OutlookEX UDF - Help & Support (IV)

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fixed in version 1.3.3.1 of the UDF I uploaded today

Version 1.7.0.0 of the UDF has been released. Now you get a help file that looks like the AutoIt help. Please test before using in production! For download please see my signature.

I know I'm not Bill Murray, so I'm not a god  

Posted Images

With the EntryID of the "wrong" result you could call _OL_AppointmentGet, _OL_ItemRecurrenceGet and _OL_ItemRecurrenceExceptionGet to retirve the start and end dates of the Appointmentand Recurrences.
Maybe this tells us what goes on.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

;get only appts with recurrence 
Global $aAppointments = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "Paul Schrader 2012\Calendar", $olAppointment, "[IsRecurring]=True", "", "", "EntryID,Subject,Body,ConversationTopic,Start", "", 1)

;display the matches and validate first one is list has an entry id
_ArrayDisplay($aAppointments)

;writye the entry id of first item in the list to the console 
ConsoleWrite($aAppointments[1][0] & @crlf)

$aItems = _OL_ItemRecurrenceGet($oOutlook, $aAppointments[1][0], Default)
If @error = 0 Then
    _ArrayDisplay($aItems, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemRecurrenceGet Example Script - Properties for first recurring appointment")
Else
    MsgBox(48, "OutlookEX UDF: _OL_ItemRecurrenceGet Example Script", "Error getting recurrence information. @error = " & @error & ", @extended: " & @extended)
EndIf

I then get  the errors below

Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:
$aPattern[14] = $oRecurrence
^ ERROR

That's a bug.
Please set line

Local $aPattern[14] = [14]

in function _OL_ItemRecurrenceGet to

Local $aPattern[15] = [14]

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (2019-12-03 - Version 1.5.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Updated the function and error message is

Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.:

Func _OL_ItemRecurrenceGet($oOL, $vItem, $sStoreID = Default)
    If Not IsObj($vItem) Then
        If StringStripWS($vItem, BitOR($STR_STRIPLEADING, $STR_STRIPTRAILING)) = "" Then Return SetError(1, 0, "")
        $vItem = $oOL.Session.GetItemFromID($vItem, $sStoreID)
        If @error Then Return SetError(2, @error, "")
    EndIf
    ; Recurrence object of the appointment
    If $vItem.IsRecurring = False Then Return SetError(3, 0, "")
    Local $oRecurrence = $vItem.GetRecurrencePattern
    If Not IsObj($oRecurrence) Or @error Then Return SetError(4, @error, "")
    Local $aPattern[15] = [14]
    $aPattern[1] = $oRecurrence.DayOfMonth
    $aPattern[2] = $oRecurrence.DayOfWeekMask
    $aPattern[3] = $oRecurrence.Duration
    $aPattern[4] = $oRecurrence.EndTime
    $aPattern[5] = $oRecurrence.Instance
    $aPattern[6] = $oRecurrence.Interval
    $aPattern[7] = $oRecurrence.MonthOfYear
    $aPattern[8] = $oRecurrence.NoEndDate
    $aPattern[9] = $oRecurrence.Occurrences
    $aPattern[10] = $oRecurrence.PatternEndDate
    $aPattern[11] = $oRecurrence.PatternStartDate
    $aPattern[12] = $oRecurrence.RecurrenceType
    $aPattern[13] = $oRecurrence.StartTime
    Return $aPattern
EndFunc   ;==>_OL_ItemRecurrenceGet

You are sure you modified the correct copy of the OutlookEX UDF? "Correct" means: The version that gets included by AutoIt?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Did you create the Appointment manually or by using one of the OutlookEX functions?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

_OL_ItemRecurrenceGet returns the following values which mean:
The recurrence is

• run every 2 weeks on Thursday at 16:00
  • for the duration of 60 minutes
  • starting with 2021/05/06
  • repeated 10 times (so it runs for a total of 20 weeks)

Is this correct?

grafik.png.342909494fa27db9626fc0b826c95f64.png

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

On 1/11/2022 at 4:31 AM, HighlanderSword said:

Global $aAppointments = _OL_ItemFind($oOutlook, "*\Calendar", $olAppointment, "[Start]>='2022-02-18 00:00' And [End]<='2022-02-18 23:59'", "", "", "EntryID,Subject,Body,ConversationTopic,Start", "", 2)

What do you get when you replace your original query with

$aAppointments = _OL_AppointmentGet($oOutlook, "*\Calendar", "2022/02/18 00:00", "2022/02/18 23:59", False, False)

This ignores recurrences and appointments that do not start AND end in the specified time frame.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

ok that removed all recurring tasks including the ones that should be there for that day 

So i took another day 2022/01/19 and manually added a one time Appt.

I then ran the script and it only gives the one task that has no re-occurrences ( that I just added)  , and excludes the ones that due have re-occurrences and are scheduled for 2022/01/19

As I wrote in the above post:

1 hour ago, water said:

This ignores recurrences ...

To include recurrences you have to set the first False parameter to True.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 months later...

@water

Trust you are doing well.

Not urgent, but I would appreciate some guidance.

I would like to add meta tags to the HTML email created.

<head>
  <meta charset="UTF-8">
  <meta name="description" content="Free Web tutorials">
  <meta name="keywords" content="HTML, CSS, JavaScript">
  <meta name="author" content="John Doe">
  <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
</head>

From what I see MSO itself generates a whole set of meta tags. How can I add my own meta tags?

If this is covered elsewhere, please just point me in the right direction?

Thanks

S

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Posted (edited)

I think you can simply add them to the HTMLBody property.

Example:

image.png.354dfeced78a4387210b0f0cfce3a6c2.png

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki