WebDriver UDF - Help & Support (III)

Danp2

btw.
I added:

_WD_Navigate($sSession, 'https://www.google.com/')
    _WD_LoadWait($sSession, 1000)

Local $sFilePath = "chrome://print"
    _WD_Navigate($sSession, $sFilePath)

but it change browser content from google to printing GUI, thus browser content that will be printed is empty, but this should print google content.

Can anyone fix it?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

9 minutes ago, mLipok said:

I said no because easier way to do this is:

Local $a_Printer[] = ['Save as PDF']
_WD_ElementSelectAction($WD_SESSION, $sSelectElement, "MULTISELECT", $a_Printer)

are you still laughing or are you picking your jaw off the floor

;)

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

8 minutes ago, mLipok said:

I said no because easier way to do this is:

Local $a_Printer[] = ['Save as PDF']
_WD_ElementSelectAction($WD_SESSION, $sSelectElement, "MULTISELECT", $a_Printer)

I view this as a "hack" because you are using "multiselect" to perform an action that it wasn't originally intended (selecting a single option). Also, I guess "better" is subjective because I don't view this a better approach than what I proposed. 🤔

As I remeber one of our discussion on github (when I was developing "MULTISELECT" and others commands) I was suggesting to add there a speciall function for select single option by name, by label, and by Index.

Are you saing that currently you agree that such feature will be handy ?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, mLipok said:

btw.
I added:

Local $sFilePath = "chrome://print"
    _WD_Navigate($sSession, $sFilePath)

but it change browser content from google to printing GUI, thus browser content that will be printed is empty, but this should print google content.

Can anyone fix it?

I tried to do something like this:

MsgBox(0, "", 1)
; https://www.selenium.dev/selenium/docs/api/rb/Selenium/WebDriver/Keys.html
Local $sAction = '{"actions":[{"type": "key", "id": "keyboard_1", "actions": [{"type": "keyDown", "value": "\uE009"}, {"type": "keyDown", "value": "p"}, {"type": "keyUp", "value": "p"}, {"type": "keyUp", "value": "\uE009"}]}]}'
_WD_Action($sSession, "actions", $sAction)
MsgBox(0, "", 2)

I expected the effect to be the same as pressing CTRL + p, but it didn't.
What did I do wrong?

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, mLipok said:

Can anyone fix it?

Don't forget that there is already _WD_PrintToPDF. 😉

Are you saying that currently you agree that such feature will be handy ?

IDK. I would need to think about it before (dis)agreeing. 😏

I do think that this discussion has pointed out a few weak points with the current "multiselect" implementation --

• No validation that the target select element supports multiselect
  • No validation that multiple selections were requested

Edited by Danp2

46 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Don't forget that there is already _WD_PrintToPDF. 😉

I know.

But there are 2 week points:

1. as you know it works in non headless mode only on FF, and for this reason not always possible to use it
  2. even if you have PDF you are not always able to print them to printer device without third party software

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, mLipok said:

as you know it works in non headless mode only on FF

Thanks for the reminder as I has forgotten about this limitation with Chromium-based browsers.

even if you have PDF you are not always able to print them to printer device without third party software

I was thinking about @Zul's request when I mentioned _WD_PrintToPDF.

44 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

Thanks for the reminder as I has forgotten about this limitation with Chromium-based browsers.

really ? or was it sarcasm? ;)

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@Danp2 @mLipok I love the banter in this channel!

Thank you for the enlightenment, replies and suggestions.. I am looking into them and trying to incorporate and test..

Will update soon.. And might have some consequential questions..

Stand by..

7 minutes ago, Zul said:

@Danp2 @mLipok I love the banter in this channel!

Here's what a conversation between friends looks like. 😁

btw.

@Zul :welcome:2️⃣logo_autoit_210x72.svg4️⃣um

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

• Danp2 changed the title to WebDriver UDF (W3C compliant version) - 07/29/2022
23 hours ago, mLipok said:

@Zul :welcome:2️⃣logo_autoit_210x72.svg4️⃣um

Thank you for the geeky welcome 😉
Thank you @Danp2 as well for enlightening that the ElementOptionSelect method isn't supported in shadow root and chipping in with ideas.
Appreciate it guys.

I've incorporated the code changes as suggested and managed to get stuff to work for Print Destination, Paper Size and Scaling Type.
I've hit a snag on the Scale Percentage as it is an input (type=number) and not a dropdown list.
I tried to use SetElementValue to set the Scale Percentage input box it seems to not work. Probably I'm not doing it right?

I'll attached the code snippet below (but I'll omit the parts that are already working as it will get too long)

Code:

;Work in progres...
_WD_ChromePrintScalePercent($sSession, '75')

Func _WD_ChromePrintScalePercent($sSession, $iScalePercent = Default)
    ; Iterate through shadow-root (SR) to get to desired element
    Local $printPreviewApp_SR = _WD_GetShadowRoot($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByXPath, "//print-preview-app")
    Local $printPreviewSidebar_SR = _WD_GetShadowRoot($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "print-preview-sidebar#sidebar", $printPreviewApp_SR)
    Local $ironCollapse = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "#moreSettings", $printPreviewSidebar_SR, Default, True)

Local $printPreviewScalingSettings_SR = _WD_GetShadowRoot($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "#moreSettings > print-preview-scaling-settings", $ironCollapse)
    Local $printPreviewNumberSettingsSelect_SR = _WD_GetShadowRoot($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "iron-collapse > print-preview-number-settings-section", $printPreviewScalingSettings_SR)
    Local $userValue_SR = _WD_GetShadowRoot($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "#userValue", $printPreviewNumberSettingsSelect_SR)
    Local $sSelectInputElement = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "#input", $userValue_SR, '', True)

Local $i_Ret = _WD_SetElementValue($sSession, $sSelectInputElement, $iScalePercent)
    If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, $i_Ret)

;Local $a_ScalePercent[] = [$iScalePercent]
    ;Local $i_Ret = _WD_ElementSelectAction($sSession, $sSelectInputElement, "MULTISELECT", $a_ScalePercent)
    ;If @error Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, $i_Ret)

$sCurrentValue = _WD_ElementSelectAction($sSession, $sSelectInputElement, "value")
    MsgBox($MB_OK + $MB_TOPMOST + $MB_ICONINFORMATION, 'Using XPath #' & @ScriptLineNumber, _
        'After selecting Value "' & $iScalePercent & '"' & @CRLF & _
        'CurrentValue = ' & $sCurrentValue)

#TODO @Zul ===> Click the PRINT button
    #TODO @Zul ===> Close the GUI .... "chrome://print"
EndFunc   ;==>_WD_ChromePrintDestination

SciTE output:

_WD_GetShadowRoot ==> Success [0] : Parameters:    Strategy=css selector    Selector=#userValue    StartElement=0fe6c9e4-eeb7-4e06-9165-5716cee9ca43
__WD_Post ==> Success [0] : HTTP status = 200
_WD_FindElement ==> Success [0] : Parameters:   Strategy=css selector   Selector=#input   StartNodeID=d09eecff-8cd9-49da-97bf-f11feb4c2e89   Multiple=   ShadowRoot=True
__WD_Post ==> Element interaction issue [14] : HTTP status = 400
_WD_ElementAction ==> Element interaction issue [14] : Parameters:   Command=value   Option=<masked>
_WD_SetElementValue ==> Element interaction issue [14] : Parameters:    Element=b9b46621-b5ed-426f-aed8-e667f5ba9a3f    Value=75    Style=Default
+>10:37:50 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:0
+>10:37:50 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 12.53

I was able to get the ''#userValue'' shadow-root but seems like finding the element with CSSSelector ''#input'' was only partially successful with the output saying that FindElement ==> Success [0] but having Element interaction issue [14]: HTTP status = 400?

On another note, this Scale Percentage input box happens to be under an <iron-collapse> element, which is usually collapsed, until user interacts with it by clicking on 1 of the <option> of a dropdown list. It will then show up, otherwise it is hidden on the page. In this case, the <option> was actually the Scale Type ''Customised'' selection from the dropdown list.

But since I set the <option> via ElementSelectionAction and not user click, the Scale Percentage input box remained collapsed and hidden!
(see attached picture)

I think the element interaction issue [14] is related to this <iron-collapse>, as when it is closed (collapsed), the elements with tag names <cr-input> and <input> are disabled. Hence, preventing interaction with the element. If so, how can I expand this <iron-collapse>?

Thank you.

Zul

image.png

@ZulYou can't interact with an element if is isn't visible, so you will need to deal with that before proceeding --

; expand "more settings"
    Local $moreSettings_SR = _WD_GetShadowRoot($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "#container > print-preview-more-settings", $printPreviewSidebar_SR)
    Local $divExpand = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "div", $moreSettings_SR, Default, True)
    _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $divExpand, 'click')

Then you need to choose the "Custom" entry from the Select element to make the input element visible. You should be able to then set it's value.

16 minutes ago, Danp2 said:

@ZulYou can't interact with an element if is isn't visible, so you will need to deal with that before proceeding --

; expand "more settings"
    Local $moreSettings_SR = _WD_GetShadowRoot($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "#container > print-preview-more-settings", $printPreviewSidebar_SR)
    Local $divExpand = _WD_FindElement($sSession, $_WD_LOCATOR_ByCSSSelector, "div", $moreSettings_SR, Default, True)
    _WD_ElementAction($sSession, $divExpand, 'click')

Then you need to choose the "Custom" entry from the Select element to make the input element visible. You should be able to then set it's value.

@Danp2 Thank you Dan! I'll do just that later.

In the meantime, when you asked to choose the "Custom" entry from Select element,

choose =  clicking it by ElementAction like above?

or  choose = by MULTISELECT ElementSelectAction?

Zul

7 hours ago, Danp2 said:

@Zul_WD_ElementOptionSelect is what I would use here.

@Danp2, You mentioned earlier than my target element is located within a shadow root, which isn't currently supported by _WD_ElementOptionSelect.

The Default/Customized <option> for the Print Scale dropdown list is within a shadow-root I believe?

8 hours ago, Danp2 said:

You can't interact with an element if is isn't visible,

Normally I would say you have right.
But there are ways to do that.

Unless we are both thinking about something else.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

12 hours ago, Zul said:

I'll attached the code snippet below (but I'll omit the parts that are already working as it will get too long)

Do you have github account ?
Just fork 
https://github.com/Danp2/au3WebDriver

and create new branch on your side.
Give us link to them.
Then it will be easier to follow your changes.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

@mLipokWhen I made the statement "You can't interact with an element if is isn't visible", I was speaking in general terms from the Webdriver specs. Of course you can do all kinds of things with Javascript, but that was outside the scope of that discussion.

@ZulYou may be correct. _WD_ElementOptionSelect is the correct choice, expect when a shadow root is involved.

• Jos locked this topic