Atoxis

Working ImageSearch - (Moved)

Atoxis

Howdy, I've gone through a lot of au3 forums, and I once had a working Imagesearch script that I got from here.  However, and i'm just totally not sure how but my imagesearch scripts aren't working anymore.
I'm not new to au3 but i'm not the most experienced with it's syntax/commands.

Anyways, I've looked over the big threads involving imagesearch.

Does anyone have a working Imagesearch x64 for win10 that is currently working as of the date with the post.

Dll's and what not is fine, just when I tell the script to run, I want to be able to find the image on the screen!
Can't find a working copy so if anyone has one please send it my way lol.

I've taken all the imagesearch downloads and what not and have played with them but I can't get any of them working on my end, despite others saying they're working.
Thanks.

Earthshine

under display settings, make sure your Scale and Layout is set to  100% and not more.

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

JLogan3o13

Moved to the appropriate forum, as the Developer General Discussion forum very clearly states:

General development and scripting discussions. If it's super geeky and you don't know where to put it - it's probably here.

Do not create AutoIt-related topics here, use the AutoIt General Help and Support or AutoIt Technical Discussion forums.

Moderation Team

√-1 2^3 ∑ π, and it was delicious!

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Atoxis
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:54 PM, Earthshine said:

under display settings, make sure your Scale and Layout is set to  100% and not more.

I'm fine on that front.  Just waiting for others to reply with working code.  If anyone is experienced enough I can dump the folder that I have that used to be my old working image search.

robertocm

OpenCV match feature could be an alternative to search for an image inside another image

See also this example of image compare:

careca

Spoiler

Paster - Main function is to paste text, but has more functions. (No longer mantained, switched to String Trigger)

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Firefox Profile Backup - Backup/restore previously saved profile.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

autocart
Posted (edited)

Hi Atoxis,

I kind of "wrapped" the ImageSearch command from ... *cough* ... cannot say it out loud in here ... (*whispering*) AutoHotKey ... to an AutoIt function.

Of course a separate dll must be downloaded from here: https://hotkeyit.github.io/v2/
Either one of the dll packages (v1 or v2) should do the trick. Just don't use the help file of v1. It's confusing and misleading. Even the author says on that page that it is outdated. Don't know why it is still packaged with the v1 zip package. So make sure to at least download v2 for the help file. And, if you want it, v1 for the possibly more stable version? If you should be using the 32-bit v1 version after all, make sure to be using the "w" version, not the "a".

I am not an expert with dll calls. So the code underneath is the result of trial and error based on reading the help files rather than of always exactly knowing what must be coded. I also did not do much error catching in the code - or none at all - but the code is not so complicated nor long. It also might not be the fastest ImageSearch-code out there, but hey, the code works for me (on Win 8.1 x64 and with both 32-bit and 64-bit AutoIt) and I think it is fairly simple to implement. But I am willing to work on improving the code upon feedback. (The additional plus of this code is that you can practically wrap any ahk command or fuction to AutoIt by copying and slightly adapting the code. Not that there would be much need for that but who knows, maybe tomorrow one of us stumbles upon another case like ImageSearch.)

Hope it helps either you, Atoxis, or someone else in the future.
Regards, S.

$searchAreaX1 = xxxxx ;//upper left X value of search area
$searchAreaY1 = yyyyy ;//upper left Y value of search area
$searchAreaX2 = xxxxxx ;//lower right X value of search area
$searchAreaY2 = yyyyyy ;//lower right Y value of search area
$OptionsAndImageFile = "..." ;//e.g. "*20 *TransBlack (relative) path to image.png", see https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/ImageSearch.htm
;~ $ImageSearchCoordMode = "..." ;//Specify whether all coordinates are relative to "Screen|Window|Client". Can be skipped. Default is "Window" (meaning the one active while the ImageSearch function runs). see also https://www.autohotkey.com/docs/commands/CoordMode.htm

WinActivate(".......", "") ;//if coordinates are relative to window, it makes sense to activate the desired window before performing the search
WinWaitActive("[LAST]")

$imageFoundAt = ImageSearch_ahk_wrapped($searchAreaX1, $searchAreaY1, $searchAreaX2, $searchAreaY2, $OptionsAndImageFile)
If $imageFoundAt[0] Then
    MsgBox(0, "ImageSearch results", "Image found at the coordinates: X " & $imageFoundAt[0] & ", Y " & $imageFoundAt[1])
Else
    MsgBox(0, "ImageSearch results", "Image not found.")
EndIf

;// VVV BEGINNING OF "WRAPPER"-FUNCTION: VVV
Func ImageSearch_ahk_wrapped($searchAreaX1, $searchAreaY1, $searchAreaX2, $searchAreaY2, $OptionsAndImageFile, $ImageSearchCoordMode = "Window")

;// >>> IN THE NEXT 4 LINES OF CODE CHOOSE THE DLL OF YOUR CHOICE SO THAT IT FITS THE BIT-VERSION OF YOUR DESIRED AUTOIT.EXE BY COMMENTING THE OTHER LINES OUT. THIS WAY THE CODE CAN BE REUSED/REVISITED AND QUICKLY ADAPTED.
;// >>> IN THE NEXT 6 LINES OF CODE ADAPT THE PATHS/STRINGS TO YOUR LOCAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
;~  $path_to_AutoHotkey_dll = ".\ahkdll-v1-release-master\Win32w\AutoHotkey.dll"
;~  $path_to_AutoHotkey_dll = ".\ahkdll-v1-release-master\x64w\AutoHotkey.dll"
;~  $path_to_AutoHotkey_dll = ".\ahkdll-v2-release-master\Win32w\AutoHotkey.dll"
    $path_to_AutoHotkey_dll = ".\ahkdll-v2-release-master\x64w\AutoHotkey.dll"

$part_of_path_identifying_version1 = "ahkdll-v1-release-master"
    $part_of_path_identifying_version2 = "ahkdll-v2-release-master"

$hDll = DllOpen($path_to_AutoHotkey_dll)

DllCall($hDll, "UINT_PTR:cdecl", "ahkdll", "wstr", "", "wstr", "", "wstr", "")
    If StringInStr($path_to_AutoHotkey_dll, $part_of_path_identifying_version1) Then
        DllCall($hDll, "BOOLEAN:cdecl", "ahkExec", "wstr", "CoordMode Pixel, " & $ImageSearchCoordMode)
        DllCall($hDll, "BOOLEAN:cdecl", "ahkExec", "wstr", "ImageSearch foundX, foundY, " & $searchAreaX1 & ", " & $searchAreaY1 & ", " & $searchAreaX2 & ", " & $searchAreaY2 & ", " & $OptionsAndImageFile)
    ElseIf StringInStr($path_to_AutoHotkey_dll, $part_of_path_identifying_version2) Then
        DllCall($hDll, "BOOLEAN:cdecl", "ahkExec", "wstr", "CoordMode ""Pixel"", """ & $ImageSearchCoordMode & """")
        DllCall($hDll, "BOOLEAN:cdecl", "ahkExec", "wstr", "ImageSearch foundX, foundY, " & $searchAreaX1 & ", " & $searchAreaY1 & ", " & $searchAreaX2 & ", " & $searchAreaY2 & ", """ & $OptionsAndImageFile & """")
    EndIf
    $foundX = DllCall($hDll, "wstr:cdecl", "ahkgetvar", "wstr", "foundX", "UInt", 0)
    $foundY = DllCall($hDll, "wstr:cdecl", "ahkgetvar", "wstr", "foundY", "UInt", 0)
    Local $returnArray[2]
    $returnArray[0] = $foundX[0]
    $returnArray[1] = $foundY[0]

DllClose($hDll)

Return $returnArray
EndFunc

Edited by autocart
  • Like 1

Uten

Make sure you test with screen scale set to 100% Then test with different scale. I have struggled with some code comparing images. Turned out capturing code got offset when screen scale was not 100%. I gave up on ImageSearch.dll 3 months ago. Could be the same problem.