New Script

careca

Many times i copied to clipboard some code to test and i had to create a new au3 file, open it and paste the code in, with this script that's automatic.

#include <FileConstants.au3>

$NewAu3Path = @DesktopDir & '\NewAu3' & '.' & @HOUR & '.' & @MIN & '.' & @SEC & '.au3'
$NewAu3 = FileOpen($NewAu3Path, 2)
FileWrite($NewAu3, ClipGet())
FileClose($NewAu3)

Added current time to ensure the file has unique filename.

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

I wouldn't open it in Append mode, otherwise your "new script" will get written to the end of whatever is in that file already. Also, you could probably do a ShellExecute on your new script to open it in SciTE.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

Just a suggestion; this might do better under the "Snippets" thread - it is the very definition of "short, reusable pieces of code"

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Hi.

This is my version. It starts with a hotkey in another tool I always have running:

#include <File.au3>
; define your pathes
Local $sDestinationPath = @DesktopDir
Local $sPathSciTE = ; FILL IN YOUR PATH HERE
; find the last test file
Local $aTestFiles = _FileListToArray($sDestinationPath, "test*.au3", $FLTA_FILES) ; search existing test*.au3
Local $sTestFiles = _ArrayToString($aTestFiles) ; make a string of it
$aTestFiles = StringRegExp($sTestFiles, "(?i)test(\d+)\.au3", $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH) ; search all test*-files with digits between test and extension au3
For $i = 0 To UBound($aTestFiles) -1
    $aTestFiles[$i] = Number($aTestFiles[$i]) ; make them all to numbers
Next
_ArraySort($aTestFiles) ; sort them
Local $iLastNumber = $aTestFiles[UBound($aTestFiles) - 1] ; that is the highest number
; create the next test file
Local $sNewFile = $sDestinationPath & "\test" & $iLastNumber + 1 & ".au3" ; adding 1 to the last file
Local $File = FileOpen($sNewFile, $FO_OVERWRITE) ; open the file in overwrite mode
FileWrite($File, ClipGet()) ; put the clipboard inside
FileClose($File) ; close the file
; open the test file in SciTE
If Not WinExists("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]") Then ShellExecute($sPathSciTE) ; so all last opened tabs are opened too
While Not WinExists("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]")
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
RunWait('"' & $sPathSciTE & '" "' & $sNewFile & '"', $sDestinationPath, @SW_HIDE)

My test.au3 files are counted. This way I get the next file. And as @BrewManNH said it is opening SciTE directly.

Simpel

Edited by Simpel
code edited for "open test file"
SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Thanks for input, i thought about snippets, but somehow it felt better here, but feel free to move it @JLogan3o13

@BrewManNH, yes, makes sense, now i added the current time in the filename to make it unique, thus not overwriting or appending anything, each file is unique in theory.

Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

Hi, I added another feature. If there are testX.au3 files (X is are digits) that is empty it will use this one:

#include <File.au3>
; define your pathes
Local $sDestinationPath = ; your path where these test files should be
Local $sPathSciTE = ; your path to SciTE
Local $aTestFiles = _FileListToArray($sDestinationPath, "test*.au3", $FLTA_FILES) ; search existing test*.au3
$aTestFiles = StringRegExp($sTestFiles, "(?i)test(\d+)\.au3", $STR_REGEXPARRAYGLOBALMATCH) ; search all test*-files with digits between test and extension au3
Next
; find first empty file or get the last number + 1
Local $iNextNumber
    If FileGetSize($sDestinationPath & "\test" & $aTestFiles[$i] & ".au3") = 0 Then
        $iNextNumber = $aTestFiles[$i]
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next
If Not IsNumber($iNextNumber) Then $iNextNumber = $aTestFiles[UBound($aTestFiles) -1] + 1 ; that is the highest number + 1
Local $sNewFile = $sDestinationPath & "\test" & $iNextNumber & ".au3"
Local $File = FileOpen($sNewFile, $FO_OVERWRITE) ; open the file in overwrite mode
FileWrite($File, ClipGet()) ; put the clipboard inside
If Not WinExists("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]") Then ShellExecute($sPathSciTE) ; that's for re-opening current opened files too before
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
RunWait('"' & $sPathSciTE & '" "' & $sNewFile & '"', $sDestinationPath, @SW_HIDE) ; now open that file

Simpel

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Hello. Proably you could also add a hotkey and detect topic name etc to organize all better.

Maybe You can get interested in this.

Probably I'll develop a firefox version too.

Saludos

Well, that's a very helpful program from the great talented programmer Danyfirex. Thanks a lot man. :) 

Its actually a blend of JavaScript & AutoIt. Superb !

Edited by kcvinu
Spoiler

My Contributions

Glance GUI Library - A gui library based on Windows api functions. Written in Nim programming language.

UDF Link Viewer   --- A tool to visit the links of some most important UDFs 

Includer_2  ----- A tool to type the #include statement automatically 

Digits To Date  ----- date from 3 integer values

PrintList ----- prints arrays into console for testing.

Alert  ------ An alternative for MsgBox 

MousePosition ------- A simple tooltip display of mouse position

GRM Helper -------- A littile tool to help writing code with GUIRegisterMsg function

Access_UDF  -------- An UDF for working with access database files. (.*accdb only)

Just another small update:

#include <File.au3>
; define your pathes
Local $sDestinationPath = ; your path where these test files should be
Local $sPathSciTE = ; your path to SciTE
Next
Local $iNextNumber
        ExitLoop
    EndIf
Next
If Not IsNumber($iNextNumber) Then $iNextNumber = $aTestFiles[UBound($aTestFiles) -1] + 1 ; that is the highest number + 1
Local $sNewFile = $sDestinationPath & "\test" & $iNextNumber & ".au3"
Local $sCheck = "#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=;-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7" ; commenting out all predefined checks inside ini
FileWrite($File, $sCheck & @CRLF & @CRLF & ClipGet()) ; put the clipboard inside
If Not WinExists("[CLASS:SciTEWindow]") Then ShellExecute($sPathSciTE) ; that's for re-opening current opened files too before
    Sleep(100)
WEnd
RunWait('"' & $sPathSciTE & '" "' & $sNewFile & '"', $sDestinationPath, @SW_HIDE) ; now open that file

If you have defined AU3Check_Parameter in AutoIt3Wrapper.ini then often you are confronted with a lot of AU3Check error messages (e.g. "variable not declared"). But often I only want to test the script and maybe adopt it later. So here I insert "#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=;-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7" on top of the new file (look for the semicolon in the string). So no error messages of these types are fired. For further development delete the ";" inside that string or delete the whole line to go back to your own settings.

Simpel

• 2 weeks later...

@Danyfirex, I tried your chrome extension and it worked like charme. I modified the AutoItCodeRunner this way:

#include <String.au3>
#include <File.au3>
; define your pathes
Local $sDestinationPath = ; where do you want putted the files to - no trailing \
Local $sPathSciTE = ; path to SciTE

Local $sFileName = "CCR_" ; ChromeCodeRunner
Local $aFilename = _StringBetween(ClipGet(), ";Title: ", " - AutoIt ")
If IsArray($aFilename) Then
    $sFileName &= StringRegExpReplace($aFilename[0], '[ /:*?"<>|]', '_')
    ConsoleWrite($sFileName & @CRLF)
Else
    Next
    Local $iNextNumber
            ExitLoop
        EndIf
    Next
    $sFileName &= "test" & $iNextNumber
    ConsoleWrite($sFileName & @CRLF)
EndIf

; create the file
Local $sNewFile = $sDestinationPath & "\" & $sFileName & ".au3"
Local $sCheck = "#AutoIt3Wrapper_AU3Check_Parameters=;-q -d -w 1 -w 2 -w 3 -w- 4 -w 5 -w 6 -w- 7" ; for all those cases variables are not declared etc.
FileWrite($File, $sCheck & @CRLF & @CRLF & ClipGet()) ; put the clipboard inside
; open the file in SciTE
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Regards, Simpel