the range from 0x80 to 0xA0 won't match.
      Hmm seem to be a char encoding problem. In detail these are 27 chars: 0x80, 0x82~8C, 0x8E, 0x91~9C, 0x9E,0x9F
      Here's a small code snippet to explore / explain this problem:
      #include "StringConstants.au3" $TestData = BinaryToString("0x7E7F808182") ;Okay $match = StringRegExp( $TestData ,'\x7E' ,$STR_REGEXPARRAYFULLMATCH) ConsoleWrite('@extended = ' & @extended & ' $match = ' & $match & @CRLF) ;Okay $match = StringRegExp( $TestData ,'\x7F' ,$STR_REGEXPARRAYFULLMATCH) ConsoleWrite('@extended = ' & @extended & ' $match = ' & $match & @CRLF) ;Error no match $match = StringRegExp( $TestData ,'\x80' ,$STR_REGEXPARRAYFULLMATCH) ConsoleWrite('@extended = ' & @extended & ' $match = ' & $match & @CRLF) ;Okay $match = StringRegExp( $TestData ,'\x81' ,$STR_REGEXPARRAYFULLMATCH) ConsoleWrite('@extended = ' & @extended & ' $match = ' & $match & @CRLF) ;Error no match $match = StringRegExp( $TestData ,'\x82' ,$STR_REGEXPARRAYFULLMATCH) ConsoleWrite('@extended = ' & @extended & ' $match = ' & $match & @CRLF) ;~ output: ;~ @extended = 2 $match = ;~ @extended = 3 $match = ;~ @extended = 0 $match = 1 ;~ @extended = 5 $match = ;~ @extended = 0 $match = 1 Hmm what to do? Go back and use the 'numberstring monster' implementation or just omit that range of 'unsafe bytes'. What is the root of this problem?
      Any idea how to fix this?

Update: Okay I know a byte is not a character.
      But StringRegExp operates on String and so character level.
      Okay as long as you stay at Ansi encoding and only use /x00 - /X7F in the search pattern using  StringRegExp works well to search for binary data.
      What bytes can be matched that are in the range from /X7F - /xFF is also depending on the code page.
      So this avoid to search for bytes in the range from 0x80-0xa0 only applies to Germany.
      I just change this country setting:

to Thai and now near all bytes from /X7F - /xFF fails to match.
    • Carm01
      By Carm01
      Hello,
      I have spent the past day fooling with StringRegExp to no avail attempting to get what would be a simple solution to an issue using StringRegExp.
      I will post the code in a sec. The string 'Java x Update y' where x and y are numeric values ONLY if a letter is mixed in anywhere then it should fail. I have been able to successfully deal with the x value so if x = 1234 or a1234 or 1a234 or 1234a would result in a fail if 'a' was in the string. However, when y = 1a234 then I get an output of 1 and when y = 1234a then the output = 1234 when both should fail. I am probably overlooking something simple and in looking through all the material and experimenting I am unable to figure it out and my experience with stringregexp and trying to find examples of this proved difficult. If someone could assist or point me to a thread ? Here is my code ; prob a simple fix. I am also trying to avoid white spaces.
      Thanks in advance
      #include <array.au3> $aArray = StringRegExp('Java 3009 Update 1a21', '(?i)Java (\d+) Update (\d+)', $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH) If @error Then Exit _ArrayDisplay($aArray)  
    • VIP
      By VIP
      Need help to make function better  with full infomation
      #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> _TEST(@ScriptFullPath) _TEST("A:") _TEST("A:\B.c") _TEST("D:\E\F\") _TEST("G:\H/../J.k/") _TEST("M:\N\k..J.k") _TEST("D:\E\F\..\G\G\I..J.K.M") Func _TEST($sFilePath) Local $sDrive = "", $sFullPathDir = "", $sDirPath = "", $sDirName = "", $sFileName = "", $sFileNameExt = "", $sExtension = "", $sExt = "" Local $aPathSplit = _PathSplitByRef($sFilePath, $sDrive, $sFullPathDir, $sDirPath, $sDirName, $sFileName, $sFileNameExt, $sExtension, $sExt) ConsoleWrite("!Path IN : " & $sFilePath & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\hosts.exe ConsoleWrite("- Driver : " & $sDrive & @CRLF) ; C: ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $sFullPathDir & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\etc ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $sDirPath & @CRLF) ; \Windows\System32\etc\ ConsoleWrite("- DirName : " & $sDirName & @CRLF) ; etc ConsoleWrite("- FileName : " & $sFileName & @CRLF) ; hosts ConsoleWrite("- FileNameExt: " & $sFileNameExt & @CRLF) ; hosts.exe ConsoleWrite("- Extension : " & $sExtension & @CRLF) ; .exe ConsoleWrite("- Ext : " & $sExt & @CRLF & @CRLF) ; exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("!Path IN : " & $aPathSplit[0] & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\hosts.exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("- Driver : " & $aPathSplit[1] & @CRLF) ; C: ;~ ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $aPathSplit[2] & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\etc ;~ ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $aPathSplit[3] & @CRLF) ; \Windows\System32\etc\ ;~ ConsoleWrite("- DirName : " & $aPathSplit[4] & @CRLF) ; etc ;~ ConsoleWrite("- FileName : " & $aPathSplit[5] & @CRLF) ; hosts ;~ ConsoleWrite("- FileNameExt: " & $aPathSplit[6] & @CRLF) ; hosts.exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("- Extension : " & $aPathSplit[7] & @CRLF) ; .exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("- Ext : " & $aPathSplit[8] & @CRLF) ; exe ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aPathSplit, "_PathSplit of " & $sFilePath) EndFunc ;==>_TEST Func _PathSplitByRef($sFilePath, ByRef $sDrive, ByRef $sFullPathDir, ByRef $sDirPath, ByRef $sDirName, ByRef $sFileName, ByRef $sFileNameExt, ByRef $sExtension, ByRef $sExt) If StringInStr($sFilePath,"..") Then $sFilePath=_PathFull($sFilePath) Local $aPartOfPath=StringRegExp($sFilePath, "^\h*((?:\\\\\?\\)*(\\\\[^\?\/\\]+|[A-Za-z]:)?(.*[\/\\]\h*)?((?:[^\.\/\\]|(?(?=\.[^\/\\]*\.)\.))*)?([^\/\\]*))$", $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH) ;~ If @error Then ReDim $aPartOfPath[9] ;~ $aPartOfPath[0] = $sFilePath ;~ EndIf $aPartOfPath[0] = $sFilePath ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\hosts.exe $sDrive = $aPartOfPath[1] ; C: $sFullPathDir = $aPartOfPath[1] & $aPartOfPath[2] ; C:\Windows\System32\etc If StringLeft($aPartOfPath[2], 1) == "/" Then $sDirPath = StringRegExpReplace($aPartOfPath[2], "\h*[\/\\]+\h*", "\/") Else $sDirPath = StringRegExpReplace($aPartOfPath[2], "\h*[\/\\]+\h*", "\\") EndIf $aPartOfPath[2] = $sFullPathDir ; C:\Windows\System32\etc $sDirName=StringReplace($sDirPath,"\","") $sDirName=StringReplace($sDirPath,"/","") $sFileName = $aPartOfPath[3] ; hosts $aPartOfPath[5] = $sFileName ; hosts $sExtension = $aPartOfPath[4] ; .exe $aPartOfPath[7] = $sExtension ; .exe $aPartOfPath[3] = $sDirPath ; \Windows\System32\etc\ $aPartOfPath[4] = $sDirName ; etc $aPartOfPath[6] = $sFileName & $sExtension ; hosts.exe $sFileNameExt = $aPartOfPath[6] ; hosts.exe $sExt = StringReplace($sExtension,".","") ; exe $aPartOfPath[8] = $sExt ; exe Return $aPartOfPath EndFunc ;==>_PathSplitByRef  
    • Subz
      By Subz
      Does anyone know how to split a string using multiple delimiters, returning both the values and delimiters withing the Array using StringRegExp?  For example:
      ;~ Split on " Not ", " And ", " Or " $sString = ' Not $a = 1 And $b = 2 Or $b = 3' $aArray = StringRegExp($sString,...) ;~ Returned Results $aArray[0] = '$a = 1' $aArray[1] = 'And' $aArray[2] = '$b = 2' $aArray[3] = 'Or' $aArray[4] = '$b = 3' At the moment I'm using
      Local $aArray1 = StringRegExp($sString, '(?i) Or | And | Not ', 3) Creating a new array using string split and then joining the two arrays together again
      Local $aArray1 = StringSplit(StringRegExpReplace($sString, '(?i) Or | And | Not ', '******'), '******', 3) Unfortunately regular expression isn't my forte.
    • VIP
      By VIP
      Hi,
      I need help string RegEx to get string from CREATE to GO
      #include <StringConstants.au3> ;~ Global $fileSQL1 = @ScriptDir & "\fileSQL1.sql" ;~ Global $fileSQL2 = @ScriptDir & "\fileSQL2.sql" Global $tmpSQLfile = @TempDir & "\tmpFile.sql" OnAutoItExitRegister("_OnExit") _SetTMPsql() If Not FileExists($tmpSQLfile) Then OnAutoItExitUnRegister("_OnExit") Exit MsgBox(48, "/!\", "File: " & $tmpSQLfile & @CRLF & " is not Exists!", 3) EndIf Global $ContentSQLfile = FileRead($tmpSQLfile) _Start() Func _Start() Local $aArray, $iOffset = 1, $stringRegExp = '(?i)CREATE(.*?)GO' While 1 $aArray = StringRegExp($ContentSQLfile, $stringRegExp, $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH, $iOffset) If @error Then MsgBox(48, "StringRegExp Error " & @error, "+> StringRegExp: " & $stringRegExp & @CRLF & @CRLF & "=> With STRING:" & @CRLF & @CRLF & $ContentSQLfile) ExitLoop EndIf $iOffset = @extended For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) - 1 MsgBox(0, "RegExp Test with Option 1 - " & $i, $aArray[$i]) Next WEnd EndFunc ;==>_Start Func _SetTMPsql() Local $tmpSQLContent = "" $tmpSQLContent &= "USE [Master]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "CREATE DATABASE [Sales] ON PRIMARY " & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "( NAME = N’Sales’, FILENAME = N’\FSASQLDBSales.mdf’ , " & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " SIZE = 2GB , MAXSIZE = 8GB, FILEGROWTH = 1GB )" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "LOG ON " & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "( NAME = N’Sales_log’, FILENAME = N’\FSASQLDBSales_log.ldf’ , " & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " SIZE = 1GB , MAXSIZE = 2GB , FILEGROWTH = 10%)" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "USE [Sales]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "-- Table Product" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Product]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "(" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [ProductId] [uniqueidentifier] DEFAULT NEWID() NOT NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [ProductName] [nchar](50) NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [ProductDescription] [nchar](3000) NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [ProductPrice] MONEY NULL" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= ") ON [PRIMARY]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "-- Table Sales" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Sales]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "( " & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [SaleId] [uniqueidentifier] DEFAULT NEWID() NOT NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [SaleName] [nchar](50) NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [SaleInfo] [nchar](3000) NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [SaleMoney] MONEY NULL" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= ") ON [PRIMARY]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "SET ANSI_NULLS ON" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "-- The End" & @CRLF Local $hOpen = FileOpen($tmpSQLfile, 2 + 8 + 128) FileWrite($hOpen, $tmpSQLContent) Return FileClose($hOpen) EndFunc ;==>_SetTMPsql Func _OnExit() Exit FileDelete($tmpSQLfile) EndFunc ;==>_OnExit  
      mikell