kcvinu

Want learn StringRegExp, but help file is not beginer friendly

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

StringRegExpReplace is a great function and the example in help file is a marvelous piece of coding of functional programming. What a beauty it is. StringRegExp is a wonderful feature in AutoIt. How can I learn more about StringRegExp. Unfortunately, article in help file is not very well for a beginner. Where I can find the best tutorials about StringRegExp. Does any difference between other Regular Expression tutorials and AutoIt RegExp ?

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

Test1()
Test2()
Test3()

; This example demonstrates a basic replacement.  It replaces the vowels aeiou
; with the @ character.
Func Test1()
    Local $sInput = "Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?"
    Local $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sInput, "[aeiou]", "@")
    Display($sInput, $sOutput)
EndFunc   ;==>Test1

; The following example demonstrates using back-references to change the date
; from MM/DD/YYYY to DD.MM.YYYY
Func Test2()
    Local $sInput = 'some text1 12/31/2009 01:02:03 some text2' & @CRLF & _
            'some text3 02/28/2009 11:22:33 some text4'
    Local $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sInput, '(\d{2})/(\d{2})/(\d{4})', ' $2.$1.$3 ')
EndFunc   ;==>Test2

; The following example demonstrates the need to double backslash
Func Test3()
    Local $sInput = '%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\'
    Local $sOutput = StringRegExpReplace($sInput, '%([^%]*?)%', 'C:\\WINDOWS\\Some Other Folder$')
EndFunc   ;==>Test3

Func Display($sInput, $sOutput)
    ; Format the output.
    Local $sMsg = StringFormat("Input:\t%s\n\nOutput:\t%s", $sInput, $sOutput)
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Results", $sMsg)
EndFunc   ;==>Display

My Contributions

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

First of all: The search function of the forum is your friend ;)

Looking for "Regular Expressions tutorial" showed up a lot of threads including >this one. Should at least be a good starting point.

1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

This is also a great resource: http://www.regular-expressions.info/

But regexone.com seems rather to the point as well.

1 person likes this

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Hi ,

Thanks to

water and SadBunny. Let me check the link. :)

My Contributions

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

The forum is the very good way to learn : search for regex and open topics, then try to understand the code.

You can also try your expressions with an online regex tester like regex101.com which explain in details the expression content. This web site contains a Community tab with a lot of examples.

1 person likes this

AutoIt help file isn't meant to be a tutorial: no more for regexps than for, say, the Windows messaging system. When you select a regepx tutorial, prefer one about the PCRE (Perl-Compatible Regular Expressions) flavor, which is what AutoIt uses.

1 person likes this

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

Hi,

Thank you 

jchdjguinch

My Contributions

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Robinson1
      By Robinson1
      Well the plan is to use the power of regular expressions engine of AutoIT for patching binary data.
      Something like this: StringRegExp( $BinaryData,  "(?s)\x55\x8B.."

<cut> ... Okay straight to question/problem
      ... certain bytes that are in the range from 0x80 to 0xA0 won't match.
      Hmm seem to be a char encoding problem. In detail these are 27 chars: 0x80, 0x82~8C, 0x8E, 0x91~9C, 0x9E,0x9F
      Here's a small code snippet to explore / explain this problem:
      #include "StringConstants.au3" $TestData = BinaryToString("0x7E7F808182") ;Okay $match = StringRegExp( $TestData ,'\x7E' ,$STR_REGEXPARRAYFULLMATCH) ConsoleWrite('@extended = ' & @extended & ' $match = ' & $match & @CRLF) ;Okay $match = StringRegExp( $TestData ,'\x7F' ,$STR_REGEXPARRAYFULLMATCH) ConsoleWrite('@extended = ' & @extended & ' $match = ' & $match & @CRLF) ;Error no match $match = StringRegExp( $TestData ,'\x80' ,$STR_REGEXPARRAYFULLMATCH) ConsoleWrite('@extended = ' & @extended & ' $match = ' & $match & @CRLF) ;Okay $match = StringRegExp( $TestData ,'\x81' ,$STR_REGEXPARRAYFULLMATCH) ConsoleWrite('@extended = ' & @extended & ' $match = ' & $match & @CRLF) ;Error no match $match = StringRegExp( $TestData ,'\x82' ,$STR_REGEXPARRAYFULLMATCH) ConsoleWrite('@extended = ' & @extended & ' $match = ' & $match & @CRLF) ;~ output: ;~ @extended = 2 $match = ;~ @extended = 3 $match = ;~ @extended = 0 $match = 1 ;~ @extended = 5 $match = ;~ @extended = 0 $match = 1 Hmm what to do? Go back and use the 'numberstring monster' implementation or just omit that range of 'unsafe bytes'. What is the root of this problem?
      Any idea how to fix this?

Update: Okay I know a byte is not a character.
      But StringRegExp operates on String and so character level.
      Okay as long as you stay at Ansi encoding and only use /x00 - /X7F in the search pattern using  StringRegExp works well to search for binary data.
      What bytes can be matched that are in the range from /X7F - /xFF is also depending on the code page.
      So this avoid to search for bytes in the range from 0x80-0xa0 only applies to Germany.
      I just change this country setting:

to Thai and now near all bytes from /X7F - /xFF fails to match.
    • Carm01
      By Carm01
      Hello,
      I have spent the past day fooling with StringRegExp to no avail attempting to get what would be a simple solution to an issue using StringRegExp.
      I will post the code in a sec. The string 'Java x Update y' where x and y are numeric values ONLY if a letter is mixed in anywhere then it should fail. I have been able to successfully deal with the x value so if x = 1234 or a1234 or 1a234 or 1234a would result in a fail if 'a' was in the string. However, when y = 1a234 then I get an output of 1 and when y = 1234a then the output = 1234 when both should fail. I am probably overlooking something simple and in looking through all the material and experimenting I am unable to figure it out and my experience with stringregexp and trying to find examples of this proved difficult. If someone could assist or point me to a thread ? Here is my code ; prob a simple fix. I am also trying to avoid white spaces.
      Thanks in advance
      #include <array.au3> $aArray = StringRegExp('Java 3009 Update 1a21', '(?i)Java (\d+) Update (\d+)', $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH) If @error Then Exit _ArrayDisplay($aArray)  
    • VIP
      By VIP
      Need help to make function better  with full infomation
      #include <Array.au3> #include <File.au3> _TEST(@ScriptFullPath) _TEST("A:") _TEST("A:\B.c") _TEST("D:\E\F\") _TEST("G:\H/../J.k/") _TEST("M:\N\k..J.k") _TEST("D:\E\F\..\G\G\I..J.K.M") Func _TEST($sFilePath) Local $sDrive = "", $sFullPathDir = "", $sDirPath = "", $sDirName = "", $sFileName = "", $sFileNameExt = "", $sExtension = "", $sExt = "" Local $aPathSplit = _PathSplitByRef($sFilePath, $sDrive, $sFullPathDir, $sDirPath, $sDirName, $sFileName, $sFileNameExt, $sExtension, $sExt) ConsoleWrite("!Path IN : " & $sFilePath & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\hosts.exe ConsoleWrite("- Driver : " & $sDrive & @CRLF) ; C: ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $sFullPathDir & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\etc ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $sDirPath & @CRLF) ; \Windows\System32\etc\ ConsoleWrite("- DirName : " & $sDirName & @CRLF) ; etc ConsoleWrite("- FileName : " & $sFileName & @CRLF) ; hosts ConsoleWrite("- FileNameExt: " & $sFileNameExt & @CRLF) ; hosts.exe ConsoleWrite("- Extension : " & $sExtension & @CRLF) ; .exe ConsoleWrite("- Ext : " & $sExt & @CRLF & @CRLF) ; exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("!Path IN : " & $aPathSplit[0] & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\hosts.exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("- Driver : " & $aPathSplit[1] & @CRLF) ; C: ;~ ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $aPathSplit[2] & @CRLF) ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\etc ;~ ConsoleWrite("- DirPath : " & $aPathSplit[3] & @CRLF) ; \Windows\System32\etc\ ;~ ConsoleWrite("- DirName : " & $aPathSplit[4] & @CRLF) ; etc ;~ ConsoleWrite("- FileName : " & $aPathSplit[5] & @CRLF) ; hosts ;~ ConsoleWrite("- FileNameExt: " & $aPathSplit[6] & @CRLF) ; hosts.exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("- Extension : " & $aPathSplit[7] & @CRLF) ; .exe ;~ ConsoleWrite("- Ext : " & $aPathSplit[8] & @CRLF) ; exe ;~ _ArrayDisplay($aPathSplit, "_PathSplit of " & $sFilePath) EndFunc ;==>_TEST Func _PathSplitByRef($sFilePath, ByRef $sDrive, ByRef $sFullPathDir, ByRef $sDirPath, ByRef $sDirName, ByRef $sFileName, ByRef $sFileNameExt, ByRef $sExtension, ByRef $sExt) If StringInStr($sFilePath,"..") Then $sFilePath=_PathFull($sFilePath) Local $aPartOfPath=StringRegExp($sFilePath, "^\h*((?:\\\\\?\\)*(\\\\[^\?\/\\]+|[A-Za-z]:)?(.*[\/\\]\h*)?((?:[^\.\/\\]|(?(?=\.[^\/\\]*\.)\.))*)?([^\/\\]*))$", $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH) ;~ If @error Then ReDim $aPartOfPath[9] ;~ $aPartOfPath[0] = $sFilePath ;~ EndIf $aPartOfPath[0] = $sFilePath ; C:\Windows\System32\etc\hosts.exe $sDrive = $aPartOfPath[1] ; C: $sFullPathDir = $aPartOfPath[1] & $aPartOfPath[2] ; C:\Windows\System32\etc If StringLeft($aPartOfPath[2], 1) == "/" Then $sDirPath = StringRegExpReplace($aPartOfPath[2], "\h*[\/\\]+\h*", "\/") Else $sDirPath = StringRegExpReplace($aPartOfPath[2], "\h*[\/\\]+\h*", "\\") EndIf $aPartOfPath[2] = $sFullPathDir ; C:\Windows\System32\etc $sDirName=StringReplace($sDirPath,"\","") $sDirName=StringReplace($sDirPath,"/","") $sFileName = $aPartOfPath[3] ; hosts $aPartOfPath[5] = $sFileName ; hosts $sExtension = $aPartOfPath[4] ; .exe $aPartOfPath[7] = $sExtension ; .exe $aPartOfPath[3] = $sDirPath ; \Windows\System32\etc\ $aPartOfPath[4] = $sDirName ; etc $aPartOfPath[6] = $sFileName & $sExtension ; hosts.exe $sFileNameExt = $aPartOfPath[6] ; hosts.exe $sExt = StringReplace($sExtension,".","") ; exe $aPartOfPath[8] = $sExt ; exe Return $aPartOfPath EndFunc ;==>_PathSplitByRef  
    • Subz
      By Subz
      Does anyone know how to split a string using multiple delimiters, returning both the values and delimiters withing the Array using StringRegExp?  For example:
      ;~ Split on " Not ", " And ", " Or " $sString = ' Not $a = 1 And $b = 2 Or $b = 3' $aArray = StringRegExp($sString,...) ;~ Returned Results $aArray[0] = '$a = 1' $aArray[1] = 'And' $aArray[2] = '$b = 2' $aArray[3] = 'Or' $aArray[4] = '$b = 3' At the moment I'm using
      Local $aArray1 = StringRegExp($sString, '(?i) Or | And | Not ', 3) Creating a new array using string split and then joining the two arrays together again
      Local $aArray1 = StringSplit(StringRegExpReplace($sString, '(?i) Or | And | Not ', '******'), '******', 3) Unfortunately regular expression isn't my forte.
    • VIP
      By VIP
      Hi,
      I need help string RegEx to get string from CREATE to GO
      #include <StringConstants.au3> ;~ Global $fileSQL1 = @ScriptDir & "\fileSQL1.sql" ;~ Global $fileSQL2 = @ScriptDir & "\fileSQL2.sql" Global $tmpSQLfile = @TempDir & "\tmpFile.sql" OnAutoItExitRegister("_OnExit") _SetTMPsql() If Not FileExists($tmpSQLfile) Then OnAutoItExitUnRegister("_OnExit") Exit MsgBox(48, "/!\", "File: " & $tmpSQLfile & @CRLF & " is not Exists!", 3) EndIf Global $ContentSQLfile = FileRead($tmpSQLfile) _Start() Func _Start() Local $aArray, $iOffset = 1, $stringRegExp = '(?i)CREATE(.*?)GO' While 1 $aArray = StringRegExp($ContentSQLfile, $stringRegExp, $STR_REGEXPARRAYMATCH, $iOffset) If @error Then MsgBox(48, "StringRegExp Error " & @error, "+> StringRegExp: " & $stringRegExp & @CRLF & @CRLF & "=> With STRING:" & @CRLF & @CRLF & $ContentSQLfile) ExitLoop EndIf $iOffset = @extended For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) - 1 MsgBox(0, "RegExp Test with Option 1 - " & $i, $aArray[$i]) Next WEnd EndFunc ;==>_Start Func _SetTMPsql() Local $tmpSQLContent = "" $tmpSQLContent &= "USE [Master]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "CREATE DATABASE [Sales] ON PRIMARY " & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "( NAME = N’Sales’, FILENAME = N’\FSASQLDBSales.mdf’ , " & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " SIZE = 2GB , MAXSIZE = 8GB, FILEGROWTH = 1GB )" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "LOG ON " & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "( NAME = N’Sales_log’, FILENAME = N’\FSASQLDBSales_log.ldf’ , " & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " SIZE = 1GB , MAXSIZE = 2GB , FILEGROWTH = 10%)" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "USE [Sales]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "-- Table Product" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Product]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "(" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [ProductId] [uniqueidentifier] DEFAULT NEWID() NOT NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [ProductName] [nchar](50) NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [ProductDescription] [nchar](3000) NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [ProductPrice] MONEY NULL" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= ") ON [PRIMARY]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "-- Table Sales" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Sales]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "( " & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [SaleId] [uniqueidentifier] DEFAULT NEWID() NOT NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [SaleName] [nchar](50) NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [SaleInfo] [nchar](3000) NULL," & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= " [SaleMoney] MONEY NULL" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= ") ON [PRIMARY]" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "SET ANSI_NULLS ON" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "GO" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "" & @CRLF $tmpSQLContent &= "-- The End" & @CRLF Local $hOpen = FileOpen($tmpSQLfile, 2 + 8 + 128) FileWrite($hOpen, $tmpSQLContent) Return FileClose($hOpen) EndFunc ;==>_SetTMPsql Func _OnExit() Exit FileDelete($tmpSQLfile) EndFunc ;==>_OnExit  
      mikell