OutlookEX UDF - Help & Support (IV)

On 9/23/2022 at 10:41 PM, water said:

That's about TNEF. This has nothing to do with your problem.

When searching the web for the 0x80004004 error code I got a few ideas:

• Do you run the 64 bit version of Office? If yes, please run the script as 64 bit as well.
  • Can you please deactivate all Outlook addons and run your script again?
  • Can you hava a look at this site and check the "Programmatic Access Security".
  • Another post to check. The same error has already been discussed in 2019.
  • I check the version in outlook and found thisimage.png.13f94a834f3613fc8a74b1780719c6ab.png So I think its 32 Bit Version.

• I can´t deactivate all Add-Ons, because one is set by System Administrator :( (it´s a PC at work, not my private one)

• "Programmatic Access Security" is valid

image.png.9faddf30346cb4cdd7f148c9d21415b4.png

• I do not get the solution for the last point

Do I have to take another UDF for Outlook365 instead of OutlookEX.au3? Which one (link)?

or

Do I have to change the policies in regedit that OutlookEX.au3 works? Which parameter I have to change?

image.png

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fixed in version 1.3.3.1 of the UDF I uploaded today

I've done something like this before, and if I remember correctly, the sent email object is no longer valid after it has been sent. To solve it, I searched the sent email folder for the subject of the

Version 1.7.0.0 of the UDF has been released. Now you get a help file that looks like the AutoIt help. Please test before using in production! For download please see my signature.

Posted Images

We run "Microsoft Outlook 2016 MSO 32-Bit" on Windows 10.
My understanding is that "Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise" is the Client for the cloud version of MS Office. 

• I do not get the solution for the last point

Means that you should ask your IT-department. Maybe they have done some of the described settings (in the post I linked you to and the posts that follow).

I have really run out of ideas what could cause your problems :( 
Your script works on your W8 PC, doesn't on your W10 machine and works on my W10 computer. So I think the problem is related to your Outlook version or some of the configuration settings.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

12 hours ago, water said:

We run "Microsoft Outlook 2016 MSO 32-Bit" on Windows 10.
My understanding is that "Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise" is the Client for the cloud version of MS Office. 

The Office Version for all Office products is "Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise", but the App on the PC is Outlook 2016. I search the path of the App and get this: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\OUTLOOK.EXE

12 hours ago, water said:

Means that you should ask your IT-department. Maybe they have done some of the described settings (in the post I linked you to and the posts that follow).

I have really run out of ideas what could cause your problems :( 
Your script works on your W8 PC, doesn't on your W10 machine and works on my W10 computer. So I think the problem is related to your Outlook version or some of the configuration settings.

In the post September 29, 2019 from Simpel he/she asks "Which of the policies should be set to 2 to get the following work?" I can´t see any answer in the following post. These are my settings in the regestry:

image.png.f4a4f493e28669cc028b603e2a7f0283.png

I have absolutely run out of ideas :(

Did you ask your IT department what has changed between Outlook 2013 and Outlook 2016?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I did a little search but this seems to be a new topic, and I can't find any reference in the help file neither.

When using this function from version 1.7.0.1 :

_OL_Wrapper_SendMail($oOL, $useremail, $ccemail & ";" & $additionalemail, "noreply@xx.xx;" , $emailTopic, $emailbody , "", $olFormatHTML, $olImportanceHigh)

And the HTML body contains a Sharepoint Online link like this one :

https://14560218.sharepoint.com/sites/TEST-General/Shared Documents/Forms/welcome.aspx

When sending the email, we got this warning :

image.png.2320466f5c3aebbb01a1c033a7c567ee.png 

I know this is an actual and legitimate warning from Outlook, but is it possible to include a switch to choose between "Send Anyway" and "Don't Send" without user interaction?

Thanks

Will reply after my vacation. 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You could have a look at _OL_Open.
Parameters $bWarningClick, $sWarningProgram, $iWinCheckTime and $iCtrlCheckTime allow to call a program to click away such messages.
The UDF comes with an example script (_OL_Warnings) which you can extend to suit your needs

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

I am trying to take emails sitting in my outbox (from MailMerge) and apply High Importance to them before they are sent.

I thought I could get it to work with something like:

_OL_ItemModify($Outlook_Connection, $Email_In_Focus, Default, $iImportance=$olImportanceHigh)

But, this strategy does not appear to work.

Any recommendations on how to apply High Importance to an email in my outbox?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: I fixed it with:

_OL_ItemModify($Outlook_Connection, $Email_In_Focus, Default, "Importance=" & $olImportanceHigh)

Edited by baconaise
I fixed it.