Curl UDF - libcurl with x64 support

Beege

Very awesome, thank you for working on this, it will liberate us from using the CLI tool and parsing the output ourselves :lol:

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I was just reminded of this. Windows 10 (and later) started shipping with curl.exe natively in 2017, so I wonder if they ship the DLL too? I don't have a Windows machine handy to check, so please let me know if you do :)

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

• 2 months later...

Much Thanks, Beege

I had used ward's version for several years. I'm so excited to know there was new version of Curl UDF being released. I'll try it out later and come back to let you know what  I had done .

Asparagus 

@Beege could you be so nice and create example how to use with POP3, POP3S, SMTP, SMTPS, IMAP, IMAPS ?
It would became an awesome EMAIL UDF.

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

On 6/14/2022 at 2:37 AM, mLipok said:

@Beege could you be so nice and create example how to use with POP3, POP3S, SMTP, SMTPS, IMAP, IMAPS ?
It would became an awesome EMAIL UDF.

@mLipok here is a small example demonstrating retrieving an email using either pop3,pop3s,imap,imaps. Ill work on smtp,smtps next :)

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: Example_Email_Fetch
; Description ...: Fetch message 1 from inbox
; Parameters ....: $sServer             - server address. ex: imap.comcast.net
;                  $sUser               - username/email address
;                  $sPass               - password
;                  $sProt               - protocol. imap,imaps,pop3,pop3s
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func Example_Email_Fetch($sServer, $sUser, $sPass, $sProt = 'imaps')

Local $Curl = Curl_Easy_Init()
    If Not $Curl Then Return

Local $emsg = $Curl

;Set username and password
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_USERNAME, $sUser) ;
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_PASSWORD, $sPass) ;

;This will fetch message 1 (oldest message) from the user's inbox
    Switch $sProt
        Case 'imaps'
            Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_URL, "imaps://" & $sServer & "/INBOX/;UID=1") ;
        Case 'imap'
            Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_URL, "imap://" & $sServer & "/INBOX/;UID=1") ;
            Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_USE_SSL, $CURLUSESSL_ALL) ;
        Case 'pop3s'
            Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_URL, "pop3s://" & $sServer & "/1") ;
        Case 'pop3'
            Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_URL, "pop3://" & $sServer & "/1") ;
        Case Else
            Return ConsoleWrite('Invalid Protocol' & @CRLF)
    EndSwitch

;Set ca bundle for peer verification
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_CAINFO, @ScriptDir & '\curl-ca-bundle.crt') ;

;Set Callback to recive msg
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION, Curl_DataWriteCallback())
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_WRITEDATA, $emsg)

;show extra connection info
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1) ;

;Perform the fetch
    $Code = Curl_Easy_Perform($Curl) ;
    If $Code = $CURLE_OK Then
        ConsoleWrite('email msg:' & @CRLF & BinaryToString(Curl_Data_Get($emsg)))
    Else
        ConsoleWrite(Curl_Easy_StrError($Code) & @LF)
    EndIf

;cleanup
    Curl_Easy_Cleanup($Curl)
    Curl_Data_Cleanup($emsg)

Return $Code ;
EndFunc   ;==>Example_Email_Fetch

Does it download a single email?
How to get the list to be downloaded first and then looped to download email by email?

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

9 hours ago, Beege said:

Ill work on smtp,smtps next

When you start to work on SMTP please remember about feature which will let users to save sent email via IMAP to SENT message box.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, mLipok said:

Does it download a single email?

oh I see you are using 

;UID=1

this mean that yours example get single email.

So:

10 minutes ago, mLipok said:

How to get the list to be downloaded first and then looped to download email by email?

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, mLipok said:

oh I see you are using 

;UID=1

this mean that yours example get single email.

In *nix UID usually refers to User ID so it's probably referring to the mailbox belonging to the user with ID = 1

https://stackoverflow.com/a/37163120/5314940

UID is the unique identification number of a email in a IMAP folder. Each mail in a folder is assigned a uid, it is you can say a index maintained by the mail folder. Whereas message-id is a header part of a email.

To understand in a simple term, UID is a unique number which cannot be duplicated within a folder

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

2 hours ago, mLipok said:

When you start to work on SMTP please remember about feature which will let users to save sent email via IMAP to SENT message box.

I was able to get a minimal example going for sending an email via smtp/smtps but it does not save to the sent box. Is that how this is actually implemented? Some kind of combination of using both smtp and imap/pop3? I never thought about what actually makes that happen with the sent messages. I'm mainly working of the examples here https://curl.se/libcurl/c/example.html if anyone else wants to tinker with whatever options exist for the protocols. 

; #FUNCTION# ====================================================================================================================
; Name ..........: Example_Email_Send
; Description ...: Send a Email
; Parameters ....: $sServer             - server address. ex: smtp.comcast.net
;                  $sUser               - username/email address
;                  $sPass               - password
;                  $sTo                 - recepient address
;                  $sFrom               - sender address
;                  $sSubject            - email subject
;                  $sBody               - email body
;                  $sProt               - protocol. smtp/smtps
; ===============================================================================================================================
Func Example_Email_Send($sServer, $sUser, $sPass, $sTo, $sFrom, $sSubject, $sBody, $sProt = 'smtp')

;Build email
    Local $sHeaders = "To: <" & $sTo & ">" & @CRLF
    $sHeaders &= "From: <" & $sFrom & ">" & @CRLF
;~  $sHeaders &= "CC: <" & $sCC & ">" & @CRLF
;~  $sHeaders &= "BCC: <" & $sBCC & ">" & @CRLF
    $sHeaders &= "Subject: " & $sSubject & @CRLF

Local $sEmail = $sHeaders & @CRLF & $sBody

If Not $Curl Then Return

;Set username and password

;set server address and protocol
    If $sProt = "smtp" Then
        Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_URL, "smtp://" & $sServer & ":587") ;
    ElseIf $sProt = "smtps" Then
        Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_URL, "smtps://" & $sServer) ;
    Else
        Return ConsoleWrite("invalid protocol" & @CRLF)
    EndIf

;Set ca bundle for peer verification

;build and set recipient list
    Local $recipients = Curl_Slist_Append(0, $sTo) ;
    ;$recipients = Curl_Slist_Append($recipients, $sCC);
    ;$recipients = Curl_Slist_Append($recipients, $sBCC);
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT, $recipients) ;

;set from address
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM, $sFrom) ;

;Set email data and callback
    Curl_Data_Put($Curl, $sEmail)
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_UPLOAD, 1)
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_READFUNCTION, Curl_DataReadCallback())
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_READDATA, $Curl)

;show extra connection info
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1) ;

;Send email
    Local $Code = Curl_Easy_Perform($Curl)
        ConsoleWrite('Email Sent!' & @CRLF)
    Else
    EndIf

;cleanup
    Curl_Slist_Free_All($recipients) ;
    Curl_Easy_Cleanup($Curl) ;
EndFunc   ;==>Example_Email_Send

As so far I was not able to take a look at your UDF internal code.

Hope I be able to do this in june.

But this is on my list.

Then I hope that I will be able to be more helpfull with append the sent email to sent mailbox.

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, mLipok said:

Nice! I just got a custom request working asking for total count of messages in the inbox which falls inline with what we need to do for the EXAMINE command they talk about. I found this link too with a bunch other custom requests that can be used. All the -X ones. https://gist.github.com/akpoff/53ac391037ae2f2d376214eac4a23634

Func Example_Email_Count($sServer, $sUser, $sPass)

If Not $Curl Then Return

Local $emsg = $Curl

;set options
    ;Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1) ;

;Request count of messeges in inbox
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "STATUS INBOX (MESSAGES)") ;
    Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_URL, "imaps://" & $sServer) ;

$Code = Curl_Easy_Perform($Curl)     ;
        ConsoleWrite('email count ' & @CRLF & BinaryToString(Curl_Data_Get($emsg)) & @CRLF & '----****------' & @CRLF)
    Else
    EndIf

Curl_Data_Cleanup($emsg)
    Curl_Easy_Cleanup($Curl)

EndFunc   ;==>Example_Email_Count

Output:

email count:
* STATUS INBOX (MESSAGES 61)

15 minutes ago, mLipok said:

After sending email with SMTP or IMAP you should be able to get the "EMAIL" content and append them to "INBOX.Sent" or to "Sent" mailbox.

This is how I do this with Chilkat AX component.

Signature beginning:

Spoiler

Here's a small example showing how to loop through the emails. This will print the subject line of the first 100 emails from the inbox.

Func Example_Email_Subjects($sServer, $sUser, $sPass)

If Not $Curl Then Return

Local $emsg = $Curl

;Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_VERBOSE, 1) ;

For $i = 1 To 100
        ; get full email
        ;Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_URL, "imaps://" & $sServer & "/INBOX/;UID=" & $i)

; get subject only
        ;Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_URL, "imaps://" & $sServer & "/INBOX/;UID=" & $i & ";SECTION=HEADER.FIELDS%20(SUBJECT)") 

; get date,from,to,subject only
        Curl_Easy_Setopt($Curl, $CURLOPT_URL, "imaps://" & $sServer & "/INBOX/;UID=" & $i & ";SECTION=HEADER.FIELDS%20(DATE%20FROM%20TO%20SUBJECT)")

$Code = Curl_Easy_Perform($Curl) ;
            ConsoleWrite($i & ': ' & BinaryToString(Curl_Data_Get($emsg)) & @CRLF)
            Curl_Data_Cleanup($emsg); clear data
        Else
            ExitLoop
        EndIf

Next

Curl_Easy_Cleanup($Curl)

EndFunc   ;==>Example_Email_Subjects

Edited by Beege