Shadow_Delta

How to Get Folder Path

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

How to select a folder and assign the path value to a variable in autoit?

; Selecting a file and assigning that to $sPath value)
Case $file
            $sPath = FileOpenDialog("Open a file", @desktopdir, "Cabinet Files (*.cab)",$FD_MULTISELECT)
            GUICtrlSetData($file, $sPath)

; How to do the same with a folder?
      Case $folder
         $sPath = FileSelectFolder($sPath, "")

Need the selected folder path to be used in the $sPath section for further implementation.
Or a method to Select Folder or Files at once.

Edited by Shadow_Delta

How about function FileSelectFolder?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Shadow_Delta,

Or a method to Select Folder or Files at once

Take a look at my ChooseFileFolder UDF (the link is in my sig) which allows you to select both files and folders at the same time in a single dialog.

M23 

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• nikink
      By nikink
      Hi all,
      I have a bit of code that works on my old Win10 PC, that fails on my new Win10 PC, and I think the only significant difference is the version of Autoit - old PC has 3.3.12, new has 3.3.14.
      I couldn't find anything mentioned in the change logs though, so perhaps I'm wrong.
      Anyway, the code to replicate my issue is:
      Test('username', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', 'DOMAIN') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test(' ', ' ') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('localun', '') ; THIS ERRORS: ;Test('', 'DOMAIN') Func Test($un, $dom) $compName = 'PCNAME' $FullName = '.' $Description = '.' ; get the WIM object $objWMIService = ObjGet("winmgmts:\\" & $compName & "\root\cimv2") ; get default user full name and description $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") If IsObj($objAccount) Then $FullName = $objAccount.FullName $Description = $objAccount.Description EndIf ConsoleWrite($FullName & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($Description & @CRLF) Return EndFunc  
      On my old PC this code will output just . and . for each of those line currently commented out. Which is fine.
      On my new PC any of those commented out lines of code cause an error, and the script won't even compile.
      $objAccount = $objWMIService.Get("Win32_UserAccount.Name='" & $un & "',Domain='" & $dom & "'") $objAccount = $objWMIService^ ERROR I'm very much a newb with the WMI stuff and objects, but it looks like the .Get property is failing when either $un or $dom aren't valid in v3.3.14, whereas in 3.3.12 the .Get would fail to return an object, which is then caught by the If statement.
      Am I on track with this? Is there some new/better way to code the example so that 3.3.14 will compile it?
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi all
      I want a way to get the last key pressed.
      I have a program that works with keyboard shortcuts and I want to  give the permission for the user to edit shortcut keys depending on what suits him
      i  want to make read-only edit box and the program writes the latest shortcut key pressed
      Please help me,
      greetings to all
      And thanks in advance
    • 9252Survive
      By 9252Survive
      Hi All, 

I am fairly new to AutoIT and I am still trying to learn, I have been using _FileListToArray to list all the files with a particular extension in an array and then loop through it for operation  (   For $i = 1 To UBound($FileArray) - 1).
      So far this has been working fine. But I am not able to figure out a problem that I have; what if I have 50 files but I only want to loop through first 10 files and then next ten and so on?  Or rather I should say, how I can I only feed max 10 files to the array at a time when I do _FileListToArray regardless of the total number of files in the folder?
      Any insight/help will be much appreciated 
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      hello guys
      how are you؟
      I hope to be fine.
      I have a question  please
      how do I get the menu item that was pressed without that contains a variable؟
      For example I have a menu  of Favorites and I want the script recognizes the existing path in the pressed item
      i'll repeat to tell the item does not contain a variable
      Is there any solution
      if you want to explain more I could write an example of what I want.
      Greetings to all,
      thanks in advance
    • Mag91
      By Mag91
      Hey Everybody,
      as you know im on a very low autoit-level.
      My question is: How can i read all PDFs from a Folder wich is open and copy them to a Folder on a Desktop.

The Folder wich contains the PDFs is variable Z:\Projektls\"*"*"*EVERYTIME ANOTHER ENDING"*"*"*"*"
      There can be 1 PDF or even 15 PDFs.
      i tried it with _FileListToArray and _FileCopy but i Need some help to understand this language

THANKS!