2 posts in this topic

i have a script that extract the second caracter from specific phrase

$aUser = StringSplit($sText, " ")
$status = $aUser[2]

but sometime there are no $aUser[2] and thats get an error
$status = $aUser[2]
$status = ^ ERROR

and i have to restart script manual each time

It is possible to pass this kind of error?
I need the script to run NON STOP without interrupting it on error

The help file is your friend :)

On success StringSplit returns an array with element 0 set to the number of elements. Else @error is set to 1.

1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• kneze
      By kneze
      Hi
      i try to read Wlan Profiles from local Computer. First Step Command Prompt: netsh wlan show profiles >> C:\temp\test\wlan.txt.
      Second Step (here's a sample script to find a solution for my problem. Script read each line of wlan.txt and Display Name of Wireless Connection which i have set up in the past.  If i edit wlan.txt to wlan - sample.txt script works. wlan.txt containsline without : so i get error message. How can i read only lines beginning with All User Profile so i can use original file wlan.txt which i crate in the command prompt with: netsh wlan show profiles >> C:\temp\test\wlan.txt ?
      Thanks for any suggestions.
      Kneze
      $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 374, 268, 892, 512) $Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("button", 145, 35, 75, 25) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit Case $Button1 $file = "C:\temp\test\wlan.txt" FileOpen($file, 0) For $i = 1 to _FileCountLines($file) $line = FileReadLine($file, $i) $after = StringSplit($line, ":")[2] MsgBox(262144, "Result", $after, 0) Next FileClose($file) EndSwitch WEnd  

wlan - sample.txt
      wlan.txt
    • blemas
      By blemas
      The McAfee return for AV defs per "C:\Progra~1\Common~1\McAfee\SystemCore\csscan.exe -Versions" is ...
      CommonShell Command Line Scanner Lite (VSCORE.15.5.0.3960)
          Engine version: 5800.7501
          DAT version:    8450.0
          Time required:  15 milliseconds
      I want to isolate the actual DAT version as "8450.0".  There may be an easier way to get the DAT Version via other McAfee or registry methods but essentially I just want to know how to parse a string at a character or @CRLF into two separate strings for further parsing. Example:
      $string = "Name=Microsoft Windows 10 Professional |C:\windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2"
      Parse into $var1 = "Name" & $var2 = "Microsoft Windows 10 Professional |C:\windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2"
      From there I'd like to parse $var2 at "|" into  $var3 = "Microsoft Windows 10 Professional" and $var4 "C:\windows|\Device\Harddisk0\Partition2"

• crushyna
      By crushyna
      Hello everyone!

I've encountered a strange problem while adding files (or rather file names) to a ListView.
      Mechanics are simple:
      1. Select files to add (FileOpenDialog + Multiselect)
      2. Split selected string (filepath) into array (StringSplit)
      3. File names appear on ListView (GUICtrlCreateListViewItem)

Writing starts from second array (since 0 is array size, and 1 is filepath).
      Problem occurs when I try to add one file. Then, no filenames are added.
      As far as I know, selecting one file generates only 2 strings (0 and 1) to split, therefore no string is written into ListView.

Is there any way / workaround to make this thing work properly?

Some code here:
      While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $idAddTest $sMessage = "Select test cases to load:" $sFileOpenDialog = FileOpenDialog($sMessage, @WorkingDir & "\data\tests\", "All (*.*)", $FD_FILEMUSTEXIST & $FD_MULTISELECT) If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No test(s) were selected.") FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir) Else FileChangeDir(@ScriptDir) $aFileList = StringSplit($sFileOpenDialog, "|", @CRLF) For $i = 2 to $aFileList[0] MsgBox( 0, "test", $aFileList[$i]) ;just for testing purposes GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aFileList[$i], $idTestCaseList) Next EndIf EndSwitch WEnd  
      And nothing more spectacular from ListView side:
      Global $idTestCaseList = GUICtrlCreateListView("List of Tests ", 24, 24, 225, 502, BitOR($LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS, $LVS_NOSORTHEADER, $LVS_REPORT)) GUICtrlSetTip(-1, "List of test cases."& @CRLF &"Hold CTRL to select multiple lines.")  
      Any help appreciated!
    • ur
      By ur
      How to use regular expressions in StringSplit and StringInStr
    • meows
      By meows
      12 where is a simple StringSplit at delimeter example please?
      Copy to clipboard #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Example() Func Example() Local $aDays = StringSplit("Mon,Tues,Wed,Thur,Fri,Sat,Sun", ",") ; Split the string of days using the delimeter "," and the default flag value. #cs The array returned will contain the following values: $aDays[1] = "Mon" $aDays[2] = "Tues" $aDays[3] = "Wed" ... $aDays[7] = "Sun" #ce For $i = 1 To $aDays[0] ; Loop through the array returned by StringSplit to display the individual values. MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "$aDays[" & $i & "] - " & $aDays[$i]) Next EndFunc ;==>Example I went through Datatypes  Operators Conditional Obj Statements I had high hopes for Obj statements but it was a waste so I went to Google, Yahoo, Yandex, Sohu, and Baidu.
      All I learned is that Baidu has more mobile customers than the US has people!
      I need to separate this string at each to enter into a database
      BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="Apache2.4"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="Apache2.4"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="AppIDSvc"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="AppIDSvc"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="AppIDSvc"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="Appinfo"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="Appinfo"BabyMAKERrootCIMV2:Win32_Service.Name="asComSvc"

ALL three examples are ARRAYS....  If I wanted a tree I go to the beach and catch a fish and plant it
      deep with lots of tree food. Then water it daily waiting for the day the fish turns into a tree.
      Is it a joke? I did a search array in the help(Help control 6.1) file for array and got NO RESULTS.
      I tried the trim examples and they worked great but I have no way of knowing how long each string will be at the delimeter
      so where is a simple StringSplit at delimeter example please? I know I had to miss it.