golfinhu

[SOLVED] - Excel - Get an array of cell colors

golfinhu

Hi all, fine?

i need a little help!

I need to get an array with the colors of the cells in the specified range!

i've tried this, but don't work!

Local $aCellColors = $oWorkbook.ActiveSheet.Usedrange.Columns("BK:BP").ColorIndex
MsgBox(0,'',IsArray($aCellColors))

anyone help me? thanks a lot!

Edited by golfinhu

nitekram

Just a guess...("BK1:BP255")?

All by me:

"Sometimes you have to go back to where you started, to get to where you want to go." 

"Everybody catches up with everyone, eventually" 

"As you teach others, you are really teaching yourself."

From my dad

"Do not worry about yesterday, as the only thing that you can control is tomorrow."

WindowsError.gif

WIKI | Tabs; | Arrays; | Strings | Wiki Arrays | How to ask a Question | Forum Search | FAQ | Tutorials | Original FAQ | ONLINE HELP | UDF's Wiki | AutoIt PDF

AutoIt Snippets | Multple Guis | Interrupting a running function | Another Send

StringRegExp | StringRegExp Help | RegEXTester | REG TUTOR | Reg TUTOT 2

AutoItSetOption | Macros | AutoIt Snippets | Wrapper | Autoit  Docs

SCITE | SciteJump | BB | MyTopics | Programming | UDFs | AutoIt 123 | UDFs Form | UDF

Learning to script | Tutorials | Documentation | IE.AU3 | Games? | FreeSoftware | Path_Online | Core Language

Programming Tips

Excel Changes

ControlHover.UDF

GDI_Plus

Draw_On_Screen

GDI Basics

GDI_More_Basics

GDI Rotate

GDI Graph

GDI  CheckExistingItems

GDI Trajectory

Replace $ghGDIPDll with $__g_hGDIPDll

DLL 101?

Array via Object

GDI Swimlane

GDI Plus French 101 Site

GDI Examples UEZ

GDI Basic Clock

GDI Detection

Ternary operator

water

i've tried this, but don't work!

​What do you mean by: Don't work? Could you please be a bit more specific?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
iCal (2019-01-22 - Version 0.1.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

golfinhu

​What do you mean by: Don't work? Could you please be a bit more specific?

​Look my generic code:

#include <Array.au3>

$oExcel = ObjCreate("Excel.Application")
With $oExcel ; open new workbook
    .Visible = True
    .WorkBooks.Add
    .ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(1).Select()
EndWith

$sRange ="A1:G8"

With $oExcel.ActiveSheet.Range($sRange)
    .Select
    .HorizontalAlignment = -4108 ; center
    .ColumnWidth = 18
    ;.EntireColumn.AutoFit
EndWith

;Color Cells
Local $n = 1
For $i = 1 To 7
    For $j = 1 To 8
        $oExcel.ActiveSheet.Range(Chr(64 + $i) & $j).Interior.ColorIndex = $n
        $oExcel.ActiveSheet.Range(Chr(64 + $i) & $j).value = "Color " & $n
        $n+=1
    Next
Next

;Array of cell values:
Local $aValue = $oExcel.ActiveSheet.Range($sRange).value
_ArrayDisplay($aValue)

;Array of cell colors:
Local $aColors = $oExcel.ActiveSheet.Range($sRange).Interior.ColorIndex
If Not IsArray($aColors) Then
    MsgBox(0,'','failed to get array colors')
Else
    _ArrayDisplay($aValue)
EndIf

I can't get an color array like a data array!

lorenkinzel

Incomplete but:

;For $i = 1 To 7
    ;etc
Local $theRange = (Chr(64 + 2) & 2)
With $oExcel
    $theColor = .ActiveSheet.Range($theRange).Interior.ColorIndex
EndWith
Msgbox(0, "", $theColor)
;Next

• Like 1

water

As far as I know: ColorIndex (and other properties) only accepts or returns a single value.
I'm nor sure how ColorIndex behaves:

1. You only will get this single value when all cells of the Range have the same color, else you will get Null.
  2. You get the value for the upper left cell of the Range

Which one is true needs to be tested.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-12-03 - Version 1.4.11.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-10-31 - Version 1.3.4.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

golfinhu

Incomplete but:

;For $i = 1 To 7
    ;etc
Local $theRange = (Chr(64 + 2) & 2)
With $oExcel
    $theColor = .ActiveSheet.Range($theRange).Interior.ColorIndex
EndWith
Msgbox(0, "", $theColor)
;Next

​it's work, thanks a lot!!!

As far as I know: ColorIndex (and other properties) only accepts or returns a single value.
I'm nor sure how ColorIndex behaves:

1. You only will get this single value when all cells of the Range have the same color, else you will get Null.
  2. You get the value for the upper left cell of the Range

Which one is true needs to be tested.

​i understand, thanks a lot for you explanation and help!

water

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nooneclose
      By nooneclose
      I forgot an important and needed aspect of my code. I need to be able to check for people who work every other week. Is it possible to write the dates that they work (every other week) between two date ranges? 
      Example:  Bob Smith has a Start date of 8-26-2018 (that is the date he is hired) And He stops working on 12-12-18 (that's the day he goes on vacation or whatever) However his work shift is every other Saturday from 7:30 AM to 6:00 Pm.  I need to calculate every other Saturday between 8-26-18 and 12-12-18 (is this clear?)

here is the code I have so far. I am just missing this last part:
      ; Step 7 Func SendData() ;******************************************************************************* ; Sends all collected data to the Excel file in correct order for Upload ;******************************************************************************* MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Scheduler_Bot", "Sending Data", 2) ; Loop Counters $LoopCount = 0 $Array_Index = 0 $DayIndex = 0 $dataIndex = 0 ; Counter for the day of the week Local $dCount = 2 ; Counter for the numbers of Ys Local $yesCount = 0 ; Excel Write Counter (VERY IMPORTANT!) Local $EWriteCount = 2 ; Declare the global shift arrays (Sunday - Saturday) Global $ShiftDaySU[100][600] Global $ShiftDayM[100][600] Global $ShiftDayT[100][600] Global $ShiftDayW[100][600] Global $ShiftDayR[100][600] Global $ShiftDayF[100][600] Global $ShiftDayS[100][600] Global $sDates[400] While $Formatted_Names[$dataIndex] <> $Formatted_Names[$IndexRows] ; $LoopCount < $IndexRows $ACounter = 0 ; Array counter ; Gets the Start date from the array $Temp = $StartDate[$Array_Index] $TempStart = StringLeft($Temp, 8) $StartTempYear = StringLeft($TempStart, 4) $StartTempMonth = StringMid($TempStart, 5, 2) $StartTempDay = StringRight($TempStart, 2) ; Gets the End date from the array $Temp = $EndDate[$Array_Index] $TempEnd = StringLeft($Temp, 8) $EndTempYear = StringLeft($TempEnd, 4) $EndTempMonth = StringMid($TempEnd, 5, 2) $EndTempDay = StringRight($TempEnd, 2) ; The starting date (in value form) $sdate = _DateToDayValue($StartTempYear, $StartTempMonth, $StartTempDay) ;_DateToDayValue(2019,1,9) ;ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "$start date " & $sdate & @CRLF & @CRLF) ; The ending date (in value form) $edate = _DateToDayValue($EndTempYear, $EndTempMonth, $EndTempDay) ;_DateToDayValue(2019,4,9) ;ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "$end date " & $edate & @CRLF & @CRLF) ; Variables for readability Local $iYear, $iMonth, $iDay ;Stores what day of the week that shift lands on Local $tSU = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "I" & $dCount) If $tSU = "Y" Then $yesCount = 1 EndIf Local $tM = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "J" & $dCount) If $tM = "Y" Then $yesCount += 1 EndIf Local $tT = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "K" & $dCount) If $tT = "Y" Then $yesCount += 1 EndIf Local $tW = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "L" & $dCount) If $tW = "Y" Then $yesCount += 1 EndIf Local $tR = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "M" & $dCount) If $tR = "Y" Then $yesCount += 1 EndIf Local $tF = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "N" & $dCount) If $tF = "Y" Then $yesCount += 1 EndIf Local $tS = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "O" & $dCount) If $tS = "Y" Then $yesCount += 1 EndIf ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($tSU & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($tM & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($tT & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($tW & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($tR & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($tF & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($tS & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF) ; Check to see if they work every other week Local $rotationWeek = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "U" & $dCount) If $rotationWeek = "0" Then ; Do nothing Else If $rotationWeek = 1 ; Do something Else ; $rotationWeek = 2 ; Do something EndIf EndIf Local $repeatWeek = _Excel_RangeRead($OpenWorkbook, Default, "V" & $dCount) If $rotationWeek = "0" Then ; Do nothing Else If $rotationWeek = 1 ; Do something Else ; $rotationWeek = 2 ; Do something EndIf EndIf While $yesCount > 0 If $tSU = "Y" Then For $Index = $sdate To $edate _DayValueToDate($Index, $iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) ; Finds the day based on its numerical value (1 = Sunday) If _DateToDayOfWeek($iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) = 1 Then $Temp = $iYear & "-" & $iMonth & "-" & $iDay & "T" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "000" $ShiftDaySU[$ACounter][$DayIndex] = $Temp _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $ShiftDaySU[$ACounter][$DayIndex], "AI" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Name _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Formatted_Names[$dataIndex], "AA" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Start Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $StartTimes[$dataIndex], "AB" & $EWriteCount) ; Send End Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $EndTimes[$dataIndex], "AC" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Hours _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $HoursWorked[$dataIndex], "AD" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Group _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkGroup[$dataIndex], "AE" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Department _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkDepartment, "AF" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Supervisor _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Supervisors[$dataIndex], "AG" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Notes _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkNotes[$dataIndex], "AH" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Shift Number $tempStime = StringReplace($StartTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") $tempEtime = StringReplace($EndTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "SU " & $tempStime & "-" & $tempEtime, "AJ" & $EWriteCount) $ACounter += 1 $EWriteCount += 1 ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Sunday " & $Temp & @CRLF) EndIf Next $yesCount -= 1 $tSU = "N" ElseIf $tM = "Y" Then For $Index = $sdate To $edate _DayValueToDate($Index, $iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) ; Finds the day based on its numerical value (1 = Sunday) If _DateToDayOfWeek($iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) = 2 Then $Temp = $iYear & "-" & $iMonth & "-" & $iDay & "T" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "000" $ShiftDayM[$ACounter][$DayIndex] = $Temp _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $ShiftDayM[$ACounter][$DayIndex], "AI" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Name _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Formatted_Names[$dataIndex], "AA" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Start Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $StartTimes[$dataIndex], "AB" & $EWriteCount) ; Send End Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $EndTimes[$dataIndex], "AC" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Hours _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $HoursWorked[$dataIndex], "AD" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Group _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkGroup[$dataIndex], "AE" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Department _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkDepartment, "AF" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Supervisor _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Supervisors[$dataIndex], "AG" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Notes _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkNotes[$dataIndex], "AH" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Shift Number $tempStime = StringReplace($StartTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") $tempEtime = StringReplace($EndTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "M " & $tempStime & "-" & $tempEtime, "AJ" & $EWriteCount) $ACounter += 1 $EWriteCount += 1 ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Monday " & $Temp & @CRLF) EndIf Next $yesCount -= 1 $tM = "N" ElseIf $tT = "Y" Then For $Index = $sdate To $edate _DayValueToDate($Index, $iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) ; Finds the day based on its numerical value (1 = Sunday) If _DateToDayOfWeek($iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) = 3 Then $Temp = $iYear & "-" & $iMonth & "-" & $iDay & "T" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "000" $ShiftDayT[$ACounter][$DayIndex] = $Temp _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $ShiftDayT[$ACounter][$DayIndex], "AI" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Name _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Formatted_Names[$dataIndex], "AA" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Start Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $StartTimes[$dataIndex], "AB" & $EWriteCount) ; Send End Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $EndTimes[$dataIndex], "AC" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Hours _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $HoursWorked[$dataIndex], "AD" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Group _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkGroup[$dataIndex], "AE" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Department _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkDepartment, "AF" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Supervisor _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Supervisors[$dataIndex], "AG" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Notes _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkNotes[$dataIndex], "AH" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Shift Number $tempStime = StringReplace($StartTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") $tempEtime = StringReplace($EndTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "T " & $tempStime & "-" & $tempEtime, "AJ" & $EWriteCount) $ACounter += 1 $EWriteCount += 1 ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Tuesday " & $Temp & @CRLF) EndIf Next $yesCount -= 1 $tT = "N" ElseIf $tW = "Y" Then For $Index = $sdate To $edate _DayValueToDate($Index, $iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) ; Finds the day based on its numerical value (1 = Sunday) If _DateToDayOfWeek($iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) = 4 Then $Temp = $iYear & "-" & $iMonth & "-" & $iDay & "T" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "000" $ShiftDayW[$ACounter][$DayIndex] = $Temp _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $ShiftDayW[$ACounter][$DayIndex], "AI" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Name _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Formatted_Names[$dataIndex], "AA" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Start Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $StartTimes[$dataIndex], "AB" & $EWriteCount) ; Send End Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $EndTimes[$dataIndex], "AC" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Hours _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $HoursWorked[$dataIndex], "AD" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Group _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkGroup[$dataIndex], "AE" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Department _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkDepartment, "AF" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Supervisor _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Supervisors[$dataIndex], "AG" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Notes _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkNotes[$dataIndex], "AH" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Shift Number $tempStime = StringReplace($StartTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") $tempEtime = StringReplace($EndTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "W " & $tempStime & "-" & $tempEtime, "AJ" & $EWriteCount) $ACounter += 1 $EWriteCount += 1 ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Wednesday " & $Temp & @CRLF) EndIf Next $yesCount -= 1 $tW = "N" ElseIf $tR = "Y" Then For $Index = $sdate To $edate _DayValueToDate($Index, $iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) ; Finds the day based on its numerical value (1 = Sunday) If _DateToDayOfWeek($iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) = 5 Then $Temp = $iYear & "-" & $iMonth & "-" & $iDay & "T" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "000" $ShiftDayR[$ACounter][$DayIndex] = $Temp _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $ShiftDayR[$ACounter][$DayIndex], "AI" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Name _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Formatted_Names[$dataIndex], "AA" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Start Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $StartTimes[$dataIndex], "AB" & $EWriteCount) ; Send End Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $EndTimes[$dataIndex], "AC" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Hours _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $HoursWorked[$dataIndex], "AD" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Group _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkGroup[$dataIndex], "AE" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Department _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkDepartment, "AF" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Supervisor _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Supervisors[$dataIndex], "AG" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Notes _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkNotes[$dataIndex], "AH" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Shift Number $tempStime = StringReplace($StartTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") $tempEtime = StringReplace($EndTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "R " & $tempStime & "-" & $tempEtime, "AJ" & $EWriteCount) $ACounter += 1 $EWriteCount += 1 ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Thursday " & $Temp & @CRLF) EndIf Next $yesCount -= 1 $tR = "N" ElseIf $tF = "Y" Then For $Index = $sdate To $edate _DayValueToDate($Index, $iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) ; Finds the day based on its numerical value (1 = Sunday) If _DateToDayOfWeek($iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) = 6 Then $Temp = $iYear & "-" & $iMonth & "-" & $iDay & "T" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "000" $ShiftDayF[$ACounter][$DayIndex] = $Temp _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $ShiftDayF[$ACounter][$DayIndex], "AI" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Name _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Formatted_Names[$dataIndex], "AA" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Start Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $StartTimes[$dataIndex], "AB" & $EWriteCount) ; Send End Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $EndTimes[$dataIndex], "AC" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Hours _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $HoursWorked[$dataIndex], "AD" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Group _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkGroup[$dataIndex], "AE" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Department _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkDepartment, "AF" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Supervisor _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Supervisors[$dataIndex], "AG" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Notes _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkNotes[$dataIndex], "AH" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Shift Number $tempStime = StringReplace($StartTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") $tempEtime = StringReplace($EndTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "F " & $tempStime & "-" & $tempEtime, "AJ" & $EWriteCount) $ACounter += 1 $EWriteCount += 1 ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Friday " & $Temp & @CRLF) EndIf Next $yesCount -= 1 $tF = "N" ElseIf $tS = "Y" Then For $Index = $sdate To $edate _DayValueToDate($Index, $iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) ; Finds the day based on its numerical value (1 = Sunday) If _DateToDayOfWeek($iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) = 7 Then $Temp = $iYear & "-" & $iMonth & "-" & $iDay & "T" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "00" & ":" & "000" $ShiftDayS[$ACounter][$DayIndex] = $Temp _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $ShiftDayS[$ACounter][$DayIndex], "AI" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Name _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Formatted_Names[$dataIndex], "AA" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Start Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $StartTimes[$dataIndex], "AB" & $EWriteCount) ; Send End Time _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $EndTimes[$dataIndex], "AC" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Hours _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $HoursWorked[$dataIndex], "AD" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Work Group _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkGroup[$dataIndex], "AE" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Department _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkDepartment, "AF" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Supervisor _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $Supervisors[$dataIndex], "AG" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Notes _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, $WorkNotes[$dataIndex], "AH" & $EWriteCount) ; Send Shift Number $tempStime = StringReplace($StartTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") $tempEtime = StringReplace($EndTimes[$dataIndex], ":", "") _Excel_RangeWrite($OpenWorkbook, $OpenWorkbook.ActiveSheet, "S " & $tempStime & "-" & $tempEtime, "AJ" & $EWriteCount) $ACounter += 1 $EWriteCount += 1 ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Saturday " & $Temp & @CRLF) EndIf Next $yesCount -= 1 $tS = "N" Else ;Error Nothing equals "Y" ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "Error Nothing equals 'Y'" & @CRLF) EndIf $DayIndex += 1 $LoopCount += 1 WEnd $Array_Index += 1 $dataIndex += 1 $dCount += 1 WEnd MsgBox($MB_ICONINFORMATION, "Scheduler_Bot", "Finished Sending Data", 2) EndFunc  
    • rudi
      By rudi
      Hello,
      I face an Excel related error right after doing an _Excel_BookOpen. This is an EXCEL worksheet with filters defined, quite simple sheet. Once a week at Friday there is a scheduled task running on the file server "printing" the content to a PDF file for documentation puposes. As this is running 100% unattended it's a show stopper, if such dialog boxes show up.

Already when I did that script a month ago I faced the issue, that to dialog boxes showed up telling something about a "name conflict", once for "_FilterDatabase", and a 2nd time for "PrintingArea" (maybe _PrintingArea).

When some new name is entered, the script is going on with the PDF creation. But the autoit script is hanging with the _Excel_BookOpen, so I would need to start a 2nd. script to look for such bogus name conflict message boxes.

While trying do track down what's going on in detail, the issue vanished again, I answerd the two boxes with "xxxx" and "yyyy" for new fiel names, the file seems to have been saved by me myself without intention (or automatically by EXCEL.AU3?)

several other postings point into the direction of "this is an Excel Bug", seems to be not strictly Autoit related.

Facts:
      Windows 7 Pro x64 Office 2010 SP2 32bit Localization = German (Win & Office) Autoit v3.3.14.5 Excel Workbook with three sheets without any Macros: "TBx Projektliste.xlsx", just 82 kByte  
      Export-Excel-to-PDF-Projektstatus.au3

Any suggestions howto take care, that these "name conflicts" cannot occure?
    • ahha
      By ahha
      I think this is a very basic question, but I'm stumped after trying to solve it for weeks.  The program below illustrates the issue.  I have several instances of Excel open, each instance having several books open, each book with several sheets.  I'm able to list all this information, however I can't seem to figure out the sheet and workbook for a user selected range.  Any hints appreciated because at this point as I feel like a blind squirrel looking for a nut

#AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y #include <Array.au3> #include <Excel.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Debug.au3> ;Illustrate issue I'm having. For a user seletecd range (possibly multiple $oWorkbooks open with multiple sheets), I need to determine the Excel application object of the selected cells and the sheet ;I need $oWorkbook, $WorkSheet, $Range ;Simulate issue - in real world user may have opened Excel and I have no knowledge of the object $oExcel1 = _Excel_Open() ;open first instance _Excel_BookNew($oExcel1) ;workbook with 3 sheets _Excel_BookNew($oExcel1) ;another workbook in same instance with 3 sheets $oExcel2 = _Excel_Open(Default, Default, Default, Default, True) ;open second instance _Excel_BookNew($oExcel2) ;workbook with 3 sheets _Excel_BookNew($oExcel2) ;another workbook in same instance with 3 sheets $oExcel3 = _Excel_Open(Default, Default, Default, Default, True) ;open third instance _Excel_BookNew($oExcel3) ;workbook with 3 sheets _Excel_BookNew($oExcel3) ;another workbook in same instance with 3 sheets ;now here's what I know without a priori knowledge of the objects ;the workbook names are unigue - that is there will never be a Book1 in any but one of the instances or filename (i.e. single open instance of a particular file) $aWorkBooks = _Excel_BookList() ;get an array of all workbooks open ;Success: a two-dimensional zero based array with the following information: ;col 0 - Object of the workbook ;col 1 - Name of the workbook/file ;col 2 - Complete path to the workbook/file If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Error listing workbooks.", "@error = '" & @error & "'" & @CRLF &"@extended = '" & @extended & "'") _DebugArrayDisplay($aWorkBooks, "List of all workbooks open. Col 0 = Object, Col 1 = workbook name, Col 2 = full filename path") ;at this point we have the Object associated with the book name but no full filename path as not saved yet ;now list the sheets for each Object Workbook For $i = 0 to UBound($aWorkBooks, $UBOUND_ROWS) - 1 ;0 based $aWorkSheets = _Excel_SheetList($aWorkBooks[$i][0]) ;Col 0 = Workbook object ;Success: a two-dimensional zero based array with the following information: ; 0 - Name of the worksheet ; 1 - Object of the worksheet If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Error listing Worksheets.", "@error = '" & @error & "'" & @CRLF & "@extended = '" & @extended & "'") _ArrayDisplay($aWorkSheets, "$aWorkSheets for $aWorkBooks[" & $i & "]") Next MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL + $MB_OK, "Info", "Select a range in any Excel instance, any Workbook, and any sheet. Then click OK.") ;I have spent weeks trying to figure this out. Looked at Water's UDF (excellent tight code) and got nothing using a default. All need $oExcel ;********** all this is attempts to get it and they all failed ;********** ;from this: https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/functions/ObjGet.htm ;found a possible clue in comment "Error Getting an active Excel Object. <------- **ACTIVE** - so try it Local $oDefaultActiveExcelObject = ObjGet("", "Excel.Application") ; Get an existing Excel Object If @error Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "DEBUG", "Error Getting an active Excel Object. Error code: " & Hex(@error, 8)) Else MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "DEBUG", "Success - we got an active Excel Object") EndIf ;Now I have the object so get the rest of the info. We could check this instance against the opened ones. ;hard coded for testing. If $oDefaultActiveExcelObject = $oExcel1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "DEBUG", "$oExcel1 is the active Excel Object") Else If $oDefaultActiveExcelObject = $oExcel2 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "DEBUG", "$oExcel2 is the active Excel Object") Else If $oDefaultActiveExcelObject = $oExcel3 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "DEBUG", "$oExcel3 is the active Excel Object") Else MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "DEBUG", "ERROR - I have no idea what the active Excel Object is.") EndIf EndIf EndIf ;go ahead and get information MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "DEBUG", "$oDefaultActiveExcelObject.ActiveWorkbook.Name = '" & $oDefaultActiveExcelObject.ActiveWorkbook.Name & "'") ; <<<<<<<<<<<<<------------ this picked the wrong one. **So it looks like each instance has an active workbook.** ;At this point I'm really stumped. I probably should submit to the experts. ;I need to find $oExcel, $oWorkbook, $vWorkSheet, for the user selected range because I want to use ;$vRange = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, $vWorksheet, $oExcel.Selection.Address) ;this returns absolute like $D$3:$E$5 UNLESS it's a single cell then it returns only single absolute like $E$2 $vRange = _Excel_RangeRead("Book4", "Sheet2", "C2") ;this returns absolute like $D$3:$E$5 UNLESS it's a single cell then it returns only single absolute like $E$2 MsgBox(0, "Info", "The name of the active sheet is '" & $oExcel1.ActiveSheet.Name & "'") ;still need application object $oExcel1 MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Info", "$vRange = '" & $vRange & "'") ;knowing $oExcel instance might be helpful ;$vRange = $oExcel.Selection.Address ;this returns absolute like $D$3:$E$5 UNLESS it's a single cell then it returns only single absolute like $E$2 ;I need to know the $oExcel ;I don't think I can use _Excel_BookAttach in any way as I need to know in advance a string, a filename, or an instance ;Au3Info not showing any distinctions - I'm stuck. MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Info", "Pause before exit.") Exit  
    • XinYoung
      By XinYoung
      HI! ... this is a big one (at least for me) 
      You guys previously helped me copy the used range in column A and paste them into a Website one at a time in a loop. Cool! Now, for another function, I have 2 columns, A and B, and two input boxes in the Website. I'm having a hard time replicating the loop for the 2 columns. 
      This is how I'm opening the Excel workbook (copied from the previous function that only had 1 column). I need to also get the used range in column B.
      Func OpenExcelForCopy() Global $aBBTableData Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $ChosenFileName, Default, True, True) $oExcel.Sheets("CopyCourses").Activate ;~ Get all used cells in column A:A Global $aSearchItems = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, 1, $oWorkbook.Sheets("CopyCourses").Usedrange.Columns("A:A")) ;~ Duplicate the $aSearchItems Array Global $aSearchResult = $aSearchItems ;~ Loop through the array starting at 0 until the end of the array which is (Ubound($aSearchItems) - 1) For $i = 0 To UBound($aSearchItems) - 1 $aSearchResult[$i] = SearchCourseForCopy($aSearchItems[$i]) Next _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") Finished() EndFunc ;==>OpenExcelForCopy Then we eventually get here. I don't think anything needs to change here but I'm not sure. This is where I paste the data from Column A into an input field (which is a search tool in a website). If the search is good, then we get to the tricky part...
      ;~ OK, we logged in and we searched for a course. Lets COPY it! Func CopyCourseBegin() Local $sResult $iSearchIndex = _ArraySearch($aBBTableData, "Course ID", 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0) ;~ If the course was not found, do this. If $iSearchIndex = -1 Then ;~ MsgBox(4096, "Search Error", "Item not found") $sResult = "Source Not Found" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") ;~ Now go back to the Excel sheet and search for the next one. ;~ If the course was found, begin the COPY process. Else For $i = 0 To UBound($aSearchItems) - 1 $aSearchResult[$i] = CopyCourseNow($aSearchItems[$i]) Next $sResult = "Copied" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") EndIf Return $sResult EndFunc ;==>CopyCourseBegin This is the "tricky part" where I'm confused. I can copy and paste what's in column A just fine, but I can't manage to replicate it for column B. I need to paste whats in Column B into "destinationCourseId"
      ;~ The course search was successful. COPY the course now. Func CopyCourseNow($_sSearchResult) ;~ Navigate to the course copy page. _IENavigate($oIE, $urlBBCourseCopy) ;~ Copy the SOURCE course ID from the Excel sheet ;~ Paste whats copied from column A into the Source Course ID text box Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "selectCourse") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "sourceCourseId") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $_sSearchResult) ;~ Paste whats copied from column B into the Destination Course ID text box ?!?!?!?! Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "selectCourse") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "destinationCourseId") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $_sSearchResult) ;~ Just exit cause im stuck :( _Exit() EndFunc ;==>CopyCourseNow After I paste the data from column A into "sourceCourseId" and column B into "destinationCourseId", I'll make it do some stuff. Then I need it to loop around until the used ranges in column A & B is finished.
      Does the entire code need to change now that there's two columns?

• AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      Hello,
      I'm trying to be able to switch back and forth between multiple excel spreadsheets and I can't seem to get the WinActivate function to work, and bring the desired window the be the active window.
      Could I please get some assistance, I've tried a few things and nothing seems to work quite right. Below is a test case where I'm just trying to make the first excel sheet that was opened become the active window, and testing it by grabbing a cell value off that workbook. The message box produces the correct answer if both files are closed before running but the 2nd test file will appear to be the active window. If the code is run again without closing the excel files, nothing works (file does not appear to be active and message box will not give an answer).

#include <Excel.au3> Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase ;Open Test1 Excel Workbook local $oExcel = _Excel_open() Local $ofile = @ScriptDir & "\test1.xlsx" Local $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel,$ofile) ;Open Test2 Excel Workbook local $mExcel = _Excel_open() Local $mfile = @ScriptDir & "\test2.xlsx" Local $mWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($mExcel,$mfile) ; This workbook is completely blank WinActivate($oWorkbook); should make Test1 the active window local $read1 = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook,Default,"B2"); Cell B1 in Test1 workbook contains the word Test MsgBox(0,0,$read1);Should returns the word test